- An accomplished QA Automation Lead in Testing with 11+ years of manual and automated quality testing experience in wide palette of testing lifecycle that includes - Unit Testing, Functional Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing and Performance Testing with Continuous Integration.
- Led both onshore and offshore teams in analyzing complex test requirements and formulate test planning and test strategy approaches supporting requirements and effectively performed multiple responsibilities concurrently
- Steep knowledge in Software Automation Testing using Unified Functional Testing - UFT/QTP and Selenium.
- Expertise in Developing Automation frameworks, creating Regression suites for multiple applications and Test Data driven development.
- Comprehensive knowledge of systems integration using Service Oriented Architecture (SOA). Proficient in SOA testing, Service Virtualization, validation of APIs and API driven applications using SOAP UI.
- Strong applicable knowledge on Continuous Integration Jenkins tool for automated testing job using Shell Scripts.
- Well versed in Waterfall and Agile (Scrum) Methodology. Actively involved in each stage of the Scrum process (Grooming, Sprint Planning, Mid-Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Team Huddles, Demo meetings, Retrospectives).
- Adept in analyzing business specification documents, developing Test Plans, Test Strategy, Test Scope, Traceability Matrix and defining Test Cases/Test Scripts/Test Conditions and automating Test Scripts, Defect Tracking, Database Testing(DML), UI Testing, Documentation, Manual Testing, End User Quality Assurance, analyzing bugs, interacting with development team members to fix errors.
- Proficient in building test scripts/features using Behavior Driven Development tool Cucumber at Unit test level
- Remarkable Oracle HR and Payroll implementation experience
- Huge knowledge of Oracle Human Resource System and detailed functionality
- Familiarity with standard HR and Payroll business processes
- Experienced with tools like HP ALM, IBM RTC, JIRA, MANTIS for testing, defect analysis, application monitoring, functionality coverage analysis.
- Has experience testing mobile applications on real devices and Perfecto cloud based mobile testing tool.
- Formulated and executed Test Queries using Oracle’s Hyperion Interactive query tools and DB Visualizer
- Expertise in handling and testing various input and output data formats that include Delimited, Fixed width, XML and JSON
- Involved in Formal Reviews, Peer Reviews, Walkthroughs, and Inspections.
- Experience in Software Verification and Validation.
- Using VDS Tool for Renewal Auto, Property, PLP and Motorcycle Policies for future 5 years.
- Able to Understand complex test requirements and formulate test planning and design approaches to support requirements and able to perform multiple responsibilities concurrently.
- Broad experience in Data driven testing and in creating Testing Status reports.
- Strong domain knowledge in financial services, Banking, Mortgage Technology & Supply Chain Management - Ariba network.
- Good communication and inter-personal skills, strong team player, quick learner with strong leadership and strategic thinking skills.
Defect Tracking/ SCM Tools: JIRA, RTC (Rational Team Concert), HP ALM,Test Director, Mantis, BitBucket
Automated Functional and Performance Testing Tools: Selenium, Perfecto Mobile Testing, ALM, Quick Test Pro(UFT/QTP), Test Manager, Win Runner
Service Testing: SoapUI (Ready API 1.5 and SoapUi 5.1.2)
Operating Systems: Windows, Unix and Macintosh
Data/File Format: XML, ACORD
Application Servers: Web Logic, IBM Web Sphere, Oracle Web Application Server, Java Web Server and IIS, .NET
Databases: DB2, Oracle, Cloudant (NoSql)
Database Query Testing: Hyperion Interactive Reporting, DB Visualizer
Languages: Visual Basic, C, C++, SQL
QA Automation Test Lead
Confidential, Dover, NH
- Understand the domain knowledge of multiple client applications and analyze business requirements and contribute to the testing activities.
- Defining the project scope, test objective, test strategy and data requirements for the testing effort.
- Collaborate with business analysts to clarify application requirements for the initiative.
- Estimation of the testing effort.
- Design and customization of test automation framework based on the complexity of the Test requirements.
- Preparation of Test Automation Scripts & Review of the automation test scripts developed by peers within the team.
- Prepare execution plan and test data for assigned work.
- Perform Automation script execution & share the execution metrics.
- Managed repository of automated quality assets and extended consultation of complex projects.
- Driving the Defect status calls to represent the testing issues and initiate escalations on time.
- Worked with Product Owner and program Technologists to determine, finalize testing requirement specifications
- Created robust and reusable automation testing strategy for functional, integration and regression testing
- Participated in JAD, Daily Scrum, Team Huddle, Backlog Grooming and Product Owner Demo, Sprint Retrospective
- Built Junit Tests for BDD tool Cucumber features .
