- Over 7+ years of professional experience in Information Technology as Quality Analyst with extensive experience in performing Manual and Automated Testing.
- Good understanding and experience working on AGILE Methodologies and involved in all phases of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Involved in analysis, design and quality assurance of Web - based/PC-based/E-commerce and Client/server applications for Financial, Retail, Airline, POS industries and others.
- Experienced in developing use cases, user interface specifications, and user requirement specification documents.
- Expertise in designing and developing strategic Test plans, Test Cases, and Test Reports for manual test.
- Extensive experience in performing System Testing, Functionality Testing (Black Box), White box testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Smoke Testing, GUI Testing, Database Testing and User acceptance testing.
- Professional experience in Automation testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Extensive experience in using Selenium WebDriver API for writing JUnit and NUnit test suites and test cases for testing functionality with the Selenium Server.
- Strong Knowledge of Web Services and SOA (Service Oriented Architecture).
- Good Knowledge of testing web services with SoapUI tool.
- Solid Experience in creating database T-SQL scripts, stored procedures, triggers, views, tables, and constraints using SQL .
- Experience with defect tracking and analysis using different defect tracking tools such as TFS (Team Foundation Server), Jira and Quality Center.
- Designed automation framework using C# .NET and JAVA automation scripts.
- Logging defects using different bug tracking tools, retesting defects and generating Defect Reports.
- Strong experience in functional and UAT testing using Selenium Web Driver on both platforms as well as cross platform web testing on all major web browsers (Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox and IE).
- Experienced in writing SQL queries for backend testing and validation of data.
- Extensively used web services validation tools like RESTful, SoapUI to validate SOAP/WSDL and web services for Request and Response.
- Regular Status report maintenance and reporting to leads in proactive approach so that team accomplish deadlines.
- Quick learner, Self-motivated, analytical skills as well as logical reporting skills.
- Ability to learn new concepts and applications quickly and ability to work in short schedules and on different applications concurrently.
Operating Systems: Windows XP/ 2000/2007/2010, LINUX/UNIX
Languages: C#, Java, ASP.NET, Visual Basic 6.0, .Net, HTML, SQL, PL/SQL, T-SQL, PowerShell
Databases/software: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access, MS Office, SharePoint, MS Excel
Tools: Quality Center, TFS, JIRA, SoapUI, RESTful, Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver, Selenium Grid, Microsoft Test Manager, Postman
Browser: IE, Safari, Google Chrome, Firefox
Data Warehousing: Informatica, SSIS
Methodologies: Waterfall, Agile
Confidential, Fort Worth, TX
SDET/QA Automation Engineer
- Involved in analyzing Business Requirement Documents and Technical Specification document and developed test plan and test cases for testing the application.
- Designed, developed, implemented, and executed test scripts and test plans to identify software problems and their causes.
- Involved in the maintenance of the global instance of SAP Core HR and SuccessFactors end-to-end problem identification, change requests, concept design and execution.
- Prepared Test Matrix to keep track of the requirements and the test cases.
- Worked as part of the core SuccessFactors implementation team to guide and provide technical advice on data migration, process opportunities, etc.
- Assisted in supporting day-to-day operational SuccessFactors data needs, which include ensuring integrity for employee records and investigating issues/inquiries.
- Wrote test cases using MTM (Microsoft Team Manager).
- Experienced in using Team Foundation Server (TFS) for logging, tracking and reporting bugs in the application.
- Defined, developed, and executed automation test scripts using C# that leverage black box and white box testing across functional, non-functional and performance testing.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver and NUnit using Behavior Driven Development (BDD) approach like SpecFlow.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) in Continuous Integration tools for nightly batch run of the scripts.
- Developed test automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver for regression and performance testing of the various releases of the application.
- Used FireBug to do web-based application testing with Selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Worked on Cross Browser testing through Selenium Grid by testing the website on different browsers like Chrome, IE and Firefox.
- Created Selenium WebDriver automation scripts to validate functionality on various browsers.
- Performed web services testing using RESTful API and Postman.
- Developed data driven test scripts to check the same functionality with multiple sets of data.
- Conducted System Testing and User Acceptance Testing for every client and conducted Backend testing writing extensive SQL queries.
- Checked the data flow through the front end to backend and used SQL queries , to extract the data from the database.
Environment: TFS, Visual Studio, MTM, Selenium WebDriver, SpecFlow, NUnit, TFS, RESTful, C#, .NET, XPath, FireBug, SQL Server, IE, Firefox, Chrome, Window
Confidential, Santa Clara, CA
QA Automation Engineer
- Developed and executed the test scripts with Selenium Web Driver and C#.
- Within Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), I have been involved both directly and indirectly with Test Requirement Identification, Project Setup, Planning Estimation, Test Strategy, Test Outline, Test Design, Test Plan reports, Automation, Test Execution, Regression reports.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and tested each SPRINT deliverables.
- Participated in Test Planning and Automation Effort estimations.
- Reviewed Business Requirement documents (BRD) and Functional Specifications Documents (FSD) to prepare Test Cases and identify Test Scenarios.
