- To build robust quality engineering process for complex software applications.
- Mentor and develop a quality engineering culture among peers using 7+ years of experience.
- Build frameworks that support manual and automation testing. Propose business solutions based on Travel, Banking and Finance, Healthcare domain experiences
- Experience in implementing testing across all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in Analysis, Design, Coding, Module Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing. working experience as a Business Analyst helping documentation of Business and Software Requirement Specifications
- Experience in different Testing Methodology like Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Familiar with all agile ceremonies and responsibilities
- Analysis and maintaining of 5000+ automated test scripts using Finesse.
- Proficient in analyzing system requirements, business requirements, use cases and other documents to gain overall understanding of the application.
- Well versed in preparation of Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Test Scripts and Defect Reports.
- Experience in testing web applications using API, SOPU UI, REST, XML, HTML protocols.
- Experienced in Defect Management, including analyzing and reporting Defects/bugs using HP Quality Center (QC)/HP ALM, escalating high priority defects, and interacting with developers and team members in fixing bugs, and validating the fixes.
- Experienced in preparing automation script using VB Script for UFT/QTP.
- Experience in developing frameworks using Selenium in conjunction with Java, JUnit and TestNG, Grid, Selenium web - driver.
- Creating and maintaining VB Scripts for QTP automation testing, parameterization, checkpoints, data validation, data-driven and keyword driven testing, object repository.
- Excellent experience in mobile app testing using Perfecto mobile, device anywhere .
- Involved in designing and maintaining Requirements Traceability Matrix.
- Experience in test design, defect tracking and management, and test reporting.
- Diverse work experience on functional testing, integration testing, GUI testing, system testing, Regression testing, database testing, End to End testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and compatibility testing.
- Experience in Bug/Defect tracking tools like Quality Center and JIRA.
- Proficient in writing complex SQL queries to extract data from various source tables to perform database testing.
- Experience in analyzing the bugs and interacting with developers and team members in fixing the defects.
- Experience in different database like SQL Server, Oracle and MS-Access
Project Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall, V - Model
Languages: VB Script, HTML, XML Java OOPs concept
Databases: MS SQL, SQL
QA and Other Tools: Fitnesse, Selenium SOAPUI Versionone, Quick Test Pro/UFT, MicrosoftTFS, IntelliJ IDE, Eclipse IDE,TOAD, TestNG,JUnit
Code Management: Git,Bitbucket,Maven
Operating Systems: Windows XP/2000.
Software Testing: Unit, Functional, Integration, Regression, User Acceptance Testing, Block box testing. Box Testing, Smoke test.
Confidential, Saber, South Lake
Senior QA Analyst
- Work with business analysts and requirements team for finalizing scope of story.
- Participate in planning and directing quality assurance schedules and assignments, and monitoring project status.
- Develop and executed various scripts using Fitnesse, Junit, Selenium web-driver for automated testing of various functionalities.
- Close coordination with BA and all the Business Team to gather the requirements and Design, Develop and execute the each and every key functionality of crew manager Software.
- Analysis and maintaining of 5000+ automated test scripts using Fitnesse.
- Defect tracking and metrics using JIRA
- Create branches for each story and make scripts ready for the final execution before Dev code is ready in to the branch.
- Coordinated multiple teams across Bangalore and Krakow for the testing activities.
- Agile methodology and work in a fast paced environment in 2 week iteration cycle and stories tracked through VersionOne.
- Identify software defects and interact with developers to resolve them.
- Created a FFT Suite before end of each release and participated in regression testing and opened the defects in JIRA, Rally and retested the same defect once the developer fix the issue.
- Involved and responsible for creating weekly status reports regarding the progress of testing process.
- Worked closely with functional testing team in Krakow Poland during development phase of each release.
- Participating in the Retro meetings and discussed feedback of that release with scrum team.
- Coordinated with rules team and delivery team in Bangalore and finish the rework after the check points with clients
Environment: Fitnesse frameworks, Version one, GIT, IntelliJ IDE, JAVA, TeamCity, BubBuckt, Eclipse, Tad, Rally, JIRA, ALM, TestComplete, Crucible
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyze the Business Requirements and specification.
- Attend daily standup meetings using Agile Methodology and report the status to SCRUM master.
- Involved in performing Smoke Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Regression Testing, Post Prod Testing of the application.
- Prepared and executed manual test scenarios and test cases based on business and functional requirements and Automated identified test cases using Quick Test Professional.
- Creating Automation Scripts (VBScript) in the sprints and stored them in the Test-Plan module of Quality Center.
- Worked with three mobile applications simultaneously: iOS, Android and WP7
- Involved in querying using SQL and updating records and validate database records as expected
- Created manual test cases from Use cases, Functional specs and other requirement documents.
