- Over 5 years of experience as a Quality Assurance Analyst across the Finance, Insurance and Retail domains.
- Extensive knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) including Waterfall Methodology and Agile Scrum Methodology.
- Strong Knowledge and hands - on Experience in various phases of Testing Life Cycle including Analysis of Requirements, Designing Test Plans and Creation of Test Cases, Execution of Test Cases, logging defects and Test Defect Reports.
- Participated in creating Test plan, Test scenarios, Test cases and Test review documents.
- Thorough hands on experience with all levels of testing including Smoke Testing, Functional testing, Integration testing, System testing, Regression testing, and participated in UAT.
- Experienced in Manual and Automation testing using testing tools like Selenium.
- Good experience of backend testing by executing SQL queries for Oracle and MS SQL.
- Proficient in using Defect Management and defect tracking tools Like HP Quality Center and JIRA.
- Experience working with applications on UNIX and Windows.
- Participated in project related meetings with other teams and within team.
- Closely coordinated with business analyst to develop UAT test scenarios, test cases and test data.
- Trouble shooting skills and ability adapt quickly to new environment and technologies.
Confidential, San Francisco
- Participated in full SDLC cycle from inception to deployment with regards to different type of testing.
- Developed test plans and test cases within an agile methodology after analyzing BRD and FRD.
- Performed testing of software web applications including Smoke testing, Functional, Integration, Regression testing, System testing
- Worked closely with the business analyst to perform UAT for providing test scenarios and test data.
- Wrote several SQL queries to validate the data integrity in the application.
- Performed Backend database verification manually.
- Generated Requirement Traceability matrix to ensure proper coverage of testing in ALM.
- Used ALM (Quality Center) to create and follow up on defects in different builds.
- Coordination with the QA manager and team in generating the status report and test matrix.
- Analyzed the application and decided which components to be manually tested, and which have to be automated using Selenium web driver.
- Worked closely with the end user, business analyst and the technical team to ensure best practices in testing methodologies.
- Documented the defects and using defect management tool HP Quality Center (ALM).
- Interacting with the developers and business team to discuss major defects found during testing and enhancements testing.
Environment: ALM (Quality Center 11.0), SQL, Linux, Eclipse, Jenkins.
- Analyzed Business Requirements and Developed Test Plans, Test Cases and generated Test Scripts for Both Positive and Negative Testing
- Performed code walkthrough and Quality reviews of software application.
- Extensively used Quality Center for Test planning, Test execution, defect tracking and Reporting.
- Set the traceability between test requirements and test cases through coverage.
- Worked on SQL Tools like TOAD and SQL Server Management Studio to run the SQL
- Validated the data flow from Source to Target tables by verifying the mappings and transformations in ETL tool.
- Written SQL queries to validate data against the Business Object Reports.
- Developed bug report after manual testing, bugs encountered during testing and sent to developer by taking snapshot of it.
- Performed Data Driven Testing to test the application with different sets of data from the test database.
- Performed backend database testing by writing SQL and PL SQL scripts to verify data integrity
- Prepared test data for automation of regression test cases.
- Reported the bugs using JIRA.
- Working with the business and development teams in resolving issues.
- Prepared weekly summary sheet to give the status of assigned task in weekly project team.
Environment: Power connect (Repository Manger), Designer, Business Objects Xi R2 6.5, Teradata V2R6, JIRA, Oracle 8i, Win 2000.
Confidential, Mount Laurel, NJ
- Involved in gathering functional requirements that are involved in order to fulfill specific requirements for the website in different platforms.
- Analyzed business requirement documents and functional requirement documents and identified Business critical feature functionalities.
- Participated in Sprint planning and grooming session to discuss about the story requirements. Project is implemented in agile methodology.
- Testing of mobile app on different operating systems like Android and iOS.
- Involved in functional testing with using virtual devices like emulator.
- Used Eclipse to have integrated development environment.
- Used engineering skills to improve processes and automate QA tasks using Java.
- Identified defects and reported them via Quality Center (ALM).
- Created traceability matrix using Quality Center(ALM)
- Used Maven to create taste suite and creating technical and managerial reports.
- Verifying the Web Services that support the Apps..
Environment: Appium, Eclipse, Java, SQL, Server 2005, Oracle, Windows, UNIX, Test Track Pro, Maven, Java, Python, Jira, Load Runner, Appium, Windows, iOS, Android.