- Over 5+ years of diverse experience in Software Quality assurance and testing web based applications in ecommerce
- Well versed in automating Web Application Testing using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG framework.
- Worked in Scrum/Agile environment to deliver iterative releases every two to three weeks.
- Proficient in Manual testing, Preparing Test Plans, Test Scripts, Defect Logs and Sign Off Documents, Maintaining Defect Life Cycle, Strong Knowledge of White box and Black box testing of web applications and a lot of test automation .
- Expertise in developing Test Strategy, Detailed Test Plans, Test cases and Acceptance Tests.
- Proficient in using test management tools such as QTP, Load Runner, HP Quality Center, Bugzilla, JIRA and Team Foundation Server for Test Planning, Requirement Management, Defect tracking and Reporting.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, JUnit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Involved in Test designing by preparing High Level Scenarios & Test Cases by verifying BRD’s & HLD’s.
- Experience in Data Driven Testing, Cross browser testing and Parallel Test Execution using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Selenium Grid.
- Experience using various databases like Oracle, MS SQL Server and MySQL.
- Thorough Understanding of Unix/Linux/Windows Environment.
- Performed Back End testing using SQL queries with major RDBMS systems including SQL Server.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, self - starter, quick learner and team player.
Testing Tools: Selenium IDE, RC, WebDriver, Quick Test Pro, Test Director, WinRunner, LoadRunner 9.1
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center 9.0, Bugzilla, Rational ClearQuest,JIRA, Team Foundation Server .
Testing Methodologies: Smoke, Functional, Integration, Regression, GUI, Load/Performance, System and User Acceptance Testing, Soap, and Restful API testing.
RDBMS: MS SQL Server 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/9i, MySQL.
Development Environment: Eclipse, Net beans, Selenium webdriver, Postman, Rest assure, SoapUI tool .
SDLC Methodologies: Waterfall, V-Model, Agile.
Web Technologies: HTML, CSS, XML,, OOPS, Java Script.
Operating Systems: Windows, MAC OS X, UNIX, LINUX
Scripting Languages: Basic Unix Commands and Shell Scripts for server side monitoring
Confidential, Mountain view, CA
Automation QA Engineer
- Setup the testing/QA process from ground up and integrated it into SDLC life cycle.
- Defined Test Strategy, created detailed test plans and created a test matrix to report daily testing results for Confidential critical user journeys.
- Created test suites for both smoke tests and regression tests to cover critical user flows and detailed feature testing respectively.
- Setup data driven selenium based webdriver framework to automate the core flows for Confidential website using TestNG framework with maven as build tool.
- Set up Jenkins integration for continuous of testing framework.
- Performed responsive testing for Confidential web site across Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.
- Executed test cases for cross browser testing across various operating systems (Windows, Mac & Linux).
- Single handedly drove end to end testing, A/B tested critical new features like VIP, Jewelry leasing and customer segmentation.
- Performed Integration testing of different API s for payments flow with various third party applications that includes Paypal, Affirm, Braintree Clarity, Targus, Factor trust, Amazon Payment.
- Reported and filed an excess of 1000 bugs during my tenure with Confidential covering a variety of bugs from site breaking P0 issues to suggestions in UI improvements.
- Responsible for daily and weekly status updates showing the progress of testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Involved in production support and worked on solving complex customer issues with the developers and customer service team members.
- Familiarity with ecommerce platforms for Order Management and Inventory Management like Magento.
- Worked on feature enhancement requests, added them into continuous integration test.
Confidential, Merrillville, IN
- Tested high level test scenarios for club based membership for different types of customer groups.
- Responsible for UAT in project planning like creating testing scenario, test plans, and test scripts.
- Conducted severity/impact analysis of found defects, Kept prompt communication with developers all the way to the closure of the issues.
- Participated in Smoke, Integration, Functional, UI, Cross Browser Testing, Regression Testing.
- Involved in production support and worked on solving the issues with the developers and Customer service team members.
- Performed complex sql queries to collect customer data from database for data verification testing.
- Contributed to the existing automation framework by adding new use cases into regression testing framework.
- Supported production release, and created QA reports.
- Responsible for performance testing using JMeter /load Runner. Design and development scripts
- Executing Smoke tests to validate the scripts, environment and data Test Execution.
- Monitoring the System performance using Controller .Analyzing the results of the load test
- Analyzing the test results and preparing of end of test report
- Identified and estimated the QA tasks in the sprint planning. Feeding the QA tasks in the TFS for tracking and monitoring.
- Worked on Customer enhancement requests.
- Created and executed test cases for user stories in Microsoft Test Manager 2010.
Environment: Selenium RC, WebDriver, Java, TestNG, Maven, SOAP UI,Rest API using Postman JMeter, Load Runner, Jenkins, HTML, XML, Windows, Oracle SQL Server.
Software Test Engineer
- Involved in analysis, design, and implementation of software applications including coding, code reviews, Junit testing and prepared and executed Unit Test Cases.
- Experience in using Metro platform standards which are used in improvising Emergency Systems support platform that acts as one stop shop for all Emergency centers in Norway.
- Tested the different UI Components like Data-tables, Calendar etc. in JSF components.
- Verified connection to SQL server database using JDBC.
- Used Log4J for logging Framework and Junit for unit testing.
- Participated in Smoke, Integration, Functional, UI, Cross Browser Testing, Regression Testing and UAT Testing.
- Performed testing responsive web sites across Desktop, Tablet and Mobile.
- Participated in Sprint planning and provided Testing estimate.
- Conducted Daily Bug Triage with Development Team.
- Supported production release, and created QA reports.
- Created detailed load test plan with load calculations. Co-ordinate and executed load, Stress, Scalability and endurance testing and analyzed peak traffic, conversion rate and business flows .