- Over 8 years of experience in Software testing in the areas of Web based, Client - Server applications using Manual and Automation testing techniques. Well versed in Automation testing techniques and methodologies.
- Experience in various financial domains. Good knowledge on Banking, Retail, Insurance, Healthcare & Mobile Apps (Android, IOS).
- Experience in Software Development Life Cycle and QA Life Cyclelike Agile (Scrum), Waterfall and V-model.
- Experienced in complete Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC), Software Testing Life Cycle (STLC) and Bug Life Cycle, SDET.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTPand Mercury Quality Center to develop automation testing scripts for web and client server applications.
- Strong Knowledge in understanding of Object Oriented Programming principles and development of web based technologies in Java.
- Experienced in performing Back end testing by executing complex SQL queries for validating the data in the back end database tables.
- Industry experience as a Business Analyst with solid understanding of Business Requirements Gathering, Evaluating Data Sources, Translating Requirements into Specifications, Application Design.
- Proficient in using test automation tools such as Selenium WebDriver/RC/IDE/Grid, QTP and QTP, Appium to develop automation testing scripts for web, Mobile and client server applications.
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Involved in XML and XML schema validation with XSLT, CSS and XSD.
- Used SOAPUI for WSDL Validation. Used different Assertions for validating responses.
- Extensively made use of Property Transfer and Data Driven in SOAPUI.
- Experience in Planning and execution of Performance, Load and Stress tests for Web applications
- Strong knowledge in web services testing via tool SOAP UI/ REST web services/ CA LISA (iTKO Lisa).
- Experience in working with Build Systems like Ant, Maven and continuous integration systems like Jenkins, Hudson,Team City, and Cruise Control.
- Expertise in Automation tool (QTP/UFT) and selenium IDE.
- Experience in test Automation by using open source tools such as Selenium, Junit, JMeter, and Appium.
- Sound knowledge on JUnit, TestNG framework for Unit testing, Maven and Ant for Project building tool, Jenkins/Hudson for Continuous Integration.
- Hands on experience in using build and project management tolls like Ant, MAVEN and code repository management tools like SVN, GIT.
- Experienced in installing and maintaining the IBM Rational ClearCase both Base and Multisite on both UNIX and Windows platforms using NAS environment.
- Good experience on ci tools such as Chef, Vagrant, Oracle Virtual Box, Jenkins, Maven, ANT, IBM deploy, CVS, SVN, GIT, Docker, Docker-compose, New Relic, Splunk.
- Vast experience in ALM and VersionOne.
- Have exposure of V-center / VM Ware.
- Extensive experience in ETL and BI testing for many data extractions and data migration projects.
- Experience in building Test Plans and Test Cases and navigating through the test lab, fully involved in the process of Defect identification and resolution using tools like Quality Center and HP ALM.
- Involved in DevOps migration/automation processes for build and deploy systems.
- Expertise in designing Automation Frameworks like TDD and BDD.
- Experience in working with Unit testing Frameworks such as JUnit, BDD Framework such as JBehave, Web Services tools like Advanced Rest API .
- Performed DevOps for Linux, Mac and Windows platforms.
- Customized Automation Report Engine to publish Automation results for CICD (Continuous Integration Continuous Deployment - TeamCity 9 and Jenkins 2.0).
- Experienced in automating scripts using iTKO CA LISA testing tool for integrating the End to End Testing process and generating automated reports on test statistics using Jenkins
- Expertise in writingTest strategy, Test Plan Preparationand Implementation ofTest Case Design, Test Tool usage, Test execution, Defect Management and Defect Tracking.
- Adept in identifying Test Scenario’s and Writing Test Cases by applying Test Case Design Techniques.
- Excellent knowledge in writing unique XPath using firebug and fire path to identify web elements.
- Enforced asset management procedures and standards. Maintained asset management procedures that contained detailed descriptions of department functions, tasks, asset installs, moves, adds, changes to maintain consistency and accuracy of asset information.
