- Over 8 years of experience in the IT industry in Quality Assurance using Web based and Client/Server applications with strong business understanding
- Worked on various open source tools such as Selenium WebDriver, SeleniumRC, Selenium Grid, Selenium IDE, TestNG, Cucumber, JAVA, Maven, JUnit, Web Applications, SoapUI, JIRA, SQL.
- Strong expertise in Agile with SCRUM lifecycles and worked in various domains such as Healthcare, Finance, Banking and Insurance.
- Expertise in Defect Management/ Problem Solving including tracking bugs, reporting using Rally, JIRA, Quality Center/ ALM and Bugzilla.
- Expertise in using different Navigation Commands and managing web - based popups using Alerts.
- Executed automation scripts on different browsers/environments by executing tests in parallel through Selenium Grid, for cloud testing used Sauce Labs and reported defects/results to the team.
- Possess the expert level of understanding of WSDL, WADL, XSD, Schema, DTD, and XML documents for Web Services Testing using SoapUI.
- Proficient in developing Keyword Driven and Data Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files using ApachePOI and SQL Databases.
- Proven ability in developing BDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions, features in Gherkin.
- Good knowledge of API testing to ensure functionality, reliability, performance, and security of API’s.
- Comfortable with using Headless browsers to test applications with no GUI through command line interface.
- Utilized SQL and PL/SQL for test setup and data validation on Access, Oracle, SQL Server, and Sybase databases also handled the tasks of designing and managing SQL Queries, Stored Procedure's and cursors and performed Database testing.
- Designed and used Automation Test Frameworks (Hybrid and Data Driven) and involved in the development of Singleton Design Pattern from scratch.
- Provider annotation for parameterization to implement Data Driven Testing in WebDriver.
- Inculcated Apache POI API with Selenium WebDriver to read and write data from Microsoft Office Suite.
- Delivered thorough QA testing reports that determined product quality and release readiness using TestNG and JUnit reporting.
- Produced Quality Center and Excel metrics/reports from scheduled execution test run.
- Facilitated and participated in test plan reviews, code reviews, and design reviews.
- Worked closely during requirements gathering phase with business and development departments to adequately define the testing scope for projects.
- Interpreted and converted manual test cases into automation smoke and regression suites.
- Maintained the Selenium JAVA automation code and resources in source controls like CVS, SVN, GIT over the time for improvements and new features and resolved conflicts while merging source code to trunk or with other branches in the same.
- Proficient knowledge in various types of software Testing such as Usability Testing (UT), Smoke Testing, Sanity Testing, Positive and Negative Testing, Data Driven Testing, Regression Testing, Unit Testing, black box testing, white box testing and Integrated Testing.
- Proficient in Defect analysis, performing Verification using walkthroughs, reviews, inspections also, performed Validation activities using smoke, regression, functional, systems and UAT testing.
- Experienced in preparing the Software Test Plan which includes, analyzing requirements during the requirements analysis phase of projects using HP ALM also, wrote System Test Procedures and conducted lab dry runs to maintain their accuracy per the latest software release.
- Reviewed and transformed business and user story requirement documentation and created wireframes for stakeholder approval.
- Collaborated with product managers and a development team to identify and resolve issues, coordinate system requirements, and create project timelines in Triage meeting.
- Ensure content and structure of all Testing documents / artifacts are maintained. Track and report upon testing activities, including testing results, test case coverage, required resources, defects discovered and their status, performance baselines, etc.
- Extensive experience in automation of Web-based, Highly transactional and large Client/Server/Multi-tier applications.
- Experienced in all the stages of the SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) and VLC (Validation Life Cycle).
Operating System: Windows 95/98/2k/XP/7/8/10, Macintosh, LINUX Ubuntu
Development Methodology: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Automation Tools/APIs: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Grid, Cucumber, ApachePOI
Artifacts: Test Plan, Test Case, RTM, Test Summary Report, Bug report, User Stories, Backlogs
Bug Management Tools: Bugzilla, Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, Rally
Database/Database tools: Oracle 9i/ 10g, SQL Server 2000/2008/2012 R2, MySQL
Frameworks: Keyword Driven, Data Driven, Hybrid Testing Framework, Page Object Model, TestNG, Protractor.
Continuous Integration: Jenkins, GIT, SVN
Test Management: Quality Center, IBM s Rational Quest
Defect Management: JIRA, Rally,Bugzilla, HP Quality Center/ALM
Web Service Tool: SoapUI, HTTP client 4.4Programming Languages: C/ C++, J2EE, J2SE, Swift, XML, XSLT, JSON, CSS, HTML, XPath
Microsoft Suite: MS Office, MS Access, MS PowerPoint, MS Excel, MS Word, MS Visio
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
Tools: Visual Studio 2008/12/13/15, Eclipse, Dreamweaver, Microsoft Project
Confidential, Irving, TX
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed design documents & business requirements to learn the function and scope of the application.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in scrum and sprint meetings.
