- Over 7+ years of IT Industry experience with a wide range of skill set and roles in Software Quality Assurance including analysis, design and testing of software applications.
- Experience in Automation software testing using Selenium tool and QTP.
- ASDA certified tester with experience in Banking, Ecommerce domains.
- Experience in Agile and Waterfall model projects.
- Exposed to Automation Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, End to End Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Analysis.
- Well versed in designing and implementing automation scripts using Selenium IDE and Selenium Web Driver, Junit and TestNG.
- Extensive knowledge of developing different type of framework like Modular, Data driven and Hybrid framework by using Junit/TestNG.
- Proficient in creating automation script from scratch. Sound knowledge of developing different type of framework like Module driven, Data driven and Hybrid framework.
- Experience in management tools like HP ALM, JIRA and some hands - on experience in build automation tool namely Maven and Jenkins.
- Performed backend testing by executing SQL queries.
- Experience with TestNG Annotation and Parallel execution.
- Execution & Debugging of the test scripts using Eclipse.
- Experience in handling Pop-up's and Handling Frames.
- Well versed in developing test automation scenarios and scripts for Web applications.
- Involved in all stages of Software Testing Life Cycle which includes Requirement Analysis, Test Design, Test Execution and Test Closure.
- Proficient in authoring and reviewing Test plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases.
- Proficient in overall test management/Problem solving including tracking bugs and reporting using ALM.
- Practiced excellent QA standards, Metrics and test management process.
- Good documentation and process management skills with an ability to effectively understand the business requirements to test a quality product.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, accustomed to work in a team environment with tight schedules and capable of working efficiently under pressure, manage multiple project and cross train sub-ordinates in other Functional areas. Good leadership skills to guide and mentor the work of less experienced personnel.
- Conducted Accenture Greenfield training session (as a trainer) on Project management (32 hrs).
Management Tools: HP ALM, JIRA, Share Point
Testing tools: HP ALM, JIRA, HP QTP, SAP logon, SOAP UI, Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver, TestNg/Junit
Build automation tools: Maven, Jenkins
Methodologies: Agile - Scrum, Waterfall
Languages: SQL, VB, JAVA
RDBMS: MS SQL Server
Operating Systems: Windows Variantss
Other Tools: MS Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power point, Visio)
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Participate in daily scrum meetings.
- Migrate test cases from Test Plan to Test lab in Quality Center.
- Deferring test cases to be executed in staging environment and setting up test data.
- Worked closely with the email team, to ensure that emails - all stages from order received to order shipped were delivered in a timely fashion to customer(s) inbox.
- Worked closely with the Product Manager to obtain clarification on ambiguous requirements and ensure that application lay out, specifications and behavior were in sync with requirements.
- Developed detailed test plans and test cases, as well as an Entrance and Exit criteria for the application being tested ensured along with standards for documentation to be followed.
- Involved in analyzing system specifications, design, development and execution of test plans and test cases for Manual and Automated testing.
- Wrote and executed automated test cases using Selenium WebDriver.
- Scope for automation script development for subsequent sprints.
- Integrate the automation tests in the Hybrid Framework (Data Driven + Keyword Driven).
- Smoke testing the application using the automation suite via TestNG across every build.
- Execute the automation tests via Jenkins on the Selenium Grid against the final build (Prod build).
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Assisted the .Net team in testing issues related to the current order path - both in qa as well as in the Prod environments.
- Created and Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure test coverage of all requirements.
- Submitted defects detected in the application and tracked the progress of defect fixes.
- Assisted the device team in their testing of the new Checkout by keeping them current on the on-going issues and helping them identify and log issues related to and pertaining to devices.
- Test suite management in Quality Center, Creating, creating custom reports across releases.
- Used SQL Queries were to retrieve data from tables and to perform Back-End testing.
- Track all issues in an issue management system - JIRA for internal applications, or an agreed upon application for manage issues or enhancements.
- Performed Regression testing on the successive releases.
- Build deployments to test environments, smoke tests and regression tests.
Environment: ALM, JIRA, Selenium Webdriver, TESTNG, SQL server, Maven, Jenkins, MS Office, Java and Windows.
Confidential, Redwood City, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in automating the reports functionality, which is critical to test in every Regression Phase, and which covers thousands of test cases.
- Collaborated with product management teams in an agile environment to develop a comprehensive set of tests for web-based applications.
- Analyzed the system requirements and developed detailed test plans, test cases and provided the documentation.
- Configured Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, and created selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile testing.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium Webdriver using data driven and Page object driven approach.
- Used Maven tool for the Project management and for the purpose of compile, run, deploy and to add external dependencies.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium Web Driver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Performed GUI, Functional and Regression testing by automated using Selenium, TestNG, Maven, and Jenkins.
- Tested application compatibility for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Developed and executed test cases and automation regression testing using Selenium Web Driver.
- Verified WSDL files, asserting files using various In-build assertions, performed Data Driven testing, in SOAP UI.
- Performed REST API Testing using Http java Test Client for REST web APIs.
- Develop test cases for functional and regression testing. Conducted usability testing, UI testing, functional testing, and database testing.
- Developed and maintained test documentation including test plans, test cases, and test data.
- Retest defect fixes and reopen issues when needed.
- Worked with Developers, Business analysts and Project managers to determine requirements (H/W specs, Test Cases, Test Data).
- Used SQL Queries to verify the data from the Oracle database.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, SOAP UI, Maven, Jenkins, java, soap, rest, MS office, Jira, ALM
- Involved in implementation of Selenium Web Driver automation with Java for regression test suites.
- Participated in planning all testing activities to ensure deliverables are met on time; including test planning, test execution, defect tracking, and test reporting
- Responsible in writing and executing selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Identified the bottleneck by running the scenario under various numbers of users and reported the issues by using HP ALM.
- Documented and presented detailed and summary test findings throughout the life of the project
- Provided client support by analyzing day to day requirements and generating reports by executing queries based on the requirement.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, HP ALM, MS-Office, Etc.
Confidential - CRA, Chennai (Client location), India
- Analysis of business requirements, Preparation of Test Plan, Designed and maintained test cases manually in excel spreadsheet and stored them on SharePoint for tracking purposes.
- Followed Agile Methodology to emphasize on real time communication over written documentation.
- Actively participated Agile and scrum meetings, review and developed test scenarios.
- Defect tracking & logging of defects in Quality Center and verifying the fixes.
- Test Execution management and Test Reporting using HP Quality Centre.
Environment: Quality Center, MS-Office, Share point Etc.
- Handled 4 initiatives as an application POC.
- Analysis of business requirements, Preparation of Test Plan, Test Execution and Test Reporting using QC.
- Conducted Functional, UAT, Integration, System and Black Box Testing of the application.
- Performed sanity and smoke testing on the system manually.
- Worked across multiple cross-functional teams to execute full system testing, integration, and coordinate End-to-End testing
- Conducted Functionality testing during various phases of the application using QTP.
- Involved in coordinating with SME to discuss different scenarios at the time of scripting Test Cases.
- Running smoke tests and daily health checks in QA environment to ensure services are up and running
- Generated the test execution report in Quality Center to be reviewed by the QA Manager and development team.
- Participated in Triage Meetings, daily status meetings with IT and business people
- Developed a macro for creating regression scripts from defects in QC.
Environment: Quality Center, JIRA, QTP, XML, MS-Office, Etc.