- 7+ years of IT experience in various phases of IT projects such as Quality Analyst, deployment and application support.
- Expertise in creating Test Plan documents and developing test strategy documents and preparing the Traceability Matrices.
- Expertise in designing the test scenarios and scripting the test cases in order to test the application.
- Experience in developing the Manual Test Suites and Automated test suites.
- Expertise in QA process and different levels of testing like unit, Functional, Regression, and Integration testing with business scenarios.
- Experienced testing Web Services using SOA, SOAP UI, and DB VISUALIZER Based Approach.
- Experience in using SOAP Sonar for providing simple, intuitive and comprehensive testing for SOAP - , XML- and XSD based services
- Experience in integration of various data sources with Multiple Relational Databases like Oracle, SQL Server, SQL Server Reporting Service(SSRS),MS excel, MS Access 2002, DB2 UDB 7.2/7.1/6.0 and Flat Files.
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Data Stage
- Strong knowledge of Business Intelligence, Data Warehousing and Business Architecture)
- Extensively used ETL methodology for supporting data extraction, transformations and loading processing, in a corporate-wide-ETL Solution using Informatica/MDM.
- Experience in Dimensional Data Modeling using Star and Snow Flake Schema.
- Hands on experience in Datawarehouse concepts and structures.
- Strong working experience in the Data Analysis, Design, Development, Implementation and Testing of Data Warehousing using Data Conversions, Data Extraction, Data Transformation and Data Loading (ETL)
- Expert in writing Test Plan, Test Cases, Test Matrix, Traceability Matrix and Test Scripts.
- Application Datawarehousing experience in Banking and Health care Insurance.
- Performed Unit, Integration and System Testing.
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Expertise in testing reports and designing analysis.
- Extensive knowledge in regression testing and design documentation.
- Extensive experience in writing SQL and PL/SQL scripts to validate the database systems and for backend database testing.
- Good experience in data sources, data profiling, data validation, developing low level design patterns based on the business and functional requirements.
- Excellent communication, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Good analytical skills, presentation skills with strong communication skills
- Experience in debugging the issues.
- Involved in jobs scheduling, monitoring and application support in a 24/7 environment.
- Excellent communication skills and Ability to work in-groups as well as independently with minimum supervision and initiative to learn new technologies and tools quickly.
- Application Data warehousing experience in Health insurance, Banking, Financial, Trading, Retail and Consumer.
ETL: Informatica 6.1, 7.1, 8.1, 8.6.1, 9.1 (Power Center/ Power Mart (Designer, Workflow Manager, Workflow Monitor and Server Manager)
Reporting Tools: SQL Server Reporting Service(SSRS), SAS,, MS Access Reports, Pivot Tables
Databases: Mainframe Window, Oracle 10g/9i/8i/8.0/, SQL Server 2000/2005/2012, PL/SQL, DB2, MS Access 7.0/97/2000, MS Excel 2007
Database Modeling: Star Schema, Snowflake schema, Fact and Dimensions Tables, Physical and Logical Data Modeling, Dimensional Data Modeling, Erwin 4.5/4.0/3.5/3.0
Programming: Unix Shell Scripting, C, SQL, PL/SQL, HTML, XML
Database Tools: SQL *Loader, SQL*Plus, TOAD, SQL Assistant 6.0
Environment: Windows NT/95/98/2000/XP, UNIX, MS DOS, RED HAT LINUX
ETL Quality Analyst TesterResponsibilities:
- Build test scenarios based on initial requirements in an agile environment.
- Developed test cases out of the test scenarios and maintained the test executions using test cycles.
- Involved in the test scenarios review sessions with the business for future scope as a Change requests and Enhancements.
- Created Test cycles and prioritizing the test cases in the test cycle are done in JIRA.
- Written SQL queries for expected results based on the requirement logic and Data model.
- Prepared test data for an interface using SQL scripts and using running integration testing involving multiple interface workflow runs using Informatica, based on the pre-condition of a test case written.
- Maintained a spread sheet for individual interface to track of the VINs used for specific business logic during test case preparation.
- Imported and exported business files from and into the Datax location of organization using UNIX scripts in PuTTY and using WinSCP and Notepad ++ tool.
- Actual results were pulled from the Data warehouse tables by running Informatica jobs using UNIX scripts in PuTTY.
- Monitored and debugged the errors occurred while ETL job runs using the source qualifier’s session logs in Informatica Power Center Workflow Monitor.
- Validated the Data mapping and business rules from the DWH table data using expected results query running in Toad for Oracle.
- Wrote SQL queries to validate the Data in the table and Table row counts and field properties.
- The testing results are captured in the word document using the screen shots of the results and SQL queries for expected and actual results validation.
- Based on the test results Pass or Fail, test cases are executed for a specific Test Cycle in JIRA and test results are attached.
- Defects found are logged in JIRA mapping them to the respective requirement ID and Epics in JIRA.
