I’ve been working with Software Quality Assurance and Test management since I joined Confidential in 2010. Most recently I built TestNG Automation framework for Confidential ’s procurement platform from scratch.
Technical: Selenium, QTP, SQL, SoapUI, HP ALM, Jenkins, Tomcat, Oracle, DB2 & IBM WebSphere servers, Mongo, JIRA, R, TFS, Rally, Confluence, SQL Server Studio, Appium, ReadyAPI, Tableau
Confidential, Blue Ash, OH
Senior QA Automation Engineer
- Designed, developed and scaled automation framework in CI/CD using Selenium WebDriver & Selenium Grid.
- Identified and automated appropriate test cases using tools & frameworks available in Python and Java.
- Prepared automation test scripts in Selenium to execute scripts in multiple browsers including Firefox, Chrome & Safari using Selenium Grid with a test coverage of 40%.
- Led the QA teams in coordinating with project management team to create Solution Definition and ensured successful Operational Acceptance testing (OAT), User Acceptance testing (UAT), defect logging & tracking.
- Redesigned existing scripts to handle exceptions and improve code reusability using Selenese commands and Selenium - Core for parallel testing.
- Utilized Page Object Model (POM) approach to build a new Object Repository & Page Factory for all functions.
- Assessed automation framework continually for new build releases and setup support for reusability by updating and monitoring code patches to increase test effectiveness.
- Optimized wait times in execution loops by administering Implicit & Explicit WAIT statements appropriately. A significant reduction (26%) in execution time of regression test cases was achieved.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
Software Quality Assurance Engineer
- Developed SQA test plan by analyzing Business and Technology requirements to ensure Traceability and Coverage for my client - Marston Technical Services.
- Wrote SQL queries and SQL scripts to perform DB testing and generated test reports.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
- Expedited data extraction and manipulation by employing complex SQL queries (multiple JOINS) and PyCharm - Selenium scripts to automate manual entries and other application configuration actions.
- Developed KPIs by analyzing existing implementation data with the use of SQL queries, R connectivity with databases and Excel functions such as PivotTables, VLOOKUPs, Conditional Formatting & VBA Macros.
Lead QA Engineer
- Worked on identifying and handling Web elements using Selenium WebDriver, Data Driven testing, Keyword driven testing, Parallel test execution and Cross-browser testing with Selenium Grid.
- Introduced Parameterization to eliminate Constant Values in the used Test Data and converted test scripts to Data-Driven methodology by creating iterations with FOR and WHILE loop statements.
- Utilized Compiled Modules to capture dynamic data during Runtime and created scripts using Document Object Model (DOM).
- Performed Automation testing with Appium on Mobile Apps (APKs), SDKs with Selenium WebDriver API.
- Conducted API testing (JSON, XML & REST) with tools such as ReadyAPI & SoaupUI Pro
- Created a Shared Object Repository by recoding and integrating Per Action Repository Objects across various modules in VBScript. This improved code reusability for future test scripts in QTP.
- Worked in various phases of testing methodology including smoke testing, functional testing, integration testing, regression testing etc. and well versed in all the phases of SDLC process.
- Experience working with SQL, testing database connectivity, data integrity, data validation and performing data security risk assessments.
- Deployed new builds by integrating code fixes from development team on Oracle & DB2 servers, and managed build failure recovery support for the project in an on-demand basis.