- Skilled professional with over 6 years of experience testing and analysing software by utilizing various testing methodologies including test cases, involved in creating test plan and good knowledge with automation test scripts. Able to network and communicate with both developers and clients to identify areas for improvement.
- Instrumental in improving processes and implementing technology solutions. Technical proficiency in tools (ALM / Quality Center, Version ONE, QTP/UFT, Toad, Bugzilla, SQL Server, JIRA), packages (Microsoft word, excel and PowerPoint), languages (SQL, Visual Basic, VB Script, XML), RDBMS (Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle 10g, My SQL), Domains (Banking, POS, Financial, HealthCare) and operating systems (Windows XP/7/2008/2010, UNIX).
- Experienced in preparing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Summary Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts for automated and manual Testing based on the User Requirement Document and System Requirement documents for the, Functional, and System, Integration, Regression, UAT, Security, Database, Smoke/Sanity and Usability testing.
- Self - Starter and Good Team Player with excellent communication, problem solving skills, interpersonal skills and a good aptitude for learning.
- Experience in using HP Quick Test Pro and Quality Center tools, ALM
- Good working knowledge of automation tool QTP 10/9.5/9.2., UFT. Experience in Keyword Driven, Data driven frame works, function libraries, enhancements in the scripting.
- Knowledge in GUI application testing, Database Testing & Security Testing on Client-server and web- based applications with multiple server domains.
- Experience in logging the defects in Quality centre and close the defects if they are fixed.
- Defect tracking, creating test summary reports and documentation of the results.
- Experience in writing the SQL queries. Performed backend testing and data validation by writing SQL queries.
- Experience in working with UNIX
- Good working knowledge in agile methodology, attended the Scrum meetings daily to check the status.
- Create, review and maintain test data and test results documentation. Document and report software defects using specific tools.
- Excellent verbal, comprehension, listening, interpersonal, written, communication, analytical and investigative skills.
- Ability to work independently, a self-starter and motivator. Quick learner and fast adapter to new methods and techniques.
- Strong work ethic with positive attitude. Good at multi-tasking maintaining quality standards
Looking for a challenging environment where i can utilize my software QA Testing skills and deploy the bug free application to the production environment.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- In Agile environment, attended daily standup meetings, reviewed user stories.
- Designed and Developed Test plan based on BRD and User Stories.
- Developed and Executed Test Cases in VersionOne Tool.
- Filed and Tracked the defects using Jira Tool.
- Tested all modules - Patient Management, Doctor, Admin and Insurance Claims.
- Validated HIPAA rules.
- Validated the connection and data between Admin web services and Insurance claims web services.
- Written and executed SQL queries and Joins, Group By clause, having clause etc. to validate the data.
- Involved in Smoke Testing, Regression Testing and UI testing.
- Prepared daily/ weekly status reports on Test case execution, defects, RTM etc.
- Involved in planning test execution activities, defect reporting and analysing test metrics.
- Followed Agile/Scrum Methodologies for all of the project activities.
- Tested Web Services /XML / RESTFul services using SoapUI tool.
- Validated WSDL, requested and response XML, added Assertions to validate the response XML with database.
- Written SQL queries and Joins executed Shell script in UNIX.
Environment: Version ONE, MySQL, Jira, Putty, SOAPUI
Confidential, Duluth, GA
- Involved in development of test plan and test cases for functional and regression testing.
- Utilize knowledge of the Software Development Life Cycle while developing and testing software applications using various methodologies such as Agile, Scrum, etc.
- Create reusable functional libraries used in different scripts in alignment with VB script programming standards.
- Tested Web Services, XML, WSDL using SOAPUI tool. Providing required input data to request XML and validate response XML.
- Experience using different framework like Keyword and Data Driven Framework in UFT 11.5, Shared Object Repository, descriptive programming etc.
- Have Good Knowledge with UNIX commands.
- Created Recovery Scenario to handle the run time errors, like application crash, popup windows etc.
- Communicate with team members during review meetings to analyse requirements, develop test plans, and to analyse data, methodologies, and test strategies.
- Perform backend testing to validate database information using SQL complex, sub queries and different types of joins.
- Developed and tested cases for GUI application along with test scripts for data driven testing using parameterization in UFT 11.5, excel sheet for test data and database queries based on functionality.
- Construct test scripts using Quick Test Professional with checkpoints using regular expressions for handling windows with different names.
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Analysed, developed, documented and validated Test scope for the Loan application against the Use Cases and Business Requirements Documents as part of the SDLC activity.
- Analysed the Business requirements, performed reviews and communicated the inconsistencies between any requirements and the application within the team.
- Archived test requirements with quality centre and set traceability between different requirements.
- Responsible for peer-to-peer reviews and communicated inconsistencies between requirements and application.
- Performed GUI testing, system testing, database testing, usability testing, and regression testing.
- Analysed test data to compare expected results to actual results and stored findings in the quality centre.
- Tracked defects in quality centre to generated reports and defect metrics.
- Enhanced test cases in various QA environments using data scenarios and data driven approach.
- Performed system testing for browser compatibility and worked on cross browser testing.
- Executed automation test scripts for functional and regression testing using QTP 9.2.
- Networked with business analysts and developers to resolve technical issues from UAT to production.
Confidential, Mclean, VA
- Communicated with development, users and support groups to understand application architecture.
- Presented regression testing strategies and objectives at team meetings.
- Detected Defects, communicated to the developers using Bug Reporting Tool and Tracking the Defects using Quality Centre.
- Executed manual test cases and identified the test cases to be automated.
- Involved in testing the backend Database retrieved the data from the tables using SQL.
- Drafted automation scripts and test scripts in QTP for regression testing and additional scripts for each version.
- Utilized add-in from test advantage and Quick Test Pro to handle generic objects and user interface controls.
- Ran scripts with different input data values using parameterization.
- Applied checkpoints, regular expressions, and object repository administration in QTP.
- Report detected defects to developers and resolve them, generating functionality in production.