- Around 9 years of experience in Software analysis, Software Quality Assurance Testing of Web, Windows, Web Services, Mobile, Client/Server applications and databases in Payment, Telecom, Healthcare and eCommerce/Retail (POS) Applications.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, Rational Functional tester (RFT), QTP & Appium to develop automation testing scripts for Web, Mobile and client server applications.
- Strong knowledge in entire Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Test Development Life Cycle(TDLC) in Agile along with Iterative development environment. Expertise in implementing Waterfall and Agile(Sprint/Scrum) Methodology by analyzing requirement specifications.
- Implemented Keyword Driven and Data Driven and Hybrid Driven frameworks to retrieve test actions, test data from Excel files and SQL Databases
- Experienced with Web Services, SOAP, SOAPUI, RESTFUL, WSDL technologies and writing Scripts.
- Experienced in providing the efficient locators strategy like XPath and CSS using firebug and fire path to run WebDriver script in stable condition.
- Hands on experience of Mobile Apps Testing in Manual and automation testing of Mobile Apps.
- Experience on Junit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson/ MS Build/NUnit for Continuous Integration.
- Expertise in Grouping of Test cases , Test Methods and Test Suites for functional testing and regression testing using the TestNG annotations like Groups, Parameter , Data Provider .
- Experience in Manual Testing, Regression Test Scripts and Automating them by coding in Java.
- Experienced working with Agile, Incremental and Iterative, Scrum, XP, or Lean environments.
- Experience with unit testing, functional testing, user acceptance testing, integration testing, system testing, performance testing, sanity testing, exception testing, compatibility testing & security testing of client/server and web - based applications.
- Supported test automation framework by writing new testing methods with Python using Selenium Web Driver and Visual Studio.
- Experience with QTP/UFT - Object repository, Checkpoints, Actions, Functions, regular expressions, parameterization, descriptive programming, Object spy and functions.
- Strong Knowledge in java OOPS (Object Oriented Programming System) concepts, Exceptional Handling , Collection Framework , Conditional and Looping statements.
- Good experience in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, HTTPClient, SoapClient and JAXB , Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats. Familiar with web protocols (HTTP, FTP, TELNET).
- Experience in doing performance testing of service using JMeter.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Rally, Jira, HP ALM/QTP , Bugzilla and Test Director/Quality Center (QC), Microsoft Test Manager (MTM), Auto IT, RQM, RCLM and Team Foundation Server (TFS).
- Extensive experience in designing Test Cases, Scripts and reports of manual and automated tests. Developed Test Scripts using Cucumber and tested AngularJS applications using Protractor.
- Primarily responsible for Android and IOS mobile app functional validation, data validation and API testing using an Advanced REST client, JSON validation.
- Have good business analytical and technical knowledge in Healthcare Membership, Claims, Benefits and Provider Modules in Facets.
- Worked on Test Data Management (TDM) tools and supported automation frameworks.
- Developed Test Scripts to implement Test Cases, Test Scenarios and features for BDD (Behavior Driven Development), ATDD (Acceptance Test Driven Development) using Cucumber/Gherkin features, Scenarios, and Step Definitions.
- Expertise in performing manual testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium and Perfecto mobile.
- Exposure to Load And Performance test frameworks like Gatling, JMeter, Blazemeter and NeoLoad.
- Experience in all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and worked on Waterfall and Agile project environment.
- Proficient in testing database applications developed with SQL Server, Oracle and MS Access.
- Strong in writing SQL queries to perform backend data validations.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion (SVN), TFS& GIT, CVS, SVN, SourceForge, Google Code, CVS, Subversion.
- Extensively worked in Agile environment. Having a working knowledge of Scrum would be helpful. Three main values: trust, communication, and respect and is empowered to encourage and challenge each other to better their testing processes and bring new tools to the table.
Testing tools: Selenium (Selenium IDE, Selenium RC, Selenium Web Driver), Cloud Testing, HP Quality Center/ALM, Junit, TestNG, SOAP UI, Postman, UFT/QTP, Eclipse, Rally, Manual Testing, Appium, JMeter, Protractor, Perfecto Mobile, Geb, Spock, Sauce Labs.
Testing Frameworks: Modular, Data-Driven, Keyword-Driven, Hybrid, Test Modularity, Business Process Testing (BPT), Behavior Driven Development (BDD) and Page Object Model Design Pattern.
Test Build & Integration Tools: Maven, ANT, Tortoise, SVN, GIT, Jenkins, TeamCity, Hudson, Bamboo and TFS.
Test Cases Management/Project Management Tools: JIRA, HP QC/ ALM, Bugzilla, Github, Rally, TFS, Zephyr, IBM Rational Quality Manager, Test Director.
