- US citizen and over 5 years of experience in Information Technology field specializing in Software Functional and Automation testing, which includes testing Client/Server and Web - based applications in Windows Environment, seeking a technically challenging position as a Software Tester/QA Analyst based on strong analytical background, extensive experience in business requirements analysis, Manual Testing, Test automation, QA Methodologies. Well organized and has the ability to meet deadlines, stay focused on tasks, goals and objectives.
- Hand on experience in QTP, Quality Assurance, Testing, Analysis, Research and Development using SDLC methodology.
- Knowledge of selenium webdriver using testing frameworks.
- Hands on experience in developing Test Strategy, Test Plan, Test Reports, Test Cases and Test Scripts to verify application functionality against business requirements for manual and automated testing by using Mercury Testing Tools (ALM, Quality Center, QTP, Load Runner).
- Strong Experience in various phases of STLC that includes System Testing, Functional Testing, Regression and/or Integration Testing, GUI, UAT and Database Testing using different methodologies like AGILE and Waterfall.
- Strong experience in defining automation framework, planning, developed and executing automated test scripts using HP QTP-UFT.
- Hands on experience in developing test cases for cross-browser (MSIE, Firefox, Chrome, and Safari) and cross-platform (Windows 7, MAC OS X) testing in virtual machine (VMware) environment.
- Extensive knowledge in SQL Database for Back End Testing through Oracle Database/ Client Server Database.
- Experience in Manual Test Management tools such as Quality Center 9.0, ALM 11.00 applications.
Programming: Java, Visual Basic, C/C++
Databases: Client Server Database, Database Interface
Testing Tools: HP UFT 12.2, HP ALM, Toad, JIRA, Test Rails, Selenium Webdriver
Application Software: MS Office, MS Visio
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Software Automation & Functional Test Engineer
- Participate in the review and analysis of business, functional, system requirements specification and design documents to ensure testability, reporting of gaps/discrepancies.
- Participate in story and design sessions to provide appropriate feedback regarding requirements and design change request.
- Performed analysis of Requirements, User Stories, acceptance criteria, Design documentation and user guide, and prepare a product test plan, test strategy, test condition, and test scenario.
- Participate in daily scrum meeting and provide status update to the scrum team members.
- Attend and participate Release planning, and Retrospective meetings.
- Perform Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, End to End, User Acceptance, Backend, Web Service, Security, Exploratory and Compliance Testing.
- Develop and update existing automation framework and set up test automation environment.
- Develop and maintain automation function library, test scripts and execute scripts using HP UFT.
- Perform data driven testing by using external parameterization in HP UFT to test the application
- Perform Web Services testing using Soap UI tool for Functional and Regression testing by developing scripts.
- Participate in bug tracking meetings with developers to validate the severity of the bug
- Collaborate with Onsite/Offshore teams to coordinate test activities
- Use pre-existing functions and plug the code in the framework.
- Use SoapUI for API testing both SOAP and REST protocols in different web services, and wrote Xpath/XQuery language codes to add various assertions for the test.
- Perform cross browser testing (IE, Firefox, Chrome, Safari) on Windows 7/Linux
- Create and managed testing schedules based on release version.
- Perform back-end testing to ensure data consistency on the front-end by writing SQL queries in Oracle (9i, 10g, 11g), SQL server (2005, 2008, 2012).
- Prepare UAT script and plan for UAT testing and walk them through all the changes for project.
- Review the bug in HP ALM and provide proper walk through to developer regarding issues.
- Handled and hosted the defect call meeting with developers and test teams.
- Involved in testing HIPAA Transactions & Code Sets Standards like Payment and Initial enrollment.
- Conducted smoke, regression, user, and full network system testing in Integration.
- Processed EDI 834 and 820 and Validate it is converted into correct XML.
- Validate EDI 834 ADD, Change, Effectuation and CIC Transactions and business rules.
- Worked on EDI 834 Active and Passive renewals for FFM and SBE.
- Lead calls with FFM and SBE to triage Inbound and Outbound EDI834 issues.
- Validated TA1/999.
- Processed multiple XML Files and bulk EDI Files.