- SOA Testing, Validation and Virtualization, Extended Web Services Tests in a Low -impact way using CA LISA.
- Working experience with defect tracking tools like Clear Quest, Jira, and Test Director/Quality Center (QC) and Team Foundation Server(TFS).
- Proficient with basic Unix commands / shell scripting.
- Involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment.
- Extensively worked on various Testing types such as Integration, System, Functional, Regression, Sanity, Smoke, User-interface (GUI), Data base andUser Acceptance Testing (UAT), Performance Testing.
- Well-developed Interpersonal and Communication skills with excellent Documentation and Presentation skills. Good team player with ability to grasp new concepts quickly and implement them in a productive manner.
- Expertise in performing manual testing&Mobile Application Testing using Appium.
Testing tools: Selenium WebDriver, HP QC/ALM, Junit, TestNG, JIRA, SOAP UI, QTP, Eclipse, Protractor, Manual Testing, Appium (Android Testing), JMeter, Cucumber, POS, VS Online, SOA, HP Load Runner
Web Technologies: HTML, DHTML, CSS, XML, XSD, XSL, XSLT, XPATH, AJAX, JSP.
Defect Tracking Tools: Quality Center (9, 10, 11.0), Jira, Team Foundation Server (TFS 2008, 2010, 2012), Rational Clear quest.
Languages: C, C++, Java, C#, SQL, PL/SQL, Python, Ruby,PHP,UML.
Project Management: Microsoft Test Manager(MTM), Microsoft Office (Word, Excel), Microsoft PowerPoint, MS Access, Agile & Waterfall
Browsers: Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome & Safari
Operating Systems: Windows XP, 7, 8 & server 2003, UNIX and Linux
Mobile Manual Testing: Android, iOS.
Scripting Languages: VB Script, Java Script, UNIX Basics, Groovy
Other Tools: SVN, VSS, Deep Trawl, ETL, Sauce Labs,Firebug,CI/CD,Robot framework, Perfecto, TDD,Team site, Jenkins,Maven.
Confidential, Los Angeles, CA
Sr.QA Manual/ AutomationTester
- Preparation System Test Plan, Requirement Traceability Matrix and System Test Scripts.
- Develop Automation test scripts using selenium.
- Develop Java Test codes using Eclipse, IDE and TestNG framework.
- Involved in implementation of Test Automation Framework build using Selenium WebDriver, protractor to handle Angular JS in Jasmine, TestNG and Maven technologies under Java platform utilizing industry leading harness design patterns and approaches.
- Involved in defect review, checkpoint and root cause analysis meetings.
- Developed automated functional test suites for multiple applications using Ruby/Cucumber testing framework.
- Used Hybrid, Keyword/Data Driven Framework and extracted data from external Excel files using Apache POI and loaded into the variables in the scripted code.
- Involved in System, Functional, End-to-End, Regression, Integration, UAT, Black Box, Ad-hoc, Risk based, Usability testing and retesting.
- Executing the test plans on web and mobile (Apple & Android) as per requirements.
- Implemented simulator for Mobile App Testing in Android Platform using Appium.
- Performed the Mobile Testing for Mobile App of Client, identify the Mobile Platform like IOS, Android by using Appium.
- Well versed with Black box, Functional, Smoke, Integration and Regression testing
- Involved in DRB (Defect review Board).
- Virtualized the services using Lisa Virtualization which accesses the dependent system components that are needed to exercise an application under test (AUT), but are unavailable or difficult-to-access for development and testing purposes.
- Tested cloud-based mobile applications across multiple platforms touching the full stack across the web.
- Executed test cases using Microsoft Test Manager(MTM) tool which stores the test plan and results.
- Used Jenkins as continuous integration server to run automated test suites.
- Used Maven for configuring Java automation projects and developed Maven project object model (POM).
- Created Feature File Scenario Outline with Cucumber framework and wrote Acceptance test using BDD.
- Worked with deployment teams to understand current application deployment process and provided design for automated deployment solutions using DevOps tool sets uDeploy, Jenkins, TIBCO.
