I am a lifetime learner, career Software Test Engineer / QA Analyst with 15+ years experience in Quality Assurance and Quality Control. I have experience in the following forms of testing: manual and automated, operational, exploratory, agile testing, waterfall model testing, system and integration, pilot, regression, ad hoc, stress load and performance, white box, black box and user acceptance testing. I develop programmable scripts that are procedural - style, recursive, object-oriented and interpreted programs. Good oral and written communication skills. I am punctual, well organized, a quick learner, and able to understand and interpret technical details.
Browsers: Chrome, Firefox, IE, and Safari
Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Kanban, CI/CD, RUP, object-oriented design
Traditional Waterfall model:
Database Systems: Oracle 11g, 10g, Oracle 9i, Oracle 8i, Sybase, SQL Server 2000
Operating Systems: Linux, Mac, Unix Solaris, Windows
Software: IBM Clear View and Clear Quest web, DOORS, SQL*Plus, TOAD, Putty, Maple version 5.0, PVCS, Rally, Remedy, MATLAB version 5.0, QuickBooks Pro, Peachtree, Code Collaborator 7.0, Team Foundation Server 2010, SAS BI Tools Data Integration Studio 9.1.3 and 9.2, SAS Web Report Studio, and SAS Information Map Studio and SAS Windows 9.3, SharePoint 2010, Visio 2010, Confidential Relic, Confluence, Jenkins, JIRA, Github
Automation Tools: HP QTP 10.0, Test Complete 8.0 by Smart Bear, Selenium 2 HP Load Runner 7.6, Quality Center 10.0, Win Runner 7.0
Confidential, Alexandria, VA and Washington, DC
Test & Evaluation Engineer
- Lead Test Engineer on the Operational Test Agent Testing Team to support the Confidential U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services ( Confidential ) development of the Electronic Immigration System ( Confidential ) rebuild release deployment for benefit forms acquisition and replacement program transitions from paper-based to a fully functional electronic system.
- Assisting the Operational Test Agent Program Manager in developing required DHS OTA assessment documentation such as the ORD, RALOT, Final Test Plan, Dendritic, Test and Evaluation Master Plan (TEMP), Operational Assessment plans and reports (OA), and various Readiness Reports that have high visibility with the OTC Director and DOT&E ( Confidential ) Dept of Defense Test Area Manager and Chief Deputy.
- Supported Agile development teams progression development of Confidential and Confidential utilizing Agile Scrum and Kanban hybrid development processes on daily basis: Stand-up meetings, Retrospectives, Code Reviews, Release Management and DevOps.
- Gather data from various systems and end users via End User Test, Performance Test, interviews and surveys to perform system development assessments of Confidential releases.
- Generated four semi-annual Operational Assessments Reports of the DHS Level 1 program Confidential per Acquisition Decisions to further implement Immigration Electronic form processing project.
- Meets with Confidential Security team and ISSO to review and discuss system scans and reported vulnerabilities.
Confidential, Washington, DC
- Test Engineer on the Commodities & Services User Acceptance Test Team to ensure the Confidential recognized Consumer Price Index (CPI) is reported accurately on a monthly basis. The CPI index is the #1 measure of inflation for the US calculated for nearly 90% of the working US
- Executes development and test via a modified version of the IBM Rational Unified Process for development of CPI index applications.
- Writes SQL queries and SAS 9.3 scripts to pull data from Oracle databases to support analyzing statistics for CPI measure
- The C & S UAT team consists of Economists, Commodities Analyst, Mathematicians, IT Specialist and Subject Matter Experts.
- Develops test plans and test cases for manual test execution of proprietary CPI index applications used by Commodities Analysts and Economic Assistants in the field who collect CPI and Census survey data.
- Support CPI modular projects Confidential Estimate that utilizes SAS Data Analytics to aggregate data, impute data, calculate indexes and averages, weight averages, work with seasonal data, and determine variances and comparative statistics.
