- 16+ years working in in Software Testing / Software Quality Assurance including 10 +years as QA Lead.
- Certified—Scrum Master and Scaled Agile Practitioner.
- Managed an agile team and the team of up to 20 testers, providing day to day planning, guidance and coached and lead Onshore and Offshore Manual and Automated QA teams.
- Manage sprint planning, estimations, daily scrum calls, monitored and tracked defects, establish communication plans, and perform application demos, retrospective meetings and process improvements.
- Deliver efficient testing solutions by meeting key project milestones and overall project deliverables on time and quality standards using Agile/Scrum and Kanban methodology.
- Possess good knowledge of the SDLC life cycle and good experience working in onsite - offshore model.
- Excellent Knowledge on Test Planning, Test Case Preparation, Test Execution (Manual and Automation), Defect Management
- Excellent technical, communication, problem solving, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Self-motivated, easily adaptable and willing to take on challenges, excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Extremely familiar with the outsourcing-to-vendors business paradigms and the related processes, especially the Onsite-Offshore model.
- Test estimations, resource planning, risk analysis, determine skills, training, deliverables, schedules, plans, procedures; trained QA testers on tools and process by providing priority, technique and planning direction.
- Project management experience (Planning, Scoping, Estimation, Approach design, Metrics capturing )
- Worked with automation tools like Silk Test, Selenium WebDriver and basic working knowledge of Robot Framework.
- Responsible for Test Closure Activities and providing the Test Closure Document to the stakeholders.
- Review User Stories, functional, design specs and identify test conditions, ambiguities, dependencies, risks.
- Write, review, approve, execute and manage test strategy, test plans, test cases/scripts, test plans, test data, test reports; manage test environment and test process.
- Worked with Confidential in Home Equity projects to ensure state and Federal regulatory compliance as it pertains to Home Equity Loans are met. Working in both the company’s Loan Origination System and Loan Servicing System.
Tracking Tools: Jira, Rational Team Concert, Rally, HP Quality Center (9.2, 9.5, 10.0), HP ALM 11.0, TFS.
Automation Tools: Silk Test, Selenium WebDriver, Basic knowledge of Robot Framework, HP QTP, Rational Robot.
Diagramming Software: MS Visio, Flowcharts, Mind mapping
MS Office Products: MS Excel (Advanced Reporting with Macros), MS Access, MS Word, MS PowerPoint, MS Outlook
QA Process: Lean, Six Sigma, CMMI
Version control: Visual SourceSafe, Star Team, Git
Management Apps: MS Project, MS Excel (macros), MS Word, PowerPoint
Testing methodologies: AGILE and Waterfall
Databases: Microsoft SQL/Server, Oracle Database, MySQL
Confidential, Rochester, NYLead UAT\QA
- Acting as Liaison between Business team and testing team.
- Participation in System Test planning review
- Collected defect metrics and performed causal analysis.
- Preparation of quality documents (Risk Management Plan, Test approach, Test Plan, Test case Estimations, Risks and Issue Log, Weekly Status Reports, Knowledge base).
- Strict adherence to Quality management Process (QMP).
- Carrying out quality processes like Reviews, Final QA before delivery.
Confidential , Irvine, CA
- Organized, scheduled, and lead meetings for all UAT projects for Hybrid, Rich Client and Native App
- Performed the detailed analysis of the requirements for designing of the UAT test cases and any ambiguities in the requirements/documents were resolved with the BA and SMEs.
- Created Test Plans for each UAT project, utilizing business requirement approach documents.
- Communicated to the status of each assigned aspects of quality control testing by providing weekly Test Status reports to QA management and Project management. • Communicated Project status to all business stakeholders and management.
- Coordinated with the release manager to keep abreast with the various activities in the test environment
- Performed the execution of the test cases and tested the application features like My Bill, Plan, Features, Profile, Support and Usage Info
- Fully involved in Defect Triage meetings and involved in production releases
Confidential, Bethlehem, Pennsylvania
- Secured timely testing and delivery of proposal systems in Individual Life BU for Confidential .
- Supervised twice weekly build and release wise screen and relationship check validations on proposal applications involving running regression tests using the WELIS tool.
- Report reasons for deviations; Provide periodic update on the metrics to the client via Daily Status Reports/Weekly Status Reports/Monthly Status Reports Defect Prevention/ Leakage Retrospection- Conduct root cause analysis of the defects.