- Participated in daily scrum meetings to report daily progress of Automation activities and Sprint planning meetings.
- Involved in creation of Automation Framework that uses C# and Selenium Web Driver.
- Executed test cases and test scripts for manual and automation testing.
- Used XPath, CSS Selector, ID, Name, Link Text locators to identify objects.
- Performed cross-browser testing and executed test cases on multiple platforms using Selenium Grid.
- Used Team Foundation Server ( TFS) to open bugs, create tasks and user stories, initiate change requests and deploy application.
- Responsible for updating and maintenance of existing selenium scripts.
- Used Postman for testing XML RESTful webservices.
- Performed extensive Backend testing using SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database and checked data integrity.
- Executed End-to-End test scenarios.
- Extensively involved in resolving bugs fixes with Development Team.
Environment: Selenium Web Driver, C#, Visual Studio, Firebug, FirePath, Web Services, RESTful, TFS, SQL Server.
Confidential, Philadelphia, PA
- Drafted Test Plan including test objectives, test phases, scenarios and test environment after an analysis of the business rules and discussed ambiguities with business analysts.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, System testing, Smoke Testing and Compatibility Testing Confidential various phases of the development and test cycles.
- Designed and developed automated scripts for functional, regression, sanity, and integration testing using Selenium WebDriver and Java.
- Tested independent and dependent modules individually.
- Implemented Behavior Driven Development (BDD) using Cucumber and Gherkin in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Created Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure all the requirements are covered.
- Extensively used Java OOP’s concepts for developing Automation Frameworks using Eclipse, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Worked with development team on defect reporting, fixes and resolution, update management on testing results, activities and planning using JIRA.
- Involved in validating the Web Services using the SOAP UI Pro (ReadyAPI) tool.
- Involved in Sprint Demo meeting, Sprint Retrospective, Scrum and other team meetings.
- Used Selenium GRID for cross browser testing and parallel execution of test cases.
- Created and maintained reusable actions, functional libraries and shared object repositories.
- Performed GUI testing manually to check the application behavior on different platforms using Sauce Labs.
- Responsible for testing the application against different environments in QA , staging and production.
- Participated in Daily Scrum/Stand-up meeting, Sprint Planning meeting, Sprint Review, and Sprint Retrospective meeting.
- Worked on backend testing by running complex SQL queries.
- Worked with developers to fix the bugs within time frame and close the bug.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Java, Agile (Scrum), Eclipse IDE, MS SQL Server, SoapUI Pro, TestNG, Cucumber, Gherkin, MS Office, JIRA, Oracle.
Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
QA Automation Engineer
- Reviewed Business Requirement Documents, Functional and Technical Specifications.
- Extensively worked on Agile Development and management process.
- Responsible for planning regression test stories in every Sprint.
- Documented Test cases corresponding to business rules.
- Involved in Functional Testing, Integrating Testing, System Testing, UAT Testing, Interface Testing.
- Wrote Test Automation Script using Java, Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Inspected web elements through FireBug and FirePath.
- Worked on the Groups Member Eligibility Module in the Facets Application.
- Involved in testing the conversion of Members/Subscribers and Financial Claims.
- Involved in validation of HIPAA for 837 and 835 claims used for professional and Institutional.
- Worked on the automation templates for the Groups, Sub-Groups, Subscribers etc.
- Participated in testing various interfaces Inbound and Outbound of Facets.
- Executed numerous test cases, verified new features, and logged defects in JIRA tool.
- Extensively Involved in writing SQL Queries to retrieve the data from the database.
- Tested SOAP-based Web Services using SOAP UI Pro (ReadyAPI).
- Involved in writing test cases for Functional and Regression Testing.
- Performed End-to-End Testing and helped UAT team in performing User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Conducted functionality tests to make sure that the Application Under Test (AUT) met its functional requirements.
- Involved in QA status meetings to resolve the issues and had good coordination with Other Teams.
Environment: Facets, HIPPA, Mainframe, Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Java, Eclipse IDE, JIRA, SQL Server, SOAP UI Pro, MS Excel, PowerPoint, MS Word.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN
- Interacted with Business team to understand Business logic and User Requirements.
- Analyzed business requirements document and developed test plans, test objectives, test strategies, test priorities, test cases etc.
- Tested the application on Smart Phones and Tablets.
- Tested various functionalities on mobile devices like Android and iPhone.
- Tested web application on a wide variety of devices through various network configurations like GSM and CDMA.
- Tested gestures like swipe, drag drop, zoom in, zoom out, multi touch and System alerts like Security pop ups.
- Attended meetings to better understand the applications.
- Actively participated in System testing, Integration testing and coordinated with UAT team.
- Created and executed SQL queries to access database.
- Maintained Requirement Traceability Matrix.
- Uploaded and executed Functional Test cases in HP Quality Center.
- Performed end to end testing which included smoke, functional, black box, navigational and regression tests were tested.
- Coordinated the Defect Management Process during Test execution using Quality Center.
- Coordinated with Business Analysts, System Analysts and Developers for defect analysis.
Environment: SQL Server 2008, Java, Oracle, HP Quality Center, Android, iPhone, MS Excel.