- Around 7+ years of experience in Manual and Automated QA testing of Client/Server and Web applications.
- Experienced Software Quality Assurance and Defect Life Cycle.
- Strong knowledge of different phases of Software Testing and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Quality Assurance, iterative and agile (Scrum).
- Experience in Web based testing including GUI Testing, Regression Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, Performance Testing, Stress Testing, Functional Testing and Unit Testing.
- Expertise in running Test Scripts from Quality Center/ Test Director on different hosts.
- Excellent skills in understanding technical & functional requirements, translating requirements to test scenarios, test scripts, building test cases, execution of the test scenarios, documentation of issues, bugs and findings.
- Extensive experience in handling user acceptance testing, End to End testing, System testing, Component, Regression, Functional, Interface testing, Smoke testing, black box, Integration testing & Back - end testing.
- Strong skill in Backend Testing using SQL queries on Oracle and SQL Server
- Identify project risks and work with PMO to document, evaluate, assess, and respond to the risk assessment of test.
- Extensive experience in Java. Used java and Selenium Web driver to write automation test scripts and executed the same.
- Strong Experience in Java Programming, Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and TestNG.
- Created automated Test scripts using automated tools and ran the test scripts on various Builds and instances.
- Hands on experience working on ERP Applications like SAP and Oracle Apps
- Experience in setting up, configuring, and maintaining automated testing environments
- Proficient in Data Validation, Functional, Integration, Validation, Performance, Stress, Load, Browser Compatibility and Mobile testing.
- Exposure to different operating systems like Windows 95/98/2000/NT-XP-Vista,7, UNIX Utilities and Mac OS.
- Experience testing multiple Mobile devices including iPhone, Android, Windows platforms
- Contributed to the initial design of project test planning, test cases creation and estimates and test strategies while working closely with clients and cross functional teams
- Extensive experience with product test cycle from test requirements planning to development of complex test scripts, execution of test cases, including issue tracking, debugging and analysis for both manual and automated testing methods
- Experience in working on offshore and onsite model
- Experience leading and mentoring QA Team
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Good at multi-tasking and working well under tight deadlines with high efficiency.
- Expertise in analyzing User Requirements, Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Excellent troubleshooting, project management and problem solving skills.
TOOLS & TECHNOLOGIES:
Testing Technologies: Test Cases, Plans & Scripts, Defect & Bug discovery, System & Unit testing
Testing Tools: Manual, Quality Center, Selenium Web Driver, TestRail, Jira, Appium, JIRA
Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project, Access, InfoPath, Outlook
Acceptance Testing: Regression Testing, Load Testing, Tracking, Logging & Reporting, Issue Identification & Documentation
Methodologies: Quality Assurance, Waterfall, Agile, Scrum
Databases: MS - Access, SQL Server 2000, SQL 2005, Oracle 9i, Oracle 10g, DB2, Sybase
Confidential, West Des Moines, IA
- Analyzed business requirements, system requirement specifications, and responsible for documenting functional requirements and supplementary requirements in Quality Center/Test Director
- Performed Integration, System, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM Process for the product development.
- Performed testing on multiple Sprints. Participate in Daily standup SCRUM meetings, Sprint Planning Sessions, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective Sessions.
- Involved in developing detailed test plan, test cases and test scripts using Quality Center for Functional, Security and Regression Testing.
- Identified & organized the overall plan for test data, strategy and also identify the Scope of testing within the context of each Sprint.
- Supported UAT team by providing the required data, Documents and helped them understand different test scenarios.
- Involved in Automation Infrastructure Development using Selenium.
- Created Test Cases Using Element locators and Selenium Webdriver methods.
- Enhanced Test cases using Java programming features and TestNG Annotations.
- Involved in Regression Testing using Selenium
- Execution of Selenium Test cases and Reporting defects.
- Design and execute the Test Plans and Test cases using User Stories/Business requirements. Performed Sprint level testing, Functional, Systems Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Created Test Cases and developed Tractability Matrix and Test Coverage reports
- Prepared and provided status summary reports to the management on system status, system changes, problems and potential impacts
- Interacted with developers, Business & Management Teams and End Users
- Worked on different LOB’s (Inland Marine, Crime, and Property) and Auto products using Guidewire Application.
- Created and executed automated test cases with Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit
- Experienced in Guidewire Policy Center and Billing Center.
- Performed Data driven test for multiple scenarios with different sets of data.
- Used Quality Center, JIRA and Rally to track and report system defects and bug fixes.
- Wrote modification requests for the bugs in the application and helped developers to track and resolve the problems.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members. Used MS-Word for documentation.
- Involved in other test planning meetings and submitted test metrics daily to the management.
- Created automated scripts by including timers for recording response times, and test checks for confirming the retrieval of the correct page.
Environment: SOAP UI, Selenium Webdriver, API, Rally, JIRA, Guidewire Policy center Java, Java Script, Oracle 11g, HP ALM.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Created functional test cases and prepared test data using Functional specification, Development and effective QA implementation using QC.