- Utilized Jenkins, Git, and Eclipse for deployment on test servers and to move towards CI/CD.
- Attend the regular client call and discuss weekly status with the client, UAT and Production support
- Created libraries in VB Script to call from test script.
- Provided testing Status Reports to management, BA, and Dev. teams.
- Experience in Selenium IDE (HTML, Python, Junit, C# scripting methods)
- Hands-on experience on virtualization software like VMware.
- Responsible for software QA and analysis, with emphasis on performance testing and functional decomposition of web-based (SOA) and legacy systems architecture
- Responsible for updating the Test Metrics every day to evaluate the project status.
- Prepared Defect report and test summary Report.
- Used PowerShell for DevOps in Windows-based systems.
- Involved in Daily Build and Deployments for Jenkins (CICD).
- Interacted with multiple interfaces test, development teams.
- Involved in Acceptance test-driven development (ATDD) process to validate functionality, raises defect if required unless all the acceptance tests are passed.
- Performed continuous integration between team members(tester, developer and customer) by ATDD in domain specific language (DSL).
- Experienced in load and performance testing tool JMeter.
- Reported various Performance Analysis Graphs and Reports collected from various Performance Tools.
- Used SOAPUI for WSDL Validation. Used differentAssertions for validating responses.
- Experience in testing using Rest based the Web Services.
- Used SQL queries to access the database for Back-end testing.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing behavior’s and step definitions.
- The entire Ruby scripting done using Cucumber Framework Wrote and executed SQL queries to verify the data updates to various tables and ensure data integrity.
- Wrote test scripts to automate testing using Watir with Ruby.
- Updated existing test cases and wrote new test cases as per the requirement.
- Tested different functions of the POS system like scanning, payments and returns. Moreover, make sure that the system met the requirements and expectations.
- Used Quality Center for test case management, defect tracking, and defect reporting.
- Prepared Requirement Traceability Matrix document to map the requirements to test cases.
- Supporting the lead in terms of Review of Test Cases and Business scenarios.
Confidential, New York, NY
Selenium Automation Tester
- Developed detailed Test Plan, Test Case Documents based on the FRD and BRD Setup/Installed and Configured Selenium IDE, Selenium Web Driver and Selenium RC server.
- Setup and Configured the testing environment with Eclipse,Selenium RC server and Selenium Java client driver.
- Created and enhanced numerous test scripts to handle changes in the objects, in the tested application's GUI and in the testing environment using Selenium WebDriver, TestNG andJenkins.
- Developed and maintained automated regression test cases in Selenium WebDriver using Java programming language and Junit Framework.
- Test Case creation using Descriptive Programming in Automation tool Quick Test Pro checked the functionality of the application.
- Design and document REST/ HTTP, SOAP APIs, including JSON data formats and API versioning strategy.
- Developed Data Driven Tests using QTP, HP ALM, QC and Automated functional testing.
- Created automation scripts in SOAPUI using Groovy Script for web services testing.
- Performed APItesting using Postman chrome using JSON, PHP.
- Developed BDD tests using Cucumber by writing features and developed Required code in Ruby for Cucumber.
- Validate the data table using couch base(nosql) query for access the data in JSON format.
- Migrated repositories from CVS to Rational ClearCase for few applications.
- Involved in creation of Test Plan, Test Strategy, Test Cases, Test Matrix and Reporting of the regression results for CICD.
- Used HP ALM Tool for write and execute Function test cases.
- Develop Hybrid Test Framework using Selenium WebDriver, Watir, ruby.
- Generating optimized scenarios for performance testing using Performance Centre
- Worked with application development and operation teams using a variety of automated testing and build, and deploy tools (MAVEN, Ant, Nexus, JENKINS, SVN, Selenium, JUNIT) to resolve issues with transition to new DevOps solution.
- Worked on CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications in the cloud.
