- 7+ years of Quality Assurance experience as aSr.QA/Analyst/Manual/Automation Engineer inBanking, Insurance, Financial and Retail domains.
- Strong Understanding of Full Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC),Defect Life Cycle, Waterfall and Agile (SCRUM) from Requirement analysis to System Testing.
- Performed Functionality testing, Regression testing, Black Box, Gray & White Box testing, Client/Server testing, System testing, Performance testing, Integration testing, Security testing, Stress testing, Smoke testing, Software Validation testing, Configuration testing, GUI testing, User Acceptance Testing(UAT).
- Expertise in analyzing Business/Software specification documents(BRS/SRS), developing Test Plans, User - Cases, Test Reports, defining Test Cases, maintaining and automating Test Scripts .
- Proficient in Cross Browser Testing to support Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari, Opera and Google Chrome.
- Extensive experience in Defect Reporting and Defect tracking process using HP Quality Center (QC)/ALM, JIRA, Bugzilla.
- Developed new and updated existing Automation test cases using Selenium Web Driver and Test-NG, Framework for a Java based Web application, using Maven as build tool and Jenkins to create & run deployment jobs.
- Involved in preparation of Metrics, Experience with Test Effort Estimations , Task Allocation , Test Deliverables , Defect Reports and project plan.
- Created &Used Requirement Traceability Matrix (RTM) for mapping requirements to test cases.
- Developed Feature files using Cucumber-JVM/Junit/Test-NG/Java and writing Test Scripts using Gherkin Language for BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Expert in writing & reading the test data to &from Excel spread sheets using JXL API/ Apache POI and Test NG.
- Performed Non-Functional Testing like Performance, Stress, load etc. using HP Load Runner and J-meter.
- Experienced in Web Services testing using SOAP UI, SOAP, REST FUL, DEV Test, WSDL Technologies.
- Worked on Mobile Testing using Appium Framework and Selenium java API for IOS and Android devices.
- Expertise Creating and monitoring the defects using Defect Tracking Tools like JIRA, Bugzilla and HP ALM.
- Work experience on ANT/Maven Build tools to manage framework dependency jar files.
- Ability to build Automation Regression suite using Test-NGor Junit and Jenkins and configure it with source controls like SVN/GitHub for Improvements and new features.
- Writing and executing SQL, DML statements for checking the validity and integrity of the data in various databases such as Oracle, MySql, and Microsoft SQL Server etc. to perform back-end-Testing by making JBBC connections.
- Good Knowledge of Object Oriented Programming Concepts (OOPS), Java programming Skills and creating Logs using Log4j API.
- Worked on Agile projects, participation in Sprint planning and Backlog grooming.
- Working knowledge in UNIX/Linux environment to analyze the logs, adding users, starting services from the shell, settings aliases to frequently used commands, creating users and setting file system permissions.
- Excellent communication, problem solving skills, coordination, documentation, project planning and interpersonal skills.
Testing Tools & Frameworks: Selenium IDE/ Web driver/ RC & Grid, Manual Testing, Junit, Test-NG, JXL, Apache POI, Log4J, HP QTP/UFT, HP Load Runner, Cucumber BDD, J-Meter, Firebug, Fire PathBug Tracking Tools: Jira, Bugzilla, HP Quality Center/ ALM
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Jenkins
Databases: Oracle, MySQL, MS SQL Server
Mobile Testing: Appium, Selenium WebDriver, perfecto
Web development: DOM, HTML, CSS, XML, Java ScriptSOA Technologies& Tools: REST FUL, WSDL, SOAP UI, Dev Test, Lisa
Testing Framework: Data Driven, Hybrid, Keyword Driven,Behavior Driven Development (BDD), Page Object Model Design (POM)
IDE: Eclipse, Selenium IDE
Repository & Version control: GitHub, Subversion(SVN), VSS
Languages& scripting: Java/J2EE, C++, C, SQL, VB .NET, Python, Gherkin, Shell scripting
Operating Systems: Mac OS, Windows, Unix/ Linux
Web Browsers: Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Safari
Sr. QA Analyst
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Interaction with Clients for understanding Business Requirements and Functional Specifications.
- Planning and monitoring the requirements while translating and analyzing it in MS word.
- Involved in all phases of the Software testing life cycle (STLC) using Agile testing.
- Implemented Cucumber (BDD) with Junit and Selenium.
- Designing automation test architecture and then automating the test scripts using automation tools like Quick Test Pro (QTP), Load Runner and performing synthetic monitoring using HP Site scope for web applications & database servers.
- Involved in designing and developing Test-NG Data driven automation framework in Eclipse IDE using JAVA and automated them using Selenium.
- Excellent Knowledge of programming languages like Java, SQL to debug and execute HP Load Runner scripts.
- Excellent experience with HP Load Runner tool for testing and monitoring and analyzed results using HP Load Runner Analysis tool and analyzed Oracle database connections, sessions, log files.
- Provide with a gap analysis report outlining all the application functionality areas that could be tested using the automated Selenium WebDriver.
