- Over 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and QA implementation.
- Experience with recommending Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing in HPQC
- Extensive experience in Manual and Automated testing using Quick Test Pro/ UFT, Quality Center (QC) and Soap UI.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experience with testing on UNIX and Windows (native & virtual) environments. Extended devices like Mobile Payment Systems (Point of Sales), Tablets etc.
- Expertise in creating requirement/test case relationship (RTM) using Quality Center (Tractability).
- Expertise in Functional, Regression, User Acceptance (UAT).
- Expertise in Agile (Scrum) development practices in start - up environment with 2 weeks-3 months release cycles.
- Involved in designing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Use of the Quality Center/ALM to manage the software testing process
- Very Good Functional & Technical knowledge of Oracle CC&B.
- Proficient with tools such as MS Office, Visual Source Safe, CVS.
- Executed/Enhanced Regression test scripts using QTP
- Proficiency in testing activities for Functional, User Interface, End-to-End, Multi Browser, Application, System, Integration, Regression, UAT and Migration Testing.
- Excellent working knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) in Requirements gathering, Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing Methods like Waterfall, RUP & Agile (Scrum).
- Experience testing in Mobile UI, Banking Application and Web Application.
- Demonstrable experience on GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance, Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
Languages: SQL, vbscript, java,.Net
Databases Oracle: CC, MS SQL Server, MS-Access, Toad
OS Windows: NT/XP/ 2012/20082000, HP-UNIX, MS-DOSVersion Control: Microsoft SharePoint
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome
Bug Reporting Tools: HP Quality Center/ALM, Rally
Testing Tools: QTP, Visual Studio Team System, TFS, SOAP, HP-QC, JIRA, Bugzilla, VersionOne, Perfecto
Methodologies: AGILE, Waterfall, RAD
Microsoft Tools: MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint, MS Access
Confidential, Dallas, TX
Sr QA Tester
- understand and alignment to Test Scenarios and Test Cases for manual Testing using HPQC.
- Recommended test cases on IOT Services to the Project Management..
- Wrote User defined Functions using VbScripting for calculating the check Price and verifying Credit Card
- Exercised component checklist to verify each builds and performed Smoke and Sanity testing.
- Performed Integration testing of various modules to verify the interfaces and control flows between the modules.
- Analyzed the credit and debit authorization functions for card associations to facilitate the testing of the transmission of credit/debit card drafts from POS terminals through powerful batch processing functions.
- Work under Agile methodology attending daily Scrum calls with 4-week sprint timeline, which were tracked with Rally.
- Used BPT to enable Subject Matter Experts to create business process tests using reusable business components.
- Performed BP T testing using HP/ Mercury Quality center.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using the QUALITY CENTER / ALM.
- Extensively worked on HP Quality Center 11.0 and UFT.
- Ensured tractability between requirements and test cases.
- Tracked the bugs and reported them using Quality center as the defect tracking tool and performed regression testing.
- Designed Test Scripts for Functional testing using Team Foundation Server (TFS)
- Extensively used SOAP UI for functional testing of web services
- Reported defects in Team Foundation Server (TFS), worked closely with analysts, developers to resolve the problems, and change the status of the defect accordingly
- Logged and tracked the defects using JIRA and Rally.
- Worked with Keyword Driven, Test Automation Framework in UFT.
- Developed and executed automated test scripts using VB Script, Java Script and Shell Script for System and Regression testing using Quick Test Professional V10.0/V11.00.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) to trace the requirements throughout the whole development process.
Environment: QTP, HPQC, HTML, XML, TOAD, ALM,SOAP, VB Script, SQL, OS Platforms like Unix, Rally,Windows
Confidential Dallas, TX
- Worked for the Airline Reservation, Ticketing and Check-In System for the Reservation and Airport Application
- Created the PNR, worked on all the flight related features like checking, creating boarding pass, looking for Special services, connecting flights, upgrades and methods of payments
- Participated in Sprint Planning Meetings.
- Wrote and run Automation Scripts for POS UI, using QTP for Functional and Regression testing.
- Worked on airline reservation channel management and flight related operations such as flight scheduling, crew scheduling, flight operations (FOS).
- Parameterized test data using Data Table and created Shared Object Repository in QTP.
- Responsible for QA test suite development, execution and analysis testing report by using Team Foundation Server (TFS) 2010.
- Used ACSP for creating and tracking the status of defects
- Worked under Agile methodology attending daily Scrum calls with 4-week sprint timeline, which were tracked with Rally.
- Imported and exported data from and to Excel to and from UFT.
- Coordinate test case reviews with client.
- Created best practices documents for UFT.
- Used Check Points, Output Values, Recovery Scenarios, Regular Expressions, and Object Repository Administration extensively in UFT.
