- 9+ years of diversified experience in testing web based, client/server and mobile applications
- Vast Experience in Banking, Insurance, Airlines, Retail, Point of Sale (POS) and Healthcare (HIPPA standards) domains.
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automation testing using QTP / UFT, selenium, Rational Clear Quest, Rational ReqfPro , Quality Center/ALM and other automation testing tools
- Expert in creation of VB Scripting Functions, VB Scripting Library File, VB Scripting Code repositories
- Expertise in developing Test plans, Test strategies, Test data, Test cases, Traceability Matrices
- Well versed with QTP automation scripting (VB Scripting), QTP Database connectivity (VBS) and AOM
- Proficient in Automation Testing with (QTP, Selenium and SOAP UI)
- Well versed in preparation of automation frameworks, Automation strategies, framework redesigning.
- Vast experience in the Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) Software Development methodologies.
- Expertise working with User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Interacting with Business users
- Specialized working with Agile project implementations(Daily scrum, Sprint planning, Agile Sprint Review and agile Sprint retrospective meetings)
- Well versed with Healthcare, Medicaid and Medicare, HIPPA standards, and Healthcare benefits administration.
- Well versed with mobile testing (Android, iOS, Black Berry mobile platforms )
- Expertized in leading the testing teams working across globe( onsite - offshore ), Upstream, Downstream Systems, third party vendor teams and in onsite/offshore models
- Well versed in creation of Descriptive programming(QTP)and Re-usable VB scripting components(VBS)
- Expertise in leading QA teams both manual and Automation with varying sizes
- Expert level knowledge in VB Scripting, Descriptive programming, VB Scripting Error handling
- Experienced working with Application Servers, Database servers and Mainframes systems( AS/400)
- Ability to create Data Driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid automation frameworks using( QTP and Selenium)
- Well versed with ETL Testing, Data warehousing technologies and Business Intelligence reporting tools
- Ability to determine time-frames, testing cycles, and meeting deadlines on a repeatable basis.
- Well versed with selenium web driver, Junit, testNG, Cucumber, Jenkins and selenium automation frameworks
- Demonstrated experience in QA practices, mentoring and guiding new resources on QA process.
- Expertized working with Mobile websites, mobile apps across the platforms( android, iOS and others)
- Experience in conducting Automation trainings (Knowledge Transfer) to new QA hires
- Experience working with TFS, MTM, ALM/QC, Clear Quest, Rational ReqPro, Rally, and versionOne Tools
- Experienced in working with product owners, Line of Business management, Business Analysts, Development Groups in analyzing Business Specifications.
Automation Tools: Quick Test professional (QTP)/UFT, Selenium, Test complete
Test Management Tools: Quality Center (HP QC)/ALM, TFS/MTM, RFT
Operating Systems: DOS, Windows 95/98/2000/NT/XP/2007/Windows 8, UNIX (IBM, HP & SUN), Linux.
Languages: C, C++, SQL, PL/SQL, c#, Java,VBA, Shell script, VB .net, ASP.net, python and PERL
RDBMS: Oracle7i/8i, 9i/10g, MS Access, DB2, ETL Tools,SQL Server 2005/2008/2008 R2
Web Technologies: Java Script, VB Script, ASP, JSP, Netscape, Internet Explorer
Web Services: WSDL, UDDI, XML, HTML, Groovy Scripting, JSON, SOAP, SOAP UI and RESTful Web Services
Servers: IBM Web Sphere, Apache tomcat, IIS, MTS, AS/400, Web logic.
Defect Management Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Jira
Selenium Suit: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium web driver, Junit, TestNG, Selenium Grid
IDE tools: Borland C++, VC++, Visual Studio, eclipse
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- d Test scenarios and Test Plan, Test cases in accordance with the Business Requirements Documents, Functional Requirements Specification documents and use case documents and User stories and Product owners Inputs.
- Created VB scripting objects to handle all types objects with parameters
- Involved in defect triage meetings, daily status calls, review meetings, process improvement discussions.
