QA Automation Engineer having 7+ years of experience with highly rewarding career, seeking an opportunity where I can use my skills, knowledge, experience and education for the advancement of the company and surpass its goals.
- Extensive experience in diversified areas of analysis, design, development, implementation and testing client, server and enterprise applications using Java and Java Script technologies.
- Good experience in Object Oriented Design (OOD), analysis (OOA), modeling (OOM) based on Unified Modeling Language (UML).
- Good experience with the automation tools using Appium and Cucumber Test Automation framework integrated with Selenium web driver and Maven build tools for Mobile (Android, iPhone, IPad, Windows) and Web applications.
- Expert in writing the Gherkin scripts and step definitions using cucumber - Java, Espresso for Android, XCTest for iOS using XCode for automated testing.
- Good experience in OOPs using Core Java and extensively used classes, objects, inheritance, polymorphism, exception handling, packages, collections, JUNIT, TestNG and many more.
- Good Experience in performing the functional testing for mobile applications, ADA(Accessibility) and Analytics testing.
- Proven Hands on Experience in Ecommerce domain, Retail Domain, Health Care domain, Banking Domain.
- Impressive knowledge in handling the Defect Triage meetings by coordinating with multiple teams to resolve the issues quickly.
- Experience with source code control management tools like subversion (SVN), GIT, Microsoft TFS, Source tree.
- Extensive experience in Quality Assurance using Manual and automation tools which includes Selenium web driver, SQL developer, QTP, UFT, Quality Center, Cucumber, Jenkins, SOAP UI, Ranorex, protractor, cloud tools like perfecto and seeTest.
- Proficient in black box testing, performance testing, Graphical User Interface testing (GUI), User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Regression Testing, Integration Testing and white box testing.
- Impressive knowledge in using the Stash, Bit bucket web hosting services for projects which uses GIT.
- Excellent debugging and problem-solving skills with Eclipse, Android Studio and XCode.
- Experience in various methodologies of SDLC like Agile and waterfall development.
- Experience in mocking web services using LISA, SOAPUI, POSTMAN, REST Client Customized web tools for web services testing in a Service Oriented Architecture Environment(SOA).
- Extensive experience in requirement analysis, functional analysis, excellent conceptual and logical thinking.
- Excellent working experience with variety of operating systems like Macintosh (mac OS for mac lap top and Mac Desktop), Windows and Ubuntu.
- Able to take initiative, work independently and also as a team player.
- Good knowledge of performing JDA allocations to stores and Distribution Centers (DC).
- Good experience in creating the Vendor ASNs using the Bamboo Rose Application.
- Experienced in PO creation for Retail domain using Retail Merchandizing System Application.
- Impressive knowledge of creating the Excel Macros using VBA for automation testing.
- Familiar with JIRA for bug tracking, story analysis and status tracking in agile world.
- Expertise in documenting defects with high level of detail, accuracy, and informative recreation steps using Quality Center, JIRA, Bugzilla etc.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium Web driver, Espresso, XCTest, Appium, Protractor, Soap UI, QTP, UFT.
Build Tools: Maven, Ant
CI Tools: Jenkins
Markup Languages: HTML 5, XML, JSON.
Programming languages: C, C++, Core Java, Ruby, PL/SQL, VBA
Databases: SQL Developer Oracle 10g/11g
Debugging Tools: Log cat, DDMS, Junit
IDE s: Selenium IDE, Eclipse, Android Studio, XCode, Charles, Postman, Rest client.
Cloud Testing: Perfecto Mobile and seeTest
Operating Systems: Windows, Macintosh.
Version Control Systems: SVN, GIT, TFS.
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (ALM), Microsoft Test Manager.
- Involved in preparing Test Plans and Test Scripts based on functional specifications and user requirements for Mobile and Desktop web applications.
- Actively participated in writing the feature files and groovy files for different Web Browsers testing and Rest API testing.
- Created and maintained regression suite using selenium web driver and cucumber framework.
- Good experience with Water fall and Agile(Scrum) methodologies.
- Actively participated in Daily Stand up, Iteration Planning, Sprint review, Defect Triage and Retrospective meetings.
- Experience in Preparing Test scenarios, Test Data and Test cases for Unit, Integration, System, Functional, Regression, Sanity, Smoke(BVT) and End to End testing.
- Experienced in developing the step definitions using the Core Java, Java script, groovy with cucumber framework using POM model for a Maven project.
- Experienced in performing Backend testing/databases testing for Retail systems.
- Good Experience with selenium web driver to perform UI testing for desktop and mobile web apps for Android, iPhone, IPad devices.
- Hands on experience in writing the test cases for front end and automating them using Ranorex record and play back.
- Good experience in cross browser testing and parallel testing for mobile and desktops using Ranorex.
- Sound knowledge in implementing the Cucumber Reporting with screen shots, Junit, TestNG, Rest Assured libraries.
- Experienced with ATG Ecommerce automated testing for different brands like Justice, Lane Bryant, Catherine’s, Dressbarn etc. using cucumber framework, java and Eclipse on Windows and Mac laptop and Mac desktop including iPhone, android, iPad and windows.
