- Over 8 years of Experience in Information Technology as a QA Engineer/Analyst with experience in analysis, design, development and testing of Client/Server and Web Based Applications.
- Strong Knowledge and experience of all phases of SDLC (Software Development Life Cycle), and QALC (Quality Assurance Life Cycle).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium RC/WebDriver/IDE/Grid, HP Quick Test Professional and Junit/Testing, Load Runner, Quality Center, Jmeter, JIRA, SOAPUI and Version One.
- Expert on Selenium Automation using WebDriver and Server. Heavy programming using Java, Junit, Testing.
- Proficient in using SoapUI for testing Web Services and used several types of assertions such as soap fault, Contains, Soap not fault, X - path etc.
- Expertise in functional testing AUT using Selenium IDE and Selenium WebDriver using JUNIT unit testing framework.
- Experience in Performance testing using tools like HP LoadRunner.
- Expert in writing QTP scripts from scratch by using Descriptive Programming and developing Libraries, Functions in VBScript to build Automation Frameworks.
- Expert in integrating Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Hudson for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Experience in ASP.NET and AJAX applications for testing website applications.
- Experience in Black Box testing, Functional Testing, System testing, Integration testing, Regression testing, Data Driven testing, Back End and Front-End testing and User Acceptance testing.
- Experience in applying Testing Methodologies, creating Test Plans, Executing Test Scripts, Automation of Test Cases, Defect Tracking and Report Generation.
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Test Scenarios, Test Scripts and Test reports of manual and automated tests.
- Maintained code version using GIT.
- Experience in Performance Testing of API and Web applications using Silk Performer and Jmeter.
- Expert level knowledge in all modules of Quality Center (Requirements, Test Plan, Test Lab, Dashboard and Defects).
- Demonstrated ability to work on Work Flow Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams, and Data Flow Diagrams.
- Expert in performing different tests types, QA Methodologies: White Box, Black Box, Front-End and Back-End, Stress & Load, Regression, Configuration, Functional, Installation & Integration, Smoke, and User Acceptance Testing
- Experience in bug reporting tools like Clear Quest, Bugzilla, and JIRA.
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience in testing Business Intelligence reports generated by various BI Tools like Cognos
- Good programming skills in Java, VB, Oracle, SQL, PL/SQL and experience in SQL Server, Access and Oracle Databases.
QA Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, WebDriver, Selenium Grid, ETL, .Net, WebDriver, QTP/UFT, JMeter, Cucumber, Appium, SOAP UI, Protractor
IDE: Eclipse, IntelliJ, SQL Developer, TOAD
Web Debugging Tool: Firebug, Fire path, XPath, Xpather
Bug Reporting Tools: HP ALM/Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA
Methodologies: Agile/Scrum, Waterfall
Databases: Oracle, DB2, SQL Server, MS Access
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Google Chrome
Test Frameworks: Junit, TestNG
Build Tool: Maven, ANT
Source/Version Control: Git, SVN, VSS, CVS
Documentation Tools: Microsoft Word, Microsoft Visio, Open Office, Excel
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Operating Systems: Linux, Windows, Mac
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Madison, WI
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Tested independent and dependant modules individually. Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Define, develop, and execute automation test scripts using Java that leverage black and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Performed manual testing of each build and then regression testing on each build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug to do web-based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java).
- Utilized Jenkins to build all the test cases available in Git to ensure build is successful and maintain the build history.
- Good experience with the automation tools using Appium server and Cucumber framework integrated with Selenium web driver and Maven build tools for Mobile and Web applications .
- Done SOA testing for Payments API's using SOAP UI and Java framework for web services testing.
- Experienced in testing the e-commerce applications using Mobile web browsers and Desktop browsers like safari, chrome, Firefox for distinct brands.
- Performed Mobile application testing using automation tool Appium and Selenium web driver.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Worked in Agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Performed Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath and SOAP responses.
- After logging defects in HP ALM conducted defect triage meeting with Dev team for defect resolution & closure post retest.
- To detect/track bugs we implemented JIRA.
- Developed user-friendly and flashy XSLT reports using Testing and Maven.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and Conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Set-up the functional and load test environment using QTP and Load Runner.
- Written several complex SQL queries & PL/SQL stored procedures for validating Reports.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries, to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in documentation as to how to maintain and run scripts for future enhancements. Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA, staging and production.
Environment: Cognos, Java, Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, Testing, Jenkins, Quality center, HP ALM, SOAP UI, Maven, JSP, Servlets, Struts, Java Script, SQL Server, IE, Firefox, Chrome, WebLogic, Windows, UNIX.
Sr. QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Topeka, KS
- Responsible for preparation of Test cycle/progress reports, analysis of defect metrics & implement improvement actions for next iterations.
- Developed test code in Java language using Eclipse, IDE and Junit framework.
- Converted commercial QTP Scripts to open source Selenium WebDriver scripts to maximize the profits of the company without compromising Quality.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting. Used Ant for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Designed and executed the Automation Test Scripts using Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium and WebDriver.
- Involved in documenting test cases and packaging test suites and making them available to all of engineering and QA using HP Quality Center.