- Automated testing of mobile apps using Espresso/Appium/Java/Ruby and Android studio
- Reviewed test plans, test cases and test scripts to ensure consistency with strategic direction, goals and objectives of QA resources working on the project with AgileSCRUM methodology.
- Implemented and worked on Acceptance Test Driven Development (ATDD) agile methodologies completing releases ahead of schedule.
- Experience in creating the company's DevOps strategy in a mix environment of Linux (RHEL, Ubuntu) servers along with creating and implementing a cloud strategy based on Amazon Web Services.
- Implemented Page Object(POM) Model Automation framework with Java, Selenium WebDriver and Cucumber.
- Involved in UAT and test management using Quality Center (QC)
- Developed automation scripts in Java in BDD framework using JBehave.
- Developed and maintained Standard Operating Procedures for virtualization.
- Created Recovery Files using Recovery Scenario Manager associated the recovery scenarios to tests to instruct QTP with specified trigger action on unexpected event.
- Performed Smoke, Functionality, Integration, System, Regression tests based on Analysis, and understanding of the requirements.
- Participated in peer reviews of functional specification, application previews, and test plans/test cases.
- Used SOAPUI for WSDL Validation. Used different Assertions for validating responses
- Extensively made use of Property Transfer and Data Driven in SOAPUI
- Used Groovy Script for SQL connection to database.
- Prepared and maintained various testing results for defect tracking and modification in software.
- Maintained the automation scripts for enhancements and modifications to perform regression testing.
Environment: Java, Junit4.7,QTP 10.0, HP quality center 10.0, SoapUI 4.0.1, POM,Web logic server, UNIX, XML, HTML, SQL, Selenium Web Driver, Jenkins,Cucumber,Groovy,VB Script, SOAP UI, JMeter, Eclipse,ALM, XPATH, Java, Windows.
Confidential, York, PA
- Worked with Business team to understand the business process, identify gap in requirements, identify bottlenecks
- Worked on creating the configuration changes document for the minor enhancements.
- Performed Mobile Testing in iOS devices and android devices using Appium.
- Identified the Test Cases and documented them in Rally.
- Configured the testing environment with Eclipse, JUNIT.
- Designed and executing the automation scripts using Selenium-WebDriver.
- Experienced in White Box testing by authoring python Codes in Selenium WebDriver.
- Used TestNG Annotations in Selenium Web Driver in Python and executed a batch of tests as testing suite.
- Taking Android Builds and CI and CD from Bamboo and IOS Builds from App Store.
- Automating the device functionality using Squish/ QT tool in Python.
- Preparing Perfecto Mobile Automation Scripts for parallel and sequence execution on multiple devices (approx. 60 different devices) and different OS (Android and iOS).
- Preparing Automation Hybrid Framework Architecture on Perfecto Mobile with UFT for iPhone, iPad and Android.
- Automating tasks using Jenkins and Bamboo
- Created and maintain server-side integration tests - Python, JSON documents, MongoDB, and RobotFramework running with every build (git, Jenkins) on Amazon Web Services(AWS).
- Using Sauce Labs to run regression tests on multiple platforms and browsers in parallel.
- Final QA Binder (Test Summary Report, Traceability Matrix, Metrics).
- Provided the weekly status report of open tickets to management, utilized Remedy to create, track and update.
- Monitored the test execution inJenkins once the code pushed into Continuous Integration.
- Used Maven for building the Web Driver project. Integrated with Continuous Integration tools Jenkins for running test on nightly basis automatically.
- Automated Test Scripts and updated existing keyword framework by developing custom keywords in robot framework
- Performed mobile testing by writing java for automation through Selenium Appium.
- Worked on DevOps tool Chef in provisioning AWS machines.
- Used Maven for build and reporting. Automated builds using Subversion and Jenkins .
- Demo and Training provided for the customer (ST, UAT and operation teams).
- Provide support and guidance to SIT, UAT teams.
- Used Appium for mobile app testing Android and iOS. Integrated Appium for distributing tests on the cloud.
- Performed automation for Functional and Regression Testing using Selenium WebDriver.