- Coordinate with the stakeholders to make go-no go decision based on test results and test closure summary report; scheduled and conducted retrospection meetings with the stake holders; Document the lessons learnt(for the next testing phase/projects)
- Conducted goal setting, performance appraisals and mentoring/ coaching for my team members, Identified training needs of team members
Confidential, Hartford, Connecticut
- Prepared ROMs and capacity planning for Agile projects. Tracked the tasks in Rally.
- Actively involved in Scrum and sprint meetings, managed product backlog, removed obstacles to progress, re-allocated resources where necessary, prioritized and reviewed milestones and accomplishments.
- Monitored the daily tasks delivered by offshore Test Design, Test Data Preparation, Requirement Traceability Matrix, Execution Daily Test Results Report, Collect metric data, tracking Project schedule and conducting reviews of test deliverables.
- Manage sprint planning, estimations, daily scrum calls, monitoring and tracking defects, establish communication plans, perform application demos, retrospective meetings and process improvements.
- Collaborate with other Scrum teams and the validation team to ensure knowledge transfer and understanding across teams and when performing defect triage.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Successfully managed multiple projects and also created different tools for automating different processes in project execution.
- As a Test Lead coordinated with the project team both: onsite and offshore, conducted release status meeting to review a daily status of different projects at HUB level. Sent a daily status to the HUB Leader for all the projects in that release.
- Understanding the Business Requirements for the system under test analyzing and raising Queries/Ambiguities for the requirements through Rational Team Concert.
- Estimating using planning poker for Agile projects.
- Coordinated with the automated the execution process by creating a tool using Excel Macro and QTP script to integrate with mainframes application and Confidential .com to create a contract which reduced a lot of manual effort.
- Worked as an Acceptance tester and responsible for analyzing and understanding the device validation requirements for Handset devices - Hybrid, Rich Client & Native App and Simulator using Perfecto Mobile.
- Managed a team of 20 which tests design, data preparation, and execution and develops requirements traceability matrix for diverse array of projects. Review business requirements for tested systems.
- Help agile teams implemented test plans according to development project requirements.
- Ensured on-time and proper testing to discover and fix bugs or issues and comply with federal regulations including The Dodd - Frank Wall Street Reform and Consumer Protection Act for the client. Served as Senior Systems Analyst for Central Application Hub Project, Senior Associate on small modification bank home equity application projects
- Coordinated the Regulatory Compliance Validation of Mortgage and Home Equity line of business.
QA Automation Lead
- Involved in Silk Test Automation which included:
- Identifying Test Cases for Automation,Test Estimation,
- Designing automation test cases utilizing existing automation framework and creating new framework when needed.
- Creating Reusable and maintainable scripts
- Creating Utility Functions. Involved in Interacting with the client on a regular basis through telecom and e-mails and maintaining and managing the Defect Tracking, Analysis and Reporting for the project coordinating and managing the team of 10.
- Created proof-of-concept by automating myAccount web application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Page Objects, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, frameworks using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit, TestNG.
QA Automation Module Lead
- Module lead for Lacerte Tax Protax (Professional Tax) automation of forms tab module and designed test cases for E-organizer module, a client server application.
- Automating D2K application using Silk Test involving object mapping .
QA Automation Tester
- Supervised tests for Schneider National, Inc. Schneider National Acceptance Process (SNAP). Assisted with regression testing and SilkTest automation. Identified automation test cases, estimates, design, and automation framework. Wrote scripts and created utility functions.
- Earned Star Performer Award and Dickens Crunch Award for versatility for testing varied projects and delivering successfully (2005 & 2007)
- Involved in Regression Test execution using Silk Test Automation.
- Interact with Onsite team and customer to obtain the technical details of new releases/builds of AMS (Ngen Application).
- Coordinating with the development team to design the application as per requirements and involved in authoring Test cases and Complete testing of the application and preparing Test Reports on System testing performed for each builds. Her roles included Defect Analysis, Reporting and Tracking as well.
Systems Analyst / Tester
- Involved in Interaction with Client to gather Requirements and prepare Test Strategy and process documents.
- Involved in Documentation at various stages of SDLC include Systems Requirement Specification, Test Plan, Test Cases, Defect reports.
- Technical writing using Robo Help.
- Coordinating with the development team to design the application as per requirements and involved in documenting Test cases and Complete testing of the application and preparing Test Reports on System testing performed for each builds.
- Involved in Interaction with Client to gather Requirements and preparation of Test Strategy and process documents.