- More than fifteen years of working experience in system integration, software quality assurance, network deployment, technical support and datacenter operation in IT industry
- Highly experienced in defining test strategy, creating test plan, building test environment and developing test automation tools, executing test cases, analyzing test results for functional, performance and stress test on broad based products from Internet of Things (IoT) controllers and peripherals, consumer and service provider gateways, video bridge, datacenter networking devices to intelligent middleware for cloud computing.
- Highly experienced in functional test, protocol test, stress/performance test, QoS, security test and throughput measurement by leveraging a variety of network and security test tools such as Ixia chassis, IxChariot, IxLoad, IxNetwork, IxVoice, Codenomicon, Tenable Nessus, OpenSSL, CSDL, NMAP, etc.
- Multi - year working experience in operating and troubleshooting on various networking devices such as Cisco 2600/3560/6015/6500/7200, Nortel Passport and Extreme switches/routers, Cisco/Nortel/F5 load balancer devices. Cisco PIX and CheckPoint firewalls, IDS, etc.
- Highly experienced on the deployment, upgrade and maintenance of datacenter applications, including IBM Tivoli, Apache/Tomcat Web server, Websphere and Weblogic application server, VM Ware and other J2EE applications.
- Very knowledgeable on IP communication architectures, network protocols and security implementations such as TCP/IP, ATM, Frame Relay, MPLS, VRRP, NAT, WiFi, WMM, VLAN, IPSec, VPN, TLS/SSL certificate, PKI management, SNMP, ICMP, IGMP, SIP, RIP, HTTP/HTTPS and PPPoE, etc.
- Highly experienced in testing TR-069, TR-098, TR-104, TR-111, TR-157, etc CWMP protocols on service provider gateways, and security/home automation products by using cloud based multi-vendor remote management systems and CDRouter automation suite.
- Very familiar with Oracle DB and IBM DB2, Java, JVM, OSGi, C and MATLAB.
- Excellent operating system skills, including UNIX (Solaris, AIX, HP-UX), Linux, FreeBSD, Windows, Android, MAC iOS, Cisco IOS, VM Ware, etc.
- Multi-year working experience in data center deployment, operation, troubleshooting, system migration and technical support.
- Very productive and accountable team player with excellent communication, troubleshooting and problem solving skills.
Senior Software/QA Engineer
Confidential, El Segundo, CA
- Responsible for system testing on a broad range of consumer, service provider and Internet of Things (IoT) products such as digital life home security platform, home automation controller, GigE and xDSL home gateways, 3G mobile routers, video bridge and IP set-top box. The tested features cover from data, voice, video, wireless, security, throughput to IPCam, motion sensors, smoke detector, door sensors, smart power switch, Zwave, HomePlugAV peripherals and TR-069 CWMP protocols, OSGi, cloud based remote management systems running on Linux, Solaris platforms and VMWare virtual environment.
- Design, set up and administrate complex network infrastructure and test environment with a variety of network protocols and the latest technologies used, which include TCP/UDP, TLS/SSL, PKI management, VPN, IPSec, XMPP, SOAP, XML, REST, PPPoE, HTTP/HTTPS, xDSL, NAT, VLAN, RIP, VoIP, SIP, HTML, ATM, ICMP, IGMP, etc. Automate stress, performance and regression test cases through CDRouter, iTest, Jenkins, Selenium, Graphite framework running Python, Kiwi and bash, etc scripting languages.
- Test lead for digital life project which involved in defining test strategy, prioritizing test suite, managing defects and coordinating test activities across multiple global sites.
- Actively interact with internal development teams, external customers to drive for the solution to a variety of technical challenges. Provide real time technical support to our customers for any field issues. Execute Agile methodology in the software development
Senior QA Engineer
Confidential, Calabasas, CA
- Conducted performance and scalability test that includes defining test strategy, creating and implementing test cases, tracking defects on Ixia application such as IxNetwork, IxLoad IxVoice and IxChariot etc. The application emulates multiple network protocols such as L2/L3 VPN, IP Multicast, MPLS, VPLS, BGP, RIP and OSPF protocols, etc.
