- Around 9 Years of Quality Engineer experience.
- Software Quality enthusiastic committed to improve the efficiency of Software Quality by Applying effective quality measures at each phase of SDLC methodologies; worked on Waterfall, Agile, Scrum, Extreme Programming, with demonstrated career success in Digital Media, mobile, web - based testing and ETL testing.
- Involved in business process improvement and change management initiatives.
- Extensive experience in ETL/ Data warehouse backend testing and BI Intelligence reports testing.
- Extensive experience in developing SQL scripts to validate the databases tables and reports data for backend database testing.
- Proficient in troubleshooting database issues and experienced in using performance monitor/profiler to solve dead locks/ long running queries.
- Extensive Working experience in applying Relational Database Concepts, Entity Relation diagrams and Normalization concepts.
Operating Systems: Windows 7/Vista/XP, Mac OSX
Mobile Platforms: iOS, Android OS, Windows Phone
Tools: SQL Server Management Studio, Firebug, Tableau, Selenium Web Driver, Android Studio
Networking: TCP/IP, FTP, HTTP, Internet, Intranet, Firmware Testing
Bug Tracking: Jira, AR TOOL, BugzillaBrowsers: MS Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome, Safari, Opera iWorkDocumentation: MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook)
ETL: Informatica 8.1 (Power Center/ Power Mart) (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and server manager
Database Systems: Oracle 10g, SQL server, DB2 and Data ware house concept
Confidential, Los Gatos, CA
- Automate the test cases and performed Gray Box Testing, Regression Testing, Functional Testing, Usability testing.
- Data testing and validation of the data for executing SQL queries on test data held on a database.
- Used Selenium Web Driver to test web pages and web elements (images, texts, tables and GUI elements).
- Execute Browser Compatibility Testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) of a Web based application.
- Performed device testing on Confidential Router. It includes firmware up grading, checking builds.
- Create and execute End-to-End use cases for User Acceptance Testing and responsible for centralizing the testing approaches in various projects.
- Developed Test Plan Document for numerous Releases.
- Analyzed business requirements and suggested improvements to the product features.
- Participated in daily scrum, planning and review meetings. Prepared status summary reports which covers executed, passed and failed Test Cases.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Worked on Android devices, iPhone and Amazon Kindle Fire.
- Requirement traceability matrix to ensure all the requirements is covered during testing.
- Developed test cases as per the approved business requirements and test plan.
- Executed test cases and test script as per Visual Design Documents.
- Responsible for mapping and scheduling the scripts as per the assigned schedule.
- Tested the GUI features and verified the functional testing of the application through Android emulator.
- Verify the end to end functional flow in all possible platforms at least once.
- Experience with mobile cloud platform like Device Anywhere and Perfecto Mobile
- Functional, GUI and interruption testing have been tested using the mobile cloud platform.
- Executed the orders submitted in the mobile apps through mainframes.
- Log, track and review the defects using the Quality Center. Follow up on them, until the defect is fixed, retested and closed.
- Root cause analysis of defects and continuous process improvements
- Involved in the end to end testing of the native application and the mobile browser application
- Participated in quality assurance of information services products.
- Formulated acceptance criteria and prepared use cases.
- Supported testing projects and executed test case definitions.
- Conducted exploratory testing and administered automated test software.
- Prepared and executed test scripts as per business requirements.
- Generated and maintained individual status reports.
- Conducted project meetings and documented variances in system discrepancies.
Confidential, PHOENIX, AZQA Engineer
- Identified data streams and reviewed data models for testing strategies Identifying duplicate records in the staging area before data gets processed
- Extensively written test scripts for back-end validations
- Ensured that the mappings are correct and conducted data validation testing
- Validating the load process of ETL to make sure, the target tables are populated according the data mapping provided that satisfies the transformation rules.
- Validating the Archive process to purge the data that meet the defined business rules. Writing complex SQL queries using Case Logic, Intersect, Minus, Sub Queries, Inline Views, and Union in Oracle.
- Create stored procedures for Incremental extract based on time stamp, version date and record flag.
- Implemented SCD I, II to the extracts based on the business requirement and client expectations.
- Create test plan, test cases and do the Unit testing, SIT and UAT and send them to projects lead for approval.
- Schedule the workflow using AutoSys. Sent error logs if any to project DBA's or assigned Project Leads to sort it out and resolve.
- Update project leads on a day-to-day basis on the developments.
- Wrote UNIX Shell Scripts and pmcmd command line utility to interact with Informatica Server from command mode.
- Planning and executing test cases, Reported defects in A R Tool.
- Involved in functional, reliability, performance and User Interface Testing. Preparing daily and weekly reports.
- Participated in status meetings reporting the progress of test case execution.
- Interacted with customers, designers, and supervisor to determine needs and desires for project direction and documentation.
- Giving creative suggestions to the customer and receives customer input and instructions. Developed Automated Test Scripts Using DAML.
- Resolved hardware/software issues with systems
- Contributed to the product documentation, including online help