Competent and highly motivated Information Technology Professional with over thirteen years of Federal Government contracting experience in quality assurance, project management, security and project analysis involving complex projects, applications, websites, and applications; committed to extraordinary quality team support; securing confident business relationships with clients and colleagues to exceed end user expectations.
AREAS OF EXPERTISE:
- Quality Audits of websites, applications, documents and processes
- Procedure Development and Refinement
- Project Analysis - Critical Problem Analysis/Resolution
- Staff Training - Technical and non-technical personnel
- Liaise with Senior Management, Technical Teams and Clients
- Software/Application Testing - manual and automated
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Coordinate with the Web Portfolio Project Manager and Lead Developer to develop and implement quality assurance plans for content, functionality, and design of various federal websites for United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
- Periodically administer web audits to maintain content for accuracy, mobile access, accessibility compliance; reporting discrepancies within Axosoft for web team review. Perform technical reviews on documentation and other associated work products - formatting, content, document flow, grammar and spelling.
- Provide logistical, knowledge management and communications support for clients events, conferences and trainings - in-person and online. Lead training sessions with key clients on the quality assurance evaluation process; building client relationships to assess their quality needs and implement a strategy for improvement.
- Administer manual testing audits across mobile platforms (Android and iOS) and web browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Opera, Edge, Explorer) to assess the current state of the websites; review current web strategies and identify opportunities for improvement.
Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Annapolis, MD
- Actively participating in daily scrum meetings with the development, support and implementation teams leading discussions on quality assurance evaluations, project timelines, schedules and potential issues.
- Collaborate with the development, support, and training teams; leading artifact audits by gathering, examining and documenting to ensure compliance with project management and system development life cycle (SLDC) policies and procedures. Also document discrepancies found during the audit, testing and product evaluation process.
- Conduct various application audits to ensure compliance with the Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPPA) are met; provide objective advice to the stakeholders at the completion of the audit to address non-compliance; present recommendations for overall improvement of the applications and processes that will maximize performance as well as eliminate potential issues.
- Identify quality issues within the main applications and escalate to management prior to production release to ensure quality protocols were measured and followed.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst/ Project Analyst/IT Security Analyst
Confidential, McLean, VA
- Senior Quality Analyst manually testing the new Original Equipment Manufacturers (OEM) and Engineering Change Proposals ( Confidential ) sprints; participated in daily scrum meetings; m onitored and improved testing processes involved in the Agile development environment; provided leadership and work guidance to less experienced personnel.
- Lead Quality Analyst responsible for performing manual quality analysis across three federal projects Department of Justice ( Confidential ), National Archives and Records Administration (NARA) and Health and Human Services (HHS) to ensure compliance with Section 508 technical accessibility standard. Recommended solutions to meet accessibility compliance; evaluated system guidelines to enhance testing methodologies within the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC); communicated with developers, functional testers, security analysts, trainers, and user support on the content and context of the business requirements to establish the technical vision.
- Edited and analyzed content of Confidential - Victim Notification System (VNS) Help Guide containing over 20+ different modules and over 150+ different pages using Adobe Robohelp v8; authored, edited and contributed content to the company’s internal and external websites, blogs, newsletters, whitepapers, revision of security policy compliance documentation and other written communication that supports various projects and as requested by senior management within MS SharePoint.
- Conducted Federal Information Security Management Act (FISMA) and Federal Information Security Controls Audit Manual ( Confidential ) audits under the leadership of the Information System Security Officer (ISSO) to ensure compliance of Systems Security of various government systems Confidential and Environmental Protection Agency ( Confidential ); periodic on-site network vulnerability scanning and maintaining standards, controls, and procedures; provided Certification and Accreditation (C&A) support, including information security risk analysis, vulnerability assessments, policy and regulatory compliance review for government systems and applications.
- Member of the Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI) Audit Team which conducted Standard CMMI Appraisal Method for Process Improvement (SCAMPI) C, B appraisals; performed readiness reviews, attended appraisal team trainings, evaluated each of the process areas, goals and practices using interviews, artifact reviews and demonstrations - referencing the CMMI-DEV Handbook v1.3; also provided project management support conducting monthly documentation evaluations of over 9 different projects to ensure compliance and accuracy as instructed by the PMO Manager.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst
Confidential, Alexandria, VA
- Represented the Quality Control Testing Center’s multi-disciplinary quality assurance team at the Securities and Exchange Commission (SEC), performing a suite of functional testing specializing in Section 508 Accessibility Testing and Usability evaluations.