- Involved in the test estimations, scope determination and scope sizing
- Involved in the enhancement for existing function libraries and added new code to handle dynamic application issues.
- Involved in the creation of VB scripting code to handle framework issues, Error handling.
- Involved in End to End test of whole application, created SQL joins and SQL Queries and executed those queries to validate database records
- Involved in the creation of function libraries, VB scripting generic functions to be suitable for Keyword driven framework
- Involved in leading a QA team, coordinated with team and escalated issues to management.
- Involved in the Agile Sprint planning, Agile sprint retrospective and brainstorming sessions
- Prepared VB scripting functions for generic as well as specific user actions to be suitable for keyword driven framework
- Worked with UNIX/LINUX environments to validate End to end application transaction work flow.
- Implemented SOA Automation using Soap UI (Web Services Testing) for insurance claims web services requests and evaluated XML responses.
- Used Quality Center (HP QC / ALM) to develop test cases, and executed them in test lab.
- Converted manual Test cases into automation scripts using Quick Test Professional(QTP)/UFT
- Involved in End to End Validation of retail (e-commerce) and Point of sale functionalities.
- Involved in the creation of VB Scripting Library files, VB scripting reusable components
- Created complex SQL queries and SQL joins to validate transaction records saved in multiple tables
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from database tables.
- Performed Regression testing on each new build and logged uncovered and new defects in HP Quality Center(ALM)
- Performed data integrity/back end testing by executing SQL statements.
Confidential, NYC, NY
Sr.QA Analyst / Lead (Automation)Responsibilities:
- Analyzed business and system requirements, reviewed project requirements specifications to create and execute detailed test plans, Test cases and Test scenarios
- Worked closely with Production Managers, Technical Managers and Business Managers in planning, scheduling, developing, and executing Testing deliverables
- Lead the QA team and coordinated with team in producing QA deliverables
- Involved in the preparation of VB Scripting functions to deal with recovery scenarios and dynamic pop ups.
- Involved in User accepting testing (UAT) Test case creation and UAT Test cases execution.
- Evaluated Health care insurance claims, Insurance payments and providers functionalities
- Involved in the creation of Test plans, Test strategies and QA processes as per the business objectives.
- Involved in the creation of test cases related to mobile apps and mobile web portals
- Involved in the coordinating with off-shore teams and updating status to management at regular intervals.
- Involved in the preparation of Proof of Concept (POC) for hybrid framework implementation.
- Involved in the mobile compatibility testing on various Android and iOS mobile operating system versions.
- Worked on mobile physical device, mobile emulators and mobile cloud based platforms
- Involved in the UAT Test plan creation and worked closely with Business users.
- Involved in Agile scrum meetings and agile sprint review meetings with product owners.
- As a team lead, managed group of QA Analysts and interacted with Development team, Functional Team leads and end users.
- Involved in the automation analysis and created automation test plans.
- Involved in End to End Validation of Health insurance workflow specifications
- Created mobile automation scripts using perfecto mobile and UFT integration
- Assigned work to the Team members and monitored them during Test planning phase, Test execution phase.
- Involved in the creation of Initialization script, Driver scripts as part of Hybrid framework implementation.
- Worked with various mobile testing platforms (android, iOS, Black Berry etc.)
- Involved in the creation of VB scripting code to handle recovery scenarios
- Involved in the creation of Test cases and reviewed them using agile implementation platform rally.
- Responsible for conducting the Gap analysis and building requirements traceability matrix
- Involved in complete QA Life Cycle and worked with all key stakeholders(BA’s, Dev and Database teams
- Analyzed user stories thoroughly and acted upon accordingly to end users and stakeholders expectations
- Executed mobile test cases on mobile cloud based platforms( Device anywhere, perfecto mobile)
- Involved in Business and Functional Specification review meetings, Design walkthroughs and Test Plan reviews.
- Involved in writing and executing system test plans and test cases. The test cases were developed after reviewing the business requirements document, and technical specifications document.
- Involved in working with Android virtual device manager and simulated many mobile environments.
- Involved in the creation VB scripting Function libraries (QTP), Custom QTP functions, and QTP generic functions.
