- I wish to take up challenges to improve my knowledge for development of self and organization, and to achieve a challenging position in the field of IT.
- As a QA Tester committed to adding value to the end - product through detailed quality assurance testing. Specialize in applying a sound knowledge of various technologies to ensure optimal quality. In depth knowledge of SDLC and its various aspects like functionality, performance and integration. Expert in test scripts development and coordinating with development team to fix bugs.
- Around 5 years of QA Experience with extensive expertise in automation and manual testing as well as deep understanding of methodologies and approaches.
- Extensive working experience in testing the applications developed on java.
- Experience in writing and maintaining Test plan, Test scenarios, Test cases and developing Test scripts using HP Quality Center tool
- Experience in logging and tracking issues/defects using defect tracking tools Quality Center, HP ALM, Jira
- Experience in Software development life cycles like Agile Methodology model and Waterfall model
- Experience in Functionality testing, Black box Testing, GUI, Web services testing, Back-end testing and Regression testing.
- Well versed with all the stages of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Extensively tested Web Services using SOAPUI and REST API
- Extensive experience of usage on ALM, JIRA, Quality Center, MTM ( Microsoft Test Manager) and extensively used as Test Management Tools.
- Experienced using Web-debugging tool like Fire Path and Firebug for finding elements locator.
- Worked on TFS 2010 and Involved in Customization of Work Items, Transition Matrix in TFS.
- Developed and Maintained automated test scripts in Java
- Expertise in automating test cases with QTP using VB scripts.
- Extensively used SOAPUI to validate SOAP/WSDL and web services.
- Experience in working with open source tools Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), JUnit, Eclipse, and preparation of automation test framework.
- Experience in executing UNIX Commands for finding error log files.
- Experience in writing SQL queries to extract data from various tables to perform database testing
- Involved in preparation of Test Data
- Expertise in Black Box testing techniques like Boundary Value Analysis and Equivalence Class partitioning
- Represented various meetings for QA with various levels of management in Organization.
- Experience in writing Application Training documents, Traceability Matrix, Test Summary Reports
- Strongly self-motivated and willing to assume responsibilities, combined with great leadership and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work with very minimal supervision, and cope with the dynamic changes of the project
- Strong analytical and communication skills and capable of working efficiently under stress and tight deadlines
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE/RC/Grid/WebDriver, QTP, JMeter, Load Runner, Mercury-Quality Center, Junit, Cucumber, Jbehave, SOAP UI
Languages: C, C++, C#.NET, Java, SQL, PL/SQL
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP
Packages: MS-Office Suite (Word, Excel, Access), MS-Project, MS-Visual Studio, Eclipse
Database: Oracle11g, MySQL, SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012, MS Access
Operating Systems: Windows 98,2000, XP, Windows7, Windows8, Vista, Linux and Unix
Defect Tracking tools: Quality Center, JIRA, ALM, MTM, Version One
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, RAD Model and Test-Driven
Servers : WebLogic, WebSphere, JBoss 4/5, Apache, Tomcat
- As a Software Test Engineer, Prepared Test Scenarios and Test Cases based on the Functional document received.
- Analyzed Business Requirements created testing strategies, testing plans and prepared detailed test cases for the Application under Test (AUT).
- Created and implemented Test Plan and Test Strategy Document outlining the scope, objectives, timeline and focus of software testing effort for functional, regression, user acceptance and stress testing.
- Done testing for API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Validated web services using Groovy Scripts in SOAP UI.
- Produced and integrated the REST API and MySQL databases unassisted
- Extensively used Selenium (XPath and CSS locators) to test the web application.
- Tested major functionalities based on customer requirements.
- Testing Web Services, RPCs, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using SOAP UI.
- Validated SOAP UI and Restful API services .
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- Prepared test data, reviewing and executing the test cases.
- Tracked defects using bug tracking tool.
- Interacted with developers to understand the system better and to resolve issues.
- Closely worked with scrum master and attended daily SCRUM meetings (AGILE methodology) to give daily testing status and discuss about the roadblocks if any
- Tracked status of all defects logged for each module on the daily basis and updating the team lead through emails and status trackers. Involved in preparing defect status reports.
- Involved in regression testing.
Confidential- Richmond, VA
- Performed requirement feasibility analysis and identified test scenarios/test objectives
- Involved in gathering business requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers, and business.
- Contributed to the preparation of the defect management, communication and Test scope sections of the test plan.
- Involved in comprehensive testing of the web-based Business-to-business logistics application which is a fulfillment order management system.
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Identified end-to-end test cases, regression suites and system test cases.
- Involved in Test data identification and gathering
- Documented test cases and performed peer reviews on the team mate’s work.
- Responsible for Smoke and Sanity test.
- Creating Step definition, Runner class to run the Cucumber integrated selenium scripts.
- Developed Test cases, test scenarios, performed planned and exploratory testing in TFS/MTM.
- Perform Mobile test using different mobile testing devices and different platform like IOS, Android and mobile web.
- Web testing, Mobile testing, database testing, GUI testing, integration testing, production support, functionality and Regression testing were performed as a part of different quality activities such as bug tracking and control.
- Building scenarios, status codes, error handling and failure reasons for all the modules (cos rewards, servicing calls, helper classes in ruby.
- Performed elaborate functional testing for Admin module along with exploratory testing of the entire site. Also, worked on test case maintenance when necessary.