- Experienced in performing the Secure Checkout, Visa Check out, PayPal and Apple Pay testing under Sandbox Testing Environment.
- Good experience in using the developer tools to find the element locator strategies like XPaths, Class names and element ids to create Page Objects for UI testing using Appium and Protractor.
- Experienced in writing the Excel macros, UFT scripts using VBA for UI testing and databases testing, SOAP UI for Soap services testing.
- Experienced in performing the JDA allocations and creating the Vendor ASNs using Bamboo Rose applications.
- Actively Participated in R&D and creating the POC for Geb automation testing using Groovy and Cucumber framework.
- Experienced in writing the feature files for Android and iOS Mobile web browsers testing using Eclipse, Appium and cucumber framework.
- Experienced in testing the e-commerce applications using Mobile web browsers and Desktop browsers like safari, chrome, Firefox for different brands.
- Experienced in using the HP ALM and JIRA for test case execution and defect tracking.
- Experience in using the version control systems like GIT and SVN .
Environment: Retail domain, Ecommerce domain, Mobile Automation, Appium, Core java, Java Script, Cucumber framework, Selenium web driver, SQL developer, Protractor, Maven, BDD, GIT, Ranorex, SOAP UI, UFT, Visual Basic for Applications, Eclipse, QC/ALM, JIRA, JDA, RMS.
Mobile Automation Engineer
- Experienced in working under Agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Extensive Experience with SDLC methodologies like Agile and waterfall .
- Good experience on Mobile Application Functional Testing on Android and iOS (iPhone and IPad) platforms.
- Good experience is using the Windows and Mac machine operating systems.
- Expertise in Mobile Accessibility testing and Mobile Digital Analytics testing for Android and iOS applications as per American Disability Act as per WCAG 2.0 standards.
- Good experience in preparing test data with nearly 14 varieties of credit and debit accounts has been conditioned for Mobile apps testing for android, iOS, windows and iPad devices.
- Experienced in preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements as part of Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC).
- Developed the features, scenarios, step definitions for BDD (Behavior Driven Development) and TDD (Test Driven Development) using java, java script, ruby, cucumber, Appium, perfecto mobile, and seeTest.
- Expertise in analyzing the stories and identifying the Test Scenarios for both android and iOS .
- Involved in preparation of Test Cases and Execution of Test Cases as part of Native Mobile Application testing .
- Sound knowledge on JIRA for bug tracking, story analysis, test cases and test cycles tracking.
- Experienced in Sanity Testing, Smoke Testing, Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Re-Testing, Regression Testing for both Android and iOS platforms.
- Proven knowledge and ability to handle the complete QA Test management and Change Management through change control board as part of test life cycle.
- Good experience in daily scrum meetings to present daily progress and also actively participated in coordinated JAD sessions, Defect Triage Meetings, Sprint Planning meetings, Retrospective meetings etc.
- Hands on Experience in testing the Native Mobile applications, Unit testing and UI testing using Espresso library for Android and XCTest for iOS.
- Experience in automating the Native Mobile apps by writing the feature files and step definitions using Java, Appium Test Automation Framework, Cucumber framework and Selenium web driver.
- Experience in JIRA, Quality Center/ALM and Microsoft Test Manager to log defects and to generate reports.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven for Project automation build tool, Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Designed and Developed Regression and Sanity automation test suite using Eclipse, Appium, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber framework to increase efficiency in testing.
- Experienced in Load and Performance testing tool JMeter and HP Load Runner .
- Utilized various test tools for automation of test cases Generate test reports and performed extensive Web Services testing using SOAP UI and Postman/Rest Client/Charles/fiddler for Rest APIs testing.
- Performed API level automation testing for Restful services using Rest Assured Library and Rest Client.
- Good experience in performing back-end validations using SQL statements against Oracle Database.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies in completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Proven knowledge on Unix/Linux shell scripting and good hands on interactive debugging.
- Good Experience in using the Version Control Systems (VCS) like Source tree, GIT, TFS and also code repositories like GitHub, Stash and Bit bucket .
Environment: Android SDK, ADT-Plugin, Eclipse, Android Studio, Java, Java Script, Ruby, JSON, XML, SQL, Logcat, BDD, GIT, TFS, MTM, Cucumber framework, Gherkin, SOAP UI, Postman, Charles, Rest client, selenium web driver, Maven, Appium, seeTest, perfecto.
Confidential, Richfield, MN
Java Tester/QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in developing test management/testing life cycle processes such as test plan, test strategies, test scenarios, test scripts and test steps based on Business and System Use Cases.
- Actively participated in scrum meetings, Stand-up meetings, walkthrough meetings, weekly automation meeting with all other QA, weekly assessment meetings with business analysts and developers.
- Followed Agile Methodologies and Software Quality Audits for all the Phases of SDLC.
- Performed Functional tests using Selenium WebDriver with data driven framework.
- Executed Selenium tests for automation testing of the web applications using Selenium Web Driver.
- Followed Test Driven Development (TDD) as much as possible and written test cases using TestNG for every relevant class.
- Experienced in load and performance testing with JMeter.
- Wrote highly efficient and maintainable Java code to develop Page Objects using the Selenium Framework.
