- Results - driven, strategically-oriented and quality-focused professional with over 12 years of experience in quality assurance and automation arena .
- Proven record as a creative problem-solver, ensuring both the company and clients’ needs are satisfied.
- Focused on continuous improvement, quality, productivity, efficiency and providing exceptional customer service.
- Automation Framework Implementation
- Champion Quality Assurance (QA) Processes
- New System Selection, Testing & Implementation
- Staff Training, Mentoring and Coaching
- Technology liaison to Business
- Strategic Technology & Solution Roadmaps
- Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Metrics and data-driven improvement
- Client and Stakeholder Focused
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Quality Assurance Test Manager
- Responsible for leading and managing projects thru all phases of testing including UNIT, SIT/Functional, UAT, Regression, Performance as well as End to End testing.
- Develop Test Strategy for Manual/Automated Functional and Regression testing.
- Drive Test Strategy, working closely with SIT Test Leads and Technology PMs to ensure test strategy accurately reflects the overall approach to Unit, SIT and UAT phases of testing.
- Coordinate with Line of Business and multiple 3rd party vendors to ensure defect free product deployment with minimum customer impact.
- Work closely with functional teams on selection of test cases for Automated Regression test scripts.
- Coordinate functional test activities of cross-functional teams for specific Project Development efforts.
- Working closely with Development teams, SME's and Business counterparts to ensure full coverage of acceptance criteria to be met during testing.
- Facilitate and hold teams accountable for the creation of re-usable SIT & UAT Test Cases.
- Coordinate with LOBs and Application Team Managers to resolve test scheduling and support issues.
- Participate in the development of post UAT defect remediation action plans.
Confidential, Bensenville, IL
Quality Assurance Manager
- Managed resource allocation, release scope and estimation across Functional and Performance teams.
- Oversaw Functional and Performance testing progress across Enterprise Releases and Off-Cycle projects.
- Worked closely with teams across the IS organization to ensure that all projects adhere to schedules and to the level of quality demanded by the governing standards and business requirements.
- Defined and insure adherence of vendor Strategy, KPIs, SLAs, and Deliverables.
- Drove testing process improvements based on KPIs collected throughout the SDLC resulting in improved test coverage and reduction of defects coming in to Functional, UAT and Production.
- Proactively managed risks and developed appropriate mitigation plans.
- Provided regular status updates to upper management and project stakeholders
- Streamlined SOX control process resulting in successful passing of previously failed audit.
- Established continuous communication channels with UAT team resulting in action plans improving timeliness and quality of deliverables.
- Aligned COE resources and facilitated training improving teams technical and business knowledge.
- Reorganized Test Plan approval process resulting in quicker approvals and earlier test start dates.
- Managed production deployment activities resulting in improved quality of Go-Live roll-out and expedited issue resolution for encountered issues.
- Mentored and assisted Test Leads with walk-throughs of Test Plans and Test Cases resulting in improved Stakeholder approval process.
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Quality Assurance and Automation Manager
- Responsible for Test Automation development and execution team and Automation knowledge transfer across technology disciplines and lines of business (onshore/offshore).
- Defined an Automation Roadmap that included benefits, cost and challenges for upper management consideration.
- Designed automated frameworks benefiting Functional as well as Performance testing groups.
- Defined process and procedures for Manual and Automated Regression test bed maintenance.
- Spearheaded efforts across the LOB assisting functional teams in streamlining and improving Automated Regression capabilities.
- Established defect and test case documentation guidelines.
- Implemented multiple initiatives that led to efficiencies and cost savings: increased quality, stability and visibility, decreased time to market and a reduction in headcount.
- Established excellent working report with Network and Infrastructure groups decreasing planning and delivery timelines of Infrastructure upgrade projects and POCs.
- Oversight of concurrent projects utilizing Waterfall and Agile methodologies.
- Mentored and assisted Quality Assurance analysts in transition from Waterfall to Agile Methodology.
- Worked closely with Product Manager prioritizing feature deliveries, creating well refined user stories, tasks and accurate story efforts estimates.
- Participated in daily Scrum Ceremonies.
- Liaison to Technology, UAT/Operations and external client.
- Resource allocation, scope and project cost estimation.
- Spearheaded collaboration with Development and Performance teams to leverage in-house QA developed tools that supplemented unit, system, integration and performance testing.
- Managerial responsibilities included interviewing, performance reviews, delegation and prioritization of workload, training (internal/external), release finalization and packaging.
Confidential, Northbrook, IL
Quality Assurance Automation Lead
- Established code migration procedures across multi-tiered environments.
- Implemented HP Quality Center/ALM for defect management and reporting.
- Established traceability guidelines linking requirements to functional specifications to test cases and associated defects.
- Developed QTP and LoadRunner scripts to augment the manual regression test bed coverage.
- Performed peer reviews of test case coverage with the business and technology teams to identify gaps earlier in the SDLC.
- Created key deliverables and facilitated meetings throughout the project lifecycle (test strategy, test plan, status, entrance/exit, and estimates).
Quality Assurance Analyst
- Analyzed requirements and developed manual and automated regression test cases to give robust coverage.
- Facilitated test plan walkthroughs and service pack meetings.
- Built relationships with technology and business partners to increase visibility, promote accountability, report status and cross train.
- Analyzed requirements, defined test cases, validated functionality, reported and retested defects and implemented changes to production.