- 8+ Years of experience in Software Testing including Performance, Manual, Automation testing in Client - server, web services- SOA, web-based applications. 7+ years of diverse experience wearing multiple hats as Performance Test Engineer/Lead/Consultant with expertise in Performance Testing, Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC), Test Case Development/Automation, Test Scripting in HP LoadRunner/Jmeter/Oracle Performance Testing for Client/Server and Web based applications and services.
- Domain knowledge in Financial, Insurance, Banking, Healthcare, Retails, Oracle e business system etc.
- Experience in performance planning & forecasting, monitoring, diagnosis, testing, tuning and capacity planning using HP LoadRunner, HP ALM and APM tools such as HP Sitescope, HP Diagnostics, Wily, Introscope, Dynatrace, AppDynamics, NewRelic etc.
- Thorough Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) Waterfall & Agile, Scrum & Performance Testing Life Cycle (PTLC).
- Collaborated with Key Stakeholders-Business Representatives, Product/Project Managers, Developers, DBA’s, Infrastructure leads, Architects, Middleware etc.
- Expert in Non-functional requirement (NFRs) Gathering & Analysis, Performance Test Plan creation, Performance Test Script Development, Performance Test Execution, End to End Performance Evaluation and Engineering, Performance Monitoring and Analysis of Web/App/DB tiers, Report Performance Test Results and defects to all stake holders.
- Strong programming skills in UNIX, C, C++, Java, Python and worked extensively on Java & J2EE Applications.
- Excellent skills and experience in performance testing using Jmeter, HP tools Quality Center, QTP, LoadRunner and Performance Center.
- Extensive experience with scripting in HP VuGen using protocols such as Web (HTTP/HTML), Oracle NCA, SAP-GUI, SAP-Web, Citrix, MQ, Webservices, Ajax, Web (Click & Script), RTE, Siebel Web, Oracle 2-Tier, Citrix, DB etc.
- Experience in core AWS services (S3, EC2, ELB, EBS, Route53, VPC, auto scaling etc.) and deployment services (OpsWorks and Cloud Formation, ECS) and security practices (IAM, Cloud watch and Cloud trail) and services Lambda, EMR, RedShift, Elastic Bean Stalk, X-ray.
- Competence in designing AWS cloud models for Infrastructure-as-a-Service (IAAS), Platform-as-a-Service (PAAS) and Software-as-a-Service (SAAS).
- Proficient in DynaTrace/APM/UEM/Browser Agent, HP Performance Center/LoadRunner, JMeter; HP J2EE/.NET Diagnostics; memory heap, thread dumps analysis, hands on experience using tools - HttpWatch, YourKit, WireShark, JVisualVM, Eclipse IDE, Fiddler.
- Proven leadership skills (have lead multiple teams both Offshore & Onsite-Offshore models).
Protocols: HTTP/HTML, Web Service, Citrix, FLEX, .NET, Siebel, SAP GUI, AJAX Click and Script
Operating Systems: Windows Server 2003 - 2008, Windows 7/8, Unix, Linux
Testing Tools: HPLoadRunner 8.1/9.5/11.0/1.5/12.02/12.5/12.53, HP Performance center 9.5/11.0/11.5/12/ ALM, HP Quality Center 9.0/9.2, QTP, JMeter 2.7/2.8/2.9/2.10, SOAP UI
DevOps Tools: Jenkins, Maven, Git
Monitoring Tool: App Dynamics, HP Sitescope, HP Diagnostics, Wily Introscope, BMC Patrol, Dyna Trace.
Web/Application: IBM Web Sphere, Web Logic 7.x/8.x/10.x, Tomcat 5.0/5.5, Apache
Database: Oracle, DB2, MY SQL, SQL Server
Domain Knowledge: Banking/Financial, Healthcare/Insurance, Retail & E-Commerce
Network: TCP / IP, FTP, Telnet
Others: Rapid SQL, Toad, MS Project, SharePoint, Crystal Reports, SQL Server Management Studio, MS Visio, MS Access and Enterprise Architect
Sr. Performance Engineer/Lead
Confidential, Rochester, NY
- Involved in gathering Business Requirement, studying the application and collecting the information from developers and business teams for EXCELLUS/ UNIVERA/ THINKOWL/ DASHBOARD/ FACETS Applications.
- Discussed with the business teams in understanding the load, stress criteria and helped them identify the critical scenarios on an application from an end user perspective
- Analyzed software specifications and technical service description documents.
- Developed the Performance Test Plan & Scope documents and Performance Test Cases.
- Used JMeter to test Webservices and designed SOA Test Frameworks using JMeter.
- Designed multiple Load Runner scripts (Vugen) with different protocols like Web HTTP/HTML, BPM, Flex, AJAX, TruClient, Citrix, Web services for load testing different GUI and other applications.
- Performed scalability, performance and load testing using Jmeter (system analysis, creating virtual user environment, defining user behavior, running load test scenario, monitoring the performance, analyzing results).
