- Acquiring 9 years of immense experience in Leading Software Quality Assurance and QA implementation.
- Extensive knowledge of Quality Assurance standards, methodologies and strategies with better understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Expertise in testing Client - server applications as well as Web-based applications.
- Experienced in Banking, Financial, Telecom and Retail domains and worked with on demand releases.
- Experience in Developing, Documenting and Executing Test cases manually and developing Automation Scripts using Quickest Professional(QTP), Selenium RC, IDE, Web Driver to ensure proper business compliance.
- Worked closely with users and business analysts, Project Managers, Developers to understand requirements, business processes for testing and attended regular walkthroughs.
- Experience in mobile automation using Appium.
- 5+ years of experience in web user interface automation testing with Selenium Web driver, Java, Junit and TestNG frame works.
- Performed automation testing using Selenium and Java Scripts for testing GUI Functionality.
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM, CI, and CD Process using Maven/Jenkin
- Proficient use of HP ALM, Quality Center and Test Director to manage the software testing process.
- Good exposure to various bug tracking tools, such as BUGZILLA, JIRA, etc.
- Experience in using the Xpath, CSS Selector for identifying the UI objects
- Experienced in all stages of testing, Functional testing, smoke testing, integration testing, new feature testing, regression testing, security testing, Compatibility testing, backend testing, usability testing, GUI testing and configuration testing.
- Experience with end users to supporting UAT testing and coded UI testing.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions and Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Expertise in testing SOA with Restful/SOAP Web Services. Created entire architecture for backend testing internal and third party API using Test Complete and Soap UI.
- Excellent experience with source version control tools such as Subversion &Github.
- Extensive experience working with Databases such as, MS SQL Server, Oracle, and MySQL.
- Experience in using SQL Queries to make sure that data was entered properly in the right tables, when the data was entered from front end screen.
- Experience with testing on UNIX and LINUX environments.
- Strong Analytical and Problem Solving skills.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate and be flexible within a fast-paced environment.
Testing Tools: Selenium WEBDRIVER/IDE/GRID/RC, QTP 11.0, Protractor, Load Runner 8.0, Cucumber, XPath, Firebug, Appium.
Frameworks: Junit, TestNG, TDD, Jasmine, Jbehave.
SOA Technologies: SOAP UI, REST, WSDL, UDDI, Web Services.
Bug Tracking: JIRA, Bugzilla, HP Quality Centre
Build/ CI Tools: Travis CI, Jenkins, Ant, Maven, Hudson
Databases Technologies: SQL Server 2000/2005/2008/2012/2014, Oracle 9i/10g, MS Access
Platforms: Mac Environment, visual studio, Windows 7/Vista/XP/8, Unix, Linux Agile
Confidential, Sacramento, CA
- Analyzed business requirements, business rules, created test plan and detailed test cases for projects.
- Worked with the QA Manager in developing Responsibility Matrices for the Team members periodically.
- Used Selenium Web Driver and Selenium Grid for testing the application in different machines on different web browsers at a same time.
- Attended Business reviews and Functional walkthroughs and identified the functional problems in the Application under Test.
- Expertise in using Agile methodology with Continuous Integration, Continuous Development Process for the product development.
- Extensive experience in the Quality Assurance and Automated/Manual testing of web based, Client/Server applications using security testing, performance testing, Black box and White box testing techniques.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Validated the data in the database by using SQL queries.
- Implemented Frame work for Selenium RC scripts using Java and TestNG.
- Proven ability in developing BDD/TDD scripts with Cucumber and writing step definitions for behavior.
- Executed Regression test suite on each build and for different testing phases using Jenkins.
- Used SQL queries to perform the back-end testing on SQL Server.
- Made use of Testing Framework for the creation of automated test cases.
- Guided the Team for their day to day activities and preparing them to reach the deadlines.
- Actively participated in Teleconferencing with the clients, sponsors and end users every week regarding the progress of the project.
- Performed Smoke Testing, Security Testing, GUI Testing and User Acceptance Testing.
