- Over 7+ years of experience in both manual and automated software Quality Assurance Testing of client - server and web-based applications and Backend testing, Object oriented analysis design and development of multi-tier architectural based web applications, with in-depth understanding.
- Extensive Knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in SQA (Software Quality Assurance) including Manual and Automated testing with tools such as Selenium WebDriver / IDE / Grid, Junit / TestNG, JIRA, Rally and SOAP UI Pro
- Extensive experience in Automation tools like Selenium WebDriver
- Specialized in user requirement analysis, documenting test plans, execution of test cases to verify application functionality against business requirements, by using Selenium RC, WebDriver.
- Sound knowledge on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Experience in creating Test Plans, writing and executing Test Cases, Manual Testing, and automated Test Execution.
- Excellent experience in developing Test Scenarios, Test cases, Test Scripts and Test reports for Manual as well as Automated testing for various applications to ensure proper business compliance.
- Extensive experience in GUI, Regression, Functional, Integration, System, User Acceptance (UAT), Sanity, Performance, Stress, Reliability, compatibility, Cross Browser, Security and Database Testing.
- Work experience in using the Quality Center to manage the software testing process and Clear case, BugZilla, Jira for tracking the process and sharing the files
- Experience using Rally for interacting with the application teams on the developed User Stories, raised defects and uploaded the results of the test cases in the projects workspace
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Experience with Assertions like Schema Compliance, XPath, XQuery and SOAP responses
- Excellent experience working with SoapUI Pro for Parameterizing & Automating the web services, Report generation, looking on the test coverage
- Well versed in different management scenarios like Change Control, Quality Assurance, Defect Tracking, System Integration, and Task Scheduling.
- Experience testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services using SoapUI Pro
- Experience in Java, HTML, Java Scripts, Oracle, SQL, MySQL and CSS.
- Experienced in writing SQL verification scripts to test the result of deployment for correct business logic for Back-end testing
- Basic to Mid-level working knowledge working with Node.js
- Implemented Nightwatch.js - a Node.js solution for End-to-End automation tests
- Experience in performing database testing and working with SQL queries and databases like Oracle, MySQL.
- Strong knowledge of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) methodologies such as Agile, SCRUM and waterfall models and TDD.
- Good analytical and communication skills and ability to work independently with minimal supervision and also perform as part of a team.
- Highly motivated team player with analytical, organizational and technical skills, unique ability to adapt quickly to challenges and changing environment.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, proven team player with an analytical bent to problem solving and delivering under high stress environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/IDE/RC, SOAP UI Pro
Languages: Java, Java Script, HTML, XML, CSS, Node.js, Spring MVC
Test Framework: Junit, TestNG, Data Driven Framework, Hybrid Framework, POM
IDE & Build Tools: Eclipse, IntelliJ IDEA, Webstorm, Ant, Maven
Continuous Integration Tools: Jenkins, Hudson
Bug Tracking Tools: JIRA, Quality Center (QC), Bugzilla, Rally
Source Version Control Tool: Git, Github, Subversion (SVN)
Databases: SQL Server, MS Access, Oracle, MySQL
Operating Systems: Windows (XP, Vista & 7, 8), LINUX, UNIX, Mac OS
Confidential, Scottsdale, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Analyze business requirements, Functional Specifications and technical documents of the application and provide timely and meaningful feedback
- Work on the user stories and plan sprints with respect to Software Development Life Cycle
- Estimate, prioritize, plan and coordinate testing activities
- Prepare and participate in the Test plan discussions and develop the automation Test plan and Strategy
- Assist in building tools and frameworks for automated testing
- Perform both manual and automation test script execution across multiple browsers to check the compatibility of the application(s)
- Design, develop and execute automation scripts
- Attend daily scrum meeting to discuss the progress of the automation script execution
- Being part of the SRE CQ team, prepare scripts for integration/regression tests for the new features & bug fixes
- Good exposure to Continuous Integration Jenkins Server and configuring them accordingly
- Ensure compliance is met for all the components including functional tests
- Enhance the automation framework using techniques that are compatible with TestNG & Page Object Model
- Ensure the automated cases are repeatable and built for easy maintenance
- Identify the issues and report them to concerned development teams to resolve them and ensure code coverage
- Prepare test execution status reports and publish to scrum teams
- Web Services testing namely Soap and REST using Selenium WebDriver
- Troubleshoot the automation results and failures
- Provide a consolidated status report for all the testing efforts, results, activities, data, bug report, and tracking
- Ensure KPI’s are met for each month depending on various performance metrics
Confidential, Phoenix, AZ
QA Automation Engineer
- Associated with application teams to understand the design and requirements needed for developing the framework