- Involved in creation of QTP recovery scenarios, regular expression, QTP File system objects(FSO) and QTP automation object model(AOM)
- Involved in the preparation of Test data, Recovery scenario scripts, test logs and miscellaneous VB scripts
- Allocating resources to the changes to be tested and cross-training them to get over all knowledge of the project.
- Involved in Data driven and Hybrid approaches using QTP to convert manual test cases into automation
- Creating and reviewing Test strategy documents.
- Created VB scripting functions to connect to data base, get the data from DB and compare it with expected values.
- Involved in the automation Hierarchy, folder structure creation suitable for Hybrid framework
- Involved in the VB scripting Code reviews for function libraries and application mapping functions
- Conducted functional, integration, regression testing.
- Analyzed, documented and maintained test results and test logs.
- Involved in the preparation VB scripting functions suitable for Error handling and Dynamic issues.
- Involved in the Identification of Automation Testing scope and percentage of coverage.
- Involved in working with automated Database testing through QTP and validated database records.
- Created Test scripts and Test Data for Health Insurance, Healthcare and claims processing
- Test case management and defect tracking was done using Quality Center
- Reported the testing activity status to the Project Manager and Stake holders.
- Participated in the testing process through test review and analysis, test witnessing.
Environment: QTP/UFT, Quality Center/ALM, Java, Agile, XML, Narrator, Dragon Naturally Speak, Android, iOS, UNIX, SQL, VB Script, Text to Speech, ZoomText, Device anywhere, perfecto mobile, Android Virtual Device manager, HTML, Oracle, SQL Server 2008.
Confidential,Salt Lake City, UT
Sr. QA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Worked with project stakeholders (PM, DEV&DB and BA) to create Test Strategy/Test Plan document.
- Created VB Scripting function libraries, VB Scripting generic functions to automate test scripts using QTP
- Involved in the creation of test data to evaluate retail transactions and retail gift cards
- Tested Web service requests and responses. Worked with SAOP/WSDL protocols.
- Wrote and Analyzed SQL Scripts using SQL to conduct data base testing.
- Involved in the creation and optimization(Enhancement)of automation Test scripts(QTP VB Scripts)
- Wrote complex queries with multiple tables using joins and PL/SQL programs to pull the data from database and to insert into database as part of Database and End to End Testing
- Involved in the Business reports validation (ETL Built data warehouses and Reporting tools)
- Involved in the creation of Retail billing, Retail payments and Retail inventory integration functionalities.
- Worked on Order Management, Testing the Order Management system, creating a customer, verifying the XML, database and also the Order verifications and offer verifications.
- Involved in facilitating functional, User acceptance Testing (UAT), regression, end to end testing.
- Created and reviewed test scripts and test scenarios from functional specification documents
- Extensively worked on UAT environments and worked with Business Users
- Responsible for reporting the defects in Quality center when we identify any issues during test execution
Environment: Quality Center, Selenium, ETL,Informatica,SQL Server2005, SQL, TOAD, Junit, Selenium Web driver SharePoint, QTP, Oracle, J2EE, EJB, SOAP, Solaris, Putty, VISIO, Security Portal, Business Portal, OOB service, DDOS, MS Office.
Sr. QA AnalystResponsibilities:
- Analyzed System Specification and developed Test plan, Test scripts and Regression Test plan
- Responsible for complete End-to-End/User Acceptance testing (UAT) activities.
- Involved in analyzing System Requirement specifications, Design, Development and Execution of Test cases for Manual and automated testing.
- Involved in the framework conceptualization, Added more and more VB script code blocks to make automation framework robust.
- Used QTP to develop automation test scripts for system’s core functionality and GUI’s of the application.
- Attending Sprint planning sessions, User story grooming sessions and Retrospective meetings in a rapid and affective agile atmosphere.
- Created VB scripting library functions, Application mapping function and Specific VB scripting functions to utilize existing VB scripting framework code.