- Change management and Bug Tracing: Tracked with Version One..
- Validated Test case data in XML data files.
- Used SOAP-UI to validate the request and response for all the transactions.
- Involved in generating Test cases for AS- IS to TO-BE scenarios for various business cases.
- Involved in performing Functional, Application, Integration, System, Regression and End-to-End testing.
- Performed sanity, smoke, usability, functionality, GUI, browser compatibility and regression tests.
- Coordinated with offshore/onshore team to share knowledge and work effectively in a daily basis.
- Validated the data from various tables to test database-using SQL for prompted data in UI.
- Participated in System Integration Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Responsible for reporting and tracking the bugs using Application Lifecycle Management (ALM).
- Developed Requirements traceability matrix to relate requirements to Test cases
Environment: HP QC, MS-Excel, MS-PowerPoint, TFS,ACSP, Project Central, ALM, MS Office, SQL, Agile, Rally, Java, XML, SoapUI, VB Script, SOA.
Confidential Dallas, Texas
- Involved in the review and analysis of Business design summary and Use case document.
- Created test plans (along with lead QA) based on the functional requirements and software specification document.
- Worked as a QA member in fast-paced agile environment.
- Created Test cases by reviewing the use cases for specific functional requirements.
- Exported the written Test Scripts in Excel to Quality Center.
- Provided expertise in the Oracle Retail space, specifically in the Retail Merchandise System (ORMS) and Retail Invoice Matching (ReIM).
- Designed the integration with RMS, the system of record for pricing.
- Executed the Test cases using Defect Tracking Tools HPQC
- Conducted manual testing and Test Execution Matrix for checking integration, regression, functionality, security, and system performance testing during the various phases of the development for route optimization, scheduling and planning client application.
- Documented the completion of each test condition in the HPQC script Repository and verified actual results against expected results for discrepancies
- Reported and tracked defects through HPQC
- Extensively worked on SQL queries using DDL, DML commands and performed backend testing.
- Identified software defects and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Attended weekly meetings and walkthroughs for project updates.
- During various phases of the Testing life cycle and configuration setup for each monthly and project release. Developed Test cases from Test plans; detailed specifications, test data setup, Testing and reporting.
- Executed the End-to-End test cases for all the POS application.
- Responsible to provide inputs from Quality Assurance area to Project Schedule team
Environment: HP-QC, Windows 2008, Perfecto, DB2, TOAD, HTML, ALM,Web logic, .Net, VB Script.
Confidential Houston, Texas
- Created and Executed the Test cases using Defect Tracking Tools Quality Center also utilized to track and manage defect lifecycle.
- Analyzed business processes and participated in Requirements gathering sessions.
- Fully understood Use-Cases and Requirements for creating test cases.
- Maintained requirement tractability (RTM) with test cases in Quality center.
- Performed GUI, Functional, System-Integration and Regression testing.
- Provided detailed functional training to clients pertaining to RMS & ReIM.
- Extensively used SQL for data integrity testing at the backend.
- Database validation including SQL query creation and execution.
- Investigated Software defects and interacted with Analysts to resolve technical issues. Performed extensive data analysis.
- Analyzed functional specifications for enhancement of existing functionality.
- Extensively worked on HPQC for bug tracking/reporting.
- Conducted Smoke testing on new versions. Troubleshooter network problems in the testing environment.
- Responsible for System Testing, Regression and User Acceptance Testing. Tested User Interface and application functionality.
- Recommended continuous process improvement, maintained QA standards and artifacts.
Environment: Windows 2000, IVR Systems, ASP, HTML, SQL Server 2000, MS-Word, MS-Excel, MS-Project, HPQC.
Confidential, Richardson, TX
- Reviewed and Analyzed Business Requirement Document, Functional Specification Document and Use Cases to draft High Level Test Plan and Test Strategy.
- Involved in adding Requirements, associating Requirements to the test cases, and writing.
- Designed Test Steps/Test Cases by deriving various scenarios from Functional specification.
- Executed Manual test cases and verified results with expected results.
- Performed Regression and functionality testing against new builds using Quality Center
- Generated Reports and documents for the entire Test Process and Test Results using Quality Center.
- Involved in EDI to increase the communications with suppliers and their customers Purchase orders (EDI-850) go right into the sales system of the vendor.
- Ensured tractability back to requirements via test cases
- Analyzed the functional requirements of the application and developed Test strategy for the application
- Worked as back end tester created manual test cases in Quality Center (QC)/ ALM.
ENVIRONMENT: UNIX, HPQC, MS Share point, TOAD, QTP, EDI, WINSCP, Putty, ALM, SOAP and Oracle CC.