- I am a certified Software (Black - box) test specialist and Project Manager with over 12 years of experience in various software development environments (SDLC). In the last 7 years, I managed a team of 8 to 15 software analysts conducting Independent Verification and Validation (IV&V) on the EDExpress software and ISIR Analysis Tool (IAT) commissioned by the US Dept. of Education. An accomplished Test Manager; I have excellent interpersonal skills, project management skills and extensive experience interacting with clients and stakeholders.
- I am professional with polished leadership and mentorship capabilities, highly organized, well-disciplined and motivated person. I have a good attention to detail, a strong and effective communicator able to work alone using developed initiatives as well as a strong team player. I have proven abilities implementing standards, procedures and processes that improve software product quality and enjoy the responsibility/ownership and its associated challenges.
Microsoft Application: MsWord, MsPowerpoint, MsExcel, MsAccess, MsProject, MsVisio, SharePoint
Operating system: Windows OS, Mobile platforms and cross-browsers
Testing Tools: Mercury LoadRunner, Telerik, Selenium
Reporting Tools: Mercury Test director, HP ALM and Quality Center, Serena TeamTrack and Atlassian JIRA
System methodology: Waterfall/V Model, JAD/RAD and Agile lifecycle
Database: Ms SQL, RDBMS and Oracle
Programming Environment: VB, ASP, VB.NET, Java, J2EE, Ruby, Html5, PHP, Python
QA Project Manager
- Test Planning, Test allocation and scheduling for all IV&V Utilities, Test Development and Test Execution.
- Develop IV&V Review Checklists, and Deliverable Item Description (DID) describing the methodology to be used to complete the task and the deliverable(s) to be produced.
- Leading and providing technical support for the IV&V Utilities Team of Engineers.
- Technical oversight of all IV&V Utilities formal test assets.
- Test team management - Created work/task schedule, team utilization strategy, conducted training and new hire interviews.
- Client servicing - Interacted with stakeholders to discuss project scope, deliverables and schedules. Conducted walk-through meetings and other presentations with stakeholders.
- Requirement Gathering - Attended client/business meetings to discuss, elicit and review business requirements, functional specifications and design documents.
- Test Estimation - Provided adequate budget, schedule and test effort/status reports to clients.
- Test Documentation and Planning - Created detailed test plans, reviewed test cases/scripts and maintained Requirement Traceability matrices.
- Test Execution - Reviewed test data, evaluated and verified results of Functional, System and Regression testing. I also supported clients on User Acceptance Testing (UAT).
- Defect Tracking - Utilized TeamTrack/JIRA to report bugs/defects. Created Defect Triage reports and clarification documents for stakeholders.
- Regression Test - Created Regression test plans/schedule, reviewed test cases and supervised the retest on fixed defects/bugs. Presented Regression artifacts to stakeholders.
- Defined test objectives, test scripts and test sets.
- Reviewed requirements, functional specifications, use-cases and user interface designs.
- Created detailed test cases/scripts and test suites from Requirements/Software Specification documents.
- Conducted manual tests, recorded and verified test results.
- Utilized Mercury LoadRunner to execute test scripts, defect reporting and tracking.
- Carried out retest on bugs fixed by developers and performed Regression testing.
UAT Test Analyst
- Defined testing objectives, test scripts and test sets.
- Created Test scheduling and prioritization.
- Test preparation, reviewed requirements, functional specifications, use-cases and user interface designs.
- Test scripting, execution and incident logging.
- Scripts exercised on Internet Explorer browsers.
- Recorded manual test, evaluated and verified the results for all test phases.
IT Attestation Senior Associate
- Developed information security policies, guidelines, and standards for a major public services client and financial services clients.
- Managed a high visibility risk assessment engagement to timely completion and assisted in earning a contract renewal for $12m
- Performed security vulnerability assessments and remediation for a major financial institution.
- Identified and assessed risks in IT and business processes to attest to the integrity of client’s systems
- Performed IT audits on major financial institutions; specific tasks included identifying, documenting and evaluating internal controls and key business processes
- Led a team to perform process improvements for over 71 processes for a major retail bank’s card services division
- Performed risk assessment and remediation for several key processes for a major commercial bank to attain compliance with the regulators
- Assisted in conducting due diligence on law firms prior to the firms being engaged by my client
- Coordinated a SAS 70 audit on a securities firm; primary responsibilities included gathering relevant documentation and creating the SAS 70 report
- Determined the surcharge ability of insurance claims by taking a statistical sample and using Confidential (data mining application) to perform data reconciliation analyses for a healthcare insurance compliance audit
- Industry exposure to Non-Profit/Government, Education, Financial Services, Healthcare and Insurance