- 8+ years of professional experience in Information Technology with extensive experience in performing Manual and Automated Testing.
- Experience in testing Web - based and Client-Server applications on different environments.
- Strong knowledge of different Software Development Life Cycles (SDLC)
- Proficient in analyzing Business/ System Requirements documents and Use Cases.
- Expertise in preparing/maintaining Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Ability to write High Level Test Plans, Test Cases and Test Procedures from Requirements and Use Cases.
- Good experience writing automated scripts in Ruby Programming Language (using WATIR, WATIR-WEBDRIVER, RSpec and page object) to test the functionality
- Strong knowledge in Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach to write tests using Cucumber
- Worked as part of an Agile team to develop automated Acceptance Tests for multiple Web Applications
- Monitored and reported daily development builds and test results
- Experienced in software analysis, Requirements Management, Quality Assurance, Modeling, Configuration Management and Change Management.
- Extensive experience in Testing tools like Devtest, JIRA, Quality Center, iTKO LISA, Requisite Pro, HP ALM
- Good experience on Selenium WebDriver and TestNG Framework.
- Good working experience on SOAPUI and writing assertions using it.
- Excellent knowledge on automation using Selenium WebDriver, cross browser testing
- Performed functional testing, load testing using SOAPUI
- Excellent work experience using JMETER for performance testing
- Excellent experience in doing Regression testing and Sanity Testing on all the databases including Derby, DB2, Oracle, SQL and MYSQL on Windows and Linux Operating Systems.
- Good Experience working with JMS Automation
- Good Experience on working with end to end testing with JMETER for REST API and writing assertions
- Expertise in performing different types of Testing: System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Smoke, Database Integrity, User Acceptance (UAT), Stress/Load and White Box Testing.
- Experienced in creating/maintaining Test Logs, Summary Reports.
- Good understanding of Database Management Systems (Oracle, DB2, SQL Server).
- Extensive working knowledge in UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Excellent Interpersonal and Customer Relational Skills. Proven Communication, Presentation Skills and Leadership Qualities.
Operating Systems: MS-DOS, UNIX, Windows 9x/NT/2000/XP.
Languages: JAVA, SQL
RDBMS: Oracle 9i, 10g, 11g, MS SQL Server, DB2
Web Technologies: HTML, XML
Packages: MS-Office (MS-Access, MS-Word, MS- FrontPage and MS-Excel)
Application Servers: Weblogic 6.0, IIS, Apache Server, Web Sphere
Testing Tools: CA Devtest, iTKO LISA 7.5, SOAPUI, JMETER, Selenium
Version Control: GIT, CVS, Star Team.
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
- Involved in testing of application using the Scrum (Agile) methodology.
- Interacted with client, Development team to understand and gather the Functional and Non-Functional requirements for projects/each release.
- Installing and configuring CA Devtest client on our machine to test the SOAP and REST Web Services
- Virtualized the services using Request and Response pairs method
- Modified the existing VSI’s as per the newly created version of the service
- Used the web service and created test cases and also created filters and assertions
- Used Virtual Service Image Recorder and created Virtual Service Images and Virtual Service Models
- Deployed the Virtual Service Images onto Virtual Service Environment
- Troubleshoot the issues raised after deployment of the Virtual Service Image
- Performed Cross browser compatibility testing on Chrome, Firefox, IE browsers using TestNG.
- Involved in Regression testing using Selenium and Creation of automation scripts for desktop pages.
- Designed, developed, and executed automated tests using Selenium WebDriver.
- Handled the special mouse events and selected the options from the drop-down menu using Selenium Actions builder, mouse hover and synchronization.
- Raised defects and performed tracking using JIRA.
- Involved in updating and execution of Test Cases according to the requirements.
- Performed GUI and functional testing for different modules of application
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Performed testing on Web Services using SOAPUI to check the communication between different services.
- Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Reported daily status of data creation and sent weekly status reports.
- Performed back-end testing to ensure that the user data was updated in database using SQL.
- Attended Bug Meetings and also meetings with the QA Leads, Managers and Developers for query resolution.
- Designed and executed test cases for new modules of the application including Linux and Web-based applications.
Environment: DevTest, SOAPUI, JMETER, Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, Java 1.6, Maven, TestNG, JIRA, XPath, CSS, Cucumber, Oracle, SQL, Java script, Html, MS Excel
Sr Automation and Virtualization Consultant
- Followed BDD technique and got the formal requirements criteria and created Gherkins
- Peer reviewing the Gherkins which I created, by my team lead
- Used PageObject gems to create the automation scripts
- Used RSpec to assert the values.
- Installing LISA 7.5 on Windows environment
- Executed the flows in IST and made sure that the flows run correctly with the given data
- Recorded the transactions while pointing to the LIVE environment.
- Executed the flows while pointing to Performance Test environment and made sure that the flows while pointing to LISA.
- Used SOAP based web services for the creation of VSI and VSM
- Created VSI and VSM using the RAW TRAFFIC file
- Created Pivot Table to see how many error codes are present in the VSI for which we create during daily maintenance period
- Eliminated all the 500 and 400 error codes from VSI by running the utility from AT & T
- Deployed the VSM on to LISA while pointing to VSI
- Made sure that no NO MATCHES and SIGNATURE issues are present in the VSI
- One off requirements to test WEB Services using SOAPUI and writing assertions to that
- Deployed one off Request and Response pairs given to us.
- Attended daily meetings with Developers and offshore team and participated in defect review meetings
- Worked on multiple projects simultaneously
Environment: ITKO Lisa 7.5, MS Office, SOAPUI, Windows 7, SOA, UNIX, WinSCP, Eclipse, SVN, Agile methodology, Java 1.7.