- Communicated with SMEs and Developers in discussing the defects found and if needed replicated the issue in other environments.
- Communicated with the Project Manager and business team in reference to the defects found and participated in the discussion of defects leading to Change Request and Enhancements.
- Retested the defects fixed following the defect workflow in the organization.
- Coordinated System Integration testing involving Vendors/Business team with Project manager, SMEs and tracking all the interface results and shared the expected and actual results for all the interfaces involved in the SIT testing.
- Attended daily status meetings and reported the status to Project Manager.
Environment: s: Informatica 9.6.1, Toad for Oracle 12, JIRA, PuTTY, Notepad ++, Oracle SQL Developer 4.0.3, WinSCP, Business Objects.
Quality Analyst Test LeadResponsibilities:
- Built the test plan for the Customer Reporting project based on the existing dependent application Lynxx.
- Developed multiple functional and regression test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Develop and maintain traceability matrices for the End to End testing.
- Participated in the meeting for design methodology and environment usage.
- Validated the XMLs generated in AWS portal against the data from the Lynxx application.
- Ran SOAP UI 5.2.1 responses and validated those responses automatically in Ready API 1.5.
- Validated the XML templates using automation methodology in Ready API 1.5.
- Built multiple frameworks in SOAP UI to validate services generated to transfer data.
- Validated the data from Lynxx application retrieval into LDE datawarehouse successfully using the given transformation logics using SQL queries.
- Done data validation using SQL scripts in Oracle SQL developer 4.1.3.
- Validated data using SQL scripts in MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE during the Lambda functions validations which are part of AWS cloud.
- Validated the functional scenarios of Lambda functions with JSON scripts which generate data into the database tables using SQL scripts.
- Compared the Jasper reports with the old system SAP BO reports.
- Participated in daily stand up meetings and bi-weekly sprint review and sprint planning sessions.
- Expertise in managing the sprint user stories, test cases and defect tracking in Rally/CA Agile Central.
- Presentations of sprint team work to the stack folders and the business people in the sprint review meetings.
- Supported UAT team with the knowledge transfer sessions regarding the existing and new functionalities.
Environment: s: QC10, Rally/CA Agile Central, Oracle SQL developer 4.1.3, MySQL Workbench 6.3 CE, Amazon Web service(AWS) cloud, SOAP UI 5.2.1, Ready API 1.5, Informatica Power Center 9.1, SAP Business Objects.
ETL Test LeadResponsibilities:
- Developing test plans and testing selected new feature functionality,
- Analyze Business Requirements and Functional Specifications, and develop test plan according to the functional requirements.
- Managing the testing team as a Test Lead.
- Managed the team with their work and durations using JIRA board as a SCRUM Master.
- Performing functional, integration and regression testing on new and existing software,
- Managing and selecting software patch testing and applications testing,
- Ensuring that assigned testing system problems are documented, assigned, communicated and appropriately resolved,
- Assisting with implementation of new application systems and software in the testing environments,
- Performing code migration and versioning standards verification in the testing environment; Participate in product design reviews to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules, or potential problems,
- Review software documentation to ensure technical accuracy, compliance, or completeness, or to mitigate risks.
- Performed data validation using SQL management tool and ORACLE SQL management tool.
- Performed table’s properties testing using tables from DB2.
- Ran and monitoring the table transformation logics in Informatica monitor using CITRIX.
- Also checked the informatica jobs properties and dependencies from jobs in TIDAL.
- Exported table’s data from one SQL database/environment to other database/environment using SQL management tool for team management.
- Ran Mainframe window application for gathering data properties including cobal copybooks, Generation Data Groups (GDG) property data files.
- Supported in upgrading the existing code from Informatica 9.1 to Informatica 9.5.1/9.6.1.
- Ran SQL scripts for data transformation validation in SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS).
- Auditing that the each table is tested by the team is according to the test plan and test cases are uploaded in Share Point.
- Data testing in Golden Source and Mainframe application (Source) data to migrate properly in Target MDM System through staging areas.
- Involved in testing all required Stage loads and Target MDM Database testing.
- Reviewed the sprint work in Sprint review meeting by explaining the work completed to the product owners.
Environment: I nformatica 9.1, SQL Server Management, SSRS, Oracle SQL Developer Management, Tidal Web, Mainframe, DB2, SQL Server Reporting Service (SSRS), JIRA, QC.
Confidential,Camp Hill, PA
Sr. ETL TesterResponsibilities:
- Involved in Business and Technical requirements meetings arranged by Business Analyst and Development Team.
- Prepared Test Plan, Test cases, Test scripts as per the requirements specified in BTRD, BSD and Mapping document.
- Involved in prioritizing the requirements according to business needs and putting all the requirements in QC.
- Converted Source XML Data to Relational table format and validated this table against target table based on the transformation rules mentioned in the mapping document.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for SIT.