- Defined, implemented, and maintained Test plans for the end-to-end suite service from Video Capture, Video Ingestion, publishing, syndication, distribution to monetization
- Led testers during network migration of a live production multi-tier website and distributed video player system which went live on time and without service interruption
- Wrote and executed test plans for Flash based online streaming video editing tool and custom video player, exception reporting and player reporting
- Coordinated with offshore development and QA team to assure quality and consistency of overall product line, both client-facing and in-house application
- Trained in-house personnel and marketing staff on products and handled technical training of IT staff in India
- Performed all types of testing including functional, navigational, Browser compatibility testing, adhoc testing, usability, database, and regression testing of the entire application.
- Executed Integration test cases to test API, XML message transfer
- Evaluated, recommended, maintained, and administered issue tracking tool Quality Center
- Provided Functional knowledge expertise for client support team.
- Involved in various testing types like UI Testing, Functional testing, User acceptance testing, Integration testing, Website Testing, and Regression testing on the application
- Created and executed automated test cases with Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, JUnit
- Developed a dynamic framework using Selenium to automate all the test cases in the regression phase
- Created and updated test scenarios, test plans, and test cases in TestRail according to use case and design
- Identified and tracked defects, generated bug reports and submitted test report through JIRA
- Performed various Loop, Path and Conditional Testing using White Box Test Design Technique
- Verified the functionality of various methods related to Unit Testing during Coding Phase
- Planned and executed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) for project delivery
- Documented execution of test cases and processes, debugging steps and observations
Environment: Quality Center, Selenium Web Driver, Java, Oracle Application Server, TestRail, Linux, JIRA, Junit, Eclipse, SQL, Oracle, Website Testing, UAT, Quality Center/ALM
Confidential, Simsbury, CT
- Developed automation test plans, high-level test cases based on business requirement specifications and design documents for smoke test coverage
- Involved in the project team, which focused on testing and dealing with process, tools and best practices. This team also leveraged testing knowledge, technology, methodology and resources across similar projects
- Identified automation scenarios from manual regression scripts and Prepared ROI document
- Created and Modified automation scripts using QTP
- Executed automation script
- Reported automation script status and execution results
- Participated and coordinated test case walkthroughs.
- Created, maintained and executed test scripts from Quality Center.
- Maintained requirements and created traceability between requirements and test cases.
- Supported Smoke, System and E2E tests.
- Involved in Backend testing, Functionality and Security testing.
- Verified data integrity and consistency using SQL queries. Kept control over versions of scripts.
- Coordinate with Business Analysts and Developers to define testing scope
- Followed up with developers on defects status on a daily basis
- Coordinate with Vendor during Defect Triage meetings.
Environment: Windows Xp, PVCS, SQL 2008, Quick Test professional 9.5, Quality Center 10
- Analyzed system requirement and business requirement documents and developed test cases and test scripts.
- Used SQL commands to validate the database and test its integration with the front end
- Performed GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression Testing.
- Execution of manual test cases and responsible to track and log the defects using Quality Center.
- Interacted with developers to sort out the issues and the defects.
- Performed data driven testing and GUI Check Points using QTP and enhanced the overall functionality of the application.
- Written reusable VBScript functions and accessed them from the library files which are stored in the Quality Center
- Developed automated regression scripts using Quick Test Professional utilizing VBScript scripting for both positive and negative boundary conditions.
- Created and executed scenarios in Load Runner controller to analyze system performance in Load Runner Analyzer under load.
- Used rendezvous concept of Load Runner to generate peak load onto the server thereby stressing it, and measuring its performance.
- Attended the Review meetings and walkthroughs and interacted to Business Analysts and Developers for defects solving.
- Used Selenium IDE for Open source web testing
- Used Mercury Quality Center for Defect Reporting, Analyzing, Tracking and Report Generation.
- Performed Regression testing by executing QTP scripts on the new build.
- Performed Integration, System, UAT and Usability Testing.
Environment: QTP 9.5, Load Runner, Oracle , HP Quality Center 9.5, Net, ADO.Net, ASP.Net, VB, ASP, C #, IIS, Windows XP, Clear Case, Clear Quest, HTML and SQL
- Analyzed the Business Requirements document and have written Test Cases.
- Analyzed the Test plan, which detailed the testing scope, strategy, test requirements, and necessary resources.
- Ensure traceability of test cases back to the Business requirements.
- Conditioning data available from the repository as per the front end of the application under test.
- Responsible in developing Test Cases with Test Director. Used Test Director as Test Management Tool.
- Involved in Manual testing using Test Director to develop test cases, test scripts, executing the scripts and logging the defects.
- Involved in Functional, Regression, Performance and User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed User Acceptance Test on the application by interacting with the end-users.
- Provide a weekly project report that includes testing metrics and status reports.
- Extensively used SQL scripts/queries for data verification at the backend.
- Reported bugs and interacted with developers to resolve the problems.
Environment: Test Director 7.5, JDKL3, DB2, C++, .NET, SQL Server 2000, Win NT 4.0/2000