- 7 plus years of diversified experience in Software Quality Assurance.
- Have good knowledge in testing applications in various industry domains like Healthcare, Finance, Banking, Telecommunication, Insurance and retail.
- Excellent understanding of various Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Waterfall and Agile (Scrum).
- Experience in coordinating and mentoring offshore and onsite QA.
- Experience in setting up the test environment, installations and configuration.
- Expertise in Manual and Automated testing of various Web based applications.
- Created Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Procedures and Test Script.
- Strong expertise in establishing QA policies, procedures, strategies and developing appropriate process to ensure the quality of product.
- Expert in web technologies like HTML and XML.
- Experienced in creating Requirement Traceability Matrix to ensure comprehensive test coverage of requirements.
- Well versed in automation testing tools such as Quick Test Professional (QTP), Load Runner, and Selenium.
- Knowledge of Defect/Bug tracking system with the use of tools like HP Quality Center .
- Experience in importing/ exporting the Scripts /data into QC by using MS Word and Excel Add - ins.
- Strong working experience in various databases such as Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server and MS Access.
- Vast experience in different testing methods such as Functional,, Regression, Positive, Negative, End to End and UAT
- EMR system and EDI transactions for claim process, ICD 9 to ICD 10 conversion knowledge from healthcare domain.
- Worked with Developers, Business Analyst and Project manager to test and document new product and new product enhancements.
- Exceptional analytical, trouble shooting and problem solving skills.
- Excellent Analytical, Decision-Making and Organizational Skills coupled with good co-ordination, communication and interpersonal skills describing a committed Team Player with an ability to handle/organize multiple projects simultaneously.
OS: Windows 2000, XP, Vista, Windows7, Windows 8, UNIX, LINUX
Web Technologies: HTML, XML.
Databases: SQL Server, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access, MySQL.
Web Browsers: IE, Mozilla Firefox, Chrome.
Testing Tools: Quality Center 10, Quick Test Professional 10.
Bug Tracking Tool: JIRA, Quality Center, HP ALM.
Confidential, Tampa, FL
Senior QA Analyst
- Prepared and execute Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test Metrics for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements, portal redesigned and test specs.
- Produce Explanation of Benefits (EOB) generating templates and scenarios and code data populating fields as required by the CVS Heath clients.
- Knowledge on Medicaid Information Technology Architecture (MITA) in initiating Center for Medicaid and Children’s Health Insurance Program (CMCS)
- Check for anomalies and respective fault patterns in EOB proofs for efficient error/exception handling.
- Worked in Agile environment, with an ability to accommodate and test the newly proposed changes at any point of time during the release.
- Co-ordinate with CVS regarding exceptions and expected input data files for used fields on daily basis.
- Evaluate and analyze Business Requirements, Functional Specification documents.
- Experienced working with EDI transaction sets 834, 270, and 271 .
- Developed and executed test plans, test cases and test matrices utilizing QA best practices and standards.
- Worked in with HIPAA policy compliance requirements and ICD 9 to ICD 10 code set mapping validation
- Tested whether the number of rows in the target tables are correct according to the inbound flat file.
- Performed System Testing and Integration Testing and Regression Testing Performed Data mapping, logical data modelling and worked on SQL queries to filter data.
- Test Restful Web Services which are exposed for other system to provide the engine results.
- Tested interfaces and ANSI X12 / EDI Version 4010/5010 transactions for (270, 271, 276, 277, 278, 835, 834, TA1, 997 and 824 BRR)
- Assisted Analysts in Error Rate Analysis and helped them in developing the expected results for an individual.
- Worked on the Production Environment to capture the data from the applications and keying it the same onto the high-level spreadsheet and updating the results onto the SharePoint .
- Analyzed EDI translation errors that failed in the inbound and re-processed the EDI's without losing the information.
- Created and maintained templates such as: Quality Strategy, Test Plans, Requirements, Traceability Matrix, Test Scripts, Test Calendars, Testing Issues, Project Sign-off and Test Reports.