- Performed synchronization using conditional synchronization i.e., implicitly and fluent waits to ensure that test case components in Selenium work parallel with each other.
- Triggered events from value changes in Selenium using fire Events.
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing using Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers, Safari using Selenium Grid.
- Created test reports generated out of TestNG and created the error screenshots.
- Executes test cases related to mouse over using Actions class and find hidden elements using XPath, frames and windows classes.
- Used locators like XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Analyzed and Validated test results to ensure existing functionality and recommend corrective action where necessary using Selenium WebDriver asserts.
- Used Actions class to handle keyboard and mouse actions and dealt with multiple windows and iFrames.
- Tested flash apps using Flex Monk with Selenium IDE by connecting them and recording the tests.
- Interacted with developers, business analysts and discussed technical problems and reported bugs.
- Performed Data Driven test using test data from Excel files using ApachePOI and also created different checkpoints.
- Worked on BDD Cucumber/gherkin format for Test Scenarios Using Acceptance Test Criteria.
- Designed, developed and implemented Robot Framework based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java , TestNG, and Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Page Object Model automation framework using PageFactory with Selenium WebDriver, Java, and Cucumber for BDD scenarios.
- Performed Data drove testing Selenium WebDriver' using TestNG functions and JDBC, which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Converted XML result to nicely formatted JSON response and added an assertion to validate the content of the response for RESTFUL web-services in SoapUI.
- Tested applications in UNIX environment using HTMLUnit Driver to ensure faster performance.
- Involved in designing scenarios in JMeter to perform Load and Stress tests and to analyze results.
- Designed, coded and executed automated tests using TestNG and generated tests using Log4j in various output target.
- Implemented Page Objects framework, Hybrid framework and 21 Page classes from scratch to represent web pages.
- Extensively automated regression and functional test suites by developing over 237 test cases, 6 test suites using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Worked with Multiple Object Repositories using GIT.
- Developed test related documents including Test Plans, Test Procedures, Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Involved in preparing monthly QA metrics and Weekly status reports.
- Implemented Java collections for the country name drop down in the application.
- Assisted Manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports.
- Coordinated development-to-production phase of product development including reliability stress activities, burn-in board development, burn-in software program releases including pattern translation, characterization, and yield analysis.
Confidential, Boston, MA
QA Automation Tester
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer Functionality, Change Process, Configuration Data Requirements, Legacy Data Requirements, and Access Permissions Requirements.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver , TestNG and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting and used Maven for building the WebDriver project.
- Involved in running Selenium automation scripts and updating the scripts according to enhanced requirements using Selenium WebDriver and Python.
- Used various Selenium Locators like ID, name, Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath, CSS for identifying correct GUI elements in creating automation scripts, validates various test scripts using Assert and Verify commands.
- Well acquainted with Selenium Synchronization Techniques like Implicit, Explicit, Fluent Waits in the WebDriver.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium WebDriver and executed a batch of tests as TestNG suite.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver , SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins .
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environment as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium and Jenkins.
- Created XML based test suit and integrated with Jenkins Server to execute automation scripts on a regular basis by scheduling Jenkins jobs in different test environments with different test configurations.
- Performed build acceptance testing and smoke testing using Cucumber automation tool.
- Involved in validating Sanity, functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SOAP UI.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Experience in setting up continuous integration system using AWS and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Protractor
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI to create and execute automated functional, regression, compliance, and load tests.
- Used LoadRunner Analyzer to prepared detailed Load Test Analysis Report with Graphs and the application bottlenecks from the scripts execution.
- Involved in executing SQL queries and PL/SQL procedures, functions and packages for backend testing.
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used ClearCase, Subversion for code repositories and Maven for the dependencies.
- Working closely with the Developers in the review and modification of the product and its specifications using Agile-testing methodology.
Confidential, Melville, NY
- Developed automated tests in Cucumber, Java and Selenium WebDriver. Used Firebug and FirePath to identify web elements. Used Git as version control to check in code. Worked with Master and Feature Branches in Git. Used Jenkins to run JUnit/Cucumber Automated tests. Automated Rest API tests in Cucumber/Selenium framework. Experience in setting upstream and downstream Jenkins jobs.
- Tested Soap API web services using Soap UI tool.
- Create and maintain test script in TestNG framework using java with selenium WebDriver for regression test.
