- Over 5+ years of experience in the field of Quality Assurance and software testing in all phases of STLC on several SDLC projects, developing and executing test plans/strategies, reports, testing both Web based and client server applications, developing and maintaining automation frameworks (Data Drive, POM) and generating automation scripts using Selenium.
- Conversant with all phases of Project Life Cycle including Requirement gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Implementation of Quality Software.
- Proficient in Manual and Automated Testing including Black Box/White box Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and UAT Testing.
- Expertise in Developing, maintaining and Analyzing Requirements, Test Plans, Technical Specifications, Test Strategy, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, System Specifications, Use - Cases, Test Summary Reports, Bug Reports, Track Report and Traceability Matrix based on business requirements.
- Proven Experience in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, QTP/UFT to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Very Good Experience in writing test cases, cross browser testing using Element locators, WebDriver methods, TestNG Annotations and Java programming using Eclipse.
- Expertise in problem solving and Tracking Bug Reports using Bug tracking Tool like Atlassian JIRA
- Worked with V-Model, Agile and Waterfall Methodologies
- Involved in organizing different meetings, namely Test Plan Review Meeting, Test Data Requirement Meeting & Test Case Review Meeting
- Experience working in Windows and UNIX Environment
- Strong ability to manage project tasks with changing priorities and tight deadlines
- Identified GUI elements and perfect with different Selenium locators like ID, Link Text, Name, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS to create the scripts of Automation.
- Skilled in using Selenium APIs such as Take Screenshot for Capturing Failed test cases and reporting them through Bug tracking tools.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites for regression and functional Testing using the Test NG annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider.
- Worked on Selenium Grid for running the Automation Test script on Different Platforms and Browsers.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and TestNG to run parallel testing by creating Groups and categorizing test cases
- Experienced in Back-End Testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing SQL queries.
- Experience with Cross-Browser and Compatibility Testing to test whether the web applications are working as desired in different browsers and environments.
- Good Interpersonal, Reporting, Technical, Trouble shooting and Communication skills.
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web driver, Selenium Grid, TESTNG, QTP/UFT, HP ALM
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Languages: SQL, Java, VB Script, C, C++,C#, Oracle, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000/ Server2003/98/NT/95, UNIX, Linux, Solaris
Networking: TCP/IP, HTTP, FTP, SFTP
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, Bugzilla, Quality Center, Clear Quest
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Safari, Opera.
Methodologies: SDLC, STLC, Waterfall, Scrum, Bug life Cycle
MS Office Tools: Outlook, MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Access, Sharepoint, TFS
Utilities: Eclipse, FireBug, FirePath
Confidential, Louisville, KY
- Involved in all test phases - Smoke, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance and Regression testing.
- Coordinated with offshore team and guided them with application functionality and technically when faced with issues
- Involved in preparing the test strategy, test procedures, test scenario, test cases and data.
- Responsible for GUI and Functional testing using Black box testing techniques
- Involved in automation environment setup using Eclipse, Java, C#, Selenium WebDriver JARS and TestNG Annotations .
- Involved in generating user readable reports using TestNG Annotations for different test cases.
- Used the Firebug to inspect the XPath of the web elements and Eclipse IDE for Java C#,development.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing
- Used SVN, Java,C# and Selenium Grid to create nightly automation scripts.
- Analyzed Use Case Scenarios and developed Test Cases for various Business Services/ Methods covering both positive and negative testing requirements.
- Automating End to End scenarios and maintaining the existing scripts executing Selenium Test Cases and Reporting Defects
- Attended weekly Project Status Meeting with Development team and QA Manager, and worked closely with QA Manager to define Test Scope, and analysis of Gap, Risks, Dependencies, and Constraints
- Performed Parallel and Cross Browser Testing using TestNG on different browsers like Internet Explorer, Chrome, Safari and Firefox where multiple tests were run at the same time.
- Developed Back-end Testing using complex queries to retrieve the user information to cross validate in UI and databases.
Confidential, Lexington, KY
- Worked in a scrum/agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Was involved in Sprint planning, Review Sessions, Scrum meetings.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Java, Selenium Web Driver, TestNG.
- Validated all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Developed test scripts to identify the web Elements through locators using Firebug and Fire Path Firefox plugins.
- Developed Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports.
- Executed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing.
- Took the Application Screenshots and copied the images whenever exceptions occurred.
- Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations using various tools like Selenium, TestNG and XPath.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid.
- Used XPath to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Tested request and response XML’s based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Performed Multi browser testing to check application can work and used Selenium Grid by configuring the hub and node.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discusses enhancement and modification request issues and defects in the application
Environment: Java, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, CSS, HTML, SOAP UI, TestNG, TOAD, SQL
- Analyzed User stories, Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and System Requirements and participated in Sprint Planning, Review Sessions and Scrum Meetings.
- Designed Data Driven framework for reading the data from excel sheets using TestNG data provider.
- Worked with utilities like Firebug and Fire path for the identification of web elements using locators such as id, name, Xpath, CSS Selectors, Link Text, Partial Link Text and Tags.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using Java/TestNG/XML/SQL based test frameworks.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Worked on Selenium Grid for automation script in Java for cross platform testing.
- Performed cross-browser Testing on various browsers like IE, Chrome and Firefox and ensured compatibility on different browsers using Java, TestNG.
- Prepared project metrics and summary reports, defect tracking reports to report the entire status to the product owners and the stakeholders serving as a point of contact.
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created to define the test environment, phases of Testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of Testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Analyzed test results, tracked the defects and generated reports using JIRA .
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote MYSQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Java, JIRA, TestNG, Oracle, Eclipse, Firebug, Firepath, TFS
- Analyzed System Requirement Document (SRD), Functional Requirement Document and Business Requirement Document.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, and Detailed Test Cases based on the Use Case Documents, Business Requirements, and Functional Specifications
- Involved in White Box testing and Black Box testing .
- Developed automation scripts in Quick Test Professional .
- Enhanced QTP Scripts using different Checkpoints , Parameterization , Regular expressions, Environmental variables, User defined functions, User messages, Warnings and used Recovery scenarios for Error handling
- Used Actions in Quick Test Professional to parameterize specific components of a test. Used reusable Actions to streamline and modularize the scripts
- Performed Integration , Regression , UAT and Functional testing.
- Extensively used Functional testing, Performance testing , and Regression testing
- Ensured all test plans, test cases, and documentation were traceable to original requirements.
- Manually performed back-end testing on Oracle database by writing SQL queries
- Prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases
- Responsible for updating and maintaining JIRA for all the defects found during functional and regression testing and follow up the bug life cycle
- Organized weekly Project Status and Task Review meetings
- Interacted with Business Analysts for the constant upgrade of the Functional Requirements.
Environment: QTP, JIRA, UNIX, Windows, Oracle, TOAD, VBScript, SQL, EXCEL, TFS
- Worked with the Quality Analyst in reviewing and analyzing the Business Requirement documents and specifications
- Prepared Test Strategy, Test Plans and Test Cases scenarios as per system requirements and executed as and when needed
- Documented the test results and reported the status to the QA Lead
- Used Mercury Quality Centre (MQC) (defects management tool) for defects/bugs tracking and testing
- Used Quality Center to prepare Test Cases and Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) as per the business requirements
- Performed automated testing using Quick Test Professional for regression testing
- Developed detailed Test Scripts for System and UAT Testing
- Performed Manual Testing to check the performance of the application using valid and invalid data
- Interacted with the development and testing team for continuous flow of the testing process
Environment: QTP, Quality Center 9.0, IE, MS Excel, Word, MS Access, Windows XP