- Used Manual and Automated Correlation to Parameterize Dynamically Changing Parameters.
- Analyzed graphs and reports to check where performance delays occurred, network or client delays, CPU performance, I/O delays, database locking, or other issues at the database server.
- Worked on Throughput, Hits per seconds, Network delays, latency, and capacity measurements and reliability tests of on multi- layer architecture.
- Configured Web, Application, and Database server performance monitoring setup using Load Runner Controller, Dynatrace, Splunk & HP diagnostics.
- Used APM tool Dynatrace, Jprobe tools for profiling the application to find out where the performance issue.
- Assist product teams to develop and maintain load test scripts and packages.
- AWS EC2/VPC/S3/SNS based infrastructure automation through Terraform, Chef, Python, Bash scripts.
- Managing security groups on AWS and custom monitoring using cloud watch.
- Did deep diagnostics using DynaTrace Tool, Monitored DB and Application Servers to trouble shoot root cause of problem
- Monitored the software Performance on different Windows and LINUX/UNIX environments.
- Analyzed various graphs generated by Load Runner Analysis including Database Monitors, Network Monitor graphs, User Graphs, Error Graphs, Transaction graphs and Web Server Resource Graphs.
- Pulled AWR Reports for DB Analysis and shared with DBA team for more insight also used SQL Profiler to monitor the DB while testing the Application.
- Worked with developers in writing a Python script to perform regression testing and to make sure the latest build works well.
- Experience in monitoring middleware application server’s performance metrics like, Thread count, JVM heap size, queue size etc.
- Compared the results to baseline and providing the results comparison chart to the development team.
- Responsible for making defect status report and project status report every week.
Environment: Microsoft J2EE, JAVA, Web Sphere, SQL Server, Linux, AWS (EC2/VPC/S3/SNS), PeopleSoft, Weblogic, XML, VuGen, Java JRE1.7, Loadrunner 12.50/12.53, HP Performance Center 12.20, DynaTrace6.3, Jmeter3.1, Web services, BPM, SoapUI, Splunk6.5, OEM 12c.
Sr. Performance Engineer/Lead
Confidential, Dallas TX
- Implement process procedures for Enterprise Wide Performance & Load testing services for CREDEX/ACV/CASHWISE/TLPRO/EALPRO/F-LOAN Applications and other core systems Integrations.
- Worked with Business/application teams to ensure performance SLAs are correctly identified and validated through proper load and performance testing.
- Managed releases by participating in Performance Test Requirements meetings and documentation, Test Planning sessions with shareholders, Daily status reports to teams, and Exit Review meetings.
- Created and executed performance testing strategy and lead execution of various performance test types, scheduling, scoping, scripting and data mining and conduct performance testing, analyze results, and monitor performance KPIs for new site integration, system optimization, and activation.
- Developed different scenarios to isolate bottlenecks like Smoke Test, SOAK testing, Stress testing, etc. and to identify transaction performance against SLAs.
- Hands on Experience on JMeter and HP LoadRunner (Virtual user generator, Controller, Performance center, Result Analysis).
- Experienced with protocols (Web HTTP/Html, Web Services, Ajax True Client, SAP GUI protocols and SAP web Protocols, JavaOverHttp User).
- Written LoadRunner Scripts, enhanced scripts with C functions, Parameterized, stored dynamic content in LoadRunner functions. .
- Review Application Server metrics such as CPU, Heap Use, Garbage Collection Policy, Threads and Connections in HP Diagnostics to identify performance bottlenecks.
- Extract Transform Load (ETL) development using SQL Teradata and Oracle server to develop jobs for extracting, cleaning, transforming and loading data as part of software update cycle.
- Coordinated presentations for performance testing team, mentoring the team for advanced performance testing and high level monitoring
- Coordinating with the Project Team for Test closure report Sign offs.
Environment: Load runner 11.5/11.0/9,52, Performance center 11.00, DynaTrace, SiteScope, TOAD, Splunk, SQL Server Management Studio, Web logic 11g, Windows XP, Web methods Integration Servers, Windows 2008, Windows Vista, Web applications, Portal applications, XML files.
Confidential, Dallas TX
- Reviewed the Business Requirement Specification Document and the technical specification of the application
- Reviewing System Requirements to define testing scope for various levels of testing (Functional, System, Regression, and UAT).
- Experience testing Transaction processing system for End Users during UAT and ensuring that payments made and received were calculated based on all the Business rules.
- Performed various NFT Tests like Load, Stress, Spike, Endurance & Failover Tests
- Create automated test scripts with Jmeter and Load Runner VuGen
- Researched on the usability of Jmeter for the products Performance Testing.
- Developed Loadrunner Scripts in Web, Web services, Flex and Citrix protocols.
- Develop/Enhance automation test framework using python/c/shell scripting. Provided input into the overall test process and Test Plan.