- Maintained SOAP UI Test projects in BitBucket Repositories and used JIRA for feature management and release check-in
- Wrote technical reports on test, analysis of test results and test completion demo to Product Owners and other stakeholders - used SOAP UI Report and ALM Dashboard.
- Scheduled tests in Jenkins for SoapUI test using Shell Scripts to run Test Runner.
- Requirement Analysis and test case Identification. Delivering the test plans and test cases of Several Strategic projects
- Used soap UI to do create Rate and Bind XML’s with all the required billing information and check the premium from the response xml’s.
- Developed QA Testing documents like Test Scenarios and Test Cases
- Perform Functional, GUI and Error handling; Regression testing
- Worked on all stages of full testing life cycle of web application in Agile-Scrum and Waterfall methodologies.
- Performed Browser testing of application functionality on various versions of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, and Apple Safari to ensure the application functions as expected for customers who quote through LM.com
- Data preparation for execution of User Stories.
- Worked on Splunk to log application data metrics, create query, reports and dashboards.
- Validated test scripts to ensure that all the test scenarios are complete.
- Involved in browser compatibility, cross browser, Mobile testing on all Mobile Phone Devices using the Perfecto mobile cloud testing tool
- Involved in production checkout and testing after implementing code to production.
- Developed SQL scripts to validate relational database tables.
- Execution of test suits on native apps on mobile devices.
- Used and administered Share Point for sharing team’s work spaces and documents.
Environment: Quick Test Pro (QTP), Selenium, Test Director, Quality Center, Windows XP Oracle9i, Oracle Reports6.0, Oracle Forms6.0, SQL, C++, MS Excel, MS Access, UNIX, PVCS Tracker, Web Logic.
QA Tester/ Analyst
- Involved in reviewing System Analysis, Business Requirements and Use Cases.
- Designed Test Plan and participated in writing Test Scripts and Test Cases using Test Director
- Performed Manual Testing in Claims and Billing modules in Test Director
- Validating check numbers and the amount printed after the Payment Run job is processed and comparing it to online.
- Remarkable knowledge of Oracle Human Resource System and detailed functionality
- Familiarity with standard HR and Payroll business processes
- Checked the data flow through the front and backend and used SQL queries to extract the data from the database.
- Involved in validating Reports and Documents which displays complete details of the claims processed.
- Performed Unit, functional, regression, system integration, integrated and user acceptance testing.
- Performed Automated Test Planning & Execution using ALM in conjunction with Selenium scripts.
- Tested DRT (Deployed ready to test ticket) after each weekly deploy.
- Performed Interface (GUI) Testing.
- Used ALM defect tracking for entering reproducible defects and to link them to failed test steps.
- Involved in Defect Triage meetings with developers.
- Created ALM Traceability matrix by linking requirements id’s with their corresponding test steps.
- Analyzed unexpected EHP (Exception Handling Page) or CTA (Call to Action) encountered while testing.
- Generated manual test cases and QTP scripts to test the functionality of the applications using various checkpoints, and data driven tests
- Used Quick Test Pro (QTP) for preparing Regression bed of Regression Testing and for automation.
- User defined functions are written and invoked in QTP scripts.
- Involved in production checkout after implementing application.
- Developed Test Metrics on the weekly basis for senior management using MS Excel.
Environment: Quality Center, Test Director, Visual Basic, Windows, SQL, MS Excel, MS Access
QA Tester/ Analyst
- Resource planning & allocation to meet project deadlines, worked with development teams investigating and correcting software bugs and deficiencies based on the testing results.
- Interacted with the business analysts and the end-users to develop the test plans.
- Involved in writing testing methodology, by following standards for test documentation, test requirements and test procedures
- Involved in designing, implementing and maintaining the entire QA process.
- Identified Test Cases to be run for Regression Testing and conducting Regression Testing.
- Responsible for weekly status meetings reporting progress and future testing efforts to the QA Manager.
- Executed scripts Manually in Test Director for each release based on expected results.
- Involved System, Acceptance and End-to-End testing with downstream and upstream partners.
- Prioritized and documented bugs in Test Director that are found during the process of testing.
- Involved in testing daily, weekly and monthly reports which are generated after batch run.
- Involved in maintaining and updating automation scripts for every release based on business changes and new functionality
- Involved in executing Data Driven scripts using Win Runner to load source system data.
- Generated automated scripts for synchronization and data driven test by using Win Runner built-in functions
Environment: Win Runner, Test Director, MS Excel, MS Access, Windows, UNIX.