- Over 8 Years of professional Information Technology experience as a SDET \ QA Automation Engineer \ Test Engineer specializing in Enterprise - Wide and Web applications. Experience in different domains like Finance, Healthcare, Banking client server and web-based applications.
- Well versed with Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Defect life Cycle methodologies, test processes and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) aspects such as developing Test Scenarios, Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Coverage, and Test Summary Reports.
- Extensive experience in Application Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression and End to End User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Extensive experience in working with agile methodology projects and worked closely with Scrum Masters, Product Owners (PO) and provided feedback on User stories and worked on the Tools like Rally and Jira to follow the process
- Good Experience in creating testing tasks in Agile Projects and attended Sprint planning, Scrum Calls, Sprint review meetings.
- Proven experience in creating, maintaining and executing automated test scripts using Selenium IDE, Web driver and Selenium Grid on cross browsers (IE, Firefox, Safari, Chrome)
- Experience in designing, developing and maintaining Test Automation Frameworks like Data Driven, keyword Driven, Hybrid and BDD/ATDD.
- Experience in creating page objects by using Page Object Model (POM), developing reusable library functions in java which were used across multiple projects.
- Experience in Using Spying tools like Firebug for Firefox, developer tools in IE, Chrome and locating web elements using id, XPath, CSS etc.
- Experience in building the Scenarios, Features, Step definitions by using the Cucumber API’s along with Selenium Webdriver to develop BDD framework.
- Experience in build tools like Maven and adding dependencies and maintaining POM XML file.
- Worked on the Configuration/version management tools like Subversion(SVN) and worked on the continuous integration tools like Jenkins by scheduling the Jobs with the help of configuration management team
- Experience in Using the Test management and defect tracking tools like HP Quality center, Application life Cycle Management(ALM), Rally, Jira
- Extensively worked on creating the Test Summary Reports, Requirements Traceability Matrix (RTM), Defect reports.
- Tested the API’s as well as validated the data returned through web services responses using Assertions such as Valid HTTP Status Codes, Script Assertions, Contains, Xpath, XQuery.
- Expertise in Mobile Application testing using Appium.
- Experience working on Android and IOS platforms using Appium tool on real/ virtual devices
- Worked on Database/Backend testing and validated the data by writing SQL Queries and experience in using querying tools like SQL developer on Oracle and SQL Server Databases
- Solid understanding and working experience on Service Oriented Architecture(SOA) and tested SOAP and Restful Web Services by using tools like SOAPUI and validated the response XML file
- Capable of working independently or as part of a QA/Project team, as required by the project. Able to effectively and cooperatively interface with all levels of management and staff.
- Possess problem-solving skills, ability to follow industry standards and procedures. Quickly master new concepts and applications. Strong communication and Interpersonal skills.
Selenium: Selenium IDE, Selenium WebDriver, Selenium Grid, Eclipse, Appium, JUNIT, TestNG, JXL, Apache POI, Cucumber, Log4j, Maven, SVN, Jenkins
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server
Automation Frameworks: BDD/TDD, Hybrid, Keyword Driven
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM/QC, Rally, Jira
Web Services & Tools: SOAP, REST, SOAPUI/READY API, Rest Assured
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows 2000/NT/XP
QA Automation Developer- SDET
- Involved in all stages of testing life cycle, Test Driven Development methodologies, Software Development Life cycle (SDLC) using Agile methodology.
- Expertise in Smoke testing, black-box testing, white-box, Integration testing, Database testing, regression testing and GUI software testing.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior and step definitions & developed required Selenium support code in Java for Cucumber.
- Involved in Scratch implementation of BDD frame work, moved entire framework from hybrid to BDD by using POM, and creating Feature files, Step definitions, and Runner class. Using reports analyzed step by step fail and pass criteria.
- Worked on Selenium GUI Object / element verification is done through XPath, CSS Locators.
- Used to identify object locators and creating X-path using Fire-bug and had Good knowledge of Page factory and POM in selenium, Worked with Log4J, apache POI Library, J-unit.
- Automated Web Services using Rest Assured using Java in eclipse.
- Designed and developed tests for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Involved in conducting tests on Web services transactions like automatic bill payment, wire transfers, sent over HTTP or HTTPS by inspecting every XML request and response using Soap UI.
- Tested web services by generating XML, SOAPUI Requests and validated the corresponding XML, SOAPUI Responses.
- Automated Restful services using Rest Assured API using java by following the TDD/BDD framework model
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud-based code repository system like GitHub.
- Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Worked effectively with Developers, AGILE Team, and Project Management to achieve Selenium automation, high quality, release deadlines and QA processes improvements.
Environment: JIRA, TOAD, Java, ReadyAPI, SoapUI, XML, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, Appium, Java Script, Mobile, REST, SOAP, HTML, Android, Cucumber, Gherkin.
Confidential, New York, NY
Selenium Tester - SDET
- Interacted with Product Owner, Customers and Project team members in analyzing the User stories and acceptance criteria.
