- Over 5+ years of experience in IT industry with focus on Quality Assurance and testing applications. In - Depth knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), having thorough understanding of various phases like Requirements, Analysis, Design, Development, Testing and Maintenance. Strong analytical, communication, problem solving, decision making and organization skills and an excellent team player.
- Excellent understanding and experience of working on all the phases of SDLC.
- Experienced working in Agile scrum environment working in cross functional team with knowledge of agile software testing and development lifecycle.
- Expertise in analyzing Business and Functional Requirement/Use Case documents for creating test cases.
- Expertise in developing test cases, automated test scripts, test case status reports and defect status reports.
- Worked extensively on complete Defect management life cycle all the way from executing test cases, identifying defects, logging defects and verification of bug fixes.
- Expertise in Manual testing using HP Mercury Quality Center (QC) and Microsoft Test Manager.
- Developed automation test scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Created automated scenarios, framework using Selenium for regression testing.
- Worked extensively on performing Black Box Testing, System Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Experience in writing and executing SQL queries on databases for backend testing
- Basic understanding of Load Runner.
- Extensive experience of working on both web based and client server applications.
- Extensive experience in Media, Banking, POS (Point of sale) applications.
- Excellent team player with excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic, dedicated, and goal oriented.
Languages: C#, SQL, Java
Databases: MS SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Operating Systems: MS Windows NT/9x/2000/XP/7/10, UNIX (SunOS, Linux)
Requirement/Bug Tracking: Quality Center (QC), Test Manager
Confidential, Irving, TX
Sr. QA Analyst
- Involved in reviewing Business Requirement document (BRD) and Functional Requirement document (FRS), worked with business analyst to understand the objectives and features to design and develop functional test cases.
- Conducted test case review meeting with the project team involving Business Analysts, Developers and the Project Manager, captured the feedback and made updates in the test cases accordingly.
- Executed test cases to check if the expected result matches the actual result and logged defects accordingly, assigned severity, priority and took snapshots as needed.
- Conducted weekly defects status review meetings with the team to make sure bugs are being resolved and made changes to the defect priority as needed.
- Worked closely with the development/testing/Agile teams to help define user acceptance criteria and deliver requirements and test deliverable on time completing all phases of testing.
- Performed regression testing using the automated test scripts.
- Experience testing web service using SOAPUI.
- Parameterized the action for running multiple iterations of the script using unique set of data.
- Performed extensive database testing for validating the integrity and accurateness of data, using SQL queries.
- Worked on performing end to end testing of the complete application from Order entry all the way through billing, invoice generations and providing POD (proof of delivery).
- Involved with the users in performing UAT and getting the application officially signed off.
Environment: MS SQL Server, Windows, C#, MS Office, SharePoint, TFS, Agile
Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
QA Analyst/ Selenium Tester
- Developed the Detail Test Plan and the Test Strategy by analyzing the business requirements.
- Involved in Agile (scrum) methodology to document reality changes in business requirements and design.
- Worked as the Onsite / Offshore coordinator.
- Tracked the progress of the test team through weekly status reports.
- Implemented effective and efficient testing processes, documentation, tools, and testing methodologies.
- Scheduled tasks to run the Batches, which in turn allocates the data.
- Simulated multiple transactions with the bank and monitored the server's integration and the response time.
- Developed test scripts in Selenium Web Driver for automated testing.
- Implemented Data driven frame work while developing the automated test scripts. using Selenium Web Driver.
- To achieve good product in fast track we used Jenkins as the CI tool.
- Documented and communicated test reports using Quality Center Dashboard.
- Functioned as the point-of-contact during the defect tracking process.
- Generated the detailed reports of the Bugs, Pass-Fail report and comparison chart.
- Conducted performance testing of the web application using Load Runner to check the stress of the server.
- Tracked the status of the bugs.
- Time to time communication with the other development team to resolve the issues.
Environment: Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox Quality Center, Java, C#
Confidential, Austin, TX
Sr. QA Analyst
- Analyzed the business requirement document to identify the test scenarios and test cases for functional testing.
- Documented the requirement in the requirement module and generated test cases and description in the test case module of QC.
- Responsible for executing the test cases for Personal Accounts that included both Checking and Saving accounts.
- Created test sets and execute those test cases in the Test lab module of QC to make sure actual result is same as the expected result.
- Performed Smoke testing, Black box Testing, Security Testing, web testing and GUI testing.
- Logged Defects in Defect module of the QC, Assigned priority, Severity and status to the defect.
- Worked Extensively with Business Analyst and Developers to discuss the defects and their fixes.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members, provided written status reports of testing.
- Involved In backend testing, Regression testing, and UAT.
- Involved in maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM).
Environment: Quality Center, SQL Server 2005, Windows XP, MS Office XP, HTML, ASP.NET
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Created Test Plan, with the help of requirement documents (Business, Function) and used it along Test Case and Test Procedure to ensure the quality and reduce the risk of failure.
- Created detailed Test Cases and executed them manually.
- Analyzed multiple test scenarios for POS including tests to verify inventory, transactions, product sales, reports.
- Documented the Test Requirements and Test Plan using Test Director to track the stakeholders request for enhancements and changes. Additionally, created traceability matrix for the requirements.
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments, returns, reports etc. to make sure that the system met Kroger requirements and expectations.
- Logged, assigned severity and tracked bugs using Test director.
- Tested the self-checkout stations were seamlessly integrated with the new POS system.
- Used SQL scripts to verify the integrity of the database particularly while validating the Session Store and Profile Store records.
- Attended periodic meetings with the development team and with the business analysts to provide feedback.
Environment: Java, SQL, Quality Center, MS SQL Server, MS Office, SharePoint