- Prepared test cases and test data for the application by based on the functional requirements and test specs
- Created whole testing framework using Selenium Web driver, TestNG
- Designed and developed Page Object Model and Data Driven approach
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the application’s GUI
- Extensively worked with Xpath, CSS Selectors, Name and id locator strategy for identifying the elements in the web page
- Enhance testing framework and develop automated tests using Selenium Web driver to ensure consistency
- Estimate test accurately and coordinate with team members for work activities to be delivered in each sprint
- Developed code for each deliverable received in that sprint and made sure it is compatible with the overall testing framework
- Involved in setting up a separate branch for our automation code repository in Sub-Version
- Apply, design and develop automated testing strategies and build automated testing framework
- Analyze and verify best automated and manual test approaches and execute integration and regression testing
- Record test results, report and verify software bug fixes to accept automation criteria
- Prepare daily status reports, defect tracking and project status to stakeholders
- Answer technical issues to resolve and follow up on the defects raised
- Creating test suite, test cases for Data driven testing in SoapUI Pro for Soap and Rest web services
- Validating the response XML’s and transferring the properties to external files like Excel, text/CSV file
- Generated report for the test suites/test cases while working with different API’s in SoapUI Pro
- Hands-on experience working with Xpath and XQuery assertions for validating the service response
- Worked with Groovy Scripting to compare the results of two/more test cases and mark the corresponding test step as Fail/Pass
- Experience working as Test Manager for a small Integration Project for over a month
- Co-ordinate with the teams accordingly to ensure all the activities are carried out as per the plan
- Follow-up on the issues/defects raised and made sure they get resolved
- Followed Agile methodology and participated in daily scrum meetings
- Weekly status calls with application and management teams, updating the project status for quick resolution of bugs and various technical issues
- Excellent interaction working in On-shore/Offshore model
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Groovy, QC, Rally, Test NG, Jenkins, SoapUI, SoapUI Pro, XPATH, Eclipse, Firebug, HTML, XML, Sub-version, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, and Windows.
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
Sr. Automation Engineer
- Analyzed the Business Requirements Document, put input in Test Plan and prepared detailed Test Cases for new functionality.
- Associated with development team to understand technical design and architecture for test planning.
- Designed and developed Page Objects using Page Object Design Pattern and Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed Selenium Automation framework - Created a hybrid framework (Keyword and Data driven) on Selenium using TestNG.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application’s GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG and Jenkins.
- Developed Automation scripts for new enhancements using Selenium Web Driver and TestNG.
- Used Selenium WebDriver using TestNG and Eclipse for automation in Hybrid model.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and Jenkins.
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in java using TestNG prior to agile release.
- Developed and executed White box test cases of the Java API using TestNG framework & Eclipse.
- Used Java language and TestNG framework for scripting. Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Created automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior drive.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like Github.
- Extensively used Selenium (data-driven, XPath locator) and WebDriver to test the web application.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI.
- Performed Web Services Testing and XML validation by creating test case suite using SOAP UI.
- Created whole test framework using Selenium for further test creation and execution.
- Regression test cases were written and automated using Selenium Web Driver.
- Prepared Traceability Matrix to ensure the adequate coverage of the test cases.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium.
- Updated Test Plans and Test Cases periodically to manage changes in requirements.
- Reported software defects in JIRA and interacted with the developers to resolve technical issues.
- Connected to database to Query the database using SQL for data verification and validation.
- Performed back end testing on Oracle Database by writing SQL queries.
- Created SQL views to aggregate data before moving to targeted database from legacy database to simulate results.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverables.
- Validated soap response using various Assertions such as XPath, Contains, SOAP Fault, Schema Compliance etc.
- Tested applications in different types of browsers and versions, such as Internet Explorer, Firefox, Google Chrome to simulate production environment.
- Participated QA weekly meetings and various other meetings and discussed Enhancement and Modification Request issues and defects in the application.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Jira, Test NG, SOAPUI, Maven, XPATH, Eclipse, Jenkins, SQL, Oracle, Firebug, HTML, XML, Git Hub, Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox, Oracle and Windows.