- Reviewed EDI 837 claims and flagged HIPPA non-compliant claims received from the Payer side.
- Perform both front end and back end testing.
- Actively involved in developing test cases and coordinating functional and user acceptance testing.
- Involved in updating the QA process metrics every week which would track the project documents and which will be used for generating the metrics for the project.
Environment: Java, Agile, Quality Center, Oracle, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, TestNGFirebug, Firepath, Eclipse,Facets,Fazal,EEAF, DM46
Confidential, Jacksonville, Florida
Sr. QA Analyst
- Confidential of Florida, was one of the state’s first health plans. Blue Cross is the largest health plan in Florida, providing health coverage to more than 2.7 million members.
- In this project I was involved in testing the claims application. This application accepts different claims like Medical claims, Dental claims, Pharmacy claims and Vision claims from different vendors and route the claims into Batch Adjudication System and Online Adjudication System. Here the Batch Adjudication System automatically adjudicates the claims and sends the files to Payment department. In the Online Adjudication system examiners will check the files and then they will move the claims to Payment department.
- Involved in preparation of requirement Tab of Quality Center
- Review the application’s specification and scheduled the testing life cycle.
- Created traceability matrix between requirements and test cases.
- Automated reusable functionality using Win Runner.
- Developed Test plan as per the Business Requirement Document
- Developed and executed Test cases to verify the functionality of the application and to validate GUI fields.
- Tracked defects and coordinated with the developers in identifying and fixing the bug. Quality Center is the Bug Tracking tool
- Responsible in providing regular Test Reports to the management.
- Participated in System, Black Box, Integration, Functional, Unit (White Box), Regression and End- to-End Testing.
- Developed SQL queries to check on the database integrity.
- Preparation of various documents like Test log, Test Flows, Test performance etc., using MS Word and Excel.
- Involved in converting the system design document into test objectives document.
Environment: Java, Developer/2000, SQL, Windows 8, TSL Scripts
Testing Tools: HP ALM
Confidential, Detroit, MI
- Analysed business requirement documents, functional requirement documents, Use cases, and Use case diagrams.
- Developed Test Plans and Test Cases from the functional requirement document and scheduled the test case execution.
- The project was based on ASAP Methodology.
- Performed both manual as well as automated testing.
- Involved in Smoke, Functional, Regression, System, Integration and Security testing during all phases.
- Performed manually testing using Cross browser and Cross Platform.
- Validated various Hyperlinks on web pages also performed GUI testing manually.
- Participated in the team to performed User Acceptance Testing.
- Involved in the executing and retrieving the data for SQL Queries.
- Interacted with developers and users to resolve major bugs.
- Created the Automation Test Plan and extensively used QTP for creating scripts for functional and regression testing of various features of the application.
- Extensively used different types of Check points (Standard checkpoints, Table checkpoints, Image checkpoints) using QTP.
- Used the HP Quality Center (QC) defect tracking system, to report and analyze defects during the entire testing process.
- Used TOAD for writing SQL queries, used many types of complex queries for validating, retrieving and comparing the data.
- Communicated testing progress to Business and Project Management team; setup meetings with project managers and other senior members on the project to prioritize testing strategies and Exit Criteria for various testing cycles.
Environment: Windows XP, UNIX, MS-SQL Server, Rational Clear Quest, DB2, LINUX, GUIQTP 9.2, HP Quality Center
Confidential, Columbus, Ohio
- Analysed the requirements of the application and involved in creating the Functional Specification.
- Involved in design and development of Test Plan and Test Cases using the SDLC procedures.
- Set up the Automated Testing Environment for creating, and running automated tests using QTP.
- Created Shared Object Repository using QTP.
- Developed Automation Driver & Component Scripts, common and application common reusable library functions, Configuration files and Recovery Scenarios using VB Script.
