- 4+ years of working experience in Manual and Automation Testing in Retail, Insurances and Telecom product development sectors.
- Experience in preparing Manual Test Scripts for UAT
- Strong expertise in functional testing and Framework design for automation testing of web applications using Selenium Webdriver and Selenium RC.
- Extensive experience in utilizing various Testing frameworks like Junit and TestNG
- Knowledge of working in a (CI) Continuous Integration environment like Jenkins.
- Strong working experience in SOA architecture and Web Services testing,XML transactions, SOAP, HTTP, WSDL, and REST using various industry standard tools like SOAP UI and Rest Assured API.
- Expertise in writing SQL queries, complex Joins and Procedures using Oracle 10.x/11.x and SQL Server and MySql to ensure correct data mapping, data consistency and data integrity.
- Experience in working on Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Test - Driven Development (TDD) scripts by writing step definitions for Gherkin based features.
- Expert in Defect Management tools like TFS (Team foundation server), JIRA, QC(ALM).
- Responsible for maintaining test cases within MTF( Microsoft Team Foundation Server) and writing user stories in JIRA
- Very good understanding of Software Development Life Cycle and various SDLC models like Agile-Scrum, WaterFall, V-Model etc.
- Expertise in Database testing of applications using tools like Oracle SQL Developer and MS SQL.
- Experience in 2/4 week Sprints, in very robust and dynamic environments like scrum.
- Hands on experience in using Configuration management tools like CVS, SVN and GIT.
- Strong expertise on web element identification by using mechanisms like CSS, HTML id, name and unique XPaths using Contains, Sibling, Ancestor and by using page source and firebug & firepath.
- Experience in using TestNG case priority, DataProvider to create Data Driven Testing and sending the emails and screenshot of test reports.
- Expertise in Cross Functional Testing.
- Good experience in using UNIX and Linux commands for backend testing
- Expertise in Smoke Testing, Back end Testing, Black-Box Testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Geo Location testing, Compatibility Testing, Functional Testing, Positive/ Negative Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, GUI Software Testing, Ad-hoc Testing, Boundary Value Testing.
- Working experience in understanding and analyzing BRD’s business requirement documents and SRS software requirement specifications and proven experience in creating Test Strategy, Test Estimations, Test Plans, Test Scenarios and Test Cases for applications.
- Work closely with QA manual testers to translate manual regression test cases into automated test scripts and to determine the best value of automating a test case.
- Good analytical and communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
Languages: Java, HTML, XML, SQL, CSS, XPath
Project Methodologies: Agile, Waterfall, SDLC, V-MODEL
Automation Tools: Selenium IDE, RC, Grid and WebDriver, Junit, TestNG
Performance Tools: HP LoadRunner, JMeter
DefectTrackingTools: HP Quality Center (ALM), JIRA
Environment: Eclipse IDE
Databases: RDBMS MySQL, MS-SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle
Build Tools: Maven
Operating Systems: Windows, LINUX, UNIX
Other tools: MS word, MS office, MS power point
Confidential, Ronkonkoma, NY
- Understanding Requirement Specifications and Design Documents.
- Represented QA function in Agile Sprints.
- Prepared Test Cases, Test Strategy, Test Reports, Test Plans, Test Scenarios for an Application.
- Developed Selenium WebDriver test cases using Java, TestNG framework.
- Implemented Page Object Model Pattern based Keyword Driven automation testing framework utilizing Java, Test-NG and Selenium Web-Driver.
- Leveraged Java (Eclipse IDE) to access and test various operations. Performed Regression and Integration Testing using TestNG framework and executed assertions.
- Used annotations like @Test, @BeforeTest, @AfterMethod etc. and also used Data provider for providing test cases the data required.
- Used Apache POI to read data from Excel sheet.
- Responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Performed build management using Maven, added dependencies and repositories for jar files.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Integrated Automation scripts (Selenium WebDriver API) on Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for nightly batch run of the Script.
- Developed Selenium test scripts for identified test cases by using data driven, keyword driven and hybrid framework.
- Performed manual testing and Front-end Web based Functionality testing, for Smoke testing, Regression testing, Integration testing and System testing.
- Involved in testing compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Analyzed functional requirements to develop, implement and maintain detailed Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- As per the test cases uploaded in rally executed them and validated the results.
- Participated in requirement analysis meetings and detail design meetings to better understand the functional requirements of the application
- Experience on JIRA for defect tracking and managing the tasks.
- Tracked the project status with the help of burndown charts in JIRA
- Coordinated very closely with the developers and design teams regarding the functionalities
- Prepared Test Scenarios, Test Data for positive and negative testing
- Tracked defects in rally and updated the status after retesting when fixes are done.
- Developed and executed test cases and verified actual results with expected results
- Created traceability matrix by mapping functional requirements and test cases written for the requirements
- Conducted manual testing on each new build of the application under test and regression testing on fixes
- Responsible for complete manual testing of application in UAT
- Performed functionality testing, regression testing, GUI testing, back end testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing
- Involved in grouping of Test Cases, Test Methods and Test Suites using TestNG annotations.
- Integrated TestNG with Selenium using Eclipse to generate test execution result.
- Had regular meetings with Developers to report various problems.
- As per defects status in rally closely work with developers for the resolutions and help them in taking logs.
- Validated the database by executing SQL queries.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Used Firebug, and XPath to work with the application objects.
- Participated in defect tracking, PBL creation, raising impediments and management using RTC
Confidential, Arlington, VA
BA/ QA Tester
- As an Automation Engineer, I am involved in the team in implementing the framework, developing automation scripts for the new User stories and Maintain and run the Regression Scripts
- Involved in configuring the testing environment with Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Eclipse
- Developed and implemented Page Object Module as the framework for Test Automation
- Integrated TestNG framework to run the test suit and as a reporting tool
- Participated and assisted in design of Proof of Concept with QA Lead.