- Designed and developed QTP framework using Scripting by implementing Page Object Model.
- Created test cases, test plans, tested API’s, wrote JUNIT and TestNG test cases, executed code coverage, wrote automation scripts using Selenium, executed database queries for testing purposes and led different projects in the shipping and checkout testing.
- Entered test cases in HP Application Lifecycle Management (ALM) tool; executed test cases within tool for tracking.
- Performed Black box/Functional and white box/Unit testing, Integration, Regression, Sanity, Build Verification/sanity testing.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG functions which reads data from properties and XML files.
- Designed and formulated an initial plan for new automation test framework using Appium and integration with Selenium and Jenkins (In an early stage) for integrating the device and web applications for android and iOS devices like iPhone and IPad.
- Developed Maven Build scripts to run Sanity Test scripts developed in Selenium WebDriver. After executing the scripts, cucumber report plugin is used to send the execution reports over email.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using Behavior Driven Development(BDD) approach like Cucumber.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Developed test harness for Web Services automated testing by means of SOAP UI and ANT.
- Validated SOAP and REST services with JSON/XML. scripts implementing parameterization both manually and by data driven wizards in JMeter
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Experience in using the version control systems like source tree using GIT, Microsoft TFS, Stash and Bit bucket .
- As part of agile, Microsoft Team Foundation Server is also used for requirements analysis .
- Identified and reported bugs using defect tracking tool HP Quality Center/ALM, JIRA and presented bug reports for weekly status updates.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and Use Case documents and created the Test Plans, Test cases for Functional testing.
- Involved in providing the Testing Effort estimates and provided the timely feedback on progress of the testing activity as part of test management/testing life cycle(STLC).
- Involved in writing load test scripts using Apache JMeter
- Converted QTP scripts to Selenium WebDriver scripts. Used Java language.
- Recorded and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Created Automation test framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Exported Test Scripts (Java-Selenium WebDriver) in Eclipse IDE and modified the selenium scripts and executed. Prepared automation test framework (Junit).
- Developed Test Framework in Selenium for UI Regression Test Automation and when necessary, and potentially execute Unit Test automation (Java/Junit).
- Developed and maintained automated test scripts for Regression testing using QTP, including parameterizing QTP Scripts
- Hands on experience in using the GIT and Microsoft Team Foundation server(TFS) version controls.
- Created Keyword-Driven Automated Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver configured under Eclipse, Junit environment.
- Performed different testing task using various test scripts on Selenium WebDriver and Junit.
- Tests developed in Eclipse to start and to stop the selenium server and to execute the tests in browser.
- Good experience in using the test case management tools like Microsoft Test Manager, HP ALM, JIRA.
- Writing Test Objectives, Cases & Executing the Cases using SOAP UI.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers like Internet Explorer and Mozilla Fire Fox on different Operating Systems (validation).
- Used Quality Center as Test Repository for Requirements, Test plans.
- Successfully Completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each release of the project with the help of end user requirements.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, change control management meetings to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole and leading offshore team.
- Worked on Full Cycle of Software Development from Analysis through Design, Development, Testing, Integration, and Deployment.
- Worked with internal and external business for requirements gathering, conceptualization, and realization and process improvements.
- Involved in design of the system using UML .
- Worked on designing and developing scalable and extensive frameworks.
- Worked on RAD and Test-Driven Development (TDD) environment.
- Design and development of modules using MVC .
- Performed data validation in Form beans and Action Classes.
- Worked on XML, XSLT, XPATH and DOM .
- Used RAD for developing the application.
- Prepared Unit Test Plan & performed Unit Testing using JUnit .
- Used Log4j for logging debug, info & error data.
- Configured Web Sphere Application Server to suit as per applications' requirement.
- Configured connection pools, data sources, and queues.
- Prepared Design Documents, Deployment Documents and User Manuals.
- Used SVN as version control system for the source code management.
- Proven ability in handling the testing life cycle by creating defects, test cycles and fixing the bugs etc.
- Addressed QA issues & provided fixes on short notice.
- Involved in User Acceptance Testing and monitored the application while migrating to production.
- Troubleshooting and resolve problems.
- Used Remedy, Bugzilla, clear quest for issue tracking.
Java Trainee - Dev and QA Support
- Analyzed the requirements as part of requirements analysis phase
- Performed unit testing as part of tech support during the development phase for fixing the bugs.
- Involved in writing the Junit Test Cases for the merged code
- Tested the java code for issues and provided fixes as part of Glass box testing
- Improved knowledge in implementing different architectures like (MVC) Model View Controller
- Used Log4j for debugging purpose
- Actively involved in using the concepts like Inheritance, polymorphism for avoiding the duplication of java methods
- Gained good knowledge in debugging the service logs
- Enhanced knowledge in implementing the service integrations .
- Used Remedy as a Bug tracker for moving/updating the status of issues
- Actively addressed and fixed the QA issues and raised pull requests
- Gained good knowledge in handling the Sub Version Control(SVN) system for source code management
- Performed Functional, White box and Black bo x testing
- As part of QA support involved in creating the functional test cases and defects
- Actively took part during the time of QA production support.