- Involved in testing Web services(SOAP and REST) and XML with tool called 'SOAP UI' for the local WSDL / with URL and created Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Involved in ADA Testing, Accessibility and Usability aspects of application
- Involved in automation framework analysis, framework design, framework planning phases
- Developing Test cases in Quality Center and executed the test cases in Test Lab module of QC/ALM.
- Involved in Automation Frame work design and Generated manual test cases and QTP
- Tested Web services (SOAP and REST) using SOAP UI & HP Service Test and applications complete business flow.
- Analysis of application requirements and entering of requirements into HP QC/ALM.
- Executing the existing QTP scripts and analyzing the results.
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) and JIRA for reserving, executing test cases, defect tracking, and the complete test management.
- Performed Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and SQL database.
- Actively involved in production support and performed post-production verification after every release.
Environment: Quality center/ALM, QTP, Agile environment, Unix, Restful and SOAP, Windows 7, VBScript, Java, Oracle, TOAD, SQL/PL SQL, XML, MS Visio
Confidential, Des Moines, IA
Senior QA specialistResponsibilities:
- Derived Testable requirements by analyzing Business and Functional documents for various features of retail banking services.
- Created test specification by reviewing business and technical documentation.
- Tested the application in various phases of the application development like Integration testing, Functional Testing, User Acceptance testing and Regression Testing.
- Worked with accessibility tools like narrator, Text to Speech, Dragon Naturally Speak and other Accessibility tools.
- Documented and executed test cases and test scenarios for all phases of testing including Integration, Business process testing, Regression and System testing using Quality center
- Worked extensively on SQL in validating data.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract data from the Tables.
- Involved in the creation of SQL Scripts and queries to get the data and to compare both sides of ETL systems( Source and Destination databases and Data warehousing systems)
- Responsible for Backend testing and executing SQL queries
- Performed compatibility, GUI & Regression testing of web-based applications.
- Involved in usability, accessibility (501 testing) and worked with accessibility tools.
- Maintained and modified object repositories for the objects recorded through QTP
- Retrieved data from Database by writing SQL queries to check the correctness of data and to verify the retrieved results
- Prepared test summary reports every week to report the status of testing
Environment: Quality center, Agile, QTP, Informatica, HTML, perfecto Mobile, Narrator, Magnifier, Naturally Speak, VB Script, Java, SQL Server
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Senior Test EngineerResponsibilities:
- Involved in mapping requirements to testing scenarios to ensure that all requirements are covered.
- Actively participated in testing phase of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of application.
- Understanding the requirements from the test requirement document.
- Involved in drafting the test plan that included testing objectives, testing phases, scenarios and test environment after a thorough analysis of the business rules.
- Responsible for building test cases.
- Created manual test plans/scripts to be used within Quality Center for the purpose of automation.
- Created and executed manual test cases using Quality Center. Documented the test cases and created the requirement Traceability Matrix to demonstrate the test coverage.
- Involved in Test effort estimation, Metrics preparation and defect prevention.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Closely interacted with software developers in the build stage and users to understand functionality and navigational flow of the application.
- Reviewed Business, Technical requirements, Test Plan to develop Test Cases.
- Performed Database Testing by writing SQL Queries.
- Responsible for executing the test cases and test scripts, documented defects in Quality Center and reported it to development team.
Environment: HP Quality Center, Agile, Java, EDI, HP QTP, SQL, Windows, UNIX, Excel, Oracle, DB2, MS SQL Server 2008.
Senior Test EngineerResponsibilities:
- Interacted with the business analysts to understand user requirements and gather input for creating the test plan for testing the module functionality.
- Created Test Scenarios, Test Cases and Test Data required for testing
- Involved in the execution of the manual test cases, analysis of the test results and maintenance of Test metrics.
- Involved in creation of User acceptance Test Cases (UAT) and executed UAT test cases.
- Viewed and edited test trees using the Tree View, an icon-based representation or the Expert View that Quick Test Pro automatically generates.
- Performed data base testing, compatibility testing and End to End Testing.
- Coordinated Backend testing using SQL.
Environment: Waterfall, Quality Center, QTP, Windows, VB Script, Excel, Oracle, Java, HTML, MS Office.