- Around 7+ years of work experience in Software Quality Assurance and Testing in diverse applications on various platforms.
- Working knowledge on software development process, project management and testing lifecycle methodologies like Waterfall and Agile Models (CI and CD environment).
- Expertise in creating Hybrid Automation Frameworks using Selenium WebDriver and Page Object Pattern, Data Driven Testing, UI Mapping and Java Design Patterns.
- Good exposure to TDD and BDD environments - worked with Cucumber features, scenarios and step definitions.
- Good experience with Java libraries like Apache POI for data driven Testing, REST Assured, HttpClient, Jackson, JSON Path, org.json for REST API automation and log4J for logging and debugging applications.
- Extensive experience testing Web Services (SOAP and REST) using SoapUI and browser based plugins like Postman and REST Client.
- Working Knowledge of Linux commands.
- Expertise in automating mobile native (Android and IOS) applications using Appium, Java and TestNG.
- Familiarity with Android automation framework concepts like UIAutomator, UI Selector and inspecting tools - UI Automator Viewer and Appium Inspector.
- Experience using android debugging tools like Logcat, Android Monitor using Android Studio. Worked with ADB commands and Appium node.js commands.
- Experience in running parallel automation scripts using Selenium Grid, TestNG parallel testing.
- Familiarity with running automation suite on Sauce labs browser cloud.
- Knowledge writing automated scripts for AngularJS application using protractor and Java scripts.
- Performed Web Services Testing, data driven testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAPUI.
- Knowledge of Python, JSON, and Groovy Script.
- Solid testing experience with Web Services -SOAP and RESTful APIs.
- Experience with build and Continuous Integration using Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience working with continuous deployment using Docker and code reviews using Gerrit.
- Knowledge working with NOSQL databases specifically MongoDB.
- Experience with JMeter, LoadRunner to do Load and Stress tests for Web applications and Rest API’s.
- Knowledge on AngularJS application module testing using Protractor.
- Familiarity working with Node.JS and NightWatch.js for web automation.
- Experience in defect management, defect analysis and defect reporting using Rally, JIRA and HP ALM/QC.
- Strong knowledge of Relational Databases, proficient in writing SQL queries for testing Database Mapping and Database Integrity
- Experience in finding web elements using locators like CSS Selectors, XPath etc.
- Experience working with shell scripting and UNIX/Linux commands.
Automation Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver, SOAPUI Quick Test Pro, Protractor, Python, HTTPClient Appium.
Performance Testing: JMeter, Load Runner.
Operating Systems: Windows, Ubuntu, UNIX, Linux, Android.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML, XPATH, AJAX, SOAP, AngularJS, Node. JS
RDBMS: Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL.
Java Packages: Apache HttpClient, Appium, Apache POI
Defect/Bug Tracking Tools: Rally, JIRA, QC, BugZilla.
Confidential, Dublin, CA
Sr.QA Automation Engineer
- Developed Selenium test scripts using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Maven and TestNG.
- Used different patterns like Page Object, Data Driven testing, UI Mapping and Java Design patterns.
- Participated in daily scrum calls, defect meetings, sprint planning for sizing of stories and sprint retrospective meetings.
- Designed manual Test cases and BDD Feature Files from requirements through Cucumber on a data driven framework using apache poi library.
- Implemented Page Object Model in Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver.
- Executed test cases on different browsers in cloud using Sauce Labs.
- Involved in White box Testing, Functionality Testing and Regression Testing.
- Document all the findings/results/defects in UAT in (Application Lifecycle Management).
- Worked on Rest API testing using Rest Assured based automation framework with Jackson libraries.
- Worked with mobile app locators using UIAutomator and Appium Inspector. Knowledge on parallel testing and grid configurations for mobile apps.
- Performed black box/functional testing, regression testing on Application Under Test
- Developed test scripts in Appium (Java + Selenium) to test mobile application functionality for iOS and Android devices.
- Maintain Code versions through GIT and test execution and reporting through Jenkins.
- Performed regression testing at the end of each Sprint and published cucumber reports through Jenkins.
- Used Maven, Git, and Jenkins to maintain and execute automation scripts.
- Worked closely with the developers within the SCRUM team.
- Designing and writing test cases based on the acceptance criteria of the user story assigned.
- Raised defects and updated/tracked defects using Rally on specific user stories allocated.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium.
- Executed White box test cases of the Java API using Junit framework & Eclipse.
- Provide the Business Users with all the required details/tools, user manuals & guides, related information to conduct their UAT
- Performing End to End testing of the application including Black box testing, Functionality testing using manual testing and Regression testing using Automation testing QTP/HP UFT.
- Extractor to get a session ID from the server response and created User Defined Variables for storing values that can be used in different parts of the load-testing scenario.
- Used SQL for data integrity testing, captured the SQL statements from the application execution and verified in SQL Developer.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in writing Selenium scripts using WebDriver for automated testing.
- Used XPath in the context of Selenium in order to pick out page elements in a robust manner.
