- Over 6 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and Automation Testing.
- Experienced in Software Testing with Knowledge of all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Proficient in review of all kind of testability docs like requirement specification, functional documentation, and conversion of the requirements document into detailed Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts.
- Experienced in Test design, development, and quality assurance of cost - effective enterprise applications.
- Strong knowledge of Black box and Grey box testing.
- Extensively experienced of software QA methodologies and Waterfall, V-Model, Agile Scrum.
- Expertise in conducting and participating different types of testing - Integration, System, Functional, GUI, Regression, Sanity, Smoke and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Expert at executing Manual Testing by using HP ALM/Quality Center/JIRA for Test management in web-based applications.
- Experienced in using Maven build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Experienced in using Apache POI to read data from external sources to insert locators into the test script.
- Experienced in using GitHub as a source repository system to share code within the office as well as with the team overseas.
- Good Knowledge in using Jenkins as a Continuous Integration server to configure with GitHub and Maven.
- Good Knowledge in customizing Selenium API to suit with the testing environment.
- Experienced in developing and executing automation Regression testing and System testing using Selenium.
- Experienced in performing Data driven testing to validate the components displayed on the website using Selenium.
- Hands on experience in Developing Automation Scripts, Execution and Analysis of Test Results using Hybrid, Keyword Driven, and Data Driven Frameworks in Selenium.
- Proficiency in writing load scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Expert in Configuration Management, Change Management, Version Control System, Release Management, Software Implementation, Gap Analysis and Customer Coordination.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills to maintain clear communication with team members while adopting new technologies in real time environment.
Testing/performance Tools: Selenium WebDriver, Junit/TestNG, Cucumber
Bug Tracking Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, JIRA
Web Services Testing tool: SOAP UI
Database: SQL Server, Oracle, DB2, MS Access
Servers: Apache, Tomcat, WebLogic Server
Operating Systems: Microsoft Windows, Linux/UNIX,Mac
Confidential, Owings Mills, MD
Test Automation Engineer
- Developed Test cases and Test scripts for both Manual and Automated testing based on functional specifications and design documents.
- Involved in creating Test Plans, Test cases for new Implementation based on the business requirements.
- Involved in preparation & execution of Test plan, Test Conditions and Test Cases manually.
- Prepared Test data for interpreting the positive/negative results; Involved in preparation of Test Data used to test the Key Functionalities in Latest Builds.
- Determined the Entry and Exit Criteria for different phases in testing cycle of the system.
- Used HP ALM extensively for defect management process to log the issues encountered during testing and tracked them until resolution.
- Worked on HP ALM to trace the requirements, wrote the test cases in the test plan and track the defects in the defect module.
- Queried the database by writing complex SQL queries to verify the activation and deactivation entries in the corresponding tables in the database.
- Used User Stories from JIRA to create test cases.
- Wrote test cases and created test data in EXCEL files.
- Defined test automation strategy and test scenarios, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and JAVA.
- Worked on distributed test automation execution on different environments as part of Continuous Integration Process using Selenium Grid and Jenkins.
- Creation of automation test scripts in Java, TestNG, and WebDriver for various features using Data Driven Framework.
- Performed cross browser functional testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed white box testing like JUnit, TestNG and Web service testing.
- Setup the automation framework using Selenium WebDriver, Java, TestNg, SVN and Maven.
- Worked on Selenium for creating and executing test cases for functionality testing of a web app.
- Pr ovided with a detailed Sign of f r epor t af ter every testing cycle.
- R eviewed Business r equir ements and Pr epar ed Automa tion Design Document.
- Liaised with vendors and suppliers in assessing applica tions and/or systems under considera tion for pur chase.
Environment: XML, Selenium W ebDriver, Selenium Grid, J ava, Agile, HTML, CSS, J ava, SQL, Windows, UNIX, Or acle, MS Of fice, MS Ex cel, HP ALM
Confidential, Chicago, IL
- Reviewed and Analyzed the Requirement and Test Plan, developed efficient, highly maintainable and reusable Test Automation framework Strategy to support multiple projects.
- Coordinated with Functional Team to identify Test cases that are candidates for Automation.
- Designed automated test based on Test Case and wrote Test Case.
- Analyzed and identified the areas of a project for Test Automation.
- Provided a written/verbal escalation of project status, resources and schedule issue as required to upper Management.
- Created Automation scripts in such way that to results can be generated in Text file, Excel and HTML formats.
- Mapped the developed Test cases to the system requirements in HP ALM for requirements coverage and traceability completion.
- Uploaded Business Risks in HP ALM and mapped the Test cases.
- Designed and executed SQL queries on both Source and Target databases to validate the data.
- Developed and maintained unit tests using JUnit.
- Used Firebug and Firepath to identify elements on the page.
- Wrote JUnit Test Cases for REST web service Java API.
- Executed Automated tests in appropriate test regions in support of unit, integration, functional, and regression testing used Selenium WebDriver.
- Automated the regression test cases using Selenium & TestNG.
- Created scenarios to test API's for various functionalities and modules of the application using SOAP UI.
- Involved in writing load scripts using Apache JMeter.
- Developed Hybrid Framework using Java, WebDriver, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Genera ted W eekly R epor ts, Defect R epor ts and Customized Summary R epor ts.
- Delega ted and coor dina ted daily and weekly task s to of fshor e te am members.
- P ar ticipa ted in various meetings and discussed Enhancements and Modifica tion R equest issues.
Environment: Agile, J ava, Selenium W ebDriver, IntelliJ, T estNG, Maven, Jenkins, R ally, Internet Explor er, F ir efo x, Chr ome, HP ALM, SQL, UNIX, Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents, Functional requirement documents, and Technical review document.
- Involved in creating Use Case for complex system interfaces.
- Involved in developing Test cases from Business Requirements in Test Manager.
- Prepared test data and test environment for testing modules.
- Responsible for writing Test plan, Test scenarios, and Test cases for requirement, client and submission modules.
- Provided Test planning numbers, gathered Test data, coordinated Quality Center/ALM Test uploads, and reported testing status to stakeholders.
- Logged defects into Quality Center/ALM and participated in Defect Resolution to analyze the defects.
- Developed Test Cases for Back-end testing, and integrated SQL queries to run the test cases.
- Developed Automation scripts based on system requirements and use cases using Selenium.
- Performed Regression Testing with help of scripts written in Selenium.
- Used Selenium to validate that links, objects, images and text on Web pages continue to function properly.
- Involved in communicating with business analysts, tech leads and scrum master to clarify the User stories.
- Set up Selenium tools from scra tch and configur ed various other peripher als tools to perform Selenium test.
- Genera ted W eekly R epor ts, Defect R epor ts and Customized Summary R epor ts.
Environment: Quality Center/ALM, Selenium W ebDriver, J ava, J2EE, J avaScript, HTML, JIRA, Eclipse, T estNG, Maven, Jenkins, F ir efo x, SQL, Windows, UNIX.