- Result - driven Quality Assurance/Software Test Automation Engineer with 7 years of experience in Exploratory and Automation Software Testing and extensive experience in software development methodologies including both Agile (Scrum & KANBAN) and Waterfall models.
- Skills cover all aspects of SDLC, TLC, DLS from specification through to deployment
- Thorough experience with Data Driven, Behavior Driven Development, Hybrid Testing
- Design automated test scripts using Selenium WebDriver with Java, JUnit, TestNG, Maven built tool, Cucumber
- Ability to design test automation framework from scratch using Page Object Model design pattern with Page Factory, Base Class ( Initializing WebDriver, Implicit Waits, Extent Report, Screenshot ), Utility functions file , Property file .
- Experience with developing and executing test scripts adhering to User stories and Business Requirement Documents
- Perform Backend Testing by Executing SQL Queries against Oracle and MySQL database. Experience working with JDBC, Apache POI
- Well versed in Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Back-end, Browser Compatibility and System Testing
- Excellent problem solving skills with a strong technical background. Good interpersonal skills. Strong team player.
Automation Testing Tools: Browser Automation, Selenium WebDriver, Maven, Cucumber, Jenkins, Eclipse
Languages: JAVA, SQL, HTML, CSS
Databases: MySQL, Oracle
Frameworks: JUnit, TestNG, Cucumber, Page Object Model, BDD,DDD
Bug Tracking and Management tools: Jira, ALM/ QC
Methodology: Agile, Scrum, Kanban, Waterfall
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE, Safari
Types of testing: Functional, Regression
Browser: Compatibility, System, UA, Back-end Testing
Confidential, Washington, DC
QA/ Software Test Automation Engineer
- Involved in the entire SDLC process, from specification through to deployment
- Enhanced existing BDD framework to improve the maintainability and efficiency
- Implemented Page Object Model design pattern for existing BDD framework
- Automated the manual functional scenarios and build the Automation Regression Suite
- Designed, executed and maintained automated test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse IDE
- Identified Web elements using various locator like ID, Name, Class, Tag Name Link Text, Partial Link Text, XPath and CSS locators
- Performed Back-end testing using MySQL
- Used JDBC, Apache POI for reading and validating the data from Excel files
- Extensively involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, End to End Testing
- Performed cross-browser compatibility testing on Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment
- Integrated with Jenkins CI tool for running tests nightly by building the framework using MAVEN
- Documented software defects, using the defined reporting tool - JIRA and reported defects to developers
- Documented the Automation Best practices and Lessons Learned Document
- Participated in daily scrum, Confidential planning, Confidential review and Confidential retro meetings
Environment: Eclipse IDE, Selenium WebDriver, core Java, Cucumber, JUnit, TestNG, Maven, HTML, Jenkins, Git repository, MySQL, JDBC, JIRA
Confidential, Rockville, MD
Software Test Automation Engineer
- Developed Automation Framework from scratch using Selenium Web Driver, JAVA, JUnit and Cucumber for BDD
- Implemented Page Object Model design pattern and defined dependencies using Maven build tool
- Developed reusable code and executed test scripts using Eclipse IDE.
- Analyzed the regression suite, identified and prioritized test cases for test automation development
- Involved in back end testing using MySQL, JDBC, Apache POI
- Participated in testing documentation reviews and walkthroughs, including those for test plans, test cases, test strategies, test summary reports
- Worked closely with development team to fix and retest identified issues using bug tacking tool Jira
- Actively involved throughout the life cycle of the project from requirements gathering to maintenance and optimizing the system.
Confidential, Reston, VA
QA Automation Tester
- Created, maintained, and executed comprehensive test plans and test cases against company software based on an analysis of the requirements and user stories
- Worked on an Agile development environment - consisting of many iterative releases with intensive collaboration between the DEV, QAs, BAs, Product Owner
- Worked with test manager and other test engineers to plan and execute testing tasks.
- Reviewed requirement specifications, identified gaps, determined testability and testing implications.
- Developed both manual and automated testing programs that address areas such as database impacts, software scenarios, security and usability
- Created and executed test scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Java and Eclipse IDE.
- Implemented Page Objective Model design patterns to improve code reusability, maintainability and readability
- Developed and executed test cases & verified results with expected results using Quality Center v.10.0
- Participated in peer review process, test status meetings
- Logged test discrepancy reports in defect management system and followed through lifecycle of creation to resolution.
- Worked closely with business analysts, business subject matter experts and development teams to clarify and resolve testing issues.
- Performed tasks under minimal supervisor.