- 7+ Years of experience as a Quality Assurance Engineer in Guidewire Application Testing, Automated Testing, Database Testing, Web - based application testing.
- In depth understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle (BLC).
- Extensive experience in Manual Testing and Automation Testing using QTP 10.0 and UFT 11.2.
- Extensive experience in data validity and Data integrity testing using SQL queries, analyzing the log files .
- Hands on experience in Selenium WebDriver with Java using TestNG framework.
- Experienced Test Analyst in Guidewire PolicyCenter, ClaimCenter .
- Extensive experience in Agile methodology of software development by actively participating in sprint, planning meetings, effort Estimations for Sprints, daily scrums and retrospective feedback sessions.
- Expertise in gathering business requirements and translating them to understandable IT Systems requirements/user stories.
- Expertise in Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Test Life Cycle (STLC) from project definition to post-deployment.
- Hands on experience in effectively utilizing the Test Management/Automation tools - Quality Center/ALM/QT P and defect tracking tools - Clear Quest, Scrum, Jira .
- Extensive work experience on System testing, Regression testing, Functional Testing, Smoke Testing, Black Box Testing, Gray Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing.
- Integrating with manual testing processes to allow a seamless transition from manual testing to automation testing
- Developed and Worked on Data driven, Keyword Driven and Hybrid framework using QTP/UFT.
- Hands on experience in effectively utilizing the Test Management tools such as Quality Center/ALM,
- Defect tracking tool Clear Quest, Scrum, Jira.
- Experience in Mobile testing for both iOS and Android devices.
- Proficient in all aspects of Web Based Application Testing
- Excellent Analytical Skills, exceptional logic and problem solving skills.
- Excellent understanding of insurance end to end flow.
- Maintaining a strategic focus for the project with frequent interaction with the business analyst and the client to ensure a balance between the immediate project needs and the long term goals of the company.
- Ensuring that the right solution is developed and delivered to meet Company’s quality standard, and contract requirements
- Adapted well to changing environments and managed multiple priorities.
- Demonstrated strong responsibility for timely delivery of high-quality products.
Languages: JAVA, VB Script, SQL
Database: SQL Server, MS Excel, MS Access
Automated Testing Tools: QTP, Excel Macro, Selenium IDE, RC, Webdriver
Operating Systems: Windows 7/XP/2000/98/ NT
Defect Tracking & Test Management Tools: JIRA, SCRUM, HP QC, Rational Clear Quest, Microsoft Test Manager, Bugzilla, RTC, Team Foundation Server (TFS), VSTS, Visio, Balsamiq.
Device testing: Blackberry, IPad, IPod, htc Mobile, Samsung galaxy, Samsung Tab.
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
Senior Test Analyst
- Analyzing new requirement with the existing application in the requirement gathering sessions.
- Working on Developing, executing and maintaining Test Planning, Test Strategy, Test case in a CI/CD environment.
- Working with BA and Product owners in understanding the requirement changes.
- Writing SQL Queries to verify the impact of back-end database operation on front-end web/desktop application.
- Provide Test Estimation and Participating in sprint planning in sprint meetings, Co-coordinating with team at on-shore.
- Gap analysis - comparing the business requirements to the solution design and when differences are identified getting clarification from the business BAs and/or Solution Architects.
- Review/Walkthrough requirements documents with development and QA teams to ensure proper handoff.
- Status reporting in standup meetings, daily status tracking for both onshore and offshore.
- Participated in Sprint Planning and Participating in Sprint Review Meetings.
- Reporting Defects, Defect Triage, Tracking Defects, Retesting and closing Defects.
- Helping Off-shore, clarifying Doubts, Reviewing test cases.
- Establish Traceability of requirements through test plans and cases and submit the matrix o the Business when needed
- Working on WebService testing using Soap UI Pro.
Environment: Windows operating systems, SQL, Excel, Excel Macro, VSTS, TFS, Visio, Balsamiq, BOX, SoapUI Pro
Senior Test Analyst / Module Lead
Confidential, San Antonio, Texas
- Gather the data required for reporting, Source to target mapping for Auto Insurance Policy Administration System (PAS).
- Created Test Scenarios, Test Cases, traceability matrix using Jira.
- Wrote SQL queries extensively, queried database and generated test reports. Verifying data extraction, transformation as per requirement and expectation
- With Test Manger created Test Strategy, Test Plan, and Test Scenarios .
- Designed regression test suite to perform regression testing after every release.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Worked on Defect root cause analysis and retesting.
- Attending Requirement specification workshops and defect triage.
- Helped the development team to be in sync with the client requirements and business prospective.
