- Software Quality Test Engineer with around 7 years of experience in Software Quality Assurance and testing on Client - Server, Web based and Mobile applications.
- Experience in industry standard methodologies like Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Test Life Cycle (STLC), Bug Life Cycle (BLC) and software development methodologies such as Agile, V Model and Waterfall.
- Proven ability in designing and creating automation frameworks for J2EE based applications using Java, Junit/ TestNG, Selenium WebDriver/IDE/Grid, ANT/Maven and Jenkins.
- Experience in Leading Large size teams with complex enterprise applications
- Experience in analyzing business requirements and specifications, development and execution of Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases.
- Widely followed AGILE methodology and scrum processes. And well versed with JIRA Defect Tracking Tool.
- Well versed with Airline, Telecom, Banking, Retail and point of sale (POS) domain applications.
- Very good Exposure in conducting Volume Testing, Batch processing and stress testing.
- Knowledge in testing IVR for navigation system application on iPhone and androids.
- Experience working with Performance testing using Load Runner.
- Experienced working with Quality Center/ALM and Clear Quest (Defect Tracking process).
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and Soap UI).
- Very good Exposure in conducting Volume Testing, Batch processing and stress testing.
- Worked with end users, senior management and vendor management.
- Experienced in Testing of Real Time Transaction processing.
- Strong experience in all levels of Testing such as Positive testing, Negative testing, Integration Testing, Functional Testing, System Testing, Regression Testing, Data Migration testing and User Acceptance Testing (UAT), Database testing, Security and Usability testing.
- Experience in black box testing, white box testing, unit testing, GUI testing, API Testing, and Browser compatibility testing.
- Possess good programming skills and understanding of JAVA, JSP, HTML, UNIX shell scripts, SQL.
- Ability to take proactive initiatives related to application performance improvement using Automation and different frameworks. Also adept in exploring new business opportunities.
- Customer focused self-motivated, team person, good analytical and problem solving skills and ability to quickly learn new technologies. Good communication skills with commitment, perseverance, detail oriented and positive attitude.
- Experienced in effectively handing onsite-off shore model project implementations.
- Responsible for ensuring the thorough testing of the product against business requirements, non-functional requirements ensuring the critical business goals and requirements are met.
- Participated in project review meetings to monitor progress of the project to ensure timely completion and delivery of the project to the client.
Testing Tools: Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/GRID, HP Quality Center, SOAP UI, ALM, Version One, Putty, UFT, Mantis, Load Runner
Test Frame Work: Junit, TestNG
Methodologies: Agile-Scrum, Waterfall, V-Model
Databases: Oracle, SQL Server, MS Access
Build & CI Tools: Ant, Maven, Jenkins, Hudson, Cruise Control
Defect Tracking Tools: Jira, BugZilla, IBM Rational ClearQuest
Operating Systems: Windows variants, UNIX
QA Test Analyst
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Performed agile testing, review the stories and participated in Daily Scrum, Iteration Planning and Release Planning meeting and used Rally Tool
- Participated in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle(STLC)
- Involved in the design and development of test plan from business and Functional requirements which includes test objectives, test strategies, test environments etc.
- Participated in peer review with team and developers to review test cases/test scripts.
- Performed System, Integration, Smoke, Sanity, Functional, End to End, Positive and Negative and monitored the behavior of the applications during different phases of testing using testing methodologies.
- Regression testing was performed after each build release of the application and updated the Scripts by executing the Regression suites built using Selenium and approve for regression suit.
- Created Selenium Test cases for automation using Selenium Web Driver and Java
- Used Hybrid Framework of Selenium to get data from Excel.
- Build a detailed, reusable, Script - free Keyword + Data - Driven framework for over 45% Test cases using Selenium WebDriver + TestNG.
- Parallel, Cross - Browser Testing using Selenium Grid and TestNG.
- Performed back end testing by writing and executing SQL queries to validate that data is being populated in appropriate tables and manually verify the correctness of the data with front-end values.
- Interacted and worked with the development team to analyze the defects and reported them in Quality Center and tracked them for closure.
- Interacted with users by conducting User Acceptance Testing (UAT) to ensure that the total functionality of the application was met by complying with all the business requirements.
- Participated in weekly QA status and project status meetings to report any defects and issues encountered in application.
- Discussed with team lead and PM regarding testing deadlines and post deployment validation.
- Actively communicated with the end users and business users to create realistic test cases.
- Provide test summary documentation and analyze test results, identifying trends and/or root causes of problems.
- Developed training materials, system maintenance and operating manuals for the QA environment and used the same to train the users
- Establish business continuity through Knowledge Transfer and mentoring of new resources.
Environment: Java, J2EE, Selenium IDE/WebDriver/ GRID, Web Services, SOAP, SOAP UI, REST, TEST NG, HTML, Java Script, CSS, AJAX, HP Quality Center, JXL, Agile Methodology, Rally, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
Software Test Engineer
- Analyzed business requirements and functional documents, created the test strategy document that define the test environment, phases of testing, entrance and exit criteria into different phases of testing and resources required to conduct the effort.
- Developed and Implemented automation using Selenium WebDriver and Java. Used Eclipse IDE to develop & debug the code.
- Developed and implemented robust MVC Pattern base testing with Selenium WebDriver which cut down the script development time in half.
- Involved in design and implementation of Selenium WebDriver automation framework for smoke and regression test suites (TestNG and Maven).
- Extensively developed automation test scripts for regression testing (TestNG).
- Configured Selenium WebDriver, TestNG, and Maven tool and created Selenium automation scripts in Java.
- Maintained and executed Maven build files for running automated tests.
- Involved in the Continuous Integration of the automation framework with Jenkins.
- Implemented Automated execution of tests (nightly and need based) using Maven and JENKINS.
- Configured the test suite to Jenkins to make it run on every successful deployment, which helped reduce the feedback loop time to the developers.
- Involved in writing Test Cases by using Wireframe, Design docs and Acceptance criteria.
- Used Firebug to do web based application testing with selenium for the commands and locator application.
- Extensively used XPATH, Regular expression and classes to perform UI actions. Exported output/reports for all automated testing results.
- Designed, maintained and executed Automated Integration framework of API/Web Services across multiple test and production environments using SOA test.
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with tool called SOAP UI and using this tool to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and run them.
- Created data-driven automation scripts for testing API Web Services using SOAP UI.
- Used HP Mercury Quality Center for Test Management, for Functional Test Automation.
- Performed User Acceptance Testing in the final phase of software development process to check the functionality of the software.
- Performed data accuracy, data validation and data integrity testing by querying the database using SQL queries to check the data table on server.
- Involved in defect management - Track all the defects raised, conduct defect meetings to update the status of all the defects on periodical basis, publish a consolidated list on weekly basis.
Environment: Java, Selenium WebDriver, Jenkins, Maven, TestNG, SOAP UI, Quality Center, Git, Firepath, Firebug, XPATH, CSS, HTML, Groovy, Java Script, XML, SQL, Oracle, Windows.
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Document to understand the process and write Test Plan and Test Cases.
- Worked on complete life cycle of QA (including Test Planning, Test Execution, and Defect Resolution etc.).
- Conducted Smoke testing, Functional testing, Regression testing, Integration testing, User Acceptance Testing (UAT) and Data validation testing.
- Used Quality center to organize and manage all phases of the software testing process, including planning tests, executing tests.
- Writing and Reviewing Test Cases and Uploading Test Cases in Quality center.
- Seeded test cases into Test Plan module of Quality Center.
- Involved in developing and executing automated test scripts to support testing requirements using Quick Test Professional (QTP).
- Managed multiple shared object repositories.
- Worked closely with the developers to resolve the design and development errors and to get the software released for system testing.
- Used SoapUI for testing Web Services.
- Monitor the performance of the product and document the results of the testing process.
- Coordinated all QA activities and enhancements using Agile Methodology.
- Ensure accuracy and completeness in the test reports.
- As a QA analyst carried out testing, to check whether the application is functioning as per the use case and functional specifications.
Environment: Quality Center, QTP, UAT, Waterfall, SOAP UI, Eclipse, MS Office, Java, MySQL, Windows.