To secure a job in the IT industry & challenging, competitive environment where strong sense of responsibility and commitment is required & where I can utilize my knowledge for the organization’s growth, achieving experience and concentration on Software QA Testing.
- More Than five years of professional Information technology experience in Software Testing.
- Experienced in creating and designing Master Test Strategy Documents, Master Test Plan, Test schedules Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Scenarios.
- Experienced in software quality assurance, hands - on testing of custom developed applications.
- Experienced in writing test cases and test automation scripts/manual test protocols.
- Proficient in both Manual and Automation testing with ability to manage the automation of the entire testing cycles and leading the testing team.
- Experienced in testing web based applications, mobile, and web services.
- Proficient in software development methodologies like Waterfall, RUP and Agile.
- Experienced in Smoke, Black Box, Gray Box, Functional, Integration, Regression, UAT, Database and Backend Testing.
- Extensively experienced in maintaining Test Scripts using HP ALM/Quality Center.
- Experienced in designing the Test Strategy for multiple projects, defect management using ALM/Quality Center. Strong Knowledge in using the HP Automated Tools like HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA for defect Tracking Tool.
- Solid expertise in automated testing tools suite - QTP/ UFT and good exposure to SOA automation testing using SOAP UI tool.
- Experienced in performing Back end testing using SQL queries for database management.
- Expert in using HP Quick Test Professional (QTP)/UFT for front-end, functionality, integration, security, system, data driven and regression testing.
- Experienced in enhancing the QTP/UFT scripts by inserting VBScript functions and Checkpoints.
- Experienced in creating custom functions, descriptive programming.
- Expertise in developing Data driven Framework, Keyword driven Framework using QTP/UFT.
- Quick learner with a strong desire to master new Technologies in the area of Testing.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, along with strong Analytical, Technical and Documentation skills with an attitude of commitment and hard work in achieving desired results.
Testing Tools: HP Quality Center, HP Quick Test Pro, SOAP UI, ALM, UFT, JIRA,Bugzilla.
Data Base: Oracle, SQL Server.
Operating System: Windows, Unix/Linux.
Web Services: SoapUI.
Confidential, Charlotte, NC
- Involved in analyzing Business and Technical requirements, developing Test Strategy document and Test Plan.
- Prepared test data for data driven test cases and tested the entire application regarding the Requirement of system.
- Developed and provided Testing Metrics and reports for the QA dashboard to effectively.
- Involved in designing the overall Performance of Test Plan.
- Delivered Test scenarios and cases on time according to the project timeline.
- Executed Test cases manually and clearly documented defects in the defect tracking system.
- Fixed the system defects and logged the defects in HP ALM.
- Used HP ALM for new user addition.
- Involved in testing of Data Transformation in Business Objects using SQL statements.
- Involved in Data driven and Keyword driven framework using UFT.
- Used VB Script & Descriptive programming to develop Data Driven Framework in UFT.
- Developed and executed automated scripts using UFT.
- Designed and implemented Hybrid Driven Framework using UFT.
- Supported in creating test cases to check the functionality of the enhanced application and performed User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Participated in end to end manual testing of the application.
- Participated in meetings with Developers on change requests, Critical Issues, and modifications.
- Developed timelines for project delivery and managed project.
- Participated in the team meetings to discuss the issues arising out of testing.
Environment: ALM, UFT, VBScript, Java, Java Script, AJAX, Oracle, HTML, SQL, XML, Windows.
Confidential, Reston, VA
- Collaborated with project team to initiate project risk assessments, test strategies, estimates, test plans, and risk analyses in order to understand where testing should be focused.
- Designed and implemented re-usable test cases and sets, using standard tools.
- Wrote automated tests at the services/integration and UI layers, using software automation tools.
- Coordinated user acceptance, security, integration, and functional testing efforts.
- Demonstrated hands on experience writing test cases and test scripts.
- Created Driver Scripts in Quality Center/ALM to run the Sanity.
- Defected were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center/ALM.
- Wrote SQL queries to do backend testing to verify the data on hand held devices.
- Developed robust Test Scripts using QTP/UFT.
- Created automation testing framework using QTP/UFT.
- Performed Regression testing, Black-box testing and System testing for Java applications by creating VB scripts in QTP/UFT.
- Created automated test scripts using QTP/UFT and Performed smoke testing, security testing, GUI testing.
- Worked in an agile environment, with an ability to accommodate.
- Utilized defect tracking tool Jira for defect tracking, reporting and reproducing.
- Facilitated UAT testing sessions with client end users.
- Conducted test execution and result analysis.
- Reported & Tracked of bugs/defects through bug tracking tool.
- Updated documentation and send reports to the client.
Environment: HP Quality Center, HP QTP, Windows, UNIX, Java, SQL Server, Oracle, MS Office.
Confidential, Cleveland, OH
- Developed Test Plans and overall scheduling of testing activity.
- Developed manual and automated Test cases and Test configurations needed to meet testing of business requirements.
- Planned and defined Testing approach, provided advice on prioritization of testing activities in support of identified risks in project schedules.
- Developed Quality Assurance test cases to thoroughly test the business applications based on the requirements and the release documents.
- Designed and executed Test cases in a Big Data environment, documenting results according to the established QA process.
- Reported the bugs, Email notifications to the developers using Quality Center.
- Performed Test Execution using Quality Center.
- Worked closely with developers to test code written in SQL.
- Developed object repository, object spy, parameterization, and checkpoint in QTP/UFT.
- Development of Automation suite & Running it for various Business Functions using QTP/UFT.
- Executed QTP scripts for Web Service Testing.
- Inserted Text checkpoints where needed, to compare the current behavior of the application being tested to its behavior in the earlier version using QTP/UFT.
- Developed and implemented UAT test plans and test cases.
- Created and maintained Test matrices and weekly Reports.
- Involved in weekly Code Review and Test Case Review with various other members the project.
- Prepared of bug defects report through bug tracking tool.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, Java, Java Script, MS Office, VB Script, Oracle, Windows, UNIX.