- Worked on various interfaces and end points using WSDL and SOAP messages given by the developers.
- Used Oracle SQL Developer for writing SQL Queries to verify and validate the uploaded data in database.
- Preparation of Load Generators and test execution, tracking metrics such as TPS, Response Time, Transaction Graphs, Run Time Graphs and Resource Graphs.
- Monitored and analyzed various graphs for the client side and server side metrics like Transaction Response Time, Hits per second graph, Throughput, Memory & CPU utilization, database response times, active/idle threads, size of weblogic queues etc.
- Identified bottlenecks for a clustered environment relating to Indexes, Connection Pools, Garbage collections, Memory heap size and fixed them by changing configurations with the help of the DB team.
- Analyzed results for Bottlenecks and made recommendations for the bottlenecks.
- Reported performance test results, communicate technical issues with performance recommendations.
Environment: LoadRunner9.52, Jmeter2.5/, HP Performance Center, Quality Center, HP ALM, JVM, Sitescope/Diagnostics, Dynatrace, UNIX, Vmstat, Nmon, Netstat, MS Visual Studio.Net, MS Visio, MS Visual Source Safe, Application Servers, Tomcat Servers, Web Logic, Web Servers, Oracle 11g, Toad, SQL Developer Message Queue Servers.
Confidential, Fort Worth TX
- Gathered user requirements and designed the Test Plans and Test Scenarios accordingly, which involved creating Business flow diagrams in Quality Center
- Identify the critical business transaction flows and their workloads for performance testing
- Generated performance test scripts using HP LoadRunner
- Monitored using HP Diagnostics and PerfMon to find the inferences for analysis
- Identified performance problems or bottlenecks and recommended possible steps for remediating using HP Diagnostics
- Using LoadRunner, executed multi-user performance tests, used online monitors, real-time output messages and other features of the Load Runner Controller
- Designed and developed performance testing automation artifacts (scripts, functions, scenarios, processes) for simple to complex testing situations using HP Load Runner
- Identified the Memory leakage or Garbage collection on HP Diagnostics and worked with middleware team on heap size
- Pulled AWR reports from the DB for Every Test Execution for DBA’s Review
- Wrote JMeter Script to Automatically generate AWR Reports during the Tests without any Manual Intervention
- Created test strategies and conditions for load, stress, concurrent users, and network bandwidth scenarios
- Designed the performance test harness for execution on automated, performance, and endurance testing platforms
- Performed problem solving analysis and root cause for system functionality and testing challenges using Load Runner Analysis Tool
- Implemented recommendations to retest as per client’s request to ensure the recommendations work.
- Sharing the deliverables to be delivered at each phase to stake holders.
Environment: QTP 9.0, Quality Center 9.0, Load Runner 9.5, Web logic, J boss, VB Script, SQL, Java, SOAPUI, Windows XP, MS Office, Jira.
Confidential, Columbus, OH
- Worked closely with software developers and took an active role in ensuring that the software components meet the highest quality standards.
- Worked as an independent consultant for performance testing and coordinated with multiple Teams.
- Involved in preparation of estimation, capacity matrix, performance strategy docs and conducted assessments and data modeling using excel.
- Worked on Web, Web Services, and Clint-server, Main frame, and SOA, J2EE, .Net and legacy applications.
- Worked on different protocols like HTTP/HTML, Web Click &Script, Web Services, and Citrix ICA using LoadRunner 9.1
- Responsible for testing the applications in different scenarios like Average load test, Spike test, Endurance test, Volume test and Peak Load test.
- Configured Offline & Online Diagnostics like J2EE/.NET Diagnostics through performance centre.
- Conducted result analysis and communicated technical issues with developers and architects
- Involved in defect tracking, reporting and coordination with various groups from initial finding of defects to final resolution.
- Created comprehensive test results report.
Environment: Load Runner 9.1, Performance Center, SiteScope, HP Diagnostics, Excel, Oracle, MS SQL Server, Web logic, JAVA, AJAX, ASP.NET, Quality Center, J2EE Diagnostic Tool, web, Windows 2000/XP, Adobe flex, SOUPUI.
QA Analyst & Performance Tester
- Evaluated Business and System Requirement documents for testing standards
- Evaluated the integrity of code across multiple customer-preferred, vendor-specific environments
- Participated in test planning, writing test cases / scripts And Created a detailed System Test Plan and procedures.
- Test case automation and execution
- Generated test summary reports providing recommendation on app vulnerabilities, functionality and performance .
- Involved in testing Web services and XML with SOAPUI to locate WSDL file on internet, create Test cases and to run them.
- Involved in Installation of Load runner and created scripts financial applications on Oracle EBS Applications.
- Conducted Load and Stress Testing on Website's workflows to identify and report performance bottlenecks.
- Participated in defect review meetings with the team members.
Environment: HP Load runner, HP QTP, Windows 2000 NT, UNIX, DB2, SQL, Quality Center, VuGen, Web services.