- Performed complete data validation between source XML Data and Target tables
- Uploaded Test plan and Test cases in quality center and executed test scripts during the time of SIT.
- During SIT executed the test scripts and documented the test results along with observations.
- Arranged defect triage calls during SIT Phase and walked through the test results and discussed the observations with the project team and based on their comments logged these observations as defects in Quality center.
- Worked as UAT Coordinator during UAT phases and resolve the questions/observations /issues rose by UAT Team after discussing with Dev Team.
- Tested and entered data in FACETS application.
- Worked on different modules of FACETS Subscriber/Member, Groups, Enrollment, Claims, Billing, Accounting and Provider.
- Written various SQL scripts to test different test scenarios in SIT and business scenarios provided by UAT and End users.
- Clearly communicated and documented test results and defect resolution during all phases of testing.
- Prepared detailed Test metrics report which contains details about number of written test cases, number of executed test cases, number of passed test cases, number of failed test cases across all phases of testing.
- Involved in building Multinode Cluster Setup and Installation.
- Used Sqoop tool to load data from RDBMS into HDFS.
- Imported and exported files to the HDFS, Mongodb, Hive and PIG
- Ran SQL scripts in DB Visualizer for Backend testing to check for the functionality results.
- Created test data and loaded into the application using SOAP UI.
- Processed the output from DB Visualizer and compared with the application functional results.
- Data from Flatfiles, JSON, CSV, TSV etc...Is queried and analyzed using HIVE and PIG.
- Testing multiple content controls that are created and incorporated in to TFS work item types.
- Experience in setting up Virtual Machines and managing storage devices.
- Reviewed the HDFS usage and system design for future scalability and fault-tolerance
- Worked with NOSQL databases including HBase, Cassandra, S3 or CouchDB.
- Involved in POC on calling a java jar from Hadoop reducer and using shell script for interaction between Hadoop reducer and java.
- Performed joins, group by and other operations in Mapreduce
Environment: Netezza, DB2, DBVisualizer, DataStage, UNIX, Quality Center, TFS Test Manager, XML, XSD, Hadoop, Mahout, IBM AIX 6.1, UNIX, Shell Scripting, XML, XSLT, HDFS, MapReduce, NoSql, HBase,m Cassandra, Mongodb.
- Involved in understanding Logical and Physical Datawarehouse using Erwin Tool.
- Written Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Script, Test Cases, Reported bugs and tracked defects using Quality Center 10.0
- Performed all aspects of verification, validation including functional, structural, regression, load and system testing
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the ETL Mapping Rules.
- Collected requirements and tested several business reports.
- Migrated objects from SQL Server 2000 to SQL Server 2005
- Tested different reports including detail, summary reports and on demand reports developed by SSRS Report Studio.
- Tested OLAP cubes and SSRS reports for various business needs.
- Writing complex SQL queries for data validation for verifying the SSIS Packages and business Rules.
- Tested reports using SSRS functionality like Queries, Slice and Dice, Drill down, @Functions, Formulae etc.
- Used SQL tools to run SQL queries and validate the data loaded in to the target tables
- Validated the data of reports by writing SQL queries in PL/SQL Developer against ODS.
- Involved in user training sessions and assisted in UAT (User Acceptance Testing).
- Strong ability in developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted
- Preventing occurrences of multiple runs by flagging processed dates
- Written Test Cases for ETL to compare Source and Target datawarehouse systems.
- Interacting with senior peers or subject matter experts to learn more about the data
- Extensively written test scripts for back-end validations
- Tested Standard and Ad-hoc Impromptu Reports
- Tested multi-dimensional cubes using models and implemented incremental updates for power cubes
- Experience in creating UNIX scripts for file transfer and file manipulation.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the test data for Data Driven testing.
- Created ETL execution scripts for automating jobs.
- Involved in extensive DATA validation using SQL queries and back-end testing
- Tested the different sources such as Flat files, Main Frame Legacy Flat Files, SQL server 2005 and Oracle to load into the Teradata data warehouse
- Performed Teradata SQL Queries, creating Tables, and Views by following Teradata Best Practices.
- Performed periodic checks to run crosscheck against QA/SIT/PROD environments to ensure it is up and running.
- Performed front-end testing on Data Portal and Executive Credit Risk Dashboard portal
- Tested Operation Data Store process of ODS/DWL product
- Used workflow manager for session management, database connection management and scheduling of jobs.
Environment: Informatica PowerCenter 8.6.1, XML, XSLT, XSD, WinSQL, Windows NT 4.0, SQL Server 2008, SSIS, SSAS, SSRS, Quality Center 10.0, DTS, T-SQL, SQL, Teradata V2R6, TOAD, Teradata SQL Assistant 6.0, Oracle 10gi, PL/SQL, IBM DB2, WinSQL, Cognos Series 8.0, Microsoft Visio 2003, MS Access, XML/VSAM/Flat Files, Autosys, PERL.