Confidential, Plano, TX
- Installing and configuring various builds of Devtest on Windows and Linux.
- Performed regression testing on the builds to make sure that the required functionality is working as expected.
- Performed regression testing with different kind of databases including Oracle, SQL, MySql, Derby etc.
- Worked with Windows as well as Redhat Linux Operating systems for regression testing.
- Performed Sanity testing whenever required on the test cases.
- Worked on JMS Automation for the existing JMS manual test cases and created test suites out of it.
- Created Staging documents as and when required.
- Used filters and assertions on test cases for proper
- Deployed the test suites and made sure the test cases are running correctly. very good knowledge on Continuous Application Insight, created baselines and deployed services too to Virtual Service Environment
- Scripted automation scripts for Devtest portal using GEB and Selenium
- Worked using Selenium WebDriver for CrossBrowser Testing and data driven testing.
- Automated Selenium Test Cases using already existing TestNG Framework
- Attended daily meetings with offshore team and made sure that glitches are addressed.
- Worked as team leader for the offshore team and helping them out in assigning the tasks, training them with automation Scripting using GEB
Environment: DevTest, HP ALM, GGTS, Oracle, SQL, MySQL, MS Office, Selenium, Java 1.7
Confidential, Madison, WI
Sr. QA Analyst
- Worked closely with teams of clients, developers and testers throughout the entire development life cycle, to identify and manage requirements.
- Documented, implemented, monitored, enforced all processes for testing as per standards defined by the organization.
- Worked on Guidewire Policy center and Billing Center to test functionality related to Policies and Billing Cycle.
- Coordinated with Claims Services team to create policies required for claims testing.
- Performed Policy and Billing Center Integrations.
- Prepared Test Cases using User Stories and Business Rules from the boot camps.
- Prepared and Maintained Requirements Traceability Matrix to ensure that the test cases cover all the business requirements.
- Prepared Test Cases for Functional, Integration and End-to-End user scenarios.
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing of an application.
- Worked with BAs and SMEs to identify and analyze functional gaps in the requirements.
- Worked with legacy teams to make sure that the integration is working as expected.
- Tested web services using SOAP UI to test the Xml requests and the responses.
- Worked with Business Analysts and Functional experts for analyzing and prioritizing test cases for automation testing.
- Responsible for test data preparation for the system / integration testing, traceability matrix to ensure the test case coverage and defect logging.
- Responsible for running automated Smoke Test Suites after each build.
- Interacted with development team for defect prioritization and resolution using Defect Tracking Tool JIRA.
- Participated defect review meetings with team members.
- Communicated defects encountered during regression test and follow up with developers until all issues were resolved.
Environment: Guidewire Policy Center and Billing Center, Oracle 11g, MS Office, Windows XP, iTKO Lisa 5.0.28/7, JIRA, HTML, Rally, Toad, SOA, Altova XML Spy, SharePoint, Agile methodology, JMETER.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Reviewed Business Requirements, Design Documents and specs to prepare Test Plans for System Testing and Integration Testing.
- Designed and developed test scenarios (Use Cases) as per the requirements in Quality Center.
- Responsible for doing coverage analysis / gap analysis for the given functionality.
- Executed test cases, logged defects, retested and closed the defects after dev fix.
- Used Quality Center for writing, executing test cases and managing defects.
- Wrote moderate to complex SQL queries to retrieve and modify the data needed for testing.
- Tested end to end internal and external Data Exchanges along with related XML’s and schemas as part of web service testing.
- Worked closely with developers to make sure that the fixes are done in time and efficiently.
- Done regression testing for the defects fixed in every build.
- Worked as an Automation tester to write and execute automation scripts for regression and smoke testing using QTP.
- Wrote and simulated multiple end to end business scenarios for performance testing and automation testing.
- Used InfraRED (performance monitoring tool) for monitoring and diagnosing performance problems.
- Worked with Load Runner team to create and execute performance scripts for our module.
- Creating Reports and Graphs using Quality Center client for different modules.
- Generated defect reports from Quality Center for status meetings.
- Prepared slides, demos and mentored new testing team resources.
- Acted as point of contact for developers and testers for the defects logged by our team.
- Responsible for Reviewing test cases and defects logged by all the team members
- Created and maintained automation test scripts using QTP for smoke and regression testing using data provided in EXCEL sheets.
- Developed Test Plan and overall Test Strategy for the applications
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis, Use-Case Analysis (Rose) and Data Analysis.
- Developed Test Cases and Test Scripts for System and UAT testing
- Tested all applications End-End Manually.
- Validated the interface from Front-end to back-end tables.
- Validated the Swift Message Application User Roles and profiles to ensure the security through Logon process.
- Validated the Data staging process before the Message creation.
- Tested the messaging formats and trade data through SWIFT Alliance Network.
- Regressions testing to ensure other components are not impacted by modifications.
- Performed Performance testing and validated the Stats by running SQL stored Procedures.
- Validated the back-end data by using SQL and PL/SQL.Worked extensively with Unix Shell Scripts (Ksh, Bsh)
- Performed Smoke testing after all the code is moved to validate the components that were enhanced to support the new front end and also to validate that other components are not impacted by the modifications.
- Tracked defects using Test Director and conducted Bug-Review meetings.
- Developed Test Summary Reports and participated in GO / NO-GO meetings
- Expertise in demonstrating the projects to different groups.
- Participated in regular project status meetings related to testing
Environment: Java, J2EE, EJB, XML, Web logic 6.1, Oracle 8i, Sybase, PowerBuilder, VB, TOAD, Test Director, Rational Suite 2003, Windows NT, Unix (Sun Solaris), Visio, Ms-Project, Ms-Word, Ms-Excel