- Senior QA lead with 6+ yrs of Software development lifecycle experience, including designing, developing and implementing test plans, test cases and test processes ensuring significant cost savings and fault - free audits.
- Testing Web based and Client/Server applications with strong business knowledge of Financial, Tele communications, Insurance and Retail management projects.
- Expertise working in Kanban, Agile and Scrum Methodologies along with Waterfall model.
- Key expertise includes testing, debugging GUI, Multi-Applications environment, Regression and automation testing.
- Experience in developing both Keyword driven and Data driven automation frameworks.
- Involved in developing and executing automated test scripts using Mercury Quick Test Professional and Smart bear’s Test Complete.
- In-depth knowledge and experience in using Automated and test management tools like Quality Center, UFT, Selenium for Client /Server, SOAP UI for web services Web and Database Applications.
- Responsible for conducting requirement walkthrough with client and developers to effectively communicate clear requirements to development and configuration team.
- Extensive experience in Functional, Regression, User Acceptance, System, web services testing and black box testing.
- Participates in design reviews and recommends design improvements or revisions to developers and system analysts. Approves design specifications and creates test cases and data prior to coding by developers Project estimation and submission of assessment for overall project, budgeting and resourcing.
- Detailed and excellent understanding of defect management tool and reporting, preparation, review and execution.
- Conducted training onshore and offshore in order to bridge the gap between the teams.
- Assisted diverse support team delegations in manual and automated test plan production.
SQA Testing & Methodologies: Test Plans, Cases & Processes Functional Requirements, maintaining RTM
Scripting & Documentation: Data Interface, Migration Testing UI & Compatibility Testing
Testing Automation using UFT and Selenium: Defect/Bug Tracking using ALM, Bugzilla and JIRA
TESTING TOOLS: UFT, ALM, Rational Suite Test Studio, SOAP UI, Selenium Webdriver, Test NG, Rally, JIRA, RTC, Test Complete, Cucumber
QA Lead/Senior Tester
Confidential, Saint Paul, MN
- Created test scenarios and test cases based on functional documents and User stories.
- Setting Test plan and Test Lab in ALM for the projects to create and access requirements, defects, test cases and reports for the status.
- Created and executed detailed test cases with step by step procedure and expected results and maintained the test logs, test reports, test issues, defect tracking using Quality Center.
- Strong scripting experience in Java programming, Selenium Webdriver and TestNG using Test Complete tool.
- Writing test cases using Element Locators, Web driver methods, Java programming features, TestNG annotations.
- Selenium test cases creation, execution and defect reporting. Experience in test scripts execution using Cucumber for acceptance test.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on performance testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture.
- Created automation test scripts to test all end-to-end components, Web and upgrade.
- Conducted test case reviews and presented the test cases/test scenarios to the team members for all iterations.
- Participated in daily SCRUM meetings and gave the daily status of testing.
- Optimized Quick Test Professional (QTP) scripts for Regression testing of the application with various data sources and data types for different teams.
- Descriptive programming and debugging of existing regression scripts using UFT tool.
- Executed SQL queries to verify the database for the relevant test cases.
- Analyzed Business and System requirements and created Test strategy, Approach and RTM docs, and presented to Client team.
- Conducting walkthrough and status calls with end client and business team.
- Prepared and Review Test Scenario, Test Condition and Test Cases based on Functional Requirement Specifications.
- Used Rational team Concert for planning, tasking, revision control, build management and reports.
- Responsible for System, Integration, regression and Compatibility testing
- Defect tracking and management using Bugzilla.
QA senior Tester/Lead
- Conducted formal and informal product design reviews throughout the software development lifecycle to provide input on functional requirements, product designs, schedules and potential issues.
- Created and executed automated software test plans, cases and scripts to uncover, identify and document software problems and their causes
- Leveraged developer background to communicate effectively with software design team.
- Used RTC (Rational team concert) as a test management tool used to manage plan, tasks, build management, defect tracking and reports.
- Primed major projects and was part of many successful releases with 0 post production defects.
- Worked for agile project for 13 months and recognized as team achiever.
- Requirement gathering, assessment and estimation along with creating and maintaining RTM.
- Conduct walkthroughs and status calls with end client and business team.
- Detailed web services and REST services testing using SOAP UI tool and backend data validation using SQL scripts
- Expertise using agile tools like Rally, JIRA and Trello
- Involved in creating and executing QTP scripts.
- IVR testing using the tool: Nexus8610 Traffic Simulation System
- Automation of regression scripts using UFT, along with maintaining the code quality and making enhancements per the requirement change.
Associate software engineer
- Requirement analysis and understanding the project E2E flow.
- Preparation and execution of high level scenario and Test cases and getting reviewed by onshore prime.
- Booking the environment and test data with onsite EDM and Test manager.
- Logging the defect & Execution status in QC and track the defect.
- Attending status and issue tracking call with client along with sending daily status reports