- Customized and enhanced the Test Scripts defining various Checkpoints, Synchronization points, Input value, Output value, Parameterize Test, Define Regular expressions, Recovery Scenarios, Optional Steps using HP UFT QTP.
- Responsible for the Inquiry and Financial transactions testing.
- Parameterized the fixed values in checkpoint statements, created data tables for the parameters and wrote functions for the parameters to read new data from the table upon each iteration - Performed Data-driven testing.
- Used IBM Functional Tester to do functional and Regression testing. (Installed and worked using Java).
- Created ECMAScript using Rational Integration Tester.
- Used Clear Case for Code Repository and Clear Quest for Change tickets.
- Involved in setting up configuring the testing environment with Eclipse IDE, Test-NG, and Selenium WebDriver.
- Implemented Cross browser testing using Selenium API for Safari, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome and IE.
- Developed and executed test cases test Scenarios and followed-up defects using QC.
- Used Step Generator, Synchronization, Actions, Recovery Scenarios in regression testing
- Participated in bi-weekly meeting between testers, developer and Project Manager to resolve issues arising after each build, assigned priorities to tasks and suggested solutions and methodologies to overcome problems and streamline everyday processes.
- Tested Reports functionality and result applying Business rules with estimated Results and Verified fixed defects.
Environment: s: Windows XP, HP ALM11.52, HP UFT QTP, UNIX, Java, J2EE, Load Runner, XML, BPM,, Oracle 10., IBM Data Stage, Oracle DB, Selenium WebDriver 2.0, Cucumber (BDD)
Sr. QA Tester
Confidential - Des Moines, Iowa
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test reports.
- Developed and Executed Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Page Object Model (POM), Test-NG, analyzed Test Results.
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing & System Testing using Selenium WebDriver automation scripts.
- Used Xcode Simulator for simulation of various iOS devices and recording crash logs and used Android Studio for troubleshooting Android app issues and isolating bugs at the code Level
- Developed automation scripts in Rational Functional Tester using Java Language and then customized them according to the requirement.
- Hands on working on both SOAP and REST services with GET, PUT, POST and DEL by providing input in Excel and Endpoints in properties file for each environment in Request and validating appropriate Response. Performed Database validation within Data Source and Data Source Loop in automation Test Case.
- Added Assertions (Valid HTTP Code, Invalid HTTP Code for negative test suites, contains, Xpath, Xquery, etc), Groovy Script (to parse values from the response using Regular Expression), Property Transfer, JDBC, RESTRequest, SOAPRequest, Data Sink, Teststeps for each Test case.
- Imported project into Eclipse IDE and converted to Maven along with pom.xml and other files. Created smoke and regression .xml and .java files. Ran tests using local repository via Test-NG.
- Extensively performed functional, regression, smoke testing for Mobile App via Perfecto cloud.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Used Android SDK and setup mobile device emulator to test application and to get log files
- Identified mobile elements using Appium Inspector, UI Automator Viewer .
- Used Appium to facilitate mobile testing by creating mobile Driver class with the required Mobile capabilities.
- Good experience in mobile testing using Appium in both IOS and Android applications using simulator and emulator.
- Performed REST based API web services testing using Soap-UI, POSTMAN.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Selenium IDE, Ride, Jenkins, SoapUI, HP QC, HTML, XML, JIRA, Microsoft Office, Cucumber, Eclipse, Test-NG, Agile, Gherkin, Unix.
Sr. Automation & Performance Tester
Confidential - Oakland, CA
- Performed the role of QA Test Automation Engineer in a fast-paced Agile Team.
- Participated in Sprint Planning, Daily Scrum, Sprint Review and Sprint Retrospective meetings.
- Created Test Plan and Test Cases manually for in-house developed products and software applications developed.
- Participated in design reviews to provide inputs on functional requirements, product designs and schedules.
- Developing and executing FACTS project test scripts in RationalQuality Manager(RQM) based on the business requirements and logging an issue tickets in Rational Team Concert (RTC).
- Coordinating functional, system, integrationand regression testing for application software.
- Attending the business requirements meetings and performing the impact analysis.
- Managing end-to-end testingof impacted processes to ensure business functional readiness
- Validated FACTS cases which are created in the application with the ICES Mainframe system.
- Performing backend testingby writing SQL queries to validate the data in database for Metrics reporting project.
- Developing advanced SQL queries to extract, manipulate, and/or calculate information to fulfill data and reporting requirements including identifying the tables and columns from which data is extracted.
- Validating the XMLs and worked on web services testingby using SOAP UI tool.
- Identifying defects and interacting with developers to resolve technical issues in the application.
- Working on multiple projects simultaneously and point of contact for all testingactivities.
- Interacting with application users and performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Providing reports and test results and accurate testing progress daily to test manager. and Database team to test all features of the application in the perspective of End-to-End test.
- Worked on grouping the Test Cases for Regression Testing using Test-NG, Maven for build management and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Tested the API of Web Services using SOAPUI and RESTFUL services.
- Responsible for creating automated test scripts in UFT QTP and updated the scripts as per requirement change.
- Maintained test scripts and other artifacts like Test data, Test Results and Defect reports using JIRA.