- Performed browser compatibility testing on browsers Chrome 2.0 and Mozilla Firefox 5.0 & 6.0 versions
- JIRA was used for issue tracking in case of environmental issues
- HP ALM/Bugzilla was used for test management and defect management
- Created a Traceability Matrix to ensure 100% test coverage
- Prepared and sent daily reports - test execution report and bug report
- Collection of metrics - test execution and defect metrics.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins, Data Driven and Key Word Driven Frameworks, Selenium Grid, SOAP UI, HTML5, XML, JIRA (Agile Management Tool).
Confidential, Erie PA
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Expertise on Mobile App automation testing Using APPIUM.
- Worked on mobile testing for iOS and android devices for native application and hybrid application
- Involved in designing and implementing of hybrid automation framework to be used with Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated test cases using Page Object Model on Coded UI Framework of TFS using Selenium/C# and MTM.
- Performed Data driven testing Selenium WebDriver using TestNG functions and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Developed Test cases manually and generated Automation Scripts using open source tools like Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, SOAP UI, Maven and Jenkins.
- Created Test plan, High level scenarios, test case construction and test estimates, resource estimates and weekly status reports.
- Wrote Maven build scripts to automate the compilation and execution of TestNG test cases/suites.
- Logging and tracking defects on a release basis using JIRA.
- Writing and executing script for regression and functional testing using QTP.
- SQL queries for database validation.
- Defects were tracked and prioritized using Quality Center and analyzed the variation between expected result and actual result.
- Maintaining Banking environments to mitigate customer downtime, sustain equipment longevity and performance, and achieve compliance with NCR expectations .
- Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
Environment: Windows 8, Web application, Selenium Grid/Webdriver, SOAP UI, HTML5, XML, Java Script, UNIX, Jira, AppDynamics, Junit, Soap UI, Sprint Driven Development, Cucumber, XPath, CSS, Firebug, ClearCase, SQL, Oracle.
- Evaluated the data quality of Confidential maps before going into production and worked closely with Engineers, Product Managers and Operations team to address high priority issues.
- Extracted and analyzed proprietary geodata using SQL queries, Pivot tables, vlookups, and visualized the data using charts and dashboards.
- Performed quality audits for new maps stages as they are rolled out to global team and provided constructive feedback to different client teams.
- Provided feedback to engineering, operations and product teams on key data trends, tools functionality and policies.
- Responsible for bug triaging, interpreting customer feedback to continually improve end user experience and creating process documentation.
- Resolve company data issues raised by business users.
- Provide improvement recommendations to MDM tools and business rules, working closely with the company master data services, sales operations and finance teams.
- Communicate with frontline business users and consumers of the company data to assist in optimizing data quality.
- Maintain documentation for all use cases.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Windows 7, SSMS, Microsoft Visio, SQL, HP ALM
- Actively involved in requirements definition meetings with design team.
- Participated in design walkthroughs and prototyping and implemented the suggested changes.
- Actively participated in System testing, Integration testing and coordinated UAT
- Created Test Automation Scripts for Regression and Functional tests
- Tested Third party integration with Siebel products and created technical documents
- Performed testing the scripts for Bill creation process
- Generated the execution results and sent it across to the team, by way of gathering and analyzing the Test Metrics for the purpose of reporting.
- Prepared detailed Test cases by understanding the business logic and user requirements
- Validated tests by crosschecking data in backend on Oracle using SQL Queries
- Coordinated with Business Analysts, System Analysts & Developers for defect analysis
- Performed manual testing over multiple releases
- Co-coordinated the Defect Management Process during Test execution using Quality Center
- Involved in Backend testing.
- Played a role to help establish automation in the QA team for various projects where automation is viable.
- Used Test manager for managing all Testing activities and for reporting.
- Responsible for creating Defects in Quality Center and track and close the defects after fixes
- Created test data for validating payment and quote/order modules.
- Involved in participating and organizing JAD sessions with the business users to fix the anomalies in the mapping process and participated in Gap Analysis to identify data anomalies to determine the cause and identify options for the removal of the data anomalies.
- Created, Verified and managed the First Responders list, and IT call list.
- Tested the application during system testing, integration testing and user acceptance testing.
- Developed the Business Requirements Document for the reports that was to be used by the development team and later by the testing team
- Worked closely with the project Manager in planning, coordination and implementing methodology.
Environment: HP Quality center, Jenkins, Java, MySQL, DBI interface, SVN, TOAD, Selenium Grid, Selenium Web driver etc.
- Designed a ground communication for aerospace vehicle.
- This communication helped the vehicle to communicate with the remote system that monitored the activities and checked the health of the aerospace vehicle.
- Primarily used C++ to develop the code.
- Created many small applications during the course one of which is, implementing Conway's Game of Life using test driven development in java.
- Uncovered Agile Software Design principles, practices and design patterns.
- The project intends to provide security to the messages transferred between the mobile devices within the smart home.
- The messages are encrypted and various encryption algorithms are used to provide security.
- Improve quality of service for the Open Flow network dynamically.
- Application is triggered automatically when congestion occurs and improves the quality of the service.
- Created a program that senses humidity using Lab View application.
- Monitored the temperature using the program.
Environment: Windows, VxWorks, QNX, OpenVMS, OpenFlow virtual network, Lab View application