Confidential, Cincinnati, OH
QA Automation Engineer
- Prepared Test Plan, test Cases, Test scripts and Test data for the application as well as for the database verification based on the functional requirements and test specs.
- Involved in testing various business rules User/Customer functionalities, and Change Processes.
- Developed and implemented Hybrid Framework with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Developed automation scripts using Selenium WebDriver, Eclipse, TestNG and Java.
- Developed re-usable function using TestNG for the Test Automation.
- Performed functional testing to identify various critical points in the application and automated it by using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG
- Used TestNG framework to run unit test and Ant to build the Project. Extended TestNG framework by adding some helper classes and methods.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Maintained and executed Ant build files for running automated tests.
- Implemented Page Object Model Automation framework with Java and Selenium WebDriver
- Involved in development of Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, ANT and TestNG.
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium.
- Responsible for Integrating Selenium Tests with Jenkins for Continuous Integration.
- Worked on creating test case for Object -driven framework for Selenium WebDriver.
- Involved in automating test cases using Selenium WebDriver with TestNG
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium WebDriver provided more flexibility in automating test cases.
- Performed Integration and Regression testing to check compatibility of new functionality with the existing functionalities of the application using Selenium.
- Prepared user documentation with screenshots for UAT (User Acceptance testing).
- Setup the Automation framework using Selenium WebDriver to run test cases in multiple browsers and platforms.
- Developed automated script for back-end testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Regression test cases were automated using Selenium WebDriver.
- Used Selenium WebDriver to test search results of Meta search engine.
- Preparation and execution of test scripts using JMeter and SOAP UI tool to perform Web Services testing.
- Used SOAP UI tool to test SOA based architecture application to test SOAP services and REST API.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium WebDriver.
- Developed SQL Scripts for Backend Testing to ensure that the data is updated as per the Business Rules.
- Reported defects to developer and discussed about the issues in weekly status meetings.
- Stored, analyzed and prioritized defects using Defects module in Jira
- Demonstrated ability to solve complex automation challenges involving Ajax, dynamic objects, custom object types, unexpected event handling.
- Attended weekly status meetings with development and management Teams.
- Interacted with development and product management teams for the quick resolution of reported bugs and various technical issues.
Confidential, Bloomington, IL
- Analyzed the Business Requirement Document (BRD), Functional Specification Documents to prepare Test cases based on Test Plans.
- Determined user/business/functional requirements.
- Involved in various testing types like UI Testing, Functional testing, User acceptance testing, Integration testing, Navigation testing and Regression testing on the application.
- Extensively interacted with Business people, Developers and with end users to test according to their requirements.
- Used Selenium Web driver for creating Regression scripts.
- Involved in using Selenium Web driver and writing Selenium tests through Eclipse IDE.
- Wrote Junit tests using Junit framework.
- Reviewed and analyzed requirement document for writing Test cases.
- Run tests by using Selenium Grid in different browsers.
- Used Firebug Tool to identify the Object’s id, Name, XPath, link in the application.
- Involved in Web Services Testing using SOAP UI.
- Associated Test cases to requirements in order to ensure that all the functional requirements have been covered in the Test plan.
- Organized and prioritized requirements in Quality Center.
- Scheduled and ran the tests using Test Lab module in HP Quality Center.
- Attended the daily defect meeting to discuss status and report the test cases of each different testing, discuss issues and advancement which need for the product.
Environment: Java, Selenium Web driver, Junit, Eclipse, Quality Center, Clearcase, Firebug, XPath, PL/SQL, HTML, Apache, Windows XP and UNIX.
Confidential, Santa Ana, CA
- Analysis of functional specifications and designing Test Plans, Test cases for Functional Testing.
- Actively participation in GUI testing, Functional testing, System testing, Smoke and Sanity Testing.
- Involved in integration testing of different modules.
- Modification and execution of Test case Scripts (Java-Selenium RC) in Eclipse IDE, design of automation test framework (Junit).
- Wrote test cases and performed Manual Testing like Positive Testing and Negative Testing, Regression, Integration, Unit Testing.
- Performed records, enhanced, and plays back test in Fire fox using Selenium IDE.
- Performed requirements Analysis, Risk analysis, Dependency Analysis and Issues/Problems Analysis.
- Collaboration with development and other QA on test execution.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed and compared using Quality Center.
- Used SQL Queries for backend testing to check the data integrity and data consistency.
- Interaction with developers to report software bugs and re-test the fixed issues.
- Involved in Creating check lists for testing team.