- Validate third party vendors data coming in EDI format and convert into an XML.
- Created Mapping (Data Mapping relates XML to EDI and EDI to XML).
- Processed X12 EDI transactions such as 820, 834.
- Generate QA estimates for multi-phase project approach and communicate to project manager.
- Create test plans and strategies to validate successful creation of Test data.
- Extensive use of HP ALM for test execution, defect tracking and QA related reports creation.
Environment: Windows 7/Server 2008, MS office, SoapUI, J2EE, .net, Oracle 11g, Eclipse IDE kepler (4.3), Oracle SQL Developer - 3.2, Maven, Tomcat (6.0.14),UFT, Notepad++, XMLSpy, Rally, Visio 2013, and SharePoint.
Confidential, Manassas, VA
Software Automation& Functional Test Engineer
- Involved in implementing and writing of Product Master, Test Plan, and Test Reports.
- Participated in the Product Requirement discussions with the Product Owners and Development team and understood and analyzed the Product Requirements thoroughly.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix for the product across different releases and also updated the Requirement traceability matrix timely with the changes.
- Created manual and automation test scripts and executed test using HP ALM 11.52, QTP 11.0.
- Created test cases of various modules across various releases and uploading them in HP ALM 11.52 and Responsible for updating and maintaining different version of the test cases base on the system Change request.
- Performed User Interface testing Used SoapUI functional testing tool to test the web services and validated the request and responses. Was responsible for analyzing the results and updating the discrepancies to Development team.
- Performed regression, functionality, System, Interface, front end, back end, negative, positive and user acceptance testing using manual testing.
- Executed the manual and automated test cases in HP ALM 11.50 for every build, updated, and analyzed the results and log defect if there any.
- Performed backend testing /database testing with Oracle and SQL server. Wrote complex SQL queries for Backend database data validation against front end data.
- Involved in analyzing and preparing the regression test suite for automation using QTP. Contributed in writing Keyword Driven & Data-driven automation Frameworks scripts using VB scripting for GUI/Functional testing in Quick Test Professional (QTP) which was executed from HP ALM 11.50 during the build testing cycle.
- Wrote reusable actions in QTP using descriptive programming. Updated the automation scripts in QTP every release to keep them updated.
- Involved in updating the existing automation scripts and modified the same to include integration of QTP with ALM.
Environment: Windows 7/Server 2008, Unix/Linux, J2EE, .net, Oracle 11g, SQL Server2008 r2, Quality Center, QTP, Soap UI, Load Runner.
Confidential, Washington, DC
Functional Test Analyst
- Was responsible for all testing efforts (integration, functional, system, UAT and automation testing) using the HP ALM and UFT.
- Attended weekly testing meetings, creating test plans, enter test cases into HP ALM 11.52, and reviewing all defects / retest more complex defects as assigned.
- Managed and maintained the release test plan which ensures the quality and reduces the risk of failure.
- Developed Test Strategy for estimating the time required for testing and the entry and exit criteria for each test.
- Conducted extensive UAT as well as end user trainings for the health care applications.
- Documented details of test plans, test cases and expected results in HP ALM.
- Extensive knowledge of documenting test requirements and Test Plan using HP ALM to track the stakeholders requested enhancements and changes.
- Created Daily Status Reports, Test Defect Reports and Test Summary Report by test event.
- Was responsible for convert manual test case to automation scripts by using HP QTP.
- Developed and maintained existing automation framework
- Actively participated in enhancement meetings to investigate software bugs and interacted with developers to resolve technical issues.
- Acted as a subject matter expert in applicable areas of business and systems.
- Provided expertise in software testing methods and practices to project teams.
- Developed and documented test plans and test cases based on business requirements.
- Executed test cases for all levels of testing within the project life cycle: Smoke (Sanity) Testing, Functionality Testing, Ad Hoc Testing, Regression Testing, End-to-End system testing, and production installation, planning and execution.
- Reported on test progress and test results to team member and documented defects, updating defect status, and tracked defects to closure.
Environment: Unix/Linux, J2EE, .net, Windows, Oracle 11g, SQL Server2008 r2, Quality Center, QTP, SOAP UI, Load Runner.