- Used Scenarios, Scenario Outlines and Step Definitions using Cucumber for BDD.
- Involved in Weekly Status Meetings with development and management teams.
Environment:: Rational Team Concert (RTC), Rational Quality Manager (RQM), RationalClear Quest, Informatics, SQL Server 2008, DB2, Java, XML, SOAP UI, Mainframe, Salesforce, Windows7, SharePoint, IBM Rational Integration tester.
QA Automation Tester
Confidential - San Francisco, CA
- Designed and developed Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Performed Load and Stress testing for various applications using Load Runner.
- Monitor resources to identify performance bottlenecks, analyze test results and report the findings to the clients, and provide recommendation for performance improvements as needed.
- Created scenarios in Load Runner Controller based on the test profiles; fine-tuned the virtual user runtime and scenario scheduler settings.
- Compiled scenario test results, produced various reports using Load Runner Analysis tool.
- Create a quick summary report after all testing has been completed, for final results and findings document.
- Used Load Runner to stress the application under test to isolate and identify potential network and server bottlenecks.
- Analyzed Load Runner on-line graphs and reports to check where performance delays occurred, network or client delays, CPU performance, I/O delays, database locking, or other issues at the database server.
- Updated WSDL in SOAP UI, Created new WSDL projects for Web Services testing.
- Tested Web service, Portal & Siebel application integration.
- Created scenarios in Load Runner Controller based on the test profiles; fine-tuned the virtual user runtime and scenario scheduler settings for UNIX, Windows based application platform.
- Extensively involved in application Functional Stability Test using QTP before the Stress, load and performance test starts.
- Developed Test Cases to check the functionality of application and to validate GUI fields.
- Designed test cases as per the test specification Used Descriptive Programming in VBscript.
- Gathered Test Input data. Test Input data includes Pre-condition, Test Input, Test Result
- Performed Data driven testing using data tables in QTP.
- Created Pop-up, Object State Exception handling functions to handle unexpected events and errors.
- Automated the Test cases using QTP for Regression testing.
- Automation includes writing Test scripts in VB Script.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing such as testing the application from the logical storage of the data, validating the storage date with the UI. Checking and verify the functionality of the database.
- Wrote Reusable actions as per the scripts Reviewed use case documents, High Level Design Documents,
- Testing integration and system testing activities for the builds.
- Designed test cases for Regression testing activities.
- Analyzed the bug severity and status to retest the build as per the Test assignment.
- Re-executed all test cases to ensure no additional errors or missing coverage.
- Used QC-Manager for the complete Test management activities.
Environment: s: Load Runner, QC, Windows, QTP,, VB script, Java, HP Quality Centre, Windows XP, Oracle and SQL
- Excellent in Functional Testing, Integration Testing and System Testing
- Experience with all levels of testing techniques like Sanity, Usability, Functional, Integration, Regression, Re-testing, Black box testing.
- Strongly initiative, creative and able to learn technologies and systems.
- Experienced in preparing the design documents for Automation Health.
- Good Understanding and Knowledge in retrieving data by writing SQL Queries.
- Ability to work on multiple projects/tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines.
- Experienced in taking knowledge transitions from other vendors.
- Expertise in Understanding and Analyzing Test Requirements, Tracking changes and maintenance of Test Requirements.
- Having Good Experience in writing Test Scripts using Java-Selenium Web driver, Junit in Eclipse IDE.
- Expertise in creating reusable Automation scripts, Functional Libraries, Enhance the existing framework and worked on various Automation Frameworks.
- Involved in Functional, Regression and Integration Testing.
- Expertise in preparing Test cases, Automation scripts, Execution and Reporting.
- Good knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC)
- Excellent knowledge of Defect Tracking Tool
- Good knowledge on Manual Testing on Client server applications and Black/White box testing.
- Commitment to co-operative teamwork and involved in delivering high quality product to client.
- Strong team player to find defects in software application against requirement specification.
Environment: s: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Junit, Eclipse IDE, Manual Testing, Waterfall, Windows.
Jr. Java Developer.
- Involved in full development life cycle of the project from analysis, designing and testing .
- Took the responsibility of product owner while establishing the communication between the team and stake holders.
- Involved in gathering requirements, design and implemented the application using Java/J2EE technologies.
- Extensively worked on development of Web interface using JSP, JSP Standard Tag Libraries (JSTL) using Spring Framework.
- Implemented presentation tier on Servlets, JSP, and HTML for custom business requirements.
- Played an active role in testing the application by writing test cases for different scenarios and extensively involved in bug fixing.
- Involved in deploying the application in different environments using tools like Jenkins, udeploy.
- Used JQuery validator plugin for client-side validation.
- Wrote backend-stored procedures, functions and triggers in Oracle DB .
- Used Java Messaging Services (JMS), multi-threading and synchronization. prepared class diagrams, use diagrams and sequence diagrams.
- Involved in Bug fixing and support fixing, application maintenance and used application life cycle management tools like HP ALM & Jira .
- Participated in client calls and received appreciation from my On-site counter parts.