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server & MS Access.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012).
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, XCode, UML.
Project Management: Microsoft Project, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, Outlook, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Austin, Texas
- Assessed & analyzed user stories and participated in Sprint planning, Review Sessions & Scrum Meetings and developed Test scenarios, Test cases, Test data, Test procedures, Test reports
- Involved in preparing test cases using user stories from JIRA in MTM to validate all UI components, Popups, Browser navigations, Mouse Movements.
- Performed Functional Testing, Regression Testing and End to End Testing and Involved in User Acceptance Testing (UAT)
- Documented and reported all found defects in JIRA.
- Implemented Nunit automation framework for Smoke Test to ascertain that the crucial functions of the application work and implemented Regression Test to make sure that the existing functionality is not broken
- Performed Functional testing as per user stories and performed Integration Testing &System Testing using Protractor automation scripts
- Designed and Developed test automation Artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex automated testing situations.
- Used Octopus to deploy builds in all lower environment when required.
- Managed individual sprints user stories and tasks using JIRA as tracking tool
- Managed the framework dependency jars using Maven. Verified the integration of various components in the application and executed end-to-end testing.
- Performed extensive mobile application testing using Sauce Labs.
- Maintained Selenium & Java Automation Code and resources in source controls like GIT, Jenkins for improvements and new features
- Used C# with selenium for UI automation along with Nunit and used C# with LeanFT in combination with Nunit.
- Developed Automation framework implementing Page Object Model, and Data Driven Test for certain Test Cases
- Performed black box testing, database testing, and web-based testing on several test phases.
- Involved in Web services testing using SOAPUI, Postman and UFT Tool. Validated request and response Json.
Senior QA Automation Engineer
Confidential, Dallas, Texas
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and TestNg Framework.
- Performed Data driven testing using Selenium WebDriver and JDBC Connections which reads data from scripts using property and XML files.
- Implemented Page Object Design Pattern with Page Factory, Keyword Driven, Hybrid automation frameworks.
- Used Maven for building the WebDriver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running tests on nightly basis automatically.
- Automated running smoke tests and build report generator for daily builds.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in JIRA. Generated automated daily reports using the JIRA API.
- Worked in a highly dynamic AGILE environment and participated in the scrum and sprint meetings.
- End to end execution of automated scripts, Test Result analysis.
- Assisted Manager by providing automation strategies, Selenium/Cucumber Automation and JIRA reports. Developed Cucumber HTML, JSON test reports for analyzing the test outputs .
- Designed and Developed UAT Regression automation script and Automation of functional testing framework for all modules.
- Fetched the test data into Test scripts from Excel using third party jar Apache POI .
- Used XPath and DOM to work with dynamic and static objects in Selenium
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements, non-functional specifications, and end-user needs.
- Prepared test cases, test data and test responsibility matrices for the application under test.
- Used Git as code repository and Code Collaborator to manage code reviews.
- As part of compatibility testing, executed the workflow manager web application related test cases on different browsers different Operating Systems.
- Used Postman for webservices/API Testing.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Worked with Android sdk for performing Mobile testing using Appium with Perfecto .
- Actively participated in walk-through, inspection, review and user group meetings for quality assurance with BAs, SMEs and Developers.
Environment: s: Selenium Web Driver, TestNG, Maven, Jenkins, Eclipse, Agile, Jira, Java Script, SQL, Data Driven and Page model object and Key Hybrid Driven Frameworks, Java, HTML, XML.
Senior QA Automation Tester
Confidential, Houston, Texas
- Responsible for gathering Business Requirements, Functional Requirements and Design Documents.
- Involved in creation of automation framework in Selenium WebDriver using behavior driven approach like Cucumber. Extensively used Page Objects design and page navigation framework for readable test script and easy maintenance from developer perspectives.
- Followed Agile testing methodology, participated in daily SCRUM meetings and testing each SPRINT deliverable.
- Conducted Automation testing using the Standards, guidelines and structured methodology in testing the application using Java.
- Extensively used SQL statements to query the Oracle Database (RDBMS) for Data Validation and Data Integrity .
- Used Appium for test Automation Framework, Cross platform test Automation .
- Implemented Data Driven using Selenium WebDriver, JAVA, Junit.
- Automated test scripts for client server and web based applications using Java.
- Responsible for creating an automation framework using POM- Page Object Model, and Data Driven to test web application. Thorough understanding of POM using Page Factory.
- Performing Functional, Regression, GUI, Integration testing using Selenium with Java.
- Using Page Object Model in Junit Framework, ANT, MAVEN and using Jenkins to ensure web application is Automatically tested via scripts.