- Created test scripts to test Rest APIs using Http Client, org.json, TestNG and Java based framework.
- Tested native mobile applications using Appium. Experience working with Android SDK, UIAutomator Viewer, Appium Inspector, ADB, logcat.
- Test Case Execution and Bug Reporting using JIRA.
- Involved on API testing, White Box, Black box Testing, scrum team/agile environment and Conducted Integration Testing between various subsystems.
- Used Maven, Selenium WebDriver, and Java with Jenkins to create nightly automation scripts.
- Created automated test scripts via Selenium WebDriver for UI and functional testing which can be added to TestNG based automatic regression test suite.
- Gained knowledge on Cucumber BDD framework with WebDriver for UI and API Automation.
- Communicate effectively with both management and peers while detecting/solving issues.
- Developed and executed SQL statements for the database testing.
- To make sure the velocity of the team is maintained in an AGILE environment during releases.
- Used and monitored JIRA to log, track and close defects as and when developers provide fix.
- Interacted with End users and investigated issues relating to QA during UAT Phase
- Validate the code in production environment during production deployment
Environment: SQL, Java, WebDriver, TestNG, White box, JUnit, Http Client, SoapUI, UAT, JIRA, NoSql, Maven, Appium, Agile, Jenkins.
- Strong exposure and Experience in the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies like Waterfall, Software Testing Life cycle (STLC) and extensive experience with QA testing procedures, processes, and standards
- Used Agile software methodologies in the Project as per the client direction and used to have daily scrum meeting.
- Involved in extracting data from the database and injected it in selenium scripts to make dynamic Automation framework.
- Setup the Automation framework using TestNG features to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Developed Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver (Java) and Test Execution using TestNG.
- Performed Java API testing with JUnit automated tests
- Tested Android app using AVD emulators for different versions for android and used ADB and LogCat debugging issues.
- Used Maven to create and execute automation scripts.
- Created performance test scripts using JMeter to monitor response time and performance of the web application.
- Helped in performance testing for API using JMeter, by writing and running the performance test, collect data, and generate reports.
- Automated the test cases using an Appium for mobile application testing.
- Validated SOAP responses by using assertions like XPath match, schema compliance, contains, SOAP fault etc.
- Sent SOAP request to check web services data by transfer the response using Groovy Script(Property Transfer) and analysed the response
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAPUI. I have been using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases, run them, do load testing, security testing.
- Performed functional and performance testing of Web Services.
- Used build tools "Maven" and Continuous Integration tool "Jenkins”.
- Designed and executed SQL system boundary and use test cases for Oracle migration for white box testing.
- Written shell scripts to execute test scripts on batch process.
- Participated in Business Analysis, Requirement Analysis and Data Analysis. Conducting Manual and Automated Tests with Selenium.
- Involved in analysis and study of functional specifications for the enhancement of existing functionality.
- Performed Load and Performance Testing using LoadRunner.
- Created and maintained smoke/functional/regression scripts for web-based application using Junit.
- Executed Integration testing and Regression testing for all critical transactions.
- Developed detailed Test Plans and Test Cases in HP Quality Center and executed them for ecommerce applications.
- Developed & maintained the traceability matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Automated the scripts using Selenium.
- Responsible for GUI Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing and Acceptance Testing.
- Tested User Interface inconsistency and application functionality.
- Tracked the issues using HP Quality Center.
- Performed Stress testing using LoadRunner.
- Used LoadRunner and Vu-Gen to perform Parameterization and Correlation using Counters.
- Worked as a liaison between Development team and testing team.
- Responsible for analysis of business user needs documentation of requirements and translation into proper system requirement specifications.
- Developed Test objectives for the applications based on User Requirements/Use cases.
- Involved in project planning, coordination and implemented QA methodology.
- Automated regression test cases using Selenium.
- Created Test data based on user requirements.
- Developed RTM (Requirements Traceability Matrix) to match requirements with test cases and verified the application coverage with the test cases planned.
- Manually tested the application to baseline before going for the automated testing.
- Developed several SQL queries and PL/SQL scripts to perform backend testing of the database.
- Checked Front End Functionality, Hyperlinks, Navigation, GUI and System Integration testing of the Application.
- Performed Data Validation followed by the manual testing of back end.
- Involved in the User Acceptance Testing, Participated in various meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues.
Environment: Quality Center, Selenium, GUI, SQL, MS Office Suite.
- Designed Efficient Manual test cases based on analysis of Business Requirement documents.
- Understanding the business requirements and developed test cases to test the complete functionality of the application.
- Involved in requirement gathering, analysis of the requirements from the user.
- Created test scripts and performed functionality, and Regression testing.
- Assisted in design review meetings making sure all the requirements were covered in the development project scope.
- Maintained Traceability Matrix to ensure all conditions were covered in the Test Cases.
- Executed test cases and analyzed the test results.
- Responsible for performing Functional testing, System testing and Smoke testing.
- Executed test cases before and after bug fixes for each build for User Acceptance testing.
Environment: Java, Quality Center, HTML, XML, SQL, Windows.