- Involved in the automation of the application using QTP/UFT.
- Involved in testing online trading and mobile banking applications.
- Entered business and functional requirements into the Quality Center Requirements Repository.
- Responsible for writing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Test Cases, and executing test cases.
- Performed browser compatibility and configuration testing on various operating systems such as Blackberry OS, Android OS, and IOS etc.
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual and automation testing. Defects are raised in the HP Quality Center/HP ALM for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Writing SQL queries to test database for retrieving and inserting data.
- Prepared and executed various test scripts in QTP/UFT
- Interfaced with Business Analysts, developers to resolve technical issues and investigated software faults.
- Tested the UI of the end product on mobile, PC, Android and Apple (iPhone, iPad) platforms to ensure that language translation and Currency conversions were displaying as required
- Enhancing the QTP scripts by doing unit testing on the scripts before creating scenario based tests in Test-Lab Module of Quality Center
- Participated in meetings with developers to discuss enhancements and modifications.
- Involved deploying code to Production environment
- Analyzed, reported and tracked defects through Quality Center.
- Involved to create function Libraries using VB Script and load them as Resource Files.
- Responsible to follow up the production issues with offshore team.
- Developed Positive and Negative test cases and executed manual test cases using Quality Center.
- Responsible to develop and run the QTP Regression Testing scripts on every prod releases.
- Worked closely with development and testing teams to accomplish timely release objectives.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, QTP, DB2, XML, UNIX, SQL, C++, J2EE, IOS, Blackberry OS, Android OS, iPhone, iPad, Win8 tablet, WP 7, Device Anywhere, perfecto mobile, Android SDK, Windows Mobile SDK, etc.
Confidential, Frisco, TX
- Work in the Agile development environment and participated on standup and retrospective meetings.
- Designed use cases and prototypes for an internal software web based application.
- Interacted with Customers, Business Analyst, Project manager and gathered and Reviewed the Business Requirements, Software Requirement Specification, Design (HLD's, LLD's), System Testing and Maintenance documents
- Prepared Test Requirements, Test Planning, Test Designing, Test Analysis, Test Execution, Defect Tracking and Test Results
- Delivered traceability of requirements and defects along with implementing these requirements using SQL and create defects Involved in Backend testing.
- Set up definitions and process for scoping, document test cases, and test phases including product test, integration test, system test and User Acceptance Test (UAT).
- Prepared and tested the system functional and non-functional requirements and created test cases to ensure overall quality
- Involved in performing different types of Testing Unit, Integration, Functional, Non-functional, Regression, Data Driven and Validation Testing
- Tested the billing systems operations
- Used HP Quality Center to create Business Components, write test cases, execute tests, log, assign and track defects
- Developed Test scripts, established the base line and verified with actual results
- Involved in Backend Database Testing. (Stored Procedures, Triggers, Constraints, Joins and Select queries)
- Tested the content retrieved on various windows against the database tables to make sure that the process retrieved all the data it is supposed to
- Identified, analyzed and documented all defects and operational characteristics that are inconsistent with stated requirements and design specifications by providing meaningful defect reports within the defect tracking system
- Performed System testing in different browsers like IE, Mozilla Fire fox and Safari
- Prepared the Final Test Summary Report and Requirements traceability matrix to ensure appropriate level of test coverage
- Interacted with developers to resolve application defects.
Environment: UNIX, SQL , Oracle, J2EE, Java, JSP, .NET, Web Services, Oracle Quality Center , Agile methodology, vb script
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Participated in developing test plan and setting up test environment Participated in JAD session.
- Developed manual test process using HPALM to create reusable scripts for Regression testing
- Used Quality Center to develop Test cases, Test scripts and logging the Defects.
- Prepared traceability matrix
- Functioned as Subject Matter Expert ( SME ) for the Policy Decisions component
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- Involved in Unit testing, System testing, User Acceptance Testing, UI testing and Regression Testing
- Involved in Backend Testing On Oracle8i.
- Carried out GUI testing: tested the screen navigation, graphics and hyperlinks to make sure that these are established as the requirements obligated.
- Reported tracked defects with reference to severity and types using Quality Center . Involved in weekly walkthrough and inspection meetings to verify the status of Testing
- Conducted formal team review meetings & produced daily progress report to Project Managers.
- Interacted with Developers, Project Manager and Team Lead for Fixes the Defect.
- Documented the Bug Report and Categorized them based on severity.
- Validated various operations in web services and tested the request/response.
- Wrote test cases and test suite for testing core and additional insurance services such as Policy Service, Premium Service, Verification Services etc.
Environment: Quality Center, HPALM, SQL Server 2005, Altova XML Spy, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook.