- A dynamic and an achievement oriented SDET/QA Automation Test engineer/Sr. Quality Analyst with Over 8 years of experience in various domains including Retail, Ecommerce and Healthcar e.
- Expertise in Manual and Automation Testing of Client/Server, Mobile, Web - based, API and Cloud (AWS) applications.
- Excellent knowledge and implementation skills in complete Software Development Life Cycle ( SDLC ) and Software Testing Life Cycle ( STLC )
- Expertise in understanding Business Requirement Specifications, Functional Specifications and Design documentations and converting them into Test Scenarios.
- Experience in Waterfall and Agile Projects, worked very closely with Product owners in Agile and attended different ceremonies like Sprint Planning meeting, Scrum, Backlog grooming, Sprint Review and Retrospective
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks using Java, Selenium WebDriver, Junit, TestNG, Appium,Protractor,Jasmine, Maven, ANT, Hudson, Jenkins, JMeter tools.
- Experience of Creating, Modifying and Maintaining new and existing Automation Framework Models (BDD/TDD/ATDD, Hybrid, Keyword and Data Driven Frameworks).
- Good experience in implementing java OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts i.e., Abstraction, Polymorphism, Encapsulation and Inheritance. Good knowledge in Exception Handling, Collection Framework, File Operations, Multi-Threading, Methods of string classes, Conditional and Looping statements.
- Tested and Automated API’s/Restful Services developed Confidential Mule soft using Java and Rest Assured java libraries
- Worked in DevOps, installing, configuring and integrating Automation scripts on Continuous Integration tools (CI/CD) like Jenkins for nightly test suite execution and working on knowledge on testing and configuring Amazon Web services(AWS)
- Expert in developing Behavior Driven development (BDD/TDD/ATDD) by writing gherkins language using cucumber tool, developed Scenarios, Scenario outlines, features and Step definitions and generating the cucumber reports
- Experience in installation and Administration of various version control systems like GIT (Distributed Version Control), GitHub, SVN Version Control
- Experience in automating Mobile applications (Android) using Appium .
- Automated AnglarJS applications using Protractor, Jasmine ( spec, config files)
- Working with Unit Test Frameworks like TestNG, Junit, and Jasmine.
- Experience in implementing the Page Object Model (POM) by creating element for each page object and reused all the objects in various scripts.
- Experience in testing Web Services-SOA architecture, XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various tools like SOAP UI/Ready API and selenium.
- Automated Webservices by writing groovy scripts and used assertions for data validation and performed data driven for validating different endpoints .
- Worked with eclipse, jxl, apache POI, Log 4J, ANT, HTTPclient and Maven.
- Experienced using tools like FirePath, Firebug, and UI Automator Viewer for finding elements locator and good knowledge in writing the absolute and relative XPATHS manually on need basis
- Performed Database/Backend testing by writing complex SQL Queries for data validation and integrity, good at writing complex Joins and knowledge in PL/SQL
- Worked with Selenium Grid/ Sauce labs for running multiple tests across different browsers, operating systems, and machines in parallel
- Worked on testing applications on different browsers like IE, Firefox, Android, Safari and Chrome
- Experience include Unit testing, Functional testing, User Acceptance Testing, Integration testing, System testing, browser compatibility testing & Security testing of client/server and Web base Applications.
- Expertise in using various defect-reporting and defect-tracking tools like JIRA, Rally, Bugzilla, and HP ALM.
- Experience in writing good quality object-oriented code for testing purposes by following industry standard java coding standards
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Quality oriented mind set up with Test to Break Attitude and Tactful & Diplomatic Behavior
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, QTP, Appium, JUnit, TestNG, Firebug, Fire Path, Load Runner, JMeter.
Defect Tracking Tools: HP /Quality Center, JIRA & Bugzilla
Build Tools: ANT, Maven.
Frameworks: TDD/BDD, Data Driven, Keyword Driven & Hybrid
Languages: Java, SQL, C++, C#, Hadoop, big data, HDFS, Hive, Sqoop
CI/CD Tools: Jenkins, Hudsons.
Cross Browser Platform: Sauce Labs and Selenium GRID
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Databases: Oracle, MS SQL server, MySQL & MongoDB
AddOns: Fire Path, Firebug, Selenium Builder, Selenium IDE
IDE: Eclipse, SublimeText, WebStrom
Version Control: GIT, GITHUB, Subversion, Team forge, Source Tree
Operating Systems: Windows XP/7/8, Mac OS, UNIX and Linux, Android
QA Automation Engineer/ SDET
- Involved in various meetings with Business analysts and developers.
- Conducted Functional testing, Regression Testing using selenium with Data-driven framework and BDD.
- Created automation test scripts using data driven framework and Page Factory model to test the web applications using Selenium WebDriver with JAVA and maven.
- Expertise in using Selenium Grid to run test scripts on different platforms and against different browsers in parallel to save time.
- Used Jenkins to execute the test scripts periodically on Selenium Grid for different platforms like desktop, tablet and mobile.
- Performed Cross browser testing and parallel testing on Chrome, Firefox and Safari using TestNG and Maven on Selenium grid.
- Expertise in grouping of test suites, test cases and test methods for regression and functional testing using TestNG Annotations like Groups, Parameter, Data Provider and Tags.
- Utilized Maven to manage dependencies for test execution, plug-ins and created profiles of grouped test cases to run sanity and regression testing.
- Integrated Jenkins with version controller (GIT) and scheduled builds to run automatically during a build release by invoking predefined maven commands.
- Used Linux/Unix commands for using GitHub through cmd.
- Involved in developing BDD Frame work from Scratch.
- Involved in the usage of BDD framework to develop Cucumber Step Definitions, Scenarios and Features using acceptance criteria.
- Utilized Apache POI jar file to read test data from the excel spread sheets and load them into required test cases.
- Administered and Engineered Jenkins for managing weekly Build, Test, and Deploy chain, SVN/GIT with Dev/Test/Prod Branching Model for weekly releases.
- Handled Selenium Synchronization problems using Explicit & Implicit waits during regression testing.
- Expertise in mobile automation using Appium, selenium, java in both Android and IOS.
- Experience in writing complex XPATH using following and preceding and also using functions like contains and not contains.
- Executed test cases in real device for both mobile app and mobile website.
- Thorough experience in implementing Automation tools Selenium WebDriver, JUnit, TestNG, Eclipse, Git/GitHub, Jenkins, SOAP UI and REST with POSTMAN.
- Worked with AWS cloud machines to setup selenium GRID and also Jenkins server on HUB machine.
- Used cucumber to automate services using Rest API.
- Used runner classes in cucumber to generate step definition and also used tags to run different kinds of test suites like smoke, health check and regression.
- Created profiles in maven to launch specific TestNG suite from Jenkins job
- Implemented SOAP UI tool to test SOAP based architecture application to test SOAP services and RESTAPI.
- Used the Rest Assured java library to automate Restful Web services.
- Used the Groovy language to verify Webservices through SOAP UI.
- Shared Daily Status Reports with all the team members, Team Leads, Managers.
Sr. Automation Tester/ SDET
Confidential, Dallas, TX
- Worked on 2 projects, first project on Selenium with java and second project on Hadoop testing.
- Analyzed the business requirements and developed the Detail Test Plan and the Test Strategy.
- Involved in resolving the Technical challenges & in efforts estimation and Test Planning.
- Involved in writing Automation scripts and executing scripts.
- Coordinating with Relay health (clearing house) to integrate with MD4Front.
- Validated entire EHR (Electronic Health Record) Module, ASC (Ambulatory Servicing Center) Module and Billing Module using Static Testing, White Box testing, Integration testing, Functional testing (GUI testing, I/P domain testing, Error handling testing, O/P on manipulation testing, Database Testing, Data Volume testing, Recovery Testing and end to end testing) in different stages of QA process using Selenium webdriver.
- Tested on MACRA measures through MD4Front.
- Developed BDD and TDD script with Cucumber and written step definition for Gherkin based features.
- Involved in Preparation of 'Hybrid Driven Reusable Framework' using Java.
- Involved in Automation Feasibility Study for Web based applications.
- Designed and developed framework using Scripting by implementing Page Object Model.
- Analyze & interpret project requirements on Ordering Module of Sunrun & perform QA activities in SFDC application
- Schedule calls & actively interact with client for various project related items or issues on frequent basis.
- Assign work to team members during entire testing life cycle & monitor progress made on daily basis.
- MSSQL server, database, and user creation/maintenance/upgrades. Own and resolve client setup and issues as needed.
- Identified test data and organized in flat files scenario wise for test input at run time.
- Organized the scripts by grouping as Smoke, Regression and Functional and executed them from command prompt by creating schedules tasks.
- Used AWS to deploy the project on EC2 instance. Implementation of the Business logic layer for MongoDB Services.
- Ensure all Testing documents/artifacts are documented and maintained as per the process.
- Created WBS to allocate and track tasks to team.
- Automated and executed Mule soft Rest Service by using Rest Assured and Java
- Performed SIT Testing activities (as a part of manual testing) to evaluate and support Microservices by providing end-to-end application testing and by providing technical support.
- Analyze test execution results and post defects with detailed steps and screenshots.
- Used JIRA for tracking defects and notifying developers.
- Coordinated user acceptance testing with final users & prepared end user documentation for the new system.
- System security, workflow, integration, user interface design, migration, data integrity and partner portals on the SFDC Unlimited edition.
- Prepared and Presented weekly and monthly QA Defect and Status Reports to the different Stakeholders.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Quality Center& reported the same in status meetings.
- Developed test scripts in Selenium WebDriver using Java Language.
- Implemented Data driven frame work while developing the automated test scripts using Selenium Web Driver.
- Transfer data to relational database using sqoop for visualization and generate reports by the BI team.
- Create Hive queries which help analysts in comparing fresh data with historical claim metrics.
- Involved in creating hive tables, loading and analyzing data using Hive queries.
- Load and transform large sets of structured, semi structured and unstructured data.
- Set up testing environments and prepare test data for testing flows to validate and prove positive and negative cases.
Confidential, Bentonville, AR
- Providing end to end testing services for the Ecommerce web application.
- Involved in QA Docs (Test Plan, Scenarios, RTM, Test Case Design), Peer Reviews, Test.
- Designed & Implemented a Hybrid Test Automation Framework using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed GUI functional testing manually for the application.
- Expertise in Test Plan creation, Test Case Design, Test case Review, Test Case Execution, Writing Test scripts, testing tools Usage, Defect management, and Prepare Test reports.
- Experience in Agile and waterfall methodologies, Test Driven Development (TDD)
- Planned, designed, executed and evaluated performance tests of web application and services and ensured optimal application performance using Load Runner.
- Designed and reviewed the test scenarios and scripts for given functional requirements and automated test cases in Selenium.
- Developed automation test cases, executed these test scripts from test lab and logged defects in JIRA/ALM.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Functional and regression testing of .net applications is done using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Generated automated scripts using QTP and documented them, created and maintained functional & regression test suites.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to next quarter release.
- Created and maintained automated test script for API testing using Restful.
- Performed API Level testing for web services, enhanced the Test harness and developed many Test suites using XML.
- XML / SOAP using Soap UI and Postman tool.
- Reviewed database test cases according to assigned Requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Designed data-driven testing in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performed Functional, System and Regression Testing on web and mobile applications at various phases of the Project life Cycle.
- Actively involved in STLC process and used tools like Selenium RC/Web driver, JMeter, SOAP UI.
- Setup /Installed and Configured Selenium IDE.
- Used Selenium WebDriver API to automate tests.
- Perform browser compatibility testing of application under various cross browsers (Safari, Firefox, IE, Chrome) using HTML IDs and XPATH in Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in implementing logging and tracking using Jira.
Environment: Java, .Net, JIRA, Jenkins, ALM, SOA Tester, Eclipse, Junit, Load Runner, Cucumber, HTML5, CSS, JBOSS, Oracle, Maven, Jmeter, SVN, Node.JS, Selenium Grid, TestNG, Selenium WebDriver, Windows 7/XP/Vista.
Confidential, Austin, TX
- Analyzing the Business Requirement Document, High level and Low-level design documents.
- Create and review - Test scenarios, Test suite preparation, Test Data creation, Test case execution and Defect logging.
- Wrote automation scripts using Selenium web driver.
- Automation of functional testing framework for all modules using Selenium Web Driver.
- Preparation of Test scripts using Selenium Web driver (Automation tool) with java for Functional Test cases.
- Automating the regression & project cases using Selenium.
- Designed Hybrid framework in Selenium and captured data dynamically from web controls.
- Performing Failure Analysis for the regression failed cases using Selenium.
- Organize weekly meetings with Client leads & Onsite manager regarding the Automation status.
- Point of contact for Process related activities like Metrics reporting & Operation clarity.
- Review - Defect prevention plan and Software configuration management plan.
- Responsible for all aspects of project delivery (Test Design, Test execution and Test summary report) and management (Test metrics and Risk analysis) to client partners, offshore manager and Onsite manager.
- Organize weekly meetings with offshore managers, Onsite Coordinator & Onsite manager to discuss the Project goals and report the health of the overall project status.
- Updating the application down time in Environment Tracker during test execution phase.
- Performed Integration Testing in Vendor Development environment and System Testing in SIT environment and User Acceptance Testing in Pre-Production Environment.
- Involved Preparation of Traceability Matrix and mapping the Test Cases with the requirements and
- Test Metrics in Quality Center.
- Reported bugs in Quality Center with server logs information from Web and DB servers.
- Performed Regression Testing as part of every build.
- Developed SQL Queries for testing various Database validations.
- Responsible for writing automated test cases using QTP/UFT.
- Created and Executed automated test scripts for regression testing using QTP/UFT.
- Test Scenarios preparation using QTP.
- Automation Framework implementation for UFT / QTP.
- Independently creating and executing UFT / QTP scripts.
- Involved in pilot project for automation using Selenium IDE/RC.
- Implemented Selenium using TestNG frame work with Java.
Environment: Quality Center, BDD, Windows, Java, SQL, Oracle, Selenium (WebDriver, RC, Grid), TestNG, Eclipse, Firefox, IE, Chrome, Safari, Opera, Performance testing.
- Actively involved in defining and designing the tiers of the applications and implementation with core Java and J2EE best design practices.
- Develop and maintain elaborate services based architecture utilizing open source technologies like Hibernate, ORM and Spring Framework.
- Followed Agile Methodology in analyze, define, and document the application which will support functional and business requirements. Coordinate these efforts with Functional Architects.
- Involved in implementation of application using conventional design practices (SOA-Service Oriented Architecture, MVC-Model View Controller).
- Created database to persist data using Oracle database.
- Created SQL queries, triggers, and views to interact with Database.
- Integrated spring framework with Hibernate that is used for Database operations.
- Extensively participated in user meetings to gather the requirements of the application
- Developed a REST Web Service with Spring MVC.
- Involved in testing REST services.
- Implemented Spring MVC Architecture; Servlet targeting request module and flow of control generating JSP in Presentation layer.
- Used JMS to build a message communication.
- Manage project by using Maven.
- Deployed application in WebLogic and tested with Junit.
- Created Graphical User Interfaces using JSP and HTML.
Environment: Java, Mulesoft, J2EE, JSP, REST, API, Servlets, EJB, XML, HTML, Java Script, JDBC, Oracle, PL/SQL, Eclipse, spring, Hibernate, RDBMS, Tomcat, Windows.