- About 7+ years’ experience as a Software QA Analyst/Engineer. Worked in all phases of software development life cycle (SDLC), includes Implementation, Documentation, Testing on internet based e - business application and Client-Server applications.
- Experience in Writing and Executing the Test cases, analyzing the Test results and Defects Tracking.
- Quality Assurance and Software Testing experience involving complex client/server and web based applications. Executing test cases, ad-hoc product testing, reporting bugs and reporting tester status, writing test scripts, test automation using diverse testing tools like Selenium WebDriver.
- Experience in converting manual test cases to selenium to support multiple browser.
- Proficient in System, Functional, Integration, Regression, Progression, Security, Load and Performance testing.
- Design & Develop data driven framework using Selenium WebDriver, TestNg and apache POI api.
- Proficient in Java and have sound knowledge on OOP (Object Oriented Programming) concept like polymorphism, encapsulation.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Hands on experience in testing of Web based and Client/Server Applications.
- Possess strong technical aptitude with strong analytical, problem solving and communication skills
- In depth knowledge of Software development life cycle and testing methodologies.
- An effective communicator, committed team player, quick learner and rapid problem solver with commitment and a strong work ethic and ability to quickly adapt to new environments.
- Understanding of Enterprise and Service Provider markets and market trends
- In-depth knowledge of all QA phases like Manual, Functional, System, Integration, End-to-end, Business Process testing.
- Critical thinker, pragmatic, analytical, problem solver and excellent communicator.
- Proficient in designing, reviewing and documenting system test plans, defining test procedures and creating test cases on the basis of product releases features, client’s requirements and related technical documents.
- Selenium, Quality Center, Version One
Testing Tools: Selenium, Quality Center, Version One
Programming Languages: Java, SQL
Defect Tracking Tools: JIRA, BugZilla, Quality Center
Databases: MS SQL Server 2005/2000 / 7.0/6.5, Oracle 10g/9i, DB2, Sybase
Platform: Windows 7/XP/Win 2k Server, UNIX, Linux, DOS
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Enhanced regression test cases to implement complex testing scenarios, increased permeations of functionality testing, and increased code coverage using Selenium WebDriver.
- Analyze business requirements, functional requirements, use cases and provided feedback for clear understanding of each requirement.
- Analyzing Business requirement specification and System Requirements specification
- Reviewing Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs and test summary reports
- Prepare Test Plans, Test Methodology and Test Case, Test Scripts as per Functional and Business requirement for System/Functional Test Specification.
- Actively involved in Functionality Testing, Smoke Testing, Regression Testing, System Testing, Black Box Testing, Integration Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Ad-Hoc Testing, End-to-End, Black box and database testing.
- Thoroughly Cross browser tested projects to support IE7+, FireFox, Safari, Opera and Chrome.
- Interacts with product management, project management and development teams to develop a strong understanding of the project and testing objectives
- Working in Agile Development and SCRUM process throughout the project
- In addition to Version One also used in our agile shop Test Management, user story integration, and development and testing.
- Participates in troubleshooting and triaging of issues with different teams to drive towards root cause identification and resolution
- Provides support to the production deployment of applications and performed “validation testing” during the off-hours maintenance windows
- Coordinates with team members, developers, test execution team and project managers the proper Defect management strategies and defect tracking in HP ALM
- Converts manual test cases to Selenium script to support multiple browsers using Java, Selenium, and TestNg & Eclipse.
- Designs & Develops automation framework using Selenium Java, WebDriver, TestNg & apache POI
- Implements Object Oriented Concept like Polymorphism, Encapsulation to produce efficiency & scalability in automation Framework
- Writes SQL queries in order in order obtain test reference data, detect data caching issues and ensure data consistency; a large number of defects were detected by performing back end testing in this project
- Experience all types SQL queries like select, insert, update, and delete records.
- Worked with Business Users and Developers to create complete test plan accordingly to the high level project schedule. Done Manual testing for both web and client server applications.
- Developed test scenarios and test cases
- Performed Smoke, GUI, Functional, Regression, System, UAT, Interface, Integration, and Backend Testing.
- Involved in calling test with parameters, creating requirement coverage and importing test cases in the Test Lab of HP Quality Center.
- Created, executed tests; generated the test reports and created graphs using ALM/Quality Center.
- Coordinated as a Quality Center support to ensure efficient services to the team members and the client.
- Prepared Tool Mentor documentation & PowerPoint presentation of Quality Center for the client and for the team members.
- Used Quality Center to communicated defects encountered during Regression Test and followed-up with developers until all issues were resolved.
- Involved in writing SQL queries for Backend Testing and to verify the database changes.
- Developed complex SQL Queries in TOAD to perform backend data validation testing against Oracle database
- Executed different SQL queries to ensure data integrity.
- Involved in Web Services component using SoapUI
- Prepared Test Plan Design and Test case design based on the system requirements/Business requirements.
- Reviewed Project Artifacts, analyzed Requirements, designed the test plan and provided weekly status report.
- Architected and implemented test plan, test cases and process workflow
- Defined and Implemented the Software Development Life Cycle with process development meetings
- Ensured traceability of test cases back to project requirements and Participated in walkthrough of test cases
- Introduced, developed, documented, and periodically update the QA Test Plan, process and Procedures Manual and Objectives
- Ensured all testing standards are being met and served as an escalation point for issues involving testing
- Worked in Agile environment and run daily scrum, Sprint Planning meeting & retrospective meeting with the team.
- Developed test plan, test cases, test scenarios, traceability matrix, logging defects and run defects review meeting
- Used Version One Tool for managing the story in Agile Environment. Other that this used both QC/ALM for defect Management.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Java, Selenium WebDriver and Eclipse
- Design & developed Data Driven Framework using Selenium WebDriver to validate test case against different data set
- Performed the Back-End testing to ensure data consistency on front-end by writing and executing enterprise level complex SQL statements on the Oracle Database using TOAD
- Worked on Procedures, Functions using Oracle PL/SQL.
- Used postman to perform Api testing
- Reviewed project artifacts, analyzed requirements, helped design the test plan, and provided weekly status report that includes testing metrics, test logs, and test summary reports
- Prepared test cases and test plans based on User Stories
- Attending daily Scrum Meeting, Preparing Test Cases based on User Stories in fast paced Agile Environment
- Performed Smoke, GUI Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing and Regression, and End to End Testing on every build of the application
- Interacted closely with the development team to discuss the design and testing aspects of the application to design the test plans
- Contributed to the manual test strategy and gave feedback for improvements
- Maintain and update the regression test plan and test cases based on new functionality
- Used ALM to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests, tracking defects and reporting
- Designed and created test methodologies for functional and system tests which improve test coverage and efficiency
- Analyzed business flow of the application
- Developed documentation throughout the QA process
- Interacted with business analysts and developers
- Worked in Agile development environment with frequently changing requirements
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave daily status of testing