- Parameterized the scripts with Action parameters, Data table parameters, Environment variables and random numbers.
- Generated the reusable library functions to import test data from & export the test results to external files like Excel sheets, notepads and XML files, generated the log files and screenshots.
- Developed the scripts with descriptive programming in QTP.
- Implemented Excel Objects and XML Objects to interact with the test data in Excel sheets and XML files without importing into QTP.
- Implemented Data base check points and XML check points in QTP.
- Generated the script for Automation Object Model to automate QTP.
- Logged the bugs in Defects tab in Quality Center.
- Generated and ran the scripts, analysed the results with Load Runner.
- Responsible for creating test data using excel sheets, xml files and executing test scripts and logging the defects.
- Developed Manual Test Cases and tested the whole application and defects are isolated.
- Prepared test status reports during test execution process.
- Performed Functional Testing, Integration Testing, Regression Testing, Performance Testing, User Acceptance Testing, GUI Testing and System Testing.
- Extensively used SQL to verify the integrity and consistency of the data in the database.
- Interacted with Developers as needed to isolate the main cause of defects.
- Extensively worked on handling the application response for Positive and Negative sets of data using data driven testing.
- Responsible for Quality Center set up to manage the testing process like Testing requirements, Planning Tests, Running Tests and Defect Tracking.
Environment: Manual Testing, Quality Centre, QTP, Java, J2EE, JIRA, UNIX and Windows
Confidential, Irving, TX
Roles and responsibilities:
- Responsible for manipulating the test data in required environment by communicating with software analysts and middleware developers.
- Participated in white box testing of flex and java codes. Worked closely with developers, DB people and Business analysts to make sure everything is going in good direction.
- Responsible to do sanity testing for each new build and make sure that there are as few defects as possible before code drops into QAT.
- Participated in sprint retrospectives and have given suggestions to increase the productivity of sprint, as a result production rate has raised 50 percent more.
- Responsible for getting story clarifications, give sprint demo to business people, communicating with other shore people.
- Responsible for the backend testing of the server log using basic Unix commands
- Developed user-acceptance test scripts and assisted users in conducting UAT.
- Designed and developed User defined functions, Generic functions with well-versed VB scripting, Descriptive programming in scripting dynamic objects and reusable actions in defining scenario flows in Quick Test Professional 10.0.
- Created Generic Functions in VB Script for both Windows and Web based applications.
- Created XML Repository (Descriptive programming) instead of TSR built-in TSR Repository.
- Created QTP Data Driven and Key Word driven models for POC.
- Created QTP regression automation scripts.( Release-Scenarios-Test cases)
- Reviewed the QTP Scripts developed by the team members.
- Used Modular framework extensively.
- Carried out extensive Performed testing with the estimated capacity virtual by using Load Runner.
- Performed Load, Performance and Stress testing by using Load Runner with HTTP/HTML.
- Performed service testing with SOAP UI 3.6, sanity testing, white box testing, black box testing, regression testing, system testing and integration testing and peer to peer testing.
- Involved in Back End testing for SQL Server as a part of Parallel Test and written SQL and PL/SQL queries to extract and validate the data.
- Written the Test plan, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Steps and created BPT components for all the modules and stored in Quality Center.
- Prioritized and reported defects using JIRA to present documents and reports in weekly team meetings.
- Conducted Daily scrum meetings for review and prioritize defects.
- Communicated more with developers and software analysts to make sure that application is working as expected.
- Utilized process-based test management system Quality Center for organizing test requirement's documents, test plans and test lab.
- Wrote reusable functions to handle application exceptions locally instead of passing control to main script.
- Had a very good knowledge of how to use ORACLE and SQL databases as back-end databases.
- Responsible to test the services and interact with middleware developers to make sure services are working fine
Environment: Agile Scrum, Adobe Flex 4.0, Java, HP Quality Canter 10.0, SOAP UI, Java, Junit, SQL Developer, Fiddler, JIRA.