- Support CPI MARS project which converts Commodities Analyst paper records to electronic Windows based application.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
QA Testing Analyst
- Vista Imaging department QA Analyst for the Tele-pathology prototype project developing tools for assisting Veterans of Affairs US pathology clinicians with performing more efficiently and effectively consultations and secondary consults for their Veterans of Affairs US patients and those located in areas remote with limited pathology expertise available in the patient area.
- Testing progression and regression development patches for Veterans of Affairs client for storing Electronic Health Records according to medical device standards in CMM level 3 environment including standards HL7, DICOM, FDA, and HIPPA.
- Supported testing for Veterans of Affairs US internal visual Imaging applications developed under various technologies including Delphi, Mumps, C, C#, Java, and .Net.
- Developed automated test scripts and performs smoke tests with Test Complete 8.0
- Applications tested include Vista-Rad for Radiology diagnostics, CPRS for EHR tracking, tele-reader for ophthalmology diagnostics, Clinical Capture and Clinical Display
Confidential, Herndon, VA
QA Testing Analyst
- Supported Confidential Mortgage UAT team testing for Proprietary applications used by lenders to process Confidential xml loan transactions.
- Advised team leads on implementing Quality Center test plan modification solutions and Clear View reporting to upper management.
- Developed and executed testing for Loan Delivery and xml loan processing applications.
Confidential, Suitland, MD
SAS Software Tester
- Developed and documented test plans and procedures, conducting testing, evaluating and documenting results for the Decennial Census 2010 operations.
- Adhere to ISO 9000 standards/regulations governing software acceptance test and evaluation at CMM level 3.
- Work independently and provides detailed incident reports.
- Knowledgeable of technical application architecture including SAS, Unix, and Oracle Server.
Confidential, Columbia, MD
- Supported testing Service Bench insurance and warranty claims application for multiple clients including major servicers Whirlpool, Best Buy and Sears.
- Utilized open source version of Jira defect tracking tool mainly to prioritize, track and report defects to developers and management.
- Black-box testing with minimal team support from development teams.
- Transitioned to automated support and integration team with merger company Asurion.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
Software Tester - Ordering Systems Analyst
- Supported Cofee Ordering Regression Automation Testing using QTP to test applications used by Confidential Call Center Reps.
- Reviewed end-to-end architecture of System test and UAT environments prior to testing.
- Assisted with processing test orders end-to-end interfacing with various architecture teams for Confidential Ordering application releases.
- Coded SQL queries to assist One Bill project with data sourcing.
- Installed code release packages to System Test environment.
- Assisted U.S. state-side and India-based Confidential teams in cross-training capacity.
- Dedicated Load Runner Performance Tester for 3 years.
- Simulated 10k virtual Load Runner users for Ordering test runs executing in under 1 hour for applications dependent on limiting architectural bottlenecks and coding efficiency.
- Installed code release packages and verified port accessibility for System Test environment.
- Attained organizational goals for One Bill application to Increase Web-Based Bill Viewer use from 12.1M to 15.6M and to boost One Bill Web-Based Payments from $675M to $875M. Also increased Confidential .Com Registrations from 5.6M to 8.44M and increased Confidential .Com Repair Deflections from 475,000 to 650,000.
- Tested integrated modules deployed to non-CLEC Confidential .com test environments.
- Trained 20 team members in using e-Business document repository Share point website.
- Verified direct source interface edits established between CRIS/ICRIS, DOEL5, the database sources and Confidential .com to assure consistency of rates displayed to Web end users.
- Supported testing of enhancements to UAT and SIT application enhancement releases which included infrastructure upgrades to UAT and SIT test environments. Verified architecture enhancements maintained consistency of Confidential .com application functionality.
Confidential, Silver Spring, MD
- Setup and administered web version of Mercury Test Director 7.0.
- Utilized Mercury Win Runner scripting to perform automated testing of web applications for Confidential .com.