- Maintained all the test cases in GIT/Bit Bucket.
- Applied Load Testing using JMeter and involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium Web driver.
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), TDD (Test Driven Development) using Ruby-Cucumber-Appium and Java-Cucumber-Appium.
- Sound knowledge in implementing the Cucumber Reporting with screen shots, Junit and TestNg.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Performed Smoke Testing to make sure all the Test Channels and Test Environment is working as desired.
- Responsible for fixing and maintaining regression automation test scripts for end to end testing using Selenium WebDriver (using Java).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNg, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using Junit prior to agile release.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Experienced in writing the feature files for Android and iOS Mobile web browsers testing using Eclipse, Appium and cucumber Framework.
- Created and maintained regression suite using selenium web driver and cucumber framework.
- Data Validation and testing using SQL and PL/SQL with Oracle and Toad also JDBC.
- Conducted backend testing using SQL queries to validate data for database and Used SQL queries for retrieving data from database for executing user specific test cases.
- Defect logging and tracking using Mercury Quality Center (QC) and updated the test defects status with results.
- Involved in testing of web application by creating XML test suite.
- Closely involved with development team, maintenance team and business team regarding changing requirements, builds and releases.
Confidential, Seaford, DE
- Worked closely with developers and other QA members to define test requirements and developed test cases based on the Business requirements and System requirements.
- Responsible for design and development of requirements collected from the customer.
- Prepared test plans to identify test strategies and resource.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium RC and Junit.
- Defined test automation strategy, designed automated tests, created automated test cases, test plans and executed tests using Selenium.
- Responsible for setting up the framework and test environment.
- Developed ANT Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium RC.
- Extensively involved in integrating Selenium RC with existing API to test framework.
- Used Selenium GRID to execute test cases parallel on different target machines.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for back-end testing using Selenium and executed the Junit tests.
- Involved in executing all Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in System-wide Integration, regression and Load testing.
- Performed active regression, load, stress, volume and performance testing.
- Worked in Manual and Automated testing of applications on Windows and UNIX/Linux Environment.
- Verified database test results using Toad.
- Clearly documented all the test cases and executing methods and techniques and uploaded all the requirements.
- Worked closely with Business teams and participated in Business Acceptance Testing (BAT).
- Actively participated in status report meetings and interacted with other team members for technical issues.
Confidential, Salem, NH
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Developed and Executed Automation and Manual test cases for Functional testing of various modules of the application.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Executed positive and negative scenarios.
- Automated functional scenarios using Selenium IDE and RC.
- Worked on developing the automation scripts for backend testing using Selenium RC.
- Created automated scenarios using Selenium for regression and Data-Driven testing.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on Oracle.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Worked with users on User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in tracking and reporting defects using QC and was also responsible for communicating the status to the development team.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
Environment: Java, Selenium RC, Selenium IDE, Firebug, SQL, HP Quality Center, Oracle10g and Windows.
- Analyzed Functional specifications, Business rules to gain a better understanding of the application
- Prepared Test Cases for Basic, Alternate and Error Flows.
- Reviewed Test Scenarios and Test Cases.
- Conducted Smoke testing to ensure the stability of the Application
- Managing the Test Process, Web/e Business Testing,
- Used Test to invoke the scripts and initially performed the baseline testing and organized all the scripts systematically and generated reports.
- Test Case Execution and logging defects for the failed test cases into the Excel Sheet.
- Creation and Maintenance of Defect Profiles.
- Performed Performance testing with LoadRunner.
- Wrote VBScripts for Black Box and White Box Testing.
- Coordinating with Development Team for the bug fixing.
- Status reporting and test updating in HP Quality Center.
- Used Unix Shell Scripting as needed for backing up data.
- Performing Backend testing using extensive SQL queries by UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Used Win Runner for functional and regression testing of the application to make sure transactions and business processes work as intended and developed TSL scripts.
- Conducted Boundary and Error testing on the AUT manually for selected Test Cases.
- Involved in application Functional and Regression Testing of the application.
- Performed functional testing, smoke testing, regression testing and end-end testing.
- Used Data base driven framework to automate regression test cases using VB Script/QTP.
- Preparation of Defect Reports to track the project status.
- To detect/track bugs we implemented JIRA.
- Involved to write test clients to test the UNIX/Linux functionalities in the language like Java and Shell Scripting.
- Involved in functional testing, black box testing, negative testing, compatibility testing, and recovery testing.
Environment: Toad, PL/SQL, XML, UNIX, Quality Center 9.0, Weblogicserver5.1, SQL Server 2005 Windows 2003/XP, VS.Net 2008, ASP.Net, VB.Net, SQL Server 2005, T-SQL, CSS and HTML, QTP.
- Developed and executed test cases for application testing.
- Manually tested the application
- Automates scripts using win runner
- Involved in preparing metrics and sending reports to manager
- Performed Black box, module, integration and system testing.
- Generated defects and tracked errors using Test Director.
- Performed backend testing and data loading into oracle tables using SQL Loader.
Environment: Oracle 9i, UNIX, SQL Loader, VB 6.0, Windows NT/ 2000/XP Win Runner 6.02, and Test Director.