- Tested different components on DVS system which includes Set Top Box management, Regional Provisioning Services, Operations and Administration Management and Single Sign-on Services. Tested Control Suite Management which integrates with DVS system.
- Bug Tracking and Reporting through JIRA.
- Developed sanity and automation regression tests.
- Performed back end testing to test data flow to the web application by writing and executing SQL queries. Participated in Agile Scrum meeting on daily basis.
- Manage individual sprints user stories and tasks using Rally as the tracking tool. Used Bugzilla as Defect tracking tool. Utilizes AdminStudio - Flexera to maintain the Software Manager database and report file and registry conflicts. Using Selenium has done Business Process Testing.
- Communicate clearly and effectively with end users and team members. Utilize Desktop Application Database (DAD) to report application information and status. Participated in the Walkthrough and Review Meetings with Business and Functional Leads for understanding and analyzing various Business rules for Service Purchase Module.
- Attended daily status update meetings with all the other team members. Extensively involved in developing test cases using the Design and Requirement document and mapping with the Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Participated in the peer Reviewing and Modifying Test Case Documents based on the Enhancement and change request.
- Performed smoke, sanity, functional, regression and End to End testing. Prepare test data for positive and negative test scenarios as per application specifications requirements. Performed cross browser testing to check the compatibility of the application over cloud using Sauce Labs.
- Performed (UAT) User Acceptance testing exclusively in an agile environment.
- Performed web services testing using SoapUI tool. Used Jenkins continuous integration server to run automated test suites. Logged and reported the defects to the developers using Issue Tracker for the bug fixing and tracking.
- Participated in the Issue Resolve Meeting to discuss the defect by their business severity.
- Performed Backend testing using SQL queries to validate the data integration
- Created scenarios for change request and defect request and effectively coordinated with the development team.
- Created reports on the daily testing process and participated in the Weekly Status Meeting.
Environment: Java, SVN, Jenkins, Selenium WebDriver, SoapUI, TestNG, Maven, Eclipse, SQL Server, Rally, and Bugzilla.
- Analysed business requirements, system requirements, and data mapping requirement specifications interacting with client, developers and QA team.
- Script Preparation & Execution within the Selenium Data Driven framework using JAVA & Junit.
- Used ANT to build & run the selenium automation framework.
- Implemented test automation for handling Popups windows and Alerts using WebDriver and Alert interface class.
- Used FireBug, FirePath to debug, edit and locate the objects based on ID, Name, XPath, CssSelector, Link, Partial Link, Attributes and Tags.
- UsedFirepath and Firebug Firefox plug-in for identifying all the web elements using locators.
- Maintaining the Selenium and Java automation code and resources in the SVN source control.
- Wrote Selenium script for taking screenshots and implemented Action class to perform mouse movement.
- Performed regression testing and automation of testing processes.
- Involved in testing the database and data validation using SQL Queries.
- Worked with developer to reproduce the bugs and to resolve usability issues during UAT.
- Wrote and executed SQL queries against the database to manipulate data to assist in testing.
- Responsible for preparing test plans and test designs, developing test cases, test procedures, and test scenarios
- Run tests by using Selenium remote control in different browsers.
- Performed GUI, functional and end to end testing of windows (Client- Server) based tools.
- Reviewed existing documentation on the testing application and communicate issues with other teams (development, networking, DBA, etc.)
- Created and executed the smoke tests in the pre-production and "go live" environment.
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven page object model (POM).
- Involved in validating functional, Integration and Regression test suites using Selenium, Cucumber and the request and response of the Web Services (SOA) through SOAPUI .
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies and test environments.
- Performed agile testing, reviewed the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting.
- Used Maven, Selenium Grid to execute Selenium automation suites on different platform, browser combinations in parallel.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using JIRA API.
- Reviewed test plan based on Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM ) and defect tracking using Quality Center
- Prepared Test Plans to automatically test using Keyword driven approach with keywords like table Lookup, is Element Exists, verifyText, verifyCount, etc
- Extensively performed Database testing using Selenium. Generated Production DB reports using SQL queries.
- Created test cases from release notes, executing test cases, analysed test results, identified issues, defects & bugs and reported it to and worked with the developers and project manager and finally retested through JIRA and HP QC / ALM.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Interacted with Business Analysts and software developers for bug reviews and participated in QA meetings
- Increased productivity by initiating automation testing methodology using Silk Test.
- Provided test summary documentation and analysed test results, identified trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Worked effectively with Developers, agile Team, Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
Environment: Windows Server, Quality Centre, SQL Server, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium IDE, Robot Framework, JIRA.