- Have 8+ years of experience as a QA engineer in software industry with proficiency in both manual and automation testing on Web Based Applications and Web Services.
- Have knowledge of different Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) like Agile & Water - fall.
- Developed Test Plan, Test case, Test Scripts based on the Business Requirement and Functional Specification Document.
- Expertise in automating the software-testing environment with open-source tools like Selenium IDE, WebDriver and Firebug.
- Expertise in automating Restful API Services using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG and Apache POI and manually testing Restful API Services using Postman.
- Experience in writing and modifying TestNG/ JUnit test cases.
- Proficient with all levels of testing including Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Data Driven Testing & User Acceptance Testing using Cucumber tool.
- Developed/maintained Test Cases, Black Box testing, Defect Tracking and Reporting for both Manual and Automated Test environments.
- Extensive use of the defect-tracking tool like Rally/JIRA.
- Used GitHub for version control of testing files and also used Jenkins to create and run jobs.
- Practical knowledge of writing SQL Queries.
- Proficient in using Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Excellent communication and project management skills.
- Multiple complex tasks handling and excellence in self-audit work.
- Well-developed interpersonal skills with demonstrated ability to effectively interact with all levels within and outside of the organization.
Testing Tools: Selenium2.0 (IDE/ Web Driver), Postman, Quality Center, JUNIT, TestNG Firebug, Apache POI, Cucumber, Apache http Client, JAXB, JACKSON
Dev. Methodologies: Agile Scrum, Waterfall
Bug Tracking Tools: Quality Center, Bugzilla, Rally, JIRA
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, TOAD, MS SQL Server 2008/2012
IDEs: Postman, Eclipse, TOAD
Operating Systems: MAC, UNIX, Linux, Windows
Misc. Tools: Maven Build tool, Jenkins CI and Git version control tool
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Senior QA Engineer
- Analyzed Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Technical Specification and Functional Specification Documents for developing manual test cases.
- Performed system analysis and understood the deliverables within SDLC using agile methodology
- Designed and analyzed Test cases based on the Functional Requirement Specifications to implement through testing process.
- Used Firebug to identify element locator.
- Participated in Smoke testing for functional use cases.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing Automated Test Framework using Selenium Web driver and TestNG.
- Automated Regression Tests using Selenium to run on every release.
- Extensively used Selenium (HTML Id, Xpath locator) to test the web application.
- Automated Web Services using Apache HTTP Client, TestNG, JAXB, JACKSON, Log4j and Apache POI, Postman.
- Involved in Web Service/ API manually testing through RestAPI using Postman tool.
- Tracked and logged defects in Rally and coordinated meetings with developers for bug fixing and problem resolution.
- Executed SQL queries to fetch data from database to verify the results.
- Used Github for creating the version controlling
- Defect logging, maintenance and tracking for closure after re-testing of defect fix.
- Review of the test cases and test results documents prepared and tested by offshore team.
- Supported the development Team to fix the bugs by providing the necessary details of bugs and their Scenario.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, Eclipse, Java, Cucumber, TestNG, Apache POI, XPath, Firebug, Firepath, Agile, Maven, Jenkins, Rally, REST API, Apache HTTP Client, JSON, XML, Jackson, JAXB, Postman, Rally, Oracle, Quality Center, HTML, Java Script, CSS, UNIX, SQL, TOAD.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Analyzed Software Requirement Specifications (SRS), Technical Specification and Functional specification Documents for developing manual test cases.
- Involved in analyzing Business requirements, specifications and development of Test Cases and executing & reviewing them.
- Prepared Smoke, Functional, and Regression Testing.
- Worked on Data Driven framework for functional automation using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Java.
- Prepared test groups and test suites of Test Cases for different functionality tests and published reports using Maven.
- Developed TestNG tests for each Java based API in the Project and verified functionality by matching expected and actual output values.
- Validated the Web Services (REST), both Request and Response messages using SOAP UI.
- Involved in creating XPATH, inserting different types of Assertions to check the quality of services.
- Used GIT as a version control tool.
- Collected feedback on Run Failures and reported bugs to Engineers in the product development team.
- Reported and tracked the bugs to closure using JIRA.
- Participated in Walkthroughs and Defect report meetings periodically.
Environment: Agile, Java, Java Script, Selenium, Firebug, Firepath, JXL, Page Object Model, Apache HTTP Client, TESTNG, XML, Log4j, TestNG, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL, Linux, JIRA, Windows
- Responsible for analyzing business requirements, functional documents and preparation of Testing Test plan.
- Responsible for maintaining and developing Automated Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver and JUnit.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called Postman.
- Performing functional, regression, system, integration and database testing.
- Participated in test planning meetings and submitted test case Status during the meetings.
Environment: Agile, Selenium Web Driver, Quality Center, Test Director, MS Office, Java, SQL, HTML, VBScript, SQL Server, Windows, Oracle, TestNG, Eclipse IDE, Quality Center, JIRA, GIT.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
- Designed, developed and executed manual/automated test cases based on test plan and the Functional Requirements Document.
- Conducted thorough Smoke, Functional, Regression, Integration and System Testing on the product tracking application.
- Reported various defects in user-friendly format using QC as a test management tool and defect-tracking tool.
- Developing Manual Test Scenarios and Test cases based on the functionality of individual screens, overall system flow, and Field validation including positive and negative scenarios
- Training new team members for automation using Selenium Web Driver
- Designed and developed test structure for web services to validate API calls using Advanced Chrome.
- Created positive and negative test cases by using valid and invalid data.
Environment: Agile, Selenium, QC, Test Director, Java, SQL, HTML, VBScript, SQL Server, Windows, Oracle, MS Office, SQL Server 2008, Oracle 10g, Quality center 8.2, JUnit.
Confidential, Portland, OR
- Worked as a J2EE Developer and responsible for design, development, test solutions using J2EE technologies and Object Oriented Concepts.
- Interacted with Architecture team to understand the product functionality and usage scenarios.
- Implemented data access objects to store data collected through Digitization in MySQL database using JDBC and SQL.
- Followed best practices and implemented various J2EE patterns.
- Created Test cases and performed Unit Testing using JUnit.
- Validator Framework to validate the user data on the browser.