Senior System Engineer
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Worked on system integration on broadband network management system running TR-069 protocol to manage millions of multi-vendor broadband gateways with Wi-Fi, Firewall, IPSec and L3 routing capable. Created and implemented system integration test plan and test cases to ensure high quality products being delivered to our customers.
- Designed, set up and maintained our complex lab infrastructure that includes Solaris/Linux/Windows operating systems, HTTP/HTTPS, TFTP, DNS, DHCP Radius servers, CrossBeam/CheckPoint VPN Firewalls, IDS intrusion detect, etc, Cisco CSS Load Balancer.
- The applications include Veritas high availability cluster, BEA WebLogic, Netegrity Single Sign-On SiteMinder, and Oracle DB, EMC storage, etc.
- Provided daily technical support in production environment and service provider data center in the area of SiteMinder, Firewall and Cisco Load Balancer. Coordinated daily activities between internal teams and external vendors.
Staff Software Engineer
- Participated in the component verification and system integration testing on Tivoli Intelligent Orchestrator, Tivoli Provisioning Manager, IBM Websphere, Tivoli Directory Server (LDAP), Tivoli Access/Identity Manager, Tivoli NetView, DB2/SQL database, etc which leverage on J2EE, SOAP, XML, WSDL to provide on-demand IT solution to cope with dynamic resource requirement in IT environment.
- Deeply involved in the automation workflows development and system test for Cisco, Nortel, F5 networking devices, Sun and IBM enterprise servers, CheckPoint firewall, high availability clusters, patch management and virtualization.
- The tools being used are WSAD and Eclipse, Rational PureCoverage, Rational Test Manager and Rational ClearQuest, etc.
- Designed, set up, supported and troubleshoot test environment for QA and developer teams. The test lab includes Sun, Linux and AIX enterprise servers, Cisco/CheckPoint firewalls, Nortel/Cisco/Extreme switches/routers, Cisco/Nortel/F5 load balancers. Documented and maintained Standard Operation Procedures for the lab. Provided technical training to other team members.
- Worked on secure channel project that provides a large set of datacenter network infrastructures and IT services to the Government of Canada.
- The tasks include Network management and real time monitoring, system/application administration, network problem escalation on a 7x24 basis in the production datacenter with hundreds of servers and network devices deployed.
- The supported and administrated network devices, servers and applications are Cisco 3560 routers and Catalyst 6500 switches, Sun, IBM, HP enterprise severs running Solaris, AIX, HP-UX and Windows operating systems, Tivoli NetView, TEC, TME, TSM, WebSphere, Oracle DB, Checkpoint Firewall, Legato Networker storage, Cisco Secure Policy Manager, etc.
- Developed automation tools for real time monitoring on application servers and critical production data backup and storage.
- Proactively created and documented standard procedures for production datacenter maintenance and troubleshooting
- Created and implemented system integration strategies and test plans for Passport portfolio such as Passport 6k/7k/8k. The involved applications and features include OSPM, PPMM, HP OpenView, Tivoli Netview, VPN Manager, IP Tunneling, fault management, ATM/Voice/Frame Relay end-to-end services running on multiple platforms (e.g. Solaris, HP-UX, AIX, Windows). The tested protocols ranges from TCP/IP, ATM, Frame Relay, X25, VNS, VPN/IPSec, VRRP to SNMP and RIP, etc.
- Responsible for design, setup, maintenance and troubleshooting of WAN/LAN labs for development and verification teams.
- Independently developed and conducted various system integrations in the areas of path analysis, alarm and subscribe management together with multi-vendor interoperability, stress and performance testing. The integrated applications and systems are NMS, EMS and ATM broadband switches.