- Performed Source Code management and version control using SVN and build management using TeamCity.
- Responsible for applying the Corporation’s Software Configuration Management processes for projects, setting up and maintaining TFS/GIT/GitHub infrastructure and supporting a continuous delivery model by automating software build and package migration processes.
- Used SOAPUI, groovy script for test data setup in BDD (Behavior Driven Development).
- Responsible for developing Automation test plans, Traceability matrix/Test strategy and identifying test cases for Automation.
- Performed Defect Tracking & Management in HP QC/ALM.
Environment: s: Java, Selenium Web Driver, Maven, Json, Eclipse, Jenkins, Agile, Java Script, SOAPUI, SQL, Data Driven and Key Word Driven Frameworks, HTML, XML.
QA POS Automation Engineer
Confidential, Framingham, Massachusetts
- Reviewed Business requirements, IT Design documents and prepared Test Plans for all assigned project's releases.
- Involved in creation of manual Test reports and Test cases. Conducted quality audits to ascertain adherence to quality standards and procedures.
- Evaluated and interpreted Point of Sale requirements created by external vendors
- Supported test activities associated with Product Point of Sales. Tested POS both desktop and mobile platforms through single framework.
- Validated production data for newly installed retailers on the POS system.
- Created test plans and schemas for systems and integration testing. Tested different configurations, missing transaction validations and backend testing in the POS system
- Developed testing scripts using SQL within data warehouse environments.
- Exposure to POS with good knowledge in using eggPlant tool.
- Experience testing credit, debit, gift card processing, credit certification.
- Experience testing Point of Sale Loyalty Programs.
- Conduct basic testing on all software products and applications for back office and mobile (POS) system.
- Involved in Testing both Confidential Application as well as Enterprise Level.
- Ensure that all the test cases are updated in the Test Director along with a Master test plan.
- After the successful release of projects, developed automation scripts using QTP and integrated the script with master script.
- Used Mercury Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Tested critical bug fixes and coordinated with developers in release of bug fixes meeting tight timeline.
- Assisted in webservice testing using SOAPUI.
- Worked with Android sdk for performing Mobile testing using Appium .
- Involved in Release support - Release for QA, involved in environment setup, testing the release process.
- Involved in Backend Database testing with Oracle using SQL.
- Analyzed the performance of Web-server, Application-sever and Database-server in a virtual user’s load.
- Created Load Runner Scenario utilized user scripts in real Performance Test, utilized different Load Runner monitoring tools, identified bottlenecks and analyzed the performance of Application Server and Database Server.
- Executed test scripts manually and then recorded the same in Win runner. All the issues that came up during this process were logged in Test Director as defects.
- Trained Production support associates on latest Point of Sale functions.
- Defects were tracked, reviewed, analyzed using Test Director.
Environment: Mercury Interactive quick test Pro, Load Runner, Test Director, Win Runner, Visual Basic, Oracle, SQL server, manual testing and Internet explorer.
QA Automation/Manual Tester
- Establishment of Automated Test Environment using QTP for Test Cases.
- Segregation of Test cases into Suites, Estimation Preparation, Approval, Script preparation for the identified test Cases.
- Created a Master Policy suite, to validate policies like Card Surrogate, Loan Surrogate etc. through keyword driven framework.
- Reusable Keywords creation, Test Data preparation, loading test data from Excel file.
- Execution, Report analysis and presentation.
- Created 9 Integration flows to cover 10 pages navigation, consists of 3 users namely Sales, OPS and RIC which completes the Application flow.
- Analyzed test specifications and converted them into Manual Test Cases.
- Manually perform Functional testing that includes Security, System testing, Smoke testing and Back-end testing.
- Reviewed the Test Cases written for Unit and Integration level.
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases & scripts and performed manual testing.
- Involved in preparing the Test Plan and Test Cases based on the business and functional specifications.
- Analyzed code to perform White Box Testing.
- Involved in writing the SQL Queries and creating the Data Base Scripts.
- Reviewed database test cases per assigned requirements to validate reports by retrieving data with complex SQL queries from SQL Server.
- Worked on SQL statements in checking the validity of the Backend.
- Participated in Integration, System, Smoke Testing.
- Expertise of testing the application developed using various mobile technologies, including J2ME, Blackberry, Android, Symbian, .Net Technology etc.
- Attended Weekly Status Meetings, discussed and interacted with team members.
- Performed End to End Testing and involved in User Acceptance Testing.
- Performed Security Testing (Authorization Testing, Access Control Testing).
- Used Quality Center (HP QC) as a bug tracking tool.
Environment: Manual testing, Quality Center, JAVA, XML, HTML, MS SQL Server, SQL, Android, UNIX and Windows.