- Bridging as a business analyst between the development and the testing team.
- Exhaustive System, regression and Performance testing.
- Conducted Cross browser testing in IE and Firefox using Selenium with Python.
- Involved in managing defects and user stories in JIRA tool.
- Performance testing using JMeter tool.
- Manually manipulate data directly from SQL Server database using MYSQL.
- Responsible for validating the Process flow by writing and executing SQL queries and stored procedures using Oracle PL/SQL developer.
- Used Rally to store all testing results, metrics, implemented Test plan Document, created Test Cases, Defect Tracking & Reporting.
- Maintained bug lists for critical issues using Rally.
- Analyzing Functional Specification document and preparation of Test Scenarios, Test script andTraceability Matrix.
- Experience in writing Python Scripts and UNIX Shell-Scripts.
- Resource Planning, Estimation and Scheduling.
Environment: Selenium WebDriver, Rally, Appium, Remedy,SQL, HTML, MS Office,MYSQL,UAT, Eclipse, Python Script, UNIX, Maven,Jenkins, JMeter.
QA MANUAL/AUTOMATION Tester
- Gathered, analyzed, business requirements, user profile, created workflow processes documentation & charts.
- Created and execute Analyzed the user requirements, functional specifications and used Case documents for Functional testing.
- Coordinated and worked closely with business analysts and stake holders during requirements gathering for the product and documented test cases.
- Worked in the agile environment with frequently changing requirements and features set.
- Prepared Test Plans, Test Scripts and Test Cases based on functional specifications and user requirements.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
- Used Java language and Junit framework for scripting.
- Involved in integrating the test suites to Jenkins to execute them automatically after every successful deployment.
- Involved in setting up continuous integration system using Jenkins and working knowledge with cloud based code repository system like GitHub.
- Coordinated with developers and record defects in JIRA to track until they are resolved.
- Effectively participated in every day agile scrum stand-up meetings and participated in Iteration planning and retrospective meetings.
- Worked on SOAP Web services using C++ in multi-threaded application development processing XML requests.
- Maintained Test Matrix and Project Matrix using an excel sheet to keep track of the Project's schedule and status.
- Performed Back-End Testing, database table manipulations of relational database systems by writing complex SQL queries manually.
- Prepared the data to cover various scenarios and wrote SQL scripts to verify the database updates, inserts and deletion of the records.
- Involved in designing and building automation frameworks in support of continuous integration in a test-driven development (TDD).
- Worked on POS QA Testing was involved in setting of QA Test environment with simulated POS test environment. Evaluated and interpreted POS requirements created by external vendors.
- Used HP Quality Center to report defects and test results.
- Involved in weekly walkthroughs and inspection meetings, to verify the status of the testing effort and the project as a whole.
- Manual testing, automation using QTP (using both record & play and writing VB Script codes in the Export mode), QC for defect management.
- Developed Test Plans, Test Cases, Test Scripts, Test Scenarios, Test Data and Traceability Matrix.
- Developed and Implemented Test suites, which include features like Data Driven Framework for automated scripts using QTP.
- Involved in Testing of the various results generated by the reports against the data present in the database tables and used UAT on that data involving the users
- Conducted Gap Analysis for each of the review documents concerning the respective feeds in backend interface.
- Designed and documented test cases derived from requirements.
- Verified the applications according to the requirements. Modified automation scripts as test case changes.
- Analyzed the specifications in the User Requirements Document, Functional Requirement
- Performed functional, regression, smoke, and end-end testing.
- Generated automated scripts using QTP and documented them. Created and maintained functional & regression test suites.
- Played a key role in script enhancement process to streamline the regression testing process and to achieve continuous automatic test run.
- Updated QA status report and application database for management reporting purpose
Environment: QTP, UAT, HTML, CSS,Java, Quality Center Junit, POS, Python, DHTML, Jira, VBScript, HTML, ALM 11.5, Jenkins, MSWord, MS Excel, UNIX, Windows.