- Helped in preparation of test plans in accordance with the business requirements.
- Involved in performing Automation testing (emulators & IOS Simulators) & Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
- Responsible in executing test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility.
- Involved in testing both SOAP and REST services using SOAP UI, Postman, Rest Assured and Tested both XML and JSON formats.
- Reported defects using JIRA and interacted with the development team to resolve any defects/issues
- Involved in backend testing of the application by executing SQL commands.
- Responsible for weekly status updates showing progress of testing effort and open issues to be resolved.
- Conducted regression testing after every new build.
- Perform both manual and automation testing and created various test results to track the testing results
- Used JIRA as a repository to record all project testing efforts and to keep track of the defects
- Configured Maven for JAVA automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM). Investigated software bugs and maintained reports, tracked defects.
ENVIRONMENT:: Selenium Web Driver,, java, TestNG, SQL Server 2010, HP ALM, Jira, Firebug, Agile, Github, Jenkins, Cucumber,SQL Queries, SOAPUI, REST, Appium.
Confidential, CA, Los Angeles
- Good Experience in Agile methodology with SCRUM, CI, and CD Process for the product development.
- Involved in automation tools in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC to develop automation testing scripts for the applications.
- Used web-debugging tools like XPath, Firebug and Firepath to locate elements.
- Involved in building automation framework from scratch using Selenium/ Appium Web Driver, Cucumber, JAVA, Junit, TestNG, Jenkins, Maven and Eclipse.
- Used Selenium Grid to run test cases in multiple browsers and Platforms.
- Involved in preparing the functional test cases using test design techniques data validation concepts Equivalence partitioning, boundary value analysis.
- Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Developed BDD /TDD tests using Cucumber by writing behaviors and step definitions. Developed required Selenium support code in JAVA for Cucumber.
- Developed automation scripts for mobile native applications using Appium, Java and Selenium.
- Prepared test data document and Involved in generation of bug and test case execution reports.
- Logged and managed defects using ALM defect management tool
- Strong experience with SOA architecture which include Soap and Restful Web Services Testing.
- Performed web services testing with SOAP UI by validating request and response for XML, JSON files.
- Performed data driven testing by using JDBC and Groovy script as a data source in SOAP UI and configured SQL queries to fetch data from the Oracle database.
- Preparing the Load Runner Scenarios and Executing the Scripts in Controller machine and analyzing the results.
- Performed Coded UI automation testing for the application using Microsoft Test Manager.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries for backend testing.
ENVIRONMENT:: Selenium WebDriver, Cucumber, SOAP UI, SQL, Oracle, Junit, TestNG, Appium, Eclipse, Java, Coded UI, Load runner, HTML, Agile, GIT, HP ALM/QC.
Confidential, Champaign, IL
Sr. Software Quality Engineer
- Created test plans, developed test cases and executed them
- Worked in Agile development environment.
- Involved in testing efforts by analyzing the requirements of the applications and developed Test Plan document.
- Performed Functionality Testing of all the graph types and Statistical Tool.
- Developed Test Summary report for Functional test, Regression test.
- Kept track of the new requirements / change in requirements of the Project.
- Analyzed BRD and produced walkthrough report.
- Used eclipse, IDE, Visual Studio and TestNG framework to develop test code in java language
- Extensively used Selenium IDE to record, playback and debug individual test cases, using Selenium RC provided more flexibility in automating test cases
- Involved in Hybrid(Keyword & data) driven framework design using Selenium
- Extensively used Jenkins for continuous integration and delivered automated builds, tests and releases together in a single workflow.
- Executed SOAP based web services for API testing (Java client and SoapUI)
- Developed test scenarios, test plan and test cases based on (SRS) System Requirement Specification.
- Implemented API Testing for testing of an independent Graphing Tool.
- Performed different types of testing such as full functional, Ad-hoc, Integration, Regression, Positive, Negative, Boundary, Back-end etc.
- Developed and maintain scripts for Regression and Integration Testing.
- Created different types of testing documents such as Test Progress report, Test Analysis Report etc.