- Identified test cases to automate and automated them using Selenium WebDriver and TestNG.
- Loaded WSDL’s in SOAP UI and verified their response statuses.
- Wrote test cases scripts using Selenium WebDriver for functional testing and regression testing.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver, JUnit and JDBC Connections.
- Used Selenium Grid, Desired Capabilities, and Remote Web Driver for distributing the execution in different machines, platforms and browsers.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, Ant tool and created selenium automation scripts in java using JUnit prior to agile release.
- Used Eclipse IDE for Automation scripts development.
- Applied Load Testing using JMeter and Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver.
- Performed end-to-end testing to evaluate system testing of the application.
- Coordinate with end-users to schedule and support User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Configured Selenium Grid for parallel execution of scripts on different machines in different browsers.
- Participated in technical, status review, and release and production meetings.
- Performed Integration by adding LoadRunner scripts to Selenium
- Worked in Agile process for delivering the outputs on time.
- Occasionally performed manual testing during critical releases of the project.
- Prepared Test Summary reports after every round of testing.
- Tracked requirements documentation in Confluence and Project status in JIRA
- Worked with the Web programming language HTML, CSS, XML and selected web element by using Firebug and FirePath.
- Contributed in developing Automation Framework that uses Java, Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Support CI/CD framework (Jenkins-JMeter)
- Maintained user documentation with TestNG output screenshots for User acceptance testing (UAT).
- Utilized role in mobile testing using Appium Mobile for testing client's mobile apps on the Android/iOS platforms.
- Successfully completed User Acceptance Testing (UAT) on each project release with the help of end user requirements
- Write test case directly in MTM and pulled them in TFS whenever needed.
- Performed Cross Browser Testing of the Application.
- Used JIRA for defect tracking system, GIT for version control and Jenkins for continuous integration.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (JUnit, Maven).
Environment: Agile Methodology, Java, Jenkins, Maven, BDD, MS Office, MS-SQL Server, Selenium WebDriver, selenium Grid, Firebug, FirePath, Test Plan, JMeter, TestNG, MTM.
- Preparation and Review of End-to-End Manual and Automated Test Scenarios/Test Cases, Coverage & Traceability Matrix and Test Data.
- Involved in Requirement analysis and Gap analysis of Business System Design and Functional Requirements.
- Responsible for testing tasks like Performance, Endurance, Operational Acceptance by using Rational Performance Tester.
- Expertise in Web (HTTP/HTML), Oracle, Java, Web Services and ODBC.
- Used HP Quality Center (QC) & JIRA as a defect tracking and Share point as a management tool.
- Scripted nonfunctional and data validation scripts with Rational Performance Tester for Web.
- Responsible for developing testing scenarios and establishing verification and validation procedure.
- Manipulated Test Script for Customized objects in the Application for verification of subsequent builds in the application.
- Created test data sets for verification & validation of the application by conducting Positive, negative & boundary testing.
- Involved in integration testing for the modules of the application.
- Developed automated test scripts for different functionality testing using Rational Functional TESTER.
- Reviewed the analysis reports and provided the observations, conclusions and recommendations after discussing the issues with the project team and submitted final deliverables.
- Coordinated with Test Manager in initiating meetings, gathering requirements, providing estimations and submitting the weekly metrics and trend analysis to the Sr. Manager.
- Responsible for Performance, System Integration and Operational Acceptance Testing for Web, Java, .NET, J2EE, Oracle and Web Services applications in client server and multi-tier environments.
Environment: Ubuntu, IOS, Windows 2003 and 2007, JIRA, JDK 1.5,1.6, VMware Virtual Client 3.5, VMware Infrastructure 3.5, MAVEN, GIT Server, RPT 8.2
- Involved in the meetings with business team and product owners to achieve high quality product in Agile methodology.
- Worked closely with Business Analysts and Developers to clarify/understand BRD and SRS requirements, resolve issues and provided feedback from testing perspective.
- Created both automation and manual test suite for every sprint/ test cycle.
- Created Test cases for the decided test scope of each sprint.
- Executed the daily tasks/test case assigned by scrum master and updated in JIRA
- Created test environments for testing teams CIT, SIT and UAT.
- Actively participated in testing the application after deploying it in production servers.
- UAT test scope is decided for the live interim patch builds released by third party tools.
- Involved in all the scrum meetings representing QA team and took decisions for QA deliverables.
- Participated in retrospective meeting for process stream line and product improvement for future releases/Sprints.
- Closely monitored team members work for each sprint and helped them in conducting sprint Demos to the stake holders.
- Involved with third party teams and stake holders meeting for test data preparation and verification.
- Participated in releasing and iteration planning, and represented the QA team.
- Used ALM to log, track and generate bug status reports and updated the Traceability Matrix.
- Tracked the daily assigned task status of the team members in JIRA for failed test cases.
- Based on the burndown chart and defect reports projected the status of the project to higher management located.
- Created various documents including Test Plan, sign off documents, change request documents and knowledge transfer documents
- Performed Manual Testing like GUI, Functionality, System, Integration, Regression, UAT, Black Box testing and performed Positive/Negative, testing for system validations.
- Tracked the defects and prepared status summary reports with details of executed, passed and failed test cases and reported defects through ALM.
Environment: Windows XP Professional, UNIX, Oracle 9I/10G, DB2, SQL server 2005, Quality Center 10, HP ALM Performance center 11.5, HP Loadrunner11.5, HP Site scope.