- Diligent and result oriented software tester with +5 years of experience in both Manual and Automation testing seeking opportunities to deploy my skillset corroborated by the strong work ethic harnessed through previous work experience. I make it my personal goal to create the best result for a company and I am constantly striving to learn innovative technologies and look for ways to better myself in this rapidly changing industry.
- More than 5 years’ experience in testing product application under the Client/Server and Web - based applications environment
- Worked in Retail, Travel, E-commerce, E-learning domains.
- Hands on Experience in Automation Testing utilizing tools like Selenium Web driver, Quick Test Professional (QTP). Involved in Data Driven, Key Driven frameworks implementation.
- Proven abilities in Software testing, Test planning, Test case design, Test environment set up, execution and Test log.
- Well versed in preparing/ performing Integration testing, System testing, Functional Testing, Smoke testing, Regression testing, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Excellent knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle utilizing Agile and Water fall methodologies and Software Tracking Life Cycle (STLC).
- Experience in working Defect reporting and Defect Tracking tool like Jira Agile.
- Performed Back-End Testing for data validation, manipulation, and verification on various databases like Oracle, My SQL. Experience in creating SQL queries.
- Possess a proficient level of understanding of WSDL, XML documents for Web Service Testing using SoapUI tool. Worked on Testing Payment Web Application which uses Restful Web services, XML, DOM, JSON and AJAX features.
- Experience in writing Test Case covering both positive/ negative scenarios.
- Experience in reviewing product backlog BRS, FRS, SRS document and prepare checklist.
- Self-motivated, team player, have ensured execution of tasks across multiple customers and exceptional ability to quickly master new concepts, new skills based on project requirements .
Business Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, V-model
Operating System: MS Windows, Mac, Unix/Linux
Tools: JIRA, Selenium Web driver, TestNG, Maven, HP ALM, UFT, SoapUI, REST, SQL Server, JMeter, POSTMAN, REST Webservices, MS ACCESS, MS Office, MS Visio, Jenkins.
Framework Environment: Eclipse, JDK, TestNG, Junit, TDD, BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven, Cucumber.
Software Test Engineer/Analyst
- Developed Test plan, Automated Test cases on E-commerce, E-learning website based on BRD and design documents.
- Performed Automation testing of web application using Java programming in Selenium Web driver interface.
- Worked on POS self-checkout / POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment.
- Tested distinct functions of the POS system like scanning, payments and returns. Moreover, make sure that the system met the requirements and expectations.
- Performed Manual, Functional, performance, GUI, and multi browser testing for ORANGE Human Resource Management Software.
- Participated in all phases of Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC).
- Written SQL statement for Backend testing to validate data between GUI and database.
- Performed Functional Testing to identify the various critical point of the software using automated Web driver to validate UI, component such as Pop-ups, Browser navigations, Window handle, Drag and Drop, Radio Button, Multiple CheckBox, Frames, Mouse Movements.
- Main functionality testing includes enhanced feature for better user experience validate link to promotional content in microsites for marketing, online course. Link to social media such as Facebook, Twitter, and subscribing to RSS- feed etc.
- Tested E-learning sites application both manually and as well as Automation.
- Used JIRA to create and execute the Automated test cases, store result and metrics and critically analyzed, documented, and maintained the test results and test logs.
- Involved in End- To -End and User Acceptance Testing.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Helped answer questions for the end- user and provided with assistance, attention, and support whenever possible to help ensure that we deliver quality service to our clients.
- Conducted external and internal reviews as wells as formal walkthroughs and took part in the status meeting.
- Estimated Quality Assurance (QA) and worked with team lead on release planning.
- Great expertise in testing web services via SOAP, using the open source testing tool SoapUI.
- Testing of Web Services using web services client generated using Apache Axis, SOAP UI, TCP Monitor to track request and response SOAP Messages
- Analyzed the business requirement and involved in the review discussions.
- Participated in the Quality Assurance(QA) activities for various releases in the project.
- Drafted test cases based on Functional specifications and System specifications.
- Involved in Manual Testing of the application for negative and positive scenarios.
- Performed the Regression Testing to make sure that the bug has been fixed and the application was running properly.
- Wrote SQL statements to extract Data and verified the output Data of the reports.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to establish traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Executed smoke tests on each build using QTP/UFT and reported the results to the management.
- Involved in automating test cases using VB scripts and QTP/UFT.
- Involved in Regression and System testing of the application using UFT.
- Installed, configured SOAP UI to test web services using WSDL file given by Development team.
Manual Software Tester
- Analyzed System Requirement Specification (SRS) documents from the testing perspective and provided feedback to Project Manager.
- Developed test plan, test cases. Executed all the test scripts and distributed test results.
- Logged all the DRs (Discrepancy Reports) in Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Performed Data validation and End-to-End testing.
- Participated user acceptance testing and participated in the user training session.
- Collaborated with users to develop new requirements.
- Conducted sprint planning and sprint activities.