- Developed BDD Automation framework using Cucumber and developed Features, Scenarios, Step definitions.
- Developed Hybrid Framework, added global and application level reusable libraries, developed a driver script and created a package for all the Page objects using Page object model.
- Designed, developed, and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed testing on Web Services using WSDL and SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Performed cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to- end Testing.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the dropdown menu using Selenium actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Executed the automation suite of scripts by using continuous integration tools like Jenkins and worked on the Maven build tool and added all the dependencies.
- Developed automation script for Mobile Native applications (IOS, Android) using Appium.
- Used various iPhone and Android support tools like iPhone configuration utility, android debug bridge (ADB) to install builds and extract the logs from different phones
- Performed compatibility testing on different version iOS and android for the mobile application
- Involved in updating and execution of Test Cases according to the requirements.
- Performed testing on the web services API’s using protocols like HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP and WSDL using SoapUI related with various interfaces
- Automated Web services/API’s by using java and HTTP Client
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA and communicated the same with the developers and managers.
- Performed Data Driven testing by getting the data from Excel and used SQL Queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL.
- Attended Bug triage meetings and meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
- Trained the team members in using the framework and help them to write java code while developing the reusable libraries.
- Test levels: Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Interface testing, Security testing, User Acceptance testing and Automation testing.
Environment: JIRA, TOAD, ReadyAPI/SoapUI pro, XML, Selenium, TestNG, Maven, AngularJS Appium, Protractor, Jasmine, Java Script, Perfecto Mobile, iPhone Configuration Utility, XCode, SOAP, HTML, Android, Cucumber, Gherkin.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
Automation Test Engineer
- Involved in preparing Test plans and Test cases based on business requirement documents.
- Involved in Updating Test plan, Writing Test Cases, Executing Test cases. Used Quality Center to write Test cases.
- Developed TestNG framework for the application to automate. Used Jxl. jars to get the data from excel sheets
- Generated reports and analyzed the pass and failed criteria in the test cases.
- Prepared Test plan and Test specifications based on Functional Requirement Specifications and System Design Specifications.
- Developed Test cases based on the technical specifications and business requirements.
- Tested insured vehicles and health records submitted by persons. Closing dates with existed data base by writing the SQL commands.
- Imported client data from the data stage target systems and SAP where house systems to Excel and conducted the data validation, by comparing the existing files in the data base.
- Using all manual test cases wrote Selenium Automation scripts to run in the background through Jenkins.
- Conducted data driven testing using Selenium, and compared the data back end data from the servers i.e. simultaneous translations and Interpreted confidential documents and professional translation services etc.
- Designed Selenium scripts, parameterized them, and validated them to suit the functionality of the application by using Security and Regression Testing.
- Measured the response time at different points in the application.
- Used Quality Center for requirement analysis, scheduling and generating test cases.
- Re-executed the Tests for the corresponding volumes and made sure that the parameters are within the acceptable limits after the fixes are done by the environment support team.
- Prioritized and classified the bugs. Generated and tracked the defects using bug tracking tool.
Environment: Selenium, Quality Center, Java, QTP/UFT, SQL, Oracle, Windows XP/Vista.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging. SADF
- Wrote Automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Designed Hybrid framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
- Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
- Performed Regression Testing as part of every build.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Responsible for writing automated test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts for regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Test Scenarios preparation using QTP.
- Automation Framework implementation for UFT / QTP.
- Independently creating and executing UFT / QTP scripts.
- Involved in pilot project for automation using Selenium IDE/RC.
- Implemented Selenium using TestNG frame work with Java.
Environment: Quality Center, BDD, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), TestNG, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Performance testing.
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Configured application flow, controlling logic and navigation. Designed and developed base classes, framework classes and common re-usable components.
- Involved in re-factoring the existing components to meet the current application requirements. Used various Java and J2EE APIs including JDBC, XML, Servlets, JSP, and JavaBeans, Spring Framework.
- Involved in Performance tuning, debugging issues in testing and deployment phases.
- Implemented RDBMS to add the additional condition for the system to support a tabular structure for the data with enforced relationships between the tables.
- Utilized SQL for querying the database. Coordinated on-site and offshore development teams in various phases of the project.
- Participated in all the phases of SDLC including Requirements Collection, Design & Analysis of the Customer Specifications, Development and Customization of the application.
- Developed high level design documents, use case documents, detailed design documents and Unit Test Plan documents and created Use Cases, Class Diagrams and Sequence Diagrams using UML. Implemented the application using the concrete principles laid down by several Java/J2EE Design patterns.
- Configured Web Application Context as a Context Listener in the web.xml file to Integrating Spring with JSF.
- Implemented ORM in the persistence layer using Hibernate frame work in conjunction with Spring Aspect Oriented Programming (AOP) functionality.
- Involved in unit, Smoke and functional testing
Environment: Java, J2EE, JSP, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, JDBC, SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Windows, Bugzilla