- 6+ years of experience in Software Testing, creating Test Plans, executing Test Scripts, automating Test Cases, tracking Defects and Report Generation.
- Expertise in Business Requirements and Functional Specification documents with business users and development team to understand the architecture and functionality of the application.
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation testing of the applications.
- Extensively experienced in all SDLC models like Water Fall, Agile, and V - model.
- Experienced in performing different test types, QA Methodologies: Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, and User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Experienced in both manual testing and Automation testing using HP testing tools such as ALM/ Quality Center.
- Proficient in managing the testing process using HP ALM/ Quality Center.
- Experienced in using HP ALM/ Quality Center to communicate and coordinate software bug fixes, change requests, supports high level of communication among the testers, developers and managers.
- Good Knowledge in creating detailed bug reports, pass-fail reports and comparison charts using ALM/Quality Center.
- Proficient in writing SQL queries and executing procedures to perform back end testing for the expected results.
- Strong Knowledge in using the HP Automated Tools like HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA for defect Tracking Tool.
- Solid expertise in automated testing tools suite - QTP/ UFT and good exposure to SOA automation testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Experienced in developing Descriptive programming for Key-word driven Testing using QTP/UFT.
- Good Skill at writing, maintaining & updating VBScript in QTP/UFT to perform functional, Data driven, Modular & Regression Testing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, communication skills and interpersonal skill.
- Excellent research and mentoring skills and ability to learn new tools and technologies quickly.
Operating System: Windows, Linux/Unix
Scripting Languages: VBScript, SQL, HTML, XML
Database: Oracle, DB2, Microsoft Access
Testing Tools: HP QTP, HP UFT, HP Quality Center, HP ALM, JIRA, TOAD
Testing Environment: .NET, SQL, XML, HTML, HTTP, DB2, VBScript, Java, C, J2EE, DHTML, Toad and PL/SQL
Other Applications: MS Office, MS Excel, PowerPoint References available upon reque
Confidential, Washington, D.C
Test Automation Engineer
- Performed QA processes collaborating with the development team for ensuring high quality software releases using Agile and Scrum methodologies.
- Involved in writing Manual Test Cases and Test Scripts.
- Coordinated with System Analyst, Project Manager, to setup the pre-testing and testing environment to execute the scripts.
- Involved in Manual Functionality Testing, GUI Testing for objects tables, texts and object pages.
- Worked with various kinds of testing, such as Exploratory, Smoke box, Regression, Integrated, System, Backend validation, End to End, UAT.
- Executed automated Test cases in ALM and reported defects in JIRA.
- Detected, reported and tracked defects using HP ALM.
- Conducted the defect report in HP ALM.
- Created and maintained detailed Test cases to perform various types of testing in Test Plan module of ALM.
- Wrote complex SQL queries and executed them.
- Used PL/SQL Queries to perform Back End Testing for Oracle data bases.
- Involved in developing descriptive programming using VB Script in UFT.
- Created Generic functions, Modular tests, and Data-driven frameworks using VB Scripts for UFT.
- Transformed manual Test cases into functional and regression Test scripts with automation tools using UFT.
- Involved in developing scripts using descriptive programming in UFT.
- Conducted initial testing manually and executed later phase using automated tools.
- Involved in the review meetings to ensure the QA Project Plan schedules were adhered to and the critical path activities meet the deadlines.
- Participated in enhancements meeting to distinguish between bugs and enhancements.
- Attended weekly status meeting and provided detailed status report.
Environment: VB Script, XML, HP ALM, UFT, Java, J2EE, Java Script SQL Server, MS Office, Windows, SOAP UI, UNIX.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Provided clear concise feedback to development team on recurring errors both on an individual and team basis.
- Worked closely with users and program developers to ensure that the application development met the user expectations.
- Developed user guide for business users for software training and deployment process.
- Supported project managers in executing and coordinating QA and defect management activities.
- Involved in whole SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle) of the application by doing Integration, smoke, Functional, Regression, System and User acceptance testing.
- Managed the testing process using Quality Center/ALM to manage the requirements and Test cases and had a clear traceability between them.
- Documented the defects using Quality Center/ALM and tracked them to completion by communicating and coordinating with the development as well as the support group.
- Used Quality Center/ALM for defect reporting and tracking and prioritizing defects and enhancement requests after base lining the requirements.
- Developed SQL Queries to query the database to test the back end process of the application.
- Conducted GUI and Black Box Testing using QTP/UFT and interacted with developers to resolve issues.
- Used QTP/UFT for automating manual test cases for regression testing and for storing, execution of test cases and reporting results.
- Worked on migration of automated testing tool used for creating policies to QTP/UFT.
- Used Checkpoints, Descriptive programming and Data Driven Test Scripts in QTP/UFT.
- Participated in User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Reported to all team members with Daily Status to track the updates in testing.
Environment: HP Quality Center/ALM, QTP/UFT, VBScript, Java, Java Script, MS SQL Server, Web Services, Windows, UNIX.
Confidential, New York, NY
- Analyzed requirements, system design and prepared test strategy according to its needs.
- Documented Test plans and Test cases based on the solution definition documents and use case documents.
- Involved in preparing Test plans that included Testing strategies, Test scripts and Test data for Integration, Functional, User, Security requirements of the application.
- Analyzed modules and designed Test scenarios and Test scripts in both Windows and UNIX environment.
- Involved in developing detailed Test plan, Test cases and Test scripts using Quality Center for Functional, Security and Regression Testing.
- Used Quality Center to track and report system defects and bug fixes.
- Worked as Quality Center administrator to maintain users, groups, domain, projects, and policies.
- Involved in Back end testing to check for data and application integrity by writing SQL queries.
- Created Test input requirements and prepared the Test data and Test scripts in QTP for data driven testing.
- Developed automated test scripts in QTP to expedite regression testing.
- Extensively worked with QTP to create, manage and execute test sets.
- Involved working as part of a team to analyze data from customer and providing documentation and reports.
- Documented and reported bugs found during test execution.
Environment: TOAD, Oracle, SQL Server, Quality Center, QTP, Java, Java Script, Windows, HTML, Agile, MS Office, UNIX, MS Excel.