- Helped offshore QA to get better idea of the requirements.
- Analyzed thoroughly the change of requirements from existing Policy Admin System to Auto Insurance Redesign.
- Worked closely with client Business team, sponsors, sales and service team to get ideas for better user experience.
- Using mainframe verified different tables in the database.
- Coordinating with offshore, helping them understand the requirements, answering Queries .
Environment: Windows operating systems, VB Script, SQL, Excel, Excel Macro, RTC, Selenium2 (Web Driver) Java.
Senior Test Analyst (Guidewire)
Confidential, Lincoln, RI
- Experience working with both Personal and Commercial line Auto in Policy Center, Claim Center and Billing Center.
- Played the Key role in development of Business Process Test (BPT) Framework for Policy Center and Claim Center to fetch data directly from ALM, which in turn would be maintained by manual team to aid Automation scripts maintenance.
- Identifying test scenarios from the User stories. Preparing Test Cases and preparing test data for the purpose of validating. Execution of End to End Test cases in Quality Center.
- Defect Logging and Tracking (Using Clear Quest and HP Quality Center/ALM).
- Preparing manual test cases for Business process Flow. Reviewing test cases designed by peers.
- Executing end to end Business process Flow test cases, regression test scripts, integration test in Claim Center and Policy Center.
- Preparing and executing Test Scripts in QTP/UFT. Designing BPT, Identifying and scripting components.
- Replaced fixed values with parameters, to check the functionality of the application with multiple sets of data.
- Work in the agile development with frequently changing requirements and features of the web application.
- Providing automation effort estimations. Maintenance of QTP/ UFT scripts with new requirements. Creating customized QTP/UFT reports.
- Writing SQL Queries to pool test data from the database and designed macros to work in it.
- Performing smoke test for multiple environments after every deployment. Onshore and Offshore Co-Ordination and status update.
- Worked with SharePoint to keep Execution Trackers updated.
- Experience with Continuous Integration.
- Prepared the Regressing tracker and keep it updated after every regression cycle or QC execution.
- Work independently and also guide the team on Automation.
- Attending daily status meetings, reporting daily and weekly status.
Environment: Windows operating systems, Quick Test Professional, HP Quality Center, HP- ALM 11.25, VB Script, SQL, Automation(QTP/UFT ), Excel Macro, Clear Quest, Guidewire Policy Center, Guidewire Claim Center.
System Tester (Database)
- Developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts, and Test Data
- Performing different testing such as System testing, Integration testing, Smoke testing, regression testing at different phases of testing cycle.
- Processing of meta-data as input in XML files format by different formats (i.e. Print Parcel, Content list, CAR, Index).
- Verification of the correct data storage in appropriate location in database in all the steps using SQL queries.
- Done white box testing. Including running SQL queries, analyzed the XML log files.
- Review the change requests, do a feasibility analysis and give approval for code changes. Suggest if there are any gaps and/or modifications required.
- Update test plan document and submit document for business approval. Implement revisions and comments.
- Perform Regression testing on the deliverables.
- Attending Status meetings with client, interacting with Dev team & perform triage calls and Handling the deliverables.
- Developing and Maintaining Test Scripts, analyzing bugs and interacting with development team members in fixing the defects.
- Reviewed requirements from automation perspective to list the test cases that need to be automated.
Environment: Windows operating systems, XML, Mercury Quality Center, Scrum, SQL, Excel Macro, Putty/ Poderosa, Filezilla, Microsoft Test Manager.
Confidential, Ann Arbor, Michigan
- Primary responsibilities included analyzing old jobs, preparing test cases for manual and automation and updating them as per requirement/design change.
- Testing the Application on different browsers and their different versions.
- Preparing automation script using Java and execution Selenium RC Server.
- Development experience in Selenium Web Driver with Java using TestNG framework.
- Experienced with Web API testing.
- Executing manual test cases before every release in sanity testing, regression testing and smoke testing.
- Reporting the bugs in a very clear manner in bug tracking tools and expertise in dealing with different bug tracking systems.
- Actively participated in Status reporting meetings, and interacted with Development team to discuss the technical issues.
- Handled Device testing before and after every new build of Confidential mobile application using: Blackberry, IPad, IPod, htc Mobile, Samsung galaxy, Samsung Tab.
- Reporting client, on-shore and off-shore leads, on everyday status of module and sending deliverables.
- Providing KT to the new joiners of the team.
- Coordinating with the Development team to discuss issues, Customer requirements and providing valuable inputs from an end user perspective.
Environment: Scrum, Jira, Rational Clear Quest, Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Microsoft Excel, Excel Macro, Windows Operating Explorer, Java