Software Design Engineer in Test (SDET), BI ETL QA Engineer, and QA Analyst
- 10+ years of solid working experiences on planning, implementing, and testing software systems.
- 7+ years in business intelligence (BI), 7+ years Test automation, 2 year Hadoop Hive, 2 year Teradata Database, 1 year AWS, 1+ years in MS Big Data infrastructure, 1+ years in paid - search click fraudulence detection, 3+ years HP ALM. Fraud detection.
- Very Strong in ETL/BI/Data warehouse testing for acquisition/Integration/Distribution/presentation layers.
- Strong Healthcare BI QA knowledge.
- Very strong in testing methodologies: white/black box testing; Confidential ; integration testing, end-to-end testing and user acceptance testing (UAT) and performance testing.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Self-motivated hard-working team player, excellent management & communication skills, and quick learner.
In depth knowledge: software test theory and test methodology, strong in QA policy and test planning.
Strong knowledge: Test data warehousing, ETL, SSAS, OLAP Cube, SQL Server.
Highly proficient: AWS cloud testing (REST API, Lambda). Very Strong knowledge of Hadoop Hive.
Very strong knowledge of RDBMS: Teradata, Netezza, SQL Server, DB2, and Confidential .
Very strong in Agile/Scrum & CICD tools: GITHUB, Stash, Confluence, Jenkins, Control-M, StoneBranch.
Strong knowledge: MS COSMOS and processing COSMOS data in SQL Server.
Highly proficient: Test Automation in JAVA, C#, Selenium, TestNG
Highly proficient in MS Tools: TFS, Confidential, HP ALM, HP Quality Center, WinSQL, Congnos, Testrail.
Software Engineer in Test
- Created QA Processes (mainly Confidential ) over engineering team, and push team members to follow, it is for test process without QA, raised the quality bar of whole team.
- Coordinated QA work and organize war room on AWS big data job monitoring project over teams, improved product quality. Also automate API test; automate Web UI by using Selenium.
- Developed big-data and Teradata (TPT, BTQ, TDCH) data warehouse Loading, Backup, and Monitoring frameworks; developing test automation framework to automate tests .
- Improving CICD processes by develop Jenkins jobs of the Teradata frameworks .
- Improved my data analyst skills by performed data analyzing for a SAP BO data loading for ETL processes to generate report, and using Stonebranch to automate the process.
- Performed TDCH (loading data from Hive to Teradata) system upgrading testing, Teradata upgrading testing. Improved traceability of the complex system upgrading process by using TestRail.
Software Test Engineer
- Significantly improved the test automation rate by owning, architected and developed automation test tool for ETL, in C# and JAVA, which run multiple queries and results comparison.
- Delivering multiple Healthcare BI and reporting projects by testing efficiently: 1), National Benchmark for Healthcare (BHI) BI data exchange; 2), Integrated Healthcare System; 3), Blue Distinction Total Care; 4), Insight Analyzer (Verisk Cube for Premera); 4), Insight Reporter, 5), BI Health care data Migration from PRISM to CUE, and 6), BHI reports.
- Innovated test methods for healthcare BI projects by standardizing test process, creating multiple QA report templates, and importing third party tool, MotioPI, to test Cognos reports.
- Playing Leading roles in QA works by directing peer QA and training and supervising contractors.
- Owned migrating test infrastructure of a BI Forecast & Budget project from SINCERA to TCF & MAT framework within limited time:
- Analyzed business and technical requirements and developed test plan and test cases;
- Migrated tests from old project to new infrastructure and troubleshooting 500+ issues;
- Wrote automation code for 200+ new test cases to test new features in C# and SQL, to handle data from multiple sources integrated to enterprise data warehouse.
- Owned QA for a database application health monitoring tool, improve the quality bar by composing a comprehensive test plan, and by developing a brand new tool automated huge amount of test cases.
- Improved the quality of Data warehousing Projects METaL by find testing coverage holes.
- Owned QA work on Bing Ads paid-search click fraudulence detection, based on MS Big Data infrastructure (COSMOS).
- Standardized the test reporting process by implementing SSAS QA Fraud cube by extracting Bing Ads Big data in COSMOS and presenting results in Excel.
- Developed Automated Tools for Confidential BI Fraud Pipeline testing processes (testing click fraudulence detection ) to handle big data upon COSMOS by Map Reduce, in C# and COSMOS .
- Automated testing in Confidential for Windows Media Server (WMS) and Remote Desktop (MSTSC) of two Windows Server: Windows Server 2003, Windows Server 2008. Developed C# tools for Automating WMS testing to m maintain the WMS.
- Migrated automation tool for WMS and Remote Desktop from Confidential to TERRA testing infrastructure.
Confidential, Redmond, WA
- Drove the testing of Confidential Server 2009 for various tools: Project System, Flat File Wizard, Web Service Publishing/consuming Wizard. Keeping the complex Server high quality by writing comprehensive test plan, and automating huge amount of test cases in C#. Testing globalization & localization for multiple languages is spotlight.
- Improved the test infrastructure (built upon MITA) for Confidential Server by adding the model to test new Confidential Server 2009 features and improve the efficiency.
- Implemented test codes and infrastructure, which is built upon MAUI, for the Quadrant features, and kept delivering high quality tools of the project. Executed testing efficiently by automating the test cases of various Quadrant features, as well as manually testing.
Confidential, Montreal, CA
- Took training: testing theory; Mercury test tools: Test Director, Quick Test Pro, Win Runner.
Software QA Engineer, Java Developer
Confidential, Montreal, CA
- Updated the test design specification, created test cases, set-up test, ran testing.
- Developed automation tool for the testing of OMT: Verified a data population tool and designed the tool to verify testing results.
- Developed OMT Config Assistant tool: Config Wizard & Updater, designed and implemented in Java. The tool connects to servers: Confidential OCS, GroupWise, Lotus Notes, and Exchange server.
- Implemented Migration Report Sender: performed coding and testing. The tool can get the mail body from an XML file, define the mail body format, and send the report.
- Designed and implemented hydrometric data collecting & processing system in VB6.
- Derived math model, designed and implemented reservoir deposition models in VC++; verified the model by applying real observed data.
- Designed, implemented and tested water resources info project in Java.