- More than six years of experience in quality assurance and software testing, performing both manual and automation tests for Web - based and client/server applications.
- I am a ASTQB certified QA.
- Experienced in all phases of the Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Experienced in writing Test Plan, Test Scenarios, Test Cases, Reviewing Test Cases and Estimate Test Cases execution time.
- Expert in working different Methodologies such as Agile and waterfall models.
- Played a key role in implementing Agile scrum methodology of QA testing processes.
- Experienced in HP ALM/Quality Center and JIRA to create test plan, write and execute test cases, log the defects and reporting the defects.
- Performed back-end testing using SQL queries.
- Good Knowledge in using Quick Test Professional QTP/UFT for Regression testing.
- Experienced in identifying the areas that needs to be automated and generating the Test Scripts in QTP/UFT.
- Skillful in updating, enhancing existing framework such as data-driven, keyword, and hybrid using HP QTP/UFT for regression testing.
- Experienced in writing advanced automation test scripts within QTP/UFT using descriptive programming, customized functions, function libraries, application objects, arrays, loops, and conditional statements.
- Developed user defined functions using VB Scripting in UFT for testing database and validating the conditions.
- Used SQL queries to retrieve data that needed to be used in test execution.
- Strong knowledge of SOAP UI testing and dealing with web service testing process.
- Able to work independently and as a part of a team; Good at interpersonal and communication skills.
- Quick Learner & ready for adapting new skills.
TESTING TOOL: HP Quality Center/ALM, HP QTP/UFT, SOAP-UI, JIRA.
OPERATING SYSTEM: Windows, UNIX/Linux.
LANGUAGES: VBScript, C, C++, .Net, CSS, Java Script.
WEB TECHNOLOGIES: XML, HTML, CSS, Java Script.
DATABASE: Oracle, SQL Server, MS-Access.
TOOLS: Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Microsoft Project.
Confidential, Jersey City, NJ
- Work within the Quality Assurance Team to identify potential test automation opportunities, provided a strategy, estimates and implementation plan for automation.
- Understand the Business Requirements, Prepared Test Plan, Test Script, Test Data and functional test matrix for web and client server application.
- Maintain and improve existing automation scripts in scale with reusable functions, modules and test data collection using automated database connection.
- Perform automation regression testing once the defects are fixed and each release.
- Attend the daily Defect meetings and weekly project status meetings.
- Write and execute Manual Test Cases in HP ALM.
- Track, report and manage the defects using HP ALM.
- Write SQL query for various projects to verify the back end data based on the specification.
- Enhance Automation Scripts by using programmatic logic, creating object repository, Checkpoints, Parameterization in UFT.
- Tested request and response XML's based web services interfaces using SOAP UI
- Developed test script using groovy and created mock service for web service testing
- Worked with the Deployment team to ensure the expected code is deployed in the appropriate Test environment and other Environmental issues.
- Attend daily scrum meeting and update automation execution status, as manual execution status.
ENVIRONMENT: HP ALM, HP UFT, VB Script, Pl/SQL, SQL Server, Toad, Oracle SOAP UI, MS Excel, MS Project, MS Office, MS PowerPoint XML, Windows, JMeter,, C#, DB2, Unix, CSS, C++, Java, .Net, JQuery, JUnit
Confidential, Houston, TX
- Involved in handling Manual testing projects as QA Engineer .
- Tested the application for Functionality and documented all pass-fail report, created modification requests, assigned modification requests to respective developers, and verified bug fixes.
- Wrote Test Cases and executed tests for applications developed in Visual Basic.
- Performed Positive Responsible and Negative data testing and Boundary testing.
- For logging defects in Defect Manager, monitoring their status and tracking them to closure using Jira.
- Involved in Test Execution and Defect Reporting using Jira.
- Wrote complex SQL Quires for backend testing.
- Performed data validation using SQL queries.
- Used Table Checkpoints to check values of object properties, Image checkpoint for property values of an image and information in a table respectively using QTP.
- Automated test case through QTP for regression testing and Build Acceptance testing.
- Wrote reports for projects and worked with different project managers.
- Involved in reporting weekly project condition to the project manager and the team lead.
- Attended review meetings and walkthroughs to discuss the status of the project.
- Participated in bug review meetings on behalf of the QA team.
ENVIRONMENT: Jira, HP QTP, Oracle, SOAP UI, VB script, HTML, XML, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Visio, Windows, UNIX, Java, C, C++, C#, J2EE, .Net.
Confidential, Chevy Chase, MD
- Worked as Quality Assurance Tester in the project that followed the AGILE model.
- Performed quality assurance reviews on all System Development Life Cycle.
- Documented test plans and test cases based on the solution definition documents and use case documents.
- Analyzed modules and designed test scenarios and test scripts.
- Wrote Test Plans from Functional Requirement Documents.
- Analyzed requirements, system design and prepared test strategy.
- Interacted with Business Analyst and developers for bug review using Quality Center.
- Interacted with development Teams for timely closure of bugs reported& in meeting the requirement specification using Quality Center.
- Tracked and monitored defects using Quality Center.
- Worked with development members on bug reproduction and fixes; and updated management on testing results, activities and planning using Quality Center.
- Involved in writing SQL Queries to check Data integrity.
- Created Automation scripts by using Quick Test professional Web, Java, Oracle and ActiveX Add-ins.
- Enhanced the QTP scripts by inserting VB Script functions and Checkpoints to check for Broken Links, Text, Table, XML and Images, and Synchronization Point to capture upload time.
- Performed Data-Driven Testing, Text Output values by using Global and Local spreadsheets in QTP for testing multiple data.
- Integrated QTP scripts with QC to manage the entire Automation testing process.
- Performed Functional and Regression testing by developing and executing automated test scripts using Quick Test Pro (QTP).
- Implemented version control system and change management system for QTP scripts.
- Interacted with developers, discussed technical problems, provided feedback concerning completeness and reported bugs.
- Experienced in debugging applications, processing and validating application/backend logs in both UNIX and Windows environments.
Tools: Used: Quality Center, QTP, SQL, VBScript, Oracle, HTML, XML, Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, Windows, UNIX, Java, J2EE, VB.Net, Asp.Net, Java Script, C/C++, C#