- Lead Usability Analyst responsible for overseeing 3 testers during usability evaluation phase; trained, mentored on usability testing and guidelines to ensure that defects are communicated clearly and are technically sound. Authored and co-authored over 250+ software testing documents including system test plans, system test cards, defect reports and meeting minutes with MS Office Suite for official submission to the SEC through MS SharePoint.
- Performed third party system testing to ensure that the compiled software components of the applications are Section 508 compliant, as well as performance criteria and functional specifications on COTS software and MS SharePoint applications.
- Conducted automated and manual Section 508 Compliance Testing and Evaluation using WinScreamer, JAWS, Watchfire Bobby in accordance with Section 508 and Accessibility Standards for Custom-developed in house development applications, MS SharePoint developed applications and Commercial off-the-shelf (COTS) software subject to Section 508 law; evaluated functional test requirements and design documents to ensure the application is prepared for deployment to meet or exceed technical business requirements.
- Assisted project teams with understanding tools and resources available to assist with development and testing applications for Section 508 compliance; understanding of government regulations, policies and procedures, in particular, those relating to accessibility and Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794(d)); trained and mentored over 50+ Staff members on Section 508 standards, and the use of Section 508 testing tools.
- Responsible for documenting and tracking defects identified during testing into Serena TeamTrack to ensure quality control and adherence to specified testing requirements; reviewed software documentation reporting to the Project Manager/Team Leads about inconsistencies use to ensure technical accuracy, compliance and completeness or to mitigate risks.
- Collaborated with the Project Development Teams to identify the business objectives, testing scope, system overview and design of the application to develop the appropriate test plans. Verify features and functionalities; prepared, presented formal, informal oral/written reports and briefings on the testing progress and preliminary testing results for projects teams.
- Coordinated with the Contracting Officer’s Technical Representative (COTR), Quality Control Manager and other SEC Government Officials to establish appropriate risk reduction, recommend solutions, and meet the technical and business requirements of the project.
- Assisted the network teams with agency wide migration from Windows XP to Windows 7; responsible for logging and tracking all agency and contractor software into MS SharePoint during migration.
Senior Quality Assurance Analyst/Project Analyst
Confidential, Arlington, VA
- Lead Analyst oversaw a Quality Assurance Team of 2 Analyst; responsible for training and development to ensure their analytical skills meet the company’s requirements.
- Coordinated with the Senior Vice President and Project Director on planning, development, management, budgeting, acquisition and implementation of programs for technical manuals and equipment publications related to the web development contracts.
- Evaluated the technical and procedural requirements to validate the business needs of The Office of Healthy Homes Lead Hazard Control web development project; performing a variety of writing, editing and research duties in connection with the preparation of technical manuals and publications using MS Office Suite tools.
- Developed material for Confidential of Housing and Urban Development (HUD) website (internet and intranet) - editing and proofing material to be posted to the website in a timely manner using Dreamweaver and Adobe Photoshop.
- Assisted the web development team with the design and development of the Federal Housing Administration ( Confidential ) web site; verified that the site met technical requirements and was compliant with federal web regulations.
- Administered quality assurance evaluations to establish Section 508 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 (29 U.S.C. 794(d)) compliance and HUD web standards to assist web content technicians with identifying and troubleshooting web site related issues while developing solutions in HTML.
- Collaborated with the Quality Management Officer on continuous Process Improvement Initiatives based on the CMMI model; developed the Quality Assurance Procedures and Practices modules to improve the quality of work and in corporate processes into daily workflows.
- Engaged in the quarterly website certification processes; participated independently and in a task group to conduct special studies or projects on aspects of contract analysis.
- Composed daily and weekly narrative statistical reports; compiled regular updates written and verbally to the Project Director as well as HUD Government Officials. Generated daily, weekly and monthly quality statistics for the teams.