- Developed test scenarios and create test plan and test cases based on FRD for Logging Database.
- Communicated with developers and project manager and Business Analyst for detected defects as needed.
Environment: JIRA, Oracle, UNIX, Java, J2EE, Visual Studios, JSP, XML, HTML, TFS, Java Script, Windows, Selenium WebDriver, SOAP UI, SQL, Oracle, Junit, TestNG.
Confidential, Sunbury, Pennsylvania
- Handle functional testing activities for some of the modules. .
- Responsible for implementing standards for web based applications. Standards include creating manual scripts to do Quality Testing and documenting all procedures and processes for frontend and backend files.
- Reviewed new or modified programs, including documentation and specifications, to determine if program will perform according to user request and conform to guidelines.
- Performed feasibility study to automate the application with selenium
- Participated in Automation Test Plan, involved in reviewing the scripts written by peers
- Involved in design and implementation of automation framework for smoke and regression test suites using Selenium RC.
- Developed test scripts using Selenium RC, Executed Automated Test Scripts & analyzed the results
- Automated regression test cases using JavaIDE, C#,C MS Visual Studios responsible in executing Selenium test scripts on different browsers and checked for compatibility
- Performed Regression testing on new builds, every modification in the application using Selenium RC.
- Tested compatibility of application for dynamic and static content under various cross browsers using HTML IDs and XPath in Selenium
- Extensively used UNIX shell scripts for generating SQL reports.
- Identified differences between established standards and user applications and suggest modifications to confirm to standards.
- Executed regression tests, functional tests and data tests. Reported, tracked, and help determine priority of reported bugs.
- Participated in Walk Through, Requirement review meetings and Defect report meetings periodically.
- Escalated the issues in the application to the project team.
- Investigated software bugs and interacted with the developers to resolve the issues.
Environment: QTP, Quality Center, Oracle 10g/11g, MS Project, C#,Visual Studios,UNIX, Java, Selenium WebDriver/RC, SQL, Agile.
QA Manual Tester
- Involved in Requirement collections, analysis, and documentation.
- Involved in Manual Testing & Regression Testing.
- Testing the modules at site observing the user specific requirements.
- Assisted in implementing a standard System Development Life Cycle for the project.
- Involved in testing life cycle for recording bugs, writing the test cases and instituted Test Plan design.
- Involved in meetings at various level with Business Users.
- Development of test cases based on the product specification.
- Performed GUI, Functional, System and Integration testing.
- Conducted Regression testing based on the bugs submitted in earlier build.
- Reported bugs and Follow up with the development team for bug resolution.
- Document test results and test procedures after every release.
- Review of test scripts prepared by other automation tester using review checklist.
- Responsible for implementing Load Runner, Performance center, JMeter based infrastructure.
- Experience in Database Testing using SQL Queries with multiple Databases Oracle, DB2, SQL Server and MySQL.
Environment: Manual Testing, Java, Web Driver,JMeter, Windows 2000, HP ALM, SQL, TOAD, UNIX.
- Involved in White Box, Black Box, Functionality, and User Acceptance Testing.
- Generation of Data for execution of Test cases.
- Responsible for analysis, reports and defect tracking.
- Generate test records, Modify scripts to do regression test.
- Developed and submitted viable test plans to test accuracy of data conversion.
- Developed SQL scripts and stored procedures using PL/SQL.
- Actively attend meetings with fellow testers and other groups to evaluate the progress and Performance of the application.
- Well versed with complete life cycle of Manual Testing process with waterfall methodologies.
- Experience in leading a Manual Testing assignment and successfully tracked progress of Manual testing effort.
- Used Quality Centre for preparing the Test Plans and manual Test scripts.
- Created data driven script to be used with various data / test cases for positive and negative testing of the application.
- Used Test Director for defect Tracking and defect reporting.
Environment: Windows Server 2000, Oracle 9i, JBOSS, JMS, MVC, Struts, Servlets